Woodholme Springs - Pikesville, MD

On approach, this house is a gorgeous German style older home. Indoors, it is also on builds it was once a beautiful home. Accommodations have been made for the residents, yet we still felt they were cramped. The stairwell required a lift, the rooms were small, and there was really no place to sit and discuss the situation. We didn't really receive a tour as much as stood in a bedroom and talked. A radio was playing current pop music rather loudly. It stuck me as wrong, as the residents most surely do not listen to pop music!

Karen Baranowski

Prior to the scheduled tour we had an emergency situation. A sprinkler system pipe froze and burst. In order to make repairs needed we had to rearrange furniture and medical supplies. We didn't want to reschedule the tour because we understand how hectic people's schedule can be.
We play music at times during the day and rotate eras to accommodate all of our residents.

Very friendly staff!

My loved one really seems to enjoy it here, she has really settled in well! The staff are all very friendly and caring, and do a wonderful job interacting with the residents. They go out of their way to make sure everyone is comfortable and cared for!

Normally, everyday that I go, the thing I like the most, and I visited four times before I chose, is that when you walk in you never smell urine. Since the second week of february I have been there five days a week and I have never once smelled urine. I help serve dinner to the residents and they don't mind that, they are open to it. I have gotten to learn the other residents names, and it really does feel like home. I think it depends on how much you want to interact with everyone, how much enjoyment you get out of it. I feel as though she is safe and it's definitely worth the money. She has had neices and nephews visit, and they all feel the same way that I've felt, they have had experience with other family members in nursing homes, and one of the very first things they noticed is the smell. The food is just like if you cooked it at home yourself, but with no salt. They make sure the residents are hydrated, too. When you go in the middle of the day you can see where the managers have made sure the medications were given out at the same time everyday. The staff was extremely friendly, helpful, if they even have a question about anything they will ask. The residents are always kept clean and fresh. I liked that they have 15 residents and that was their limit, so they are able to focus more on the residents, it's smaller. Everyone sits in one really large room with a fireplace, it seems more like more of a home setting. I've told them they had better still be here to take care of me when I get to that point.

Assisted Living Management was founded in 1999 and currently owns and operates seven turn-of-the-century homes focused on enhancing the quality of life for all seniors. Each home is licensed for 15 residents and has been designed specifically for seniors. A place that gives residents control over their lives, encourages choices and independence. Our residents enjoy an active lifestyle and benefit from the comforts of a real home. Life enrichment programs include wellness, a variety of activities, socialization and personalized care services.

We are especially proud of our professional staff that is warm, caring and knowledgeable. Assisted Living Management is different for everyone because everyone’s different. We realize each of our residents have varying needs with daily living skills. Therefore, the individual’s routines, interests and capabilities are respected as we strive to help residents maintain control and independence in their lives by providing just the right level of personal care and support. We provide residents with managed care for optimum physical, emotional and spiritual health all experienced in a comforting home environment.

We are dedicated to exceeding families’ expectations and to giving residents along with their families a trusted partner in providing the quality of life they seek for their loved one. We are proud of our reputation in the communities we serve and want to make our home YOURS.