Sunrise of Springfield - Springfield, VA

Affordable

Overall I like it. Assisted living is extremely expensive, and I couldn’t afford anything else. Having said that, my major complaint is that is a royal pain to talk to someone directly. If you want the nurse, or director, you always have to go through the front desk. Trying to find anyone email, is another problem., is super hard. Also, if you go before or after hrs, you wait forever before anyone comes to the door, even though there should be someone available to attend this. Would love if they had LPN instead of nurses assistants. My mother is not crazy about the food. It seems that’s a major complaint from the residents. Either tasteless or sometimes they can’t repeat, because there is no more.

We really liked Sunrise of Springfield. This was a 'last' minute scheduled tour and the place was clean with activities in motion at that time. The reminiscent floor was also clean, felt like home, and the residents were mostly busy. The rooms and layout were fine. Since Dad is high maintenance he needs the top tier of services. I am sure he would be well taken care of. We are now trying to figure out how we are going to pay the $8100/month fee. We will still need to wait before checking Dad in, but at least we have a place that we would feel comfortable for Dad to live. Thank you.

The staff were friendly and attentive to the residents. The facility had a warm welcoming atmosphere and is well maintained.

Small improvements

The care at this community could use some small improvements when it comes to responding. The community is clean and maintained. The everyday staff is not always available when needed. The menu is average. They have alot of nice activiites, but they seem to get canceled often.We would recommend that families take tour of the community before they make a decesion

I Picked the Closest Community to Me

The big thing for me was to have my sister close by for me to visit. The community is small and I like the way it is set up. She is doing well and still in the transition phase. They have cats, dogs, and birds but I don't see them much around the community. The staff are very nice.

A perfect fit!!

My loved one is doing beautifully, we are blown over because we never expected her to be this happy, she is thrilled. This community has been everything we were looking for, they offer high-quality care, they are a place we feel comfortable with, but also we like that the location is where we could stop by often. I think this particular community is very active and engage with the residents, they always know us when we stop by.

A good tour

This was a nice clean community when I visited. The director that took me on my tour was nice and knowledgable. This community does offer a lot of activities. We decided not to move my loved ones to this state.

Great care!

My mother was only here for a couple of weeks, but during those 2 weeks, she received great care. The place was clean and well maintained. The staff was all very friendly and helpful. Overall it was a good place while she was there, the only thing was she didn't eat much, I'm not sure if it had to do with the food.

My Experience

During the month he was there the people were kind and I would recommend them. Like most places they are understaffed. The day my dad died I received to calls with voicemail to my cell phone. I had my home phone listed on the emergency contact list and it was not called that day. I wish they had looked at the sheet correctly or attempted a point of contact so I could have been there with my dad. I was a little upset that they got it wrong.
There was one woman who often bathed him and he told me she was always exceptionally gentle. After he passed the staff were all very kind, helpful and supportive. At first they were not providing the care that was contracted. After speaking with them about what is contracted they started doing what we agreed to. I say that you must be involved with your loved one in their community.

wonderful

I honestly cannot imagine the way that these people sacrifice their life for their patients! I cannot believe how wonderful they treat every single one of them. My mother has dementia and she is very well cared for at Sunrise of Springfield. The people there are simply wonderful and they really go out of their way.

Sunrise needs to improve.

I am no satisfied with the services provided. It seems there is a lack of coordination among the employees and the different areas. Mom's room was not clean when we arrived the first day, all room was on disarray. When mom went to emergency the information provided by Sunrise was wrong. Patient was left at the hospital without a follow up.
We are supposed to receive a reimbursement from Sunrise which I have not received yet. However I received a bill of $14,120 after mom left. She was there two weeks and all expenses were paid beforehand. When I called to find out about this bill, the person said "disregard the bill", not a word like "sorry" "we did a mistake" nothing. Overall not a good experience. I do not recommend it.

Need an information session

It's only been about a month and a half. The people are very friendly. I would like to see more organization. I don't know how they run things. An information session would be good. I still don't know how some things are fun. There was a confusion in filling out a "when i'm away form" for when i was going out of town because I had no idea that I needed to fill one out. No one told me.

Extremely pleased

I think the Sunrise of Springfield is a nice place. They have a very caring staff. They really seem to care about the individual residents. They take time out to give the residents their individual plans. I am extremely pleased with this facility. It has been a good and positive experience here. My father lives here. He is very comfortable and satisfied here.

A most compassionate community

I'm sorry to say that my father has just passed away. Dad lived at Sunrise of Springfield for six weeks, prior to his passing. Everyone there, from top management to caregivers, and all in between, were top notch, well-trained, loving and were always willing to offer help in any way they could for my Dad. I can't say enough about how wonderful the staff was to me, either. Hannah, Shauna and Beverly were wonderful in their handling of everything. The community was clean and had many activities for those interested. I would recommend Sunrise of Springfield to anyone who wants to be sure their loved ones are well taken care of. I am very grateful to have found Sunrise of Springfield.

They are doing pretty well so far.

They are doing pretty well so far. It's very clean, and the staff is really friendly. They do have a lot of things going on during the day. The food is really good. We love the fact that it's small so they can get a lot of personal attention, and they seem to have a good amount of staff. We like the location, and we liked a lot of things. I liked what the staff had to say about trying to keep them active, and seemed like a good safe environment, they tend to know if she has been in her room all day, and come and get her for dinner if she doesn't show up. They work really hard to maintain the residents dignity.

Nice, open, sunny, friendly...

Nice, open, sunny, friendly, clean, close to my home, close to shopping, close to baseball fields/soccer fields, nice outdoors -with walking path, nice porch with rocking chairs,place to garden, place to grill/cookout.

Loved this one. It was a l...

Loved this one. It was a little more money that she could afford but I will recommend this one to others. Just a beautiful place and so close to I-95 exit to Springfield. This was our choice #2.

We were not impressed

We had our loved one here temporarily while one of our family members was recovering from surgery. It was a nice enough looking place, it was cleaned and had well looked after grounds. However, the lack of employee presence and supervision is what really struck me here. The dementia and memory care patients were on a secure floor, but they were allowed to wander freely on that floor. When I was visiting my mother other male and female residents would just wander in and out of her room. When we were moving her out at the end of her stay we found some of her clothes were missing and other peoples clothes were in her drawers. It all left a bad taste in my mouth, and we would not have been comfortable with Mom being here on a long term basis.

Sunrise Springfield

Clean, friendly and helpful. They planned the level of care for my mom to include showers and cleaning. Very helpful and informative as it answered many questions going in. Quality of food offerings for lunch and dinner could improve

Nice place. Met with director. Loca...

Nice place. Met with director. Location not the best--next to springfield mixing bowl.