Above and Beyond at MountainView - Allentown, PA

So impresssed

This has been a very good experience. After a very short adjustment period ,my mother is happy there and has made friends. She feels cared for and is treated kindly. She is not isolated like she was when she stayed with my sister and they were at work all day and busy in the evenings as well. Even thought I live across the country, I have seen how they care for her and interact with her and it keeps me from worrying.

A&B is a very serviceable family-run community.
Competitively priced all inclusive.
[Name removed] was charming and a passionate advocate.
The tour revealed a very warm and welcoming staff and residents.
The facility itself could do with a bit more renovation and upgrades.
This fact has me putting Above&Beyond in teh Pass column.

my wife is comfortable

My wife is very content here in the memory care, the staff is very attentive and they always keep me updated when I come to visit her. I feel my wife is safe here and it is a very nice place. They have a nice dining area and she likes to visit with the other residents, they do keep her busy as best they can in the memory unit too.

Cleanliness Could Use Some Improvement

We were not impressed with my tour of this community. From what I saw the community was not very clean. They could do a better job with the cleanliness around the facility. We felt this was more like a family ran business, and the staff wore many different hats. Everyone was friendly to my family, and I. This was not the right fit for my parents, and their needs.

Loving care and attention until Mom's final days

The staff was very caring and friendly to deal with. Our mom's health declined rapidly in recent months due to advancing dementia and other health related issues. It was recommended we place her under hospice care so she could stay in her "home" until she passed away. We did not want her to return to the hospital and rehab again, as in the past. Those difficult experiences made her more confused and declined further.
Mom got excellent and loving care by the Above and Beyond staff, along with the Ascend Hospice team. We were very pleased with the activities Mom got to take part in when she first moved in and was still able to enjoy. It did take her some time to adjust in the beginning, but we were grateful she moved in before she began to decline and needed 24/7 attention and care.

The staff is very knowledgeable and attentive. Mom likes being here. There is always something for her to do and we can check her out if we have a family event to attend.
I'd recommend this to facility to anyone needing a place for their mom or dad.

Slick Rick!

The community here is wonderful. However, the man that took us on the tour seemed to me like a slick car sales person. He answered all of my questions and was very nice, but the feeling I got was not one that I would leave my husband there.

Nice care for loved ones.

This was a larger community and I felt like my mom would of been better in a small community. The staff did answer all of our questions and were very helpful. the community is clean and has alot of great activities to help the residents stay active. I would recommend this for good care by just the tour that was enjoyable.

I would recommend Above and Beyond to anyone who needs care for their loved one, the staff is so caring, the facility is very clean, the food is wonderful, if you have a problem let them know and it will be addressed immediately. The staff gives all their love to everone.

Above and Beyond - What a Joke!

I would NOT recommend this facility to anyone concerned about their loved one. They fill this facility with dementia patients when none of the staff is qualified to care for them. I have witnessed residents wandering the parking lot, as well as residents who are undressed roaming the facility. None of the staff pays attention because the entire facility is understaffed. The culture here is to keep residents in their rooms all day except for meal times and some activities to help the little staff that they do have handle the workload. There is absolutely no follow-through when requests or directives are submitted concerning care, and there is no dietitian on staff. Do yourself and your loved one a favor and find a place that really will go above and beyond. This place is a joke.

My Tour Went Well

My tour of this facility went very well, I really liked it. It is a little expensive, but you get what you pay for. The staff was very lovely and kind. The location was going to be a problem for our family, it was a little to far from us. They did offer me a meal to try. Overall it was a pleasant tour.

Caring, responsive staff!

Our experience with Above and Beyond at MountainView has been a very good one! Any time I've had a problem or concern the staff have addressed it immediately (within 24 hours!), and the facility itself is clean, well kept, and organized. My loved one is doing very well here, and I'd recommend it highly!

