The Village at Legacy Pointe - Waukee, IA

Independent apartments for active seniors age 55 and older. The Village is a well planned,total community concept designed around the needs and desires of our residents.

The Assisted living facility has a state of the art neighborhood, spacious dining room,24 hour emergency call system.skilled staff, safe living environment and a warm,home-like atmosphere.

The Nursing Facility is a fully licensed 48 bed medicare/medicaid certified facility with 8 dedicated medicaid semi-private rooms. All rooms are spacious and beautiful.

The Memory Care Unit will open soon, with apartments for 16-18 residents. This unit will be dedicated to those with dementia,and will be cared for by specially trained staff.

Was Not Close Enough

if we could have picked up this community and put it closer to us we would have gone with this community. We really were impressed with everything that the community offered. The community was very clean and well kept nice looking. The staff was very helpful and informative very professional. It was just the location that was out of our search criteria

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for your high marks and for visiting our community. Whatever your choice may be, please feel free to call any time if you have questions along the way. We are glad to help in any way we can. Sincerely, Amy Barth, Executive Director

Not bad

The community seems to be having trouble with their kitchen inventory. They seem to run out of certain foods. The food is good and the community is well taken care of. They do offer some daily activities. I would recommend this community.

Watermark Ambassador

I’m so glad you’re satisfied with the community, food and programming. I’ll share your feedback with our Dining Services Director right away and we’ll adjust our orders to be sure that favorite choices are always available. Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. Sincerely, Amy Barth, Executive Director

Things are going alright

My loved one has improved since moving into this community. The physical and occupational therapists have been great. The staff are friendly and encouraging. He seems to like the food and they do keep the community clean. I would recommend this community.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I will read your review to the team and acknowledge them for their dedication, expertise and caring ways. Please stay in close contact and let us know what we can do to ensure your loved one is thriving. Sincerely, Amy Barth, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Amy Barth.

Good Communications, Great Place!

My Dad actually went into skilled nursing care when he first arrived at The Village at Legacy Pointe, he has now upgraded to assisted living care. The staff, for the most part, is very friendly. We did have some issues when we first came here when my Dad was in the skilled nursing unit. It was due to how we wanted his dirty clothes to be stored when he had incontinent issues. The staff did listen to our concerns and resolved the issue in a manner that satisfied us. There are activities provided for the residents if they wish to participate. My Dad prefers to keep to himself, but we all try to get him involved in the things they offer at The Village. There is transportation provided for the more independent residents to go on shopping trips and other various activities outside of the community. The community itself is beautiful and well maintained. There are places to walk and enjoy the outdoors. My Dad likes the food, they provide well-balanced meals with plenty, of choices. What we love about The Village at Legacy Pointe is that it is less than a mile from my sister's home. l

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for sharing your experience with an online review. We value your opinion and we’re so glad you are satisfied and happy. Please stay in close contact and let us know what we can do to ensure your dad continues to thrive. Sincerely, Amy Barth, Executive Director

I had a good tour!

I liked The Village at Legacy Pointe when I toured. The man that took us around was very friendly and helpful. The place was very nice but they did not provide transportation, which was one of my biggest concerns.

Watermark Ambassador

Thanks for visiting! I’m glad you enjoyed your tour and I’d like to provide a little clarification. We do offer limited transportation including weekly trips to the store. We’re looking to add more options for transportation as well. Please feel free to call me any time to discuss the details and we hope to see you here again soon. Sincerely, Amy Barth, Executive Director

Nice Facility, Tour Went Well

This is a pretty nice community, and my tour of it was a good one. The community looked good, everything was clean, and well-kept. The staff was friendly, and kind. They were informative, and my questions were answered. It was a good experience overall.

Watermark Ambassador

Thanks for sharing your experience. We love what we do and it definitely shows. Please call or stop by any time if you have questions along the way and feel free to join us for an upcoming event, program, club or class for another little taste of how we thrive. Sincerely, Kristen Canham, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Kristen Canham.

Community for care

We toured this community for care. The community has a movie area for family and residents but is not in the same building as the memory loss unit. The meals are shipped into the community. We did not want him to have to share a room.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for your review; I’m glad to have the opportunity to clarify and apologize for any miscommunication. All our food is prepared in our own main kitchen by our skilled culinary team. This is where we prepare all our meals for all areas of care, not just memory care. We also have a full kitchen in our memory care neighborhood for a homey feel and preparation of special snacks and simple meals, but it is more for programming and connecting than for day-to-day meal service.

We are a popular choice and our private residences are sometimes full. We currently have one shared suite for memory care, which is designed for siblings or couples. Families who do not wish for their loved one to have a roommate can rent both sides of the suite at a reduced rate or they can move into the suite and be placed on the waiting list to move as soon as a private room opens up. The majority of times this is what the families choose to do. I would be happy to address any questions you may have. Please don’t hesitate to contact me at any time.

