Woodholme Gardens - Pikesville, MD

Woodholme Gardens - Pikesville, MD has yet not published prices.

I liked the place. Clean, attractive residents engaged. Met w Exec Director who had a ton of good advice. But it is pricey.

Beautiful facility. Good to see diversity among residents and good to see them actively engaged and having a good time. The big push is for a shared room to help keep the costs down. This is not appealing for my situation. Basic prices are raised by exorbitant add-ons. With a minimum add-on of $800/ mo., the cost of a shared room is only $20 cheaper than a studio at the Atrium. And these are supposedly special offers that must be decided on quickly or they disappear.

No complaints!

Everything is going just fine at this location! The staff are great and they are doing what they can to make my loved one feel very comfortable. We also appreciated the fact that it fit so well into our set budget. Overall, we have no complaints!

No openings in the near future but it is a nice place. Would have considered if they had an opening.

Nice accommodations and reasonably priced. Pleasant staff and plenty of activates for engagements of community residents.

A pretty good community

This community has different floors for the residents. The more independent residents are on the first floor and as you go up to the fourth floor these are the residents that need the most care. The staff are helpful and friendly. Sometimes they do seem to be short on staff. The food is healthy and does not taste to bad. They keep the community clean and my loved one seems a little more active.

[removed] and staff were very warm and knowledgeable. I was quite comfortable about every aspect of my tour and visit.

Flexible people!

We just absolutely love this place and the people. We are really thrilled with the level of care that they are giving my dad. The staff has been able to get everything done and they have been able to accommodate when we need them to.

Pleased With This Community

I'am overall pleased with this community. My uncle is doing very well. The community is very well maintained, they do a good job with the cleanliness of the community. The staff is great with supporting the needs of uncle. Everything had worked out very well. [Removed] from a place for mom was amazing with all the help she provided me with.

Kudos to a Place for Mom and Woodholme Gardens Assistant Living.

I used a Place for Mom, kudos to Rachel, to find Woodholme Gardens, After viewing approx 10 other assistant living facilities I desperately turned to a Place for Mom, whom located a hidden jewel for my family. Woodholme Gardens provided a flexible payment plan (introductory offer) to help us move my Uncle in as a resident within 2 weeks. The complex is very clean with zero odors and a valet style set up. The employees are very pleasant to the residents during my weekly visits and all residents are dressed nicely and appear to be well taken care of. My uncle is 93 and in good physical shape, he participates in social events, walks throughout the complex, and outside to get fresh air frequently. Woodholme Gardens is the perfect transition for my Uncle, whom lived independently all his life. Overall we are extremely pleased with Woodholme Gardens.

Staff appears to be pleasant and engaged. Music plays in common areas. Big wide hallways. Adequate studio apartments, bright light from windows with pleasant views. Invited to an open house later in month, I'll attend it and get a "virtual" tour of a day at Woodholme, should be interesting; it apparently gives the sensations of seeing the world through a patients eyes.

Not the best, but not the worst

Woodholme is okay. They could be a little more efficient with keeping the facility clean. Communication could be better here, but overall, the staff is pleasant. There are plenty of activities for the residents to participate in. Not the best, but not the worst.

Review of Tarrytowne Estates-Houston, TX

Clean, passes the scent test. Staff was helpful and the residents that I spoke with were very positive about their experience in living there. I guess I learned I am not ready to pay $ 3000 for a one bedroom apartment of about 600 square feet with little storage even if it includes weekly housekeeping and three meals a day.

Review of Woodholme Gardens- Pikesville, MD

First impressions count and Woodholme Gardens did not make an overall good impression. In short, if nothing else was available, I’d keep Dad home. The place had an odor throughout. It’s dimly lit, drab in appearance. The Director’s slovenly appearance matched his attitude. He was not the warm and inviting type and he did not appear interested. Within the first five minutes of meeting him and telling him about my Dad’s physical condition and needs, he decided that W.G. was not the best place for Dad. I eagerly agreed!

My father-in-law moved in two weeks ago and he is happy. The staff are friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. There were some renovations but the residents were temporarily relocated in another part of the building without disrupting the activities and care. He has a sense of independence but with the assistance needed to maintain a sense of dignity. It's a little expensive but worth it knowing he is well cared for in a supportive and safe environment.

Activities Are Great

I am dealing with the financial office right now, and the lady I first worked with is no longer there, so there seems to be some confusion on how much I owe, so we're dealing with that. The activities are great, but my loved one just does not participate.

Communication Needs Work

They are terrible with their communication, within the management. I did not receive an invoice for the month of October until the last week of the month. No follow through either, but the food is good though.

