Sunrise of Fairfax - Fairfax, VA

Not worth the cost.

The living conditions are deplorable. Both my parents lived here momentarily, they did not last long. They provide subpar care and do not take concerns seriously.

Sunrise Senior Living

Good Afternoon - we’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents and staff. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

When I visited here, the staff was very professional and friendly, and I appreciated learning about the offerings at this community. I think my mom would like the visits from the students at the nearby school.

Great Respite care

My father was at Sunrise of Fairfax for a 10-day Respite care stay. It was a great experience for him and the staff took very good care of him.
Sunrise does not do respite care all the time but should they have an availability they would be a good place for your loved one.

Too Big and Not Close

The community was very nice looking and a big.The apartment did not have patio access and we needed that. I had a very good experience with the tour and the representative was nice. I did not pick them because it came down to location and they were not close enough for me.

Tour and attention

We toured this community. We liked the staff. We saw the cleanliness of the community. We did see a menu of the meals that are offered. The activities would have been helpful for here. We found that the community had a lot to offer for care and the value.

Pleasant Tour

This is a nice community, and my tour of it went very well. The community looked very nice, everything was very nice and well-kept. I only met a few of the staff, but the ones I did I meet were very kind and friendly. Everyone was very nice to my family and I. The experience went well.

Highly recommend, safe place.

Sunrise of Fairfax is very welcoming. During the snow storm, they went above and beyond to make sure the residents stayed safe. The staff are very friendly. My mom enjoys the food, some days are better than others. They do activities almost on the hour and she goes to the ones she wants to participate in. It's a very nice community. One thing is the cost, but my mom is happy there, well cared for and in a safe place and you can't put a price on that.

Review of Sunrise of Fairfax - Fairfax, VA

I like that this is more of a small place and it is on same property as a private school so there are lots of visits from children. Third floor is for independent living which makes it possible for residents to move to other floors if needed at later time.Staff seems very pleasant and friendly.

My mom has been here for a little over three months. The people are very attentive and friendly. We don't have any complaints. I'm so happy about placing her here

great place

Really love all the people who work here -- they are just wonderful and caring

We are extremely happy, we are so happy with Sunrise.

We are extremely happy, we are so happy with Sunrise. Everyone that has been here says it's such a nice place, and that everyone is so friendly. We really like the Sunrise program, and this location in particular. They have gotten her up and walking again too. They have programs with schools and summer camps so they have kids come in. The food is pretty good here to.

Great place for mom.

This place was great.

Nice place

My loved one was only here a short time, but overall I thought Sunrise of Fairfax did a good job. It was clean, the staff is friendly, and they do a good job looking after the residents.

My Dad has been there for over three years, and they have taken such good care of him from the beginning. The nurses and staff are caring, and stay in touch if there is a concern. It's a challenging population sometimes, and they do their best to remain cheerful and uplifting.

It felt cramped to me.

It felt cramped to me.

Friendly and homely environment

The only issue I have is the reiteration of telling me to persuade my parent to not think the place was a temporary living place. That if my parent tries to escape, she will have to go to a lock down facility which cost a lot more. I don't think that this should be told to me the first couple of months since it is common for elderlies to have a tough time adjusting to living in a new environment. Especially one with dementia.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your feedback. We would like to learn more about your concerns. Please email us at ( Information at Sunrise Senior Living dot com). –The Sunrise Team

Nice. Very much like the pl...

Nice. Very much like the place we just moved her from, multiple levels, elevator. I think she would get confused where her room is.

Didn't have the level of care/security we needed

We actually like this one very much, it's closest to our home but it did not have the wander guard we were looking for. It was a clean facility, it was a smaller facility but they also did not have a dementia unit.

Weakest option. Health care providers...

Weakest option. Health care providers are Sunrise certified NOT state certified. If it's "more stringent" why not also be state certified. Likely impact to medicare/caid support. A plus was that it has close ties to the neighborhood daycare/kindergarten. Inadequate emergency evac plan. Director was nice but had only been with Sunrise 5 months and could not answer all my questions. He followed up with answers in an e-mail, so that was good.