Beautiful Community!

Aarondale is a beautiful community! From the moment you walk in, you are greeted by not only the staff, but the residents as well. Everyone is so friendly!

The meals that their Executive Chef and team prepare are delicious and presented well. There are also activities running all day, even in their memory care neighborhood.

Outstanding

They are heads above there competitors in care and quality of food.

Aarondale facility has the charm of a "georgia estate" which it was built to represent. Positive are: it has a stately atmosphere, a two floor open space locked down portion for wanderers/dementia/Alzheimer's patients, and reasonably base pricing that can escalate easily. I also appreciated the referrals offered by Ana.
Negative: please do not provide spiels that state you can handle "difficult" patients when the family is being overt about the situation then state you cannot take the person for the same qualities extolled by the family.

Erika Lovegreen

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you enjoyed the atmosphere of our building and will share your concerns with our leadership team. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you wish to discuss them further.

This was a lovely place, we were here...

This was a lovely place, we were here for 2 weeks but it didn't work out well for us. Of all of my looking, this was my second choice. My father was difficult and he didn't want to be in a palce that was lock down and my mother had advanced Alzheimer's so every night my mother would try to get out, my father was in a wheelchair and he wasn't strong enough to stop her. It was not a wise decision for Aarondale to say they would give it a try because I knew it wasn't going to work, so after 2 weeks they said they didn't have a slot for a husband and wife together for what they need. That being said, I think they were trying to the right thing and they were trying to bend over backwards and at that point I was desperate. My dad died a month later and that just shows how desperate we were to get them out of the house so even though I knew it wasn't going to work, at least I was getting them out of the house.

Aarondale (Virginia) Review

I found the staff ready to greet my sister when we arrived and they double checked all her paperwork to make sure that all of it was up-to-date in case of an emergency . Their "Welcome Routines" helped to put my sister at ease and make her feel art of the community.

very nice facility. mom might like i...

very nice facility. mom might like it here becuase it is smaller only 75 residents and family oriented.

Aarondale resembles an elegant Georgian estate surrounded by gardens and greenery. In reality, it is an innovative and modern retirement residence, truly state-of-the-art. Aarondale includes two levels of care: assisted living and memory impaired. Assisted living includes apartment living with help from our 24 hour nursing staff for daily tasks such as bathing, dressing, taking medications and other needs. The "Laurels" our memory impaired program, located in its own section of our building, is designed to care for seniors with conditions such as Alzheimers and other dementias. Aarondale residents live in their own apartment, yet they can also enjoy our many community areas that emphasize education and social activities. Although our residents are always ensured of their security, they are free to enjoy the outdoors on our large verandas, lovely gardens and spacious courtyards. Aarondale has discovered ways to make all of this affordable to seniors. Our residents simply pay a reasonable monthly rent and for the specific nursing services that is appropriate to their level of care. The monthly rent includes three meals per day, housekeeping, linen service, local phone service, basic cable and other amenities. Visitors are always welcome!