Woodlands Creek - Clive, IA

My husband and I love it here

My husband and I are here currently and everything’s going good. It’s everything that we thought it would be. The food is great, the people are friendly, they don’t bug you about stuff and it is independent living so you can do what you want but they’re there to help you if you need it. They know your name and the activities are great. You can get 3 meals a day if you want to but they usually serve large lunches. They have a points system and you get 310 points a month that have already been paid for and you use that for dining. They have a lot of variety and they give you so many choices every day. But if you don’t like what’s offered, you can always get something else. We’ve found that their choices are very good. The rooms and the facility are so bright and cheery, there are lots of windows, and we even have a full sized kitchen. The facility will take us out to the mall if we want to go, they’re taking everyone to see the Christmas lights after Thanksgiving, there are card games, bingo, a rec room and movies, an exercise room, there’s adult coloring, and you can sign up to volunteer (recently some elementary school kids came by and we all read to them). We visited a few times before moving in and it just felt like home and we didn’t think we needed to look anymore. I would recommend it here.

Care and comfort

This is a great community for excellent care. The community is always clean and maintained. I like knowing that he does enjoy the menu of healthy meals that are provided. They have a lot of good activities that are available for him to participate. We would recommend the care and value of this community for other families.

Our tour

This looked like a nice community when we visited. The people we met were nice and helpful. We did not like that the assisted living was in a separate building. There would have been to much walking for us.

A tour

We liked this community when we visited. The people we met were friendly and knowledgeable. They seemed to offer a lot of nice amenities and they allow pets. This community did not offer the type of skilled nursing care my love done needed.

Needed closer to Home

It was a nice tour at Woodlands Creek. It is a large and beautiful community. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. The inside was very clean and they offered activities for the residents. It seemed like some of the rooms looked a little run down and needed to be updated. We ended up choosing a different community because of the close location to our home.

Tour for care

We toured this community for care. We did not feel that they were not trying to give us the information that we were wanting. We wanted to find a community with a home feeling. We did not get to see a menu and we did get the information on the activities that would have been available for her to stay active. We would recommend that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

My mom's great care.

This is a good community. We really like the staff is so helpful and friendly and they always take care of things that need to be done. The staff does everything to make sure. The menu is really good and the meals are healthy. The activities are a little limited for now. They will be taking trips away from the community in time. The dining area is wonderful. We recommend this community and they do have a month to month lease which is very helpful. We would recommend this great community for the care of a loved one.

I am comfortable!

I am doing very well since my move to woodlands Creek. I just came back from a resident council meeting and following that, we are going to go see a singer that comes in every month. We have a lot of activities at all times, they keep us very busy around here. It has been a really good experience so far.

Friendly staff

This was a community we looked at when looking for my mother-in-law's new home. It was a good tour, the staff was friendly.I would recommend them.

My Thought Of The Tour

The person conducting our tour seemed to be [Removed]. I got the feeling the residents and staff were stressed and not happy. The community was very clean and well decorated. This community was just a little more expensive for the same amenities we are getting at the community we chose.

A Lovely Community to Tour

I liked them and it would have been a choice. I got a good vibe from the staff there. They had things going on for the residents. They were very, very nice. I didn't like the stairs by the second floor but it was a lovely place. I waited a little bit and the person who gave the tour was knowledgeable and very nice through out the tour.

Overall great tour!!

I thought that the staff that gave my loved one and I a tour of there community was very friendly. They had lots of great information and made us feel very welcomed in there establishment. The building was nicely maintained and offered lots of great amenities. I have no complaints it just was not the right fit for my mom and dad.

Great Holiday parties!!

My mother has really gotten involved in the many activities and events they offer at this community. They have great holiday parties and allow the residents to volunteer around the facility if they please to stay active. Her favorite thing to do right now is the bean bag baseball and help take care of the plants around the entire building. They offer a great breakfast in the morning and always have a hot delicious meal prepared for dinner. I am concerned that maintenance has not fixed her dishwasher or her oven since she has made the complaints.

Keep Smiling!

The staff is outstanding here. They really treat you like you are family. Even when me and my loved one toured the community before moving in all the residents were smiling. That says a lot to me and my loved one. I feel that shows that they are doing there job and doing it well. They are affordable as well.