Sincerely, Amy Barth, Executive Director

In Laws Are Well at This Community

My in laws is doing well since their move to this community. We do feel they are safe, and in a good place. They have a nice staff at this facility. They have a good staff, they have been kind, and easy to work with. Everything is working out very well, and we are pleased with all they have done us. This is a community I would overall recommend, it is a nice place.

Everything is Going Well

Everything has worked out very well since our move to this community. My husband is being cared for very well. They have a very good staff, and they are taking very good care of him and his needs. I'am satisfied with all they have done for us. They have nice activities offered for the residents. It has been a good experience, and I would recommend this community.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for sharing your review and for your high marks. I’m so glad you are satisfied with the experience. Please stay in close contact and let us know what we can do to ensure your husband continues to thrive. Sincerely, Amy Barth, Executive Director

Wish I could find better

Patients in the skilled living are heavily sedated for the convenience of the staff. Some of the nurses aides are so unpleasant that I fear for my loved one's life.

Watermark Ambassador

I’m very sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with your experience and I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you in person to address your concerns. Please call me at [removed] to discuss. Thank you. Sincerely, Amy Barth, Executive Director

Great Place!

Things are going wonderfully since my mother made the move to the Village at Legacy Pointe. We are very happy with our choice. We have not encountered any problems so far.

Not For My Mom

When I had my tour it didn't feel right. I didn't like the set up, it was too large. I couldn't see my mother getting around there easily, she is mobile. It had more than one level and the area where they ate I didn't like. I had to wait awhile for the gal to show me around. I observed the workers and didn't see a good friendly atmosphere. If the staff spoke with a friendly tone or greet me it would have been better, they just didn't seem to care about their job.

Watermark Ambassador

I’m sorry your experience wasn’t a positive one. We typically receive high marks for courtesy and friendliness and pride ourselves on a welcoming atmosphere. I will use your review as a coaching opportunity for our entire team. If you would like to discuss your visit in further detail, I am always open to feedback and I thank you for sharing your review. Sincerely, Amy Barth, Executive Director

No complaints !!

I have no complaints of the tour I took of this community. The staff where very welcoming and gave my parents and I detailed tour of there facility as well as answering any questions we had for them. They where on time for our visit and had lots of information ready for us to view. Overall this is a great place just was not the right fit for my mom and dad.

They charge you an abundance amount for every little thing

I had toured this community for my mother and was a little disappointed on how much they charge for any additional help she would need. They wanted to charge me over a thousand dollars for them to help my mother get out of her chair and into her electric chair throughout the day. I was also not very pleased with the evaluation they took of her, they said she was in way worse condition then she actually was and needed more care then what she needed.

Watermark Ambassador

I’m sorry you were disappointed with the outcome of the assessment. If you’d like to call me at [removed] I’d be happy to speak with you personally and discuss your Mom and the support she may need. Thank you for visiting. Sincerely, Amy Barth, Executive Director. Posted on behalf of Amy Barth.

Good Caring Community

My mother is doing very well since her move to this community. It is a very nice place, and I am pleased with all they have done for us. She is being provided with good care. They have a very good staff, I know she is in good hands. Everyone has been very helpful and attentive. My SLA [Removed] from a place for mom was great. She gave a good list of referrals, and I was pleased with all the help she provided us with.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. It is our pleasure and honor to ensure she’s thriving.
Sincerely, Amy Barth, Executive Director.

As good as it gets !!

The staff at this community are all so helpful and patient with my mother. They have made many adjustments to make sure her needs are met since she recently broke both of her hips. The most important thing is she always feels that she can trust the staff and that she is in a safe place.

Let's take a walk!

I got to take a tour of the place and the community looks really nice. It is kept clean. The only thing that didn't work for me and my loved one was that they do not offer a ground level walk out. That does not work because me and my loved one needs that. They also have good prices. I would recommend this place to others.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you very much for your review. I’m so glad that you found the community and our rates to your liking. We do not have residences with exits directly to the outside, but our community is absolutely 100% wheelchair accessible. Please call me if you have any questions I would love to meet you for a follow-up visit. Sincerely, Amy Barth, Executive Director

I'm in love!

We love it here. I can not think of another place that me and my loved one would want to go. They offer a good area for my loved one to get around in the wheelchair. The community also offers great food. The activities are nice and they always offer them to me and my loved one. I would recommend them to my family.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. We are honored to provide an engaged, supported lifestyle with great food and fun programs so all our residents thrive. I’m so glad that you are both happy. Please keep us informed of anything we can do to make life great. Sincerely, Amy Barth, Executive Director

Nice place !