Caring and Competant

My mom had a short stay here before passing .
This facility is very well run and staffed. Basima is a highly trained RN who understands the issues in the industry and runs a very tight ship. Michael the main administrator is great to work with and very responsive.
Rooms and overall facility are clean and nicely decorated, Staff is trained to keep individuals involved in many activities.
They made a very trying time much easier.
I would highly recommend.

good experience

Above and Beyond at MountainView has been a good experience. She saw a dentist in the facility and I thought that was unique. When she transitioned to this facility it was hard getting new doctors. This facility has helped with that. She has had some towels missing. I'm not sure what is happening with that and I am hoping it doesn't happen again. The staff would sometimes wake her up too early in the morning. I would like them to tailor more to her needs because she did not like that at all. She is comfortable there overall.

Mom LOVES it there

After having a bad experience at another care facility my family and I decide to move my mom who is a dementia patient. When meeting the staff at Above and Beyond my sisters and I were very impressed with the professionalism, the degree of care and compassion that Michael and Basima held for mom before she even became a resident. Once we moved mom to Above and Beyond we knew right away it was the best place for her. It is like she is at home with family all the time, The staff is warm and caring they keep a watchful eye on all of their residents. At the same time keeping them busy and active and helping them gain strength and some independence. The genuine warmth just pours out of the place along with the best smells of home cooked meals, Friday is home made pizza, and bedtime cookies and milk :-) After one day there mom turned to me and said "I am so happy here". Mom gets the best care I believe is possible and the rates are reasonable. Her accommodations are perfect for her small and intimate . There is always a staff member nearby to assist her with an arm to lean on or a hug for encouragement. I cannot say enough good things about them, I can now go home and not worry. I would recommend them for anyone who has a loved one that needs to be under constant care.....My Thanks goes out to all of them!

Good Family Busness

This is a family operation. They are not going to be dictated by far away corporations. When you discuss things with them , you will get a direct response. This is a good advantage.The management is hands on. So things get done and the staff is very responsive. I would recommend this place. My mom is in their memory care unit and is well taken care of.

The facility has some nice points, but the tour felt sleazy.

When I toured here, I was running a little late but they were very nice about it. I don't care for the neighborhood environment that the facility is in. There is a factory/office across the street with a parking lot full of vans/trucks. The facility itself is beautiful from the outside. The common area has a beautiful view of the courtyard. There are birds, bird feeders. fountains, ponds, places to sit in the shade and in the sun. It was a lovely setting. I was annoyed by the gentleman that interviewed me, wanting to know the other places I had toured, and calling my husband Dad. He never asked me a thing about what my loved one was like or his hobbies or anything, but kept trying to tell me how much they cared. It felt really sleazy, and like it was about the money. The activity room had a window and I peeked in but he never offered to go into the room. I asked if I could see a private room and a shared room, and he reluctantly showed them to me - "I guess I could show you a room if you really want to see one". He did not show me Memory Care rooms. They were assisted living rooms but he said they are exactly like the Memory Care rooms. I liked the fact that we could have a sleigh bed and matching side table and not a hospital bed, "anything you want to make it like home", and the views from the windows were beautiful, they were on the woods side of the building. I would have liked to have seen biographies outside the residents' rooms telling a little about them. So overall, it was not a good experience. The place has some lovely aspects - dining rooms are attractive and courtyard is nice, but I didn't get any feel for what the place was really all about. Perhaps a tour with a different person would have made a difference. I did run into a woman outside who mentioned that her loved one and four of his friends all lived here and were very happy.

They have a very good staff that is able to deal with difficult situations better than the pervious home that my mother lived in.

Review of Above and Beyond at MountainView Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Allentown, PA

Slightly more personal care than necessary at this point. Over the top for medical and personal care and security.

Started out pretty rocky, but things have really improved

We had a bit of rocky start here, but they've been very good about working with me to improve things for my loved one. I'd say when we first started I would have had to rate them 1/5, but after a lot of hard work we're up to about 4/5. It's an older building, but they try hard to keep everything looking clean and well kept.
Another thing I think is important to mention about them is that they don't kick their residents out when the money runs out, which is admirable.

very nice assisted living and more. ...

very nice assisted living and more. they have activities and the staff is very nice and the owners are great. my mother had alzheimers and staff is experienced in caring for people and was very kind i'm glad i found this place. the facility is very clean and the food was very good

Very accommodating, family run, home...

