Sunrise of Falls Church - Falls Church, VA

It Is Great

My friend is doing great at the Sunrise of Falls Church. I was told they are doing a great job.

Keep no valuables there.

The facility is kept clean and has many activities for the residents, however anything of value will get stolen by staff.
My Mother's 1 carat diamond engagement rind and her wedding band and other jewelry were stolen. The folded American Flag presented to her at my father's funeral was stolen as well.

Sunrise Senior Living

Activities Are Great Here

I feel this community is good, it is up kept and clean for the most part. I can only suggest more frequent mopping of the floors and to just check on it more. The food seems to be good for Dad, he has not yet to complain. The staff are great and I am grateful for Theodore, he is the activities manager, he is very, very good at what he provides and know what he is doing. I only had one issue but it was resolved in the most proper and effective manner. The staff are more cautious to not make that same mistake and I would recommend this community.

Initial experience.

Our initial experience has been positive. Staff have tried very hard to make my mother in law feel welcome and to establish a schedule that works for her. They have also worked hard to make sure she participates in activities.

Very Caring

I think the people there at Sunrise are very caring. They have made it a point to help my loved one adjust to the place and they are unfailingly friendly and positive and I have liked the experience very much.

Relatively small, kind of dark and the feeling it could use some freshning up. Rooms we were shown were fine size-wise but also looked a little dated, hallways were a little stale too. Kitchen was well stocked and clean, as was the dining room.

Nice place, but very expensive

Our experience with Sunrise of Falls Chruch was only a brief one, but overall it was a very positive experience. They did a great job looking after our loved one. The staff were friendly and professional, and the facility was well maintained and clean. The care they provide here is expensive, but high quality, and I would recommend them to others families looking into care in the area.

Well managed, and caring staff

We've had a good experience here so far. Sunrise is well run, well managed, and the staff are caring and professional. They do a great job of providing the sort of care and environment we were looking for, and they have alleviated our concerns about our loved one.

Some Sunrise's are good and some are ...

Some Sunrise's are good and some are bad, I think the one in Arlington is better. He had just come from the hospital to there, his daughter's weren't going to let him back to his apartment but they order too much pills and he never took it, it was a big issue. The care at night was not too good, the rehab wasn't too good, I didn't like that but it was only temporary.

They do what they can, but better for more active seniors

It is a much more expensive place to be, it's a good place if you have your marbles together and you want to spend time socializing and interacting with other people but she got to the point where they were just feeding her and cleaning her up and she jsut sat there and it didn't seem to me to be a good use of the family finances.
Some things happened there and it's a very difficult thing to care for a lot of people that are so disabled but she ended up with a couple of fractures, she broke her hip by rolling out of bed and there was some discussion about getting a matress on the floor and she also had fractured her fibia and by the time we had found out it looked like it had been fractured for a few weeks. At that point she had one word answers and it was typically yes, so it's a difficult thing, she was in a wheelchair and her foot was dragging so it may have gotten twisted in that. I wouldn't want to do their job because I would probably do the same thing if I had to do that all day, who knows. It's a difficult thing all around and the Alzheimer's floor where she was on is just so terrible, they do what they can with lots of chemicals, they've got rugs and I don't see anything dirty but the smell was just overwhelming.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your feedback Ron. We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents and would like to learn more about your loved one's experience in our community. Please contact us at [removed]. –The Sunrise Team

HORRIBLE!

My loved one lived here for 2 long and frustrating years. His care was often non-existent, his food was barely edible, and he was not medicated correctly. The family worked very hard to encourage the staff to perform what was promised and even spent long hours at the facility, trying to help the staff, and safeguarding our loved one. It all proved a hopeless struggle. The care, food, conditions and safeguards got worse by the week until we had no option but to find another facility.
This Sunrise is not just substandard. It is in egregious violation of even the basic health codes. It is a fire-trap. Be very clear on this...they will lie in everyway they can to enlist your business. DO NOT TRUST THE PEOPLE AT SUNRISE! This facility should be condemned!

Too far.

Too far.

Nice size, capacity of only 65 reside...

Nice size, capacity of only 65 residents. Staff we met were nice. Mom knows 1 person whe is here, but not very alert cognitively. Difficult to figure rates as they list them daily rather than monthly. Offer a one month trial, but would be in studio apt. Cable not included in rate, but telephone is. Telephone is used for emergency asst. request; if a resident needs asst. they take their phone off the hook and help will come.

great locstion/facility. Well maintai...

great locstion/facility. Well maintained, clean, fresh.

It's on a very busy street and I beli...

It's on a very busy street and I believe it is for assisted living and not independent living.

Located just minutes from historic downtown Falls Church and only a few miles from the national capital, our setting is convenient for families living throughout Fairfax and Arlington counties and beyond. Sunrise of Falls Church is nestled in the heart of the scenic City of Falls Church, just a few blocks north of the old State Theater. Our community overlooks a beautiful tree-covered city park where residents can enjoy a nature walk or relax on the back patio and watch children play. Churches of many denominations are within walking distance of our community, as well as restaurants, shops and parks. Our elegant dining room has wall-to-wall, ceiling-to-floor French windows that face the picturesque park and let the sunshine in. We pride ourselves on working closely with local organizations in order to provide multi-cultural, intergenerational activities and events for our residents to enjoy local entertainers, historic excursions, afternoon teas and many other activities.