I like It

They need to improve on an on-boarding process for new residents, for when you come in, a little manual would be nice, or something that gives you an overview of things in a more welcoming first day kind of experience, because that was a little hectic. They have new administrators though, and I would have to say that they are very open and friendly and approachable. The other thing I like is the room sizes. When we were looking at other places they were small and cell-like, and that was not the case here.

Seemed like a nice place

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. I was also impressed by the food, the quality was much better than I was expecting!

Not A Good Experience

What they promised us is not what has been fulfilled. My father is dirty. They don't change him. It's just not been a good experience. He has fallen and they said they were attending to him, which was not true.

Horrible experience once a resident diedpp

Over 90 days since my mother passed away and we turned in the keys. We even made the monthly payment (she was only there for three days that month) while she was in hospice care in the hope she would recover and be able to go back. Still waiting for a refund which according to contract was supposed to be after 15 days. Total incompetence with a lot of excuses.

Very nice place!

I think they do a great job overall at Woodholme Gardens! it has been a great experience right from the the start. Audrey, the sales rep we worked with, was personable, understanding, compassionate, and knew how to keep in contact without being pushy. The staff in general are for the most part friendly, professional, and cordial. The facility is clean and well kept, and they've got a lot to offer the people who live here. They've got good food, a variety of activities, and just a good atmosphere overall. I highly recommend them!

The staff at Woodholme Gardens are friendly, courteous and reliable.

Large, open, well appointed building with levels of care on different floors. The third and fourth floor are memory care. The facility is secure. The staff appears very kind and accommodating. My only issue is small: memory care residents must be escorted to go outdoors, as they reside on secure upper floors. This is a very nice facility with a price to match!

Fantastic place!

Overall we are very pleased with how things have gone at Woodholme Gardens, it is a fantastic community. The facility itself is attractive, and always immaculate. Both the common areas as well as the residents rooms are kept spotless, and the same is true of the residents. My loved one always looks clean and well taken care of. And the care staff they have working here are wonderful. They treat the residents with a tremendous amount of understanding and respect. They know the sorts of behaviors and issues that dementia patients can face, and they are patient and respectful. My loved one has really settled in well here, he has made friends and he even loves the food!
However, one area they could really stand to improve is their billing department. We've had discrepancies in the price we were quoted and what we were charged, and when we pointed this out to them and they said it would be fixed the next bill they arrived was also incorrect in a different way than what we had already discussed. And to top all those issues off the person who is in charge of their billing is hard to get a hold of, she never seems to be in her office, and doesn't respond quickly to messages that are left.
All that being said, it is a wonderful community, and I would recommend them highly to anyone!

Good location; The Behavior...

Good location; The Behavior Management Unit as added layer of care within the Memory Care Neighborhood is a plus! Shirille Otto was exceptionally wonderful, very knowledgeable & gave us a lot to think about in making a decision.

They should be shut down! The facility is a horror.

They should be shut down! The facility is a horror. My loved one was ignored and neglected. They sent her to the hospital and forgot to pick her up and didn't save her room for her. After the first day they sent her to the hospital with for a UTI because she was confused!! They left her sitting undressed on her bed and nobody could find her. They wouldn't respond to me. They didn't keep her walker nearby, and the call button was too far away for someone who couldn't walk. We came to find out the button was broken anyway. They refused to give me her records. I had to pull her out of there, she had to have private care the whole time she was there and I was even paying extra for a higher level of care. I was afraid she would die there. The residents have to ask for something to drink at meals or they get nothing, they had a chain lock on the refrigerator. They didn't bathe her, and would let her sit in her own fecal matter. Just an awful place!!!

Searching for a place for mom

Nice place. Clean, well lit, well maintained. Nice sized rooms. Didn't give me the warm fuzzies like Sunrise, but was friendly enough. Staff was very kind. Because of the time of day we were there we didn't get to see any activities or much interaction with residents. (They must all have been napping). Like that they have a behavioral health unit as well as a memory care unit.

Nice location but very one ...

Nice location but very one dimentional in term of the population which is probably 98% jewish. If you are not Jewish you may feel out of place.

The place is clean and the staff is f...

The place is clean and the staff is friendly. Everyone was very nice. If you're looking for assisted living it's a nice small place. The memory floor however is understaffed and the residents spend the day sitting in a TV room. My dad got pressure sores from sitting in the same position every day and ended up in the hospital. He's no longer at Woodholme Gardens.

I like it it was very nice

I like it it was very nice

The infrastructure is very polished...

The infrastructure is very polished. It feels like an upscale bed-and-breakfast. It is very clean environment with bright window light and daily checks on the residents throughout the day: In person and/or by infrared technology. The location is very safe. The environment is very professional and nice, but not as ?warm? as Sunrise.