We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Nurses on Staff
- Podiatrist Available
- Physical Therapy Available
- Occupational Therapy Available
- Speech Therapy Available
- Complimentary Transportation
- Activities Offsite
- Outdoor Common Areas
- Beauty & Barber Services
- Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Hospice Available
- Respite Available
- Resident Parking Available
- Male Residents Accepted
- Female Residents Only
- Doctor on Call
- Nurse on Call
- Dentist Available
About 3801 Grand Retirement Campus - Des Moines, IA
Our Assisted Living facility at 3801 Grand features 60 private apartments. We offer all-inclusive service, allowing residents to continue their daily routine, while receiving additional care from our 24-hour staff. Medication management and personal care are included in the monthly rent. There is no extra charge as a resident’s needs change… providing piece of mind for the resident and their family.
Our Independent Living community at Grand Suites features 34 luxurious one or two bedroom apartment suites with one or two bathrooms. Grand Suites apartments are equipped with an emergency call button, and each resident receives ten days per year of complimentary short-term respite care at 3801 Grand. If they later need full-time assisted living, Grand Suites residents have priority access to 3801 Grand.
Both 3801 Grand and Grand Suites also include a wide range of amenities in the monthly rent. Housekeeping, unlimited scheduled transportation, meals, activities, and paid utilities (except phone) are just some luxuries included to make your life easier. We offer underground parking; an on-site beauty shop; and a massage therapist, podiatrist, and audiologist visit every month (additional charge). Best of all, there is no buy-in or endowment!
Des Moines, Iowa, a city built on and thriving under the insurance business, is now a bustling, cosmopolitan metropolis. With hot dry summers and brisk, snowy winters, Des Moines's dynamic climate offers a unique perspective on the robustness of the Midwest. It also helps to launch the U.S. Presidential election every four years with its famous caucuses.
- Walkability score: based on Walk Score, Des Moines' walkability score is 45 out of 100.
- Average age in the zip: 39.6
- number of senior housing facilities in the zip: three
- Average weather info: summers and winters often present extreme weather conditions and temperatures (reaching near 100 F in the summer and near 0 F in the winter), but fall presents an idyllic, temperate climate and fall foliage.
- Veteran's facilities in the area: one.
Des Moines has a variety of transportation options, including many routes along the DART bus line, multiple taxi companies and both Uber and Lyft operating in the city.
- Buses: Des Moines operates the DART bus system in the city. Route 60 is easily accessible in this zip code. Half-fare, lifetime Senior Passes are available with ID.
- Trains: Des Moines does not offer an underground, and no train station is available in this zip code.
- Taxis: several cab companies operate in the Des Moines area, including United Cab LTD, Yellow Cab, and Cab Trans.
- Ride shares: Des Moines supports both Uber and Lyft ridesharing, both of which can be accessed by downloading the mobile phone application.
- Hospitals in the area: the closest hospital to this zip code is Mercy Franklin. Other nearby hopsitals include Iowa Lutheran Hospital and Broadlawns Medical Center.
- Crime rate in the zip: Des Moines has a relatively high felony crime rate, but localized to certain districts, excluding this zip code.
Sports and Leisure
Des Moines has several nearby recreational and sporting complexes, many of which have special discounts, offers, and passes for senior citizens.
- Golf courses near by: there are two major golf courses nearby: Waveland Golf Course and The Wakonda Club, both of which offer senior discounts.
- Tennis courts/clubs near by: The Wakonda Club also has tennis courts, and a pro shop where seniors can take lessons.
- Gyms near by - senior friendly (aerobics):Mercy Wellness Center offers a wide variety of exercise programs that are senior-friendly, including SilverSneakers Classic and SilverSneakers Chair Yoga.
Shopping and Entertainment
Both traditional as well as more contemporary forms of shopping and entertainment are available in this area of Des Moines. Whether one seeks organic, all-natural food products or cheaper options, museums or movies, there are options for all.
- Clothes Shopping nearby: There are several major shopping outlets near this zip code, including Uptown Center, Shops at Roosevelt (both of which are easily accessible by walking from this address), and 22nd Street Plaza Shopping Center.
- Grocery stores: The most nearby grocery stores to this zip code are Price Chopper and Gateway Market, which offers more upscale, expensive, and organic products as compared to Price Chopper's more affordable, commercial grocery products.
- Other restaurants: This zip code boasts a number of Mexican restaurants, delis, and more classic American fare restaurants. Options include Firehouse Subs, Jimmy John's, and El Patio Mexican Restaurant.
- Movie theaters: The Varsity Theatre, a vintage theatre open since 1938, shows mainly independent films. However, a local AMC multiplex, only a short ride northwest, also houses new release films.
- Libraries: The closest library to this zip code is the Central Library, located at 1000 Grand Street, within walking distance of this community.
- Senior friendly salons (men and women): Dorian's Salon on Ingersoll Avenue provides senior rates for cuts and dyes.
- Attractions: Both the Des Moines Art Center and the Salisbury House are easily accessible. Admission to the Des Moines Art Center is free, and senior rates for tours of the Salisbury House are available.
All faiths will find accessible venues for worship in this area, particularly those of the Christian faith.
- Religious facilities nearby: There are Catholic, Presbyterian, Episcopal and Lutheran churches along Grand Avenue in Des Moines, including St. Augustin's Catholic Church. Temple B'nai Jeshurun is also located on Grand Avenue. Several mosques are also scattered around the city limits and accessible by public or private transportation.