No underground!

The staff was very delightful and nice and answered all of my questions. The dining area from what I saw was big and nice. The staff was really good about assisting the residents. It looked like they offer a good amount of activities. The only thing that made me not go here was that you would have to walk underground. That can be hard when your loved one is in a wheelchair.

We have been here 6 weeks and we Love it here!

Woodlands is excellent!

Excellent facility with superior staff at Woodlands.

On the other hand, we were very dissatisfied with APFM services and would not recommend their services.

Place you only dream about!

The staff that offered the tour of Woodlands Creek were extremely friendly. They bend over backwards to be accommodating. The community is very beautiful and nicely kept. The community offers a number of activities for the residents to enjoy. This community was on the higher range for pricing.

Very nice & pretty. A little more expensive. Bigger apts & very nice. Repainted and carpet each resident. Great guide, spent an hour with me. 1 meal a day & continental breakfast but full kitchens. Meals looked good but didn't try. Cost for transport to Dr. other transport included. Buy in and cleaning fee when you leave, both pricey. People looked happy and staff friendly.

Kevin does a phenomenal job!

In the process of moving my Aunt and Uncle into assisted living my Uncle passed away. It's been difficult but the staff has tried their best to make this a smooth and easy transition. They are very attentive to her needs and Kevin (head of nursing) is just amazing! Initially we were under the impression that they had a 1 bedroom available but when touring learned that wasn't the case. They ended up with a 2 bedroom for the price of a 1 bedroom which was an added bonus! I would absolutely recommend!

I've been very impressed from what I've seen.

I've been very impressed from what I've seen. She seems very happy, and the staff is very attentive. She is getting the therapy and they help her around. She likes the food pretty well, we ate there once, and it was good. We liked that it was smaller and more personable.

Beautiful facility

The staff is great. This is a beautiful facility. It is has lots of light and it is a calming serene atmosphere. They keep the residents very active and engaged. Great place.

The thing I noticed most about this community was the rooms with floor to ceiling windows. Some had decks. Lots of light. The staff member who gave me a tour seemed very eager to point out all the positives to me based on some of my comments. I was invited back for lunch which I shall take advantage of the invitation. one negative . it is located some distance from the family I have in the Des Moines area

very nice place

My parents are only staying there temporarily, but for the time that they are spending there everything has gone very well. They may need to move to a different place at some point to get special one on one care, but for the time being Woodlands Creek has been great for them.

It is a very nice place, the rooms are clean, the layout is nice, the staff is great, etc.

Silver Crest Memory Care section.

I didn't care for the guy in charge at all. When they interviewed my loved one he had her in tears. They didn't return my phone calls, and when we did come in he had us filling out papers. and we weren't ready for that. The memory care wasn't where the beautiful assisted living is, it was across the street and up a flight of stairs behind a locked door. The dining room was just a little kitchen, and the room was fairly nice, but I didn't like the concept.

The staff was not horrible, but they were not quite friendly.

We liked the feel of the community, but the main reason why we did not choose this was because of how far it was from us. The location was just not in the right spot. They do not have nursing home included and it was very pricey. The staff was not horrible, but they were not quite friendly.

Best of all worlds

My Mom did not take well to the idea of going to a "retirement home". She loves it. She is focussed, happy, organized and vital. One very happy son and extended family. One of our better decisions in life!!

I highly recommend them.

This is a great community. We were only there one day and my loved one had a sudden stroke and passed away. They were fantastic, and they gave us back every cent, due to the circumstances. The whole week after that happened they were great! I highly recommend them.

The staff is wonderful!

On the friendliness of the staff, I’d give that a 6 if I could. That was the best.

They kept my mom very activity. The staff is wonderful! My first impression was right and they never let me down! They were very caring.

The food was very good. They have a courtyard. My mom’s apt looked right over it.

We toured the assisted livi...

We toured the assisted living community and found it highly unsatisfactory. The facility had an unpleasant odor of urine throughout. The staff members appeared to be on break time before their work was finished. (I.e. Floors in dining room not cleaned, tables not wiped down, carpet not vacuumed. The tour guide was friendly but unable to answer staff to resident ratio questions. The rooms were also all studios which was not an option. There also seemed to be more interest in upkeep of the independent community than the assisted. The carpet was buckling in several areas which would be serious tripping hazards. The decor was nice but looked like it had not been updated since 1990s.