Very accommodating, family run, home like facility. Carrying, friendly, clean!

MY MOM HAS BEEN AT ABOVE AND BEYOND G...

MY MOM HAS BEEN AT ABOVE AND BEYOND GOING ON TWO MONTHS. IT TOOK HER AWHILE TO GET INTO THE ROUTINE, BUT WITH THE HELP OF ALL THE STAFF INCLUDING THE OWNERS SHE IS DOING WELL. THERE IS PLENTY FOR HER TO DO, WITH ALL THE ACTIVITIES. SHE LIKES THE FOOD AND SHE IS PICKY, THE PEOPLE WHO WORK THERE, DO EVERYTHING THEY CAN TO MAKE THEIR CLIENTS FEEL SAFE AND AND TRY TO HAVE A NICE TIME. HER ROOM IS VERY NICE,THEY CHECK ON HER IF SHE DOESN;T GO FOR MEALS. THEY ARE VERY CARING PEOPLE. I CAN'T SAY ENOUGH GOOD ABOUT THEM

Pleased with this facility, with a few issues

This facility is very nice, the building and grounds are attractive, the care provided is good, and their prices for a private room were affordable.
I feel like there is some room for improvement with the care, however. There have been times I have visited and while she had clothes on the staff had not bothered to put her underwear on. Also, the building itself can be a bit confusing to navigate.

Very pleased with this community

We've had a good experience so far, it's a nice clean place and the staff have been friendly and very accommodating. Mom is in the section that was recently remodeled and her room is beautiful. Like their name says they truly go above and beyond with the care!

Traditional Assisted Living

That was more of a building atmosphere than a home like atmosphere. It was a more traditional, bigger assisted living. They said there would be no adjustment in rate which was good. It was nice but now I'm realizing that she was considering my mom for the assisted living when really she would need the memory care. She didn't show us the memory care unit so I don't think it would have worked out anyway.

Staff was very personable. ...

Staff was very personable. Most of the facility was neat and clean. The are renovating areas which are showing signs of age. The new wing of the facility has an available large room which can facilitate 2 twin beds and maybe moms full size and dads twin. Can use their furniture or own. Kitchenettes and bathroom attached. Common rooms are found at end of each hallway. That was nice. If don't want to stay in room or go downstairs to large common room area. Courtyard available on lower level for sitting outside. Was well maintained. One of the owners, Basima is a RN, very nice and friendly and knows all of the guests. Next to Giant grocery store which is a short walk away. Near the South Mall, Allentown. Added bonus, close drive for me!

Liked it overall. Staff and owners we...

Liked it overall. Staff and owners were very nice; spoke with some residents. Not crazy about shower not being in room. Liked enclosed courtyard and resident pet greyhound.

My brother and I took a tour with dir...

My brother and I took a tour with director yesterday. This place has Wanderguard outside of a dementia unit. I submitted this selection to our attorney.

My brother and I took a tour with the...

My brother and I took a tour with the director yesterday. This place has Wanderguard outside of a dementia unit.

Looks older and rooms not very nice.

Looks older and rooms not very nice.

Nestled right in the heart of the Lehigh Valley, Sunrise at MountainView is like a comfortable country inn with a good dose of southern hospitality. From everything including our décor, delicious homemade dishes prepared just the way you like them and our cozy suites, Sunrise at MountainView feels just like home – without all the chores. We offer a variety of suites to suit your preferences and your price range, including accommodations for persons with dementia. Many of our residents enjoy relaxing in our enclosed courtyard, socializing over tea and homemade cookies or playing bingo in the evenings. In addition to your experience here at MountainView, you can visit our local community through our transportation services. Some residents visit their favorite hairdresser, peruse the local mall or dine in their favorite restaurant. Come find out why so many people call Sunrise at MountainView home.