I really did not have much time there at the community. However, when I was there the community was clean and the staff was friendly. My loved one has no complaints.

I showed up at the appointed hour to find out no one knew I was coming. Another staff member did give me a tour.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for visiting our community for a tour. I spoke with Ward Phillips who provided your tour. Ward explained that the representative from A Place for Mom (who scheduled your meeting with Ward) is also named Amy, so it was an easy mixup. I trust you had a good tour with Ward and when you’d like to take another look I’d be happy to meet with you. I always enjoy addressing questions and chatting about life at Legacy Pointe. Sincerely, Amy Barth, Executive Director

Very impressed!

The staff that offered the tour of The Village at Legacy Pointe were very friendly. I was very impressed with the community and the courteous staff. The community is kept nicely cleaned throughout. This community offers a number of activities and amenities. The Village was second on our list!

Watermark Ambassador

I’m so glad to hear you found our community to be friendly, clean and welcoming, with plenty of programs and amenities. Thank you for visiting and of course if there’s anything I can do to move our community from number two up to number one on your list, don’t hesitate to contact me! J Sincerely, Amy Barth, Executive Director

Absolutely Recommend This Community

This is an excellent community and they are caring for my father in law very well. He is reeving superior care and we are extremely satisfied. Everything about this community is amazing. The staff has really gone and above. The food is delicious, he really enjoys the meals. It has really been an outstanding experience. I would absolutely recommend this community.

Going well. . .getting settled in

Everything is going well. She is getting settled in and she is figuring out where everything is. Little by little she is becoming more social with the other residents and slowly getting involved in activities. She is not really impressed with the food. It is a little too institutionalized for her, but she does like the people that she eats with. She's getting there.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. The Village at Legacy Point is known for a congenial, welcoming environment and I’m so glad she is settling in and feeling right at home. I would appreciate it if you could stop by the office or give me a call any time at your convenience to discuss what we might add to the menu to make it more to her liking. We’re committed to 100% satisfaction with every meal so please do let me know. Thank you again. Sincerely, Tammy Olson, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Tammy Olson

not getting a lot of updates from the staff

I am not getting a lot of updates from the staff at The Village at Legacy Pointe. I really have to seek them out for that information. The property itself is beautiful. They do physical therapy twice a week so no complaints there. I would like see mom get outside a little more as she has been prone to depression. The staff really relate with mom well and help assure me that everything is normal with her dementia. Overall I am very pleased with everything here.

The staff mmember who showed me arund seemed disinterested in what I thought. Thee apt he showed me had a very dirty carpet. Didn't give me a good first impression. Because of the nonwelcome I received I have marked this off my list.

A safe place for mom

The staff at Legacy Pointe, Waukee is outstandingly understanding, helpful and friendly. That is the biggest plus. The place is very clean and has a nice atmosphere.
The food is institutional for assisted-living. Some of the residents have difficulty eating some of the selections because they can't cut their meat or due to shaky hands, are unable to handle small, lightweight containers jello or fruits are put into.
They offer computer classes, but when we went down to check it out, the place to meet was dark and nobody was around.
Overall, because of the variety of personalities the staff must try to accomodate, they do a pretty good job.

I was impressed with how genuine they were.

I was impressed with how genuine they were. You could tell that they were genuine because of the way the residents would respond to the staff, just gleeful. Ward was fantastic and you can tell he really cares about the residents.

A high recommendation for the Legacy

Both of my parents are at the Legacy. Dad was in skilled nursing for 6 months and has now been living in assisted for over 2 years now. My Mother has been in memory care also for 2 years. I have seen staff change numerous times, which is my only negative. All staff have been wonderful, informative and on top of my parents health issues. It is a beautiful facility, great food and very clean. Also in the 2 year time span, many more activities have been added. Most important, is when there has been issues with either of my parents, I have always received a call right away. The Legacy is a wonderful place and I recommend it highly.

My mom and I were appalled ...

My mom and I were appalled about this place. We haven't decided yet;where my mom wants to go. Legacy is a big place and alot of activities. The apartment was beautiful too. I give Legacy a 10.

Perfect Fit

Despite the distraction of remodeling construction, our first impression of Legacy Pointe was very positive. The facilities are excellent and the friendly, professional staff superb. Ward is the perfect point man and did an excellent job of showing us the ropes; his knowledge and reassuring manner made our decision to move my mother there an easy one. My mother has been a resident for two weeks now and so far there have been absolutely no surprises.

Not Good Care, Needs More Staff

Not good care. They could hire more staff and keep it. There would have been a waiting list to get into independent living and there is no pool or wellness facility.