Nice community, and good communication

Overall this is a very nice community. I really appreciate how good they are at staying in touch with families and keeping them informed of any problems or changes that might arise. The facility itself is always very clean and well kept, and the staff are all very friendly! They've got plenty for the residents to do, and everyone seems happy and entertained.

No Wellness Center

That was probably our second choice but they didn't have a wellness center with a workout room and pool. They were friendly and everything but I just didn't like the way it was set up.

Nice people

From my standpoint, I'm the most distant as far as living far from my mother. It's a nice facility, it's very clean and well kept and relatively new so its a nice palce compared to the apartment she was in before. Other than the meals she's getting nothing specificly care, but she says the on staff nurse has been very helpful with little things that have come up. She's helped her get a walker and things like that so she's been very helpful. It seems very safe and secure and just a good place. There are a lot of friendly people there and shes meeting a lot of new people. I think she's played some cards and they've had a little function for the ladies there, she's quiet by nature but by the same token she's being encouraged to participate and is meeting ncie people.

Good Community

It is a very nice community on the inside. They offer a lot of activities but they did not have as many options as another community we were looking at. Overall it was a very nice community that we were considering but ended up choosing a different community.

Good people

My father in law has been a resident for about a year at this facility. The people are very good and caring. The food is terrific.. and the attitude is always positve. I pray I get a place like this to stay when it is my turn.

$2,055 a month for Independent Living...

$2,055 a month for Independent Living, step-up facility, includes 3 meals/day/month, washer/dryer in unit, has patios/balconies, very active community/approx. 5 different activities every day, housekeeping service, lodge feel, concierge services, salon, massage therapist, happy hour every day.

care giver to person ratio was better.

care giver to person ratio was better.

Absolutlely the best fit for her. I a...

Absolutlely the best fit for her. I am very impressed with the facility, education level of the staff and their assessment done Saturday AM was very professional and very hands on.

Very nice. Dad especially liked the P...

Very nice. Dad especially liked the Pool.

She was Ok with this place

She was Ok with this place

Beautiful and definitely worth gettin...

Beautiful and definitely worth getting more information about

we still keep this as an option if we...

we still keep this as an option if we get our house on the market

very nice, but for a similar rate I f...

very nice, but for a similar rate I felt Walnut Ridge offered more

really like

really like

Like the others, very nice place but ...

Like the others, very nice place but too large for us. People were kind and helpful.

Toured with my parents and had dinner...

Toured with my parents and had dinner there.

Very nice.

Very nice.

At Woodlands Creek Active Retirement Community, we offer 3 different levels of care to meet our residents wants and needs ranging from independent living to memory care.

Independent Living

Woodlands Creek Independent Living opened in 2005 and expanded in 2008. Our independent living setting provides an elegant atmosphere for retirees who wish to maintain an exciting, independent lifestye without the concerns of housekeeping, home maintenance and security issues. Apartments include spacious rooms, large windows, and all appliances. Furnished with personal furniture and items from home, a resident's apartment at Woodlands Creek is truly home. Residents are offered the freedom of choice and individuality, yet also the security of knowing that additional services are available within the Woodlands Creek Community should a need arise.

Assisted Living

Silvercrest Assisted Living opened in 2003 and provides a gracious environment for residents who need some assistance with activities of daily living. Apartments range in size from 539 square feet to 1120 square feet, and include large private bathrooms and convenient kitchenette areas. Silvercrest Assisted Living is thoughtfully designed to provide comfort, high standard services and beautiful surroundings. Services and amenities are available to enhance day to day living, as well as provide the assistance necessary to make each resident feel comfortable and secure. Furnished with personal items from home, a resident’s apartment at Silvercrest truly does become their home.

Memory Care

Woodlands Creek Silver Lining Memory Care is a beautiful area within the community specifically designed for persons with dementia, Alzheimer's disease and other related memory impairments. The Silver Lining Memory Care Program offers all of the quality amenities and services of our assisted living, along with the additional comfort and assurance which comes with knowing your loved one is safe within a secured community.