Sunrise Braddock Glen - Fairfax, VA

Friendly Staff!!

The staff at this community where very friendly to my loved one and I during our of the facility. They made sure to give us a detail look there property and provide us with lots of great information of everything they had to offer. The floor plan was open and had a wide hall way for all the residents. It was just not the right location in the end decision for my mother.

Really liked this place after visiting it. Be aware, however, that it is subsidized by the county & there are income limits and other requirements, though they probably won't be huge obstacles for many seniors. The residents have to be pretty ambulatory and they have to be continent or able to take care of their own incontinence needs. When I visited there was a 4 to 5 month wait time for getting in. One thing I liked about Braddock Glen was that everything is included in the price (light assistance, usually med management, 3 meals, etc.) You know what you're going to pay, unless your situation changes quite a bit. Also, the lunch I had was great and the residents seemed to be enjoying it too. The layout and look of the place were great with ample space & lots of nooks, crannies, benches, and outdoor areas. The caregivers served lunch and appeared to be familiar with the residents (and vice versa). They also appeared to be attentive and caring. The residents are quite active with no or little evidence of dementia. I was surprised at how many people had decorated their doors - looks very homey, creative and not institutional. The things that may not be ideal to some people are that the studios seem a little small compared to others I've seen, with the one bedrooms not much bigger (but priced accordingly). The activities are a little bit limited, and the menu choices and times for meals are a little limited, although there are always alternate food choices. Each studio or one bedroom has a microwave and fridge, so that provides another option if people don't want to eat in the dining room all the time. There isn't much within walking distance for independent folks unless you're willing to walk 8/10th of a mile, but if so, there are 2 shopping centers with just about anything you might need. The facility also provides a bus once a week to go to a grocery or other store like Target, Wal-mart, etc. Basically, this place seems like an excellent choice for people on a moderate to low income who are reasonably able to walk (rollators OK) and don't require lots of assistance. It's not ritzy, but it's definitely not depressing or spartan either. However, keep in mind that there's no memory care or higher level of care available, so if your situation changes drastically, you may need to move. (At least the one-time move-in fee isn't really high!)

Review of Sunrise Braddock Glen - Fairfax, VA

I really like this place. The layout is easy to navigate and all one level. Lovely courtyard in center for walking or sitting. Residents look nicely groomed. Staff seems friendly

Very nice place!

We're very pleased by how things have gone with Sunrise Braddock Glen so far, we have no complaints at all! The staff have all been very responsive and easy to deal with, and they are very attentive to the needs of the residents. It is a nice looking, clean, well run community.

Worth considering but could be better

It is terrific value for those who qualify. Staff is friendly, though some have not been fully respectful.

Design of the building could be a little better for seniors. For example, there could be buttons to automatically open doors to and from the courtyard, and there could have been places to park rollators, both outside the room and in the dining room. Some residents complain about the institutional quality of the food.

Review of Sunrise Braddock Glen Assisted Living in Fairfax, VA

Approx 6 month wait list for 1 bedroom. First place visited so don't have comparison yet, can update feedback after see a few other places. Does not provide transportation to/from doc appointments so ideally would want to be simultaneous with PACE program. Suitable for needs today but not sure longer term without a move. Location is perfect in relation to my house, hospital and dialysis centers. Giving 4 stars as want it to be the place but will need to look around for comparison and overcome future needs such as when over 2 ADLs. Will most likely have more specific questions for Patti once get into conversation with sister and parents.

Pleasant and helpful.

Very helpful and was able to provide choices for my father that were affordable. Contacted the places and set up tours.

This makes the process of finding care for elders easy. It hard to place your parent in an assisted care facility, but senior care understands and helps.

I have visited this facilit...

I have visited this facility, very nice

Wonderful personal care and attention

They're a 5 plus! Everyone is different, everyone is a different case, but the way they treated everything as a whole, with my brother and my sister, they worked with all of us and they gave a real nice personal touch with everything. Any personal issues or problems that arose they worked towards our common goal to fix it. We're very happy, the care is excellent. What I really appreciate is the attentiveness to each resident so somebody looks on my dad everyday and I love that. My dad has never felt alone, we feel confident that he's safe and I just can't say enough good things about this community, and it really is a community. That's how it feels at sunrise, it's very homey and not sterile. For the personal attention they have my dad, it felt like a new home, it wasn't institutional, it was a new chapter in his life instead of the end of it.

The facility was very clean and well ...

The facility was very clean and well decorated. The client was very happy with the tour.

Very nice facility. If assisted livi...

Very nice facility. If assisted living is necessary this would be the second choice.

Sunrise's assisted living options offer personalized assistance, supportive services and compassionate care in a professionally managed, carefully designed, community setting. It's the perfect alternative for seniors who can no longer live on their own at home, yet don't need 24-hour, complex medical supervision.

Our approach provides the ideal solution for seniors who need some help with daily activities, such as bathing, dressing and medication reminders. We focus on wellness and keeping residents as independent as possible by providing a tailored plan of assistance. Our residents enjoy beautifully appointed living spaces, delicious meals, engaging social activities, transportation, and personalized assistance and care. We also offer a choice of locations, under well-known names that include Sunrise Assisted Living, Brighton Gardens and others. It's the assistance seniors need with all of the independence they want.

Primary Services Three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices Snacks available throughout the day Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal Weekly personal laundry (except dry-cleaning) Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities and programs Scheduled group trips Resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse Trained staff available 24 hours a day.