Brookdale Pikesville - Pikesville, MD

Brookdale Pikesville - Pikesville, MD has yet not published prices.

[Name removed] was great, she offered timely information for me and also provided other resources to review. Good visit.

Timing Was Right

We had looked at a number of different communities in the area and most of them were fine. Some of them were a little too large in what we were looking for but generally, most of them were out of our budget range. When we had come across this community the timing seemed to be on our side they had a shared suite with an opening and the price fit within my moms budget.
It's been a bit of an adjustment for her moving here but the staff has been good in helping her. They have been very kind and friendly. There are lots of things to do here and mom is having a good time doing activities. She is enjoying the food well balanced.

STAY AWAY

First of all, I hate when people take a tour and then comment as if they know anything more than what they were told by a sales person. Unless you've had a family member here, then don't review.

This place was Emeritus that was bought from Brookdale. As far as I know, no one made any administrative changes which means it is still a nightmare.

My mother escaped her first night there and after that it was downhill. The head nurse was so bad, she basically said it was no big deal that they attempted to give my mom a colon prep, despite the colonoscopy was cancelled.

The director disappeared and for days no one knew who was in charge. Someone new and even worse showed up.

There was a laundry fire from too much built up lint. They didn't tell the families that they moved the Dementia patients to the NONE secure front unit until the damage was fixed.

When I tried to complain, i was sent to an OUTSOURCED complaints center.

Don't fall for tours. Go in on weekends when their worst staff is there. Try the food in the dementia unit, not what the tour shows you. See how many immobile people are FED during dinner.

BEWARE of these giant chains, they cut corners to save money.

Facility was very nice overall and is being renovated with new decore in common areas and in the rooms. Lobby smelled a little funky. Staff was very nice and happy. Residents were happy. They do not take vouchers and the pricing that you have is incorrect. Smallest room starts at $3250 and then services increase the costs from there.

Getting Adjusted

I'am doing pretty well since my move to this community. It was a hard move, but I'am getting to the routine around here. The staff has been very helpful and welcoming. I've made a few new friends. The meals are pretty good for the most part. Overall it is still a work in progress, but I'am pleased with my move to this community.

Overall nice community

Staff is very good. Building is outdated, but renovations to the public areas are under way so that should help. Apartment units are nice-perfect size, decent closet space. Convenient location easy highway access. My mother not crazy about the food but no big surprise there-no one likes the food in senior living.

Helping Hands

I was looking for a place for my cousin. She was living alone, no other family and she was getting weaker in her aging.
It was getting harder for her to go up and down the stairs.
I called a Place for Mom, I was under the impression that they had senior facilities by that name. I found out they were a referral service.
They referred me to several places in my area,, I chose Brookdale why? Because of the first impression of the staff.
I toured the building, it is clean every person that I saw there ( all the seniors) were clean.
No trash no dirt.
I was hooked and knew my cousin was going to live it too.
She is moving next month and she is more excited than I am.
Thank you Place for Mom, you are doing a good job

This place attaches many additional fees to your monthly bill. The building is dirty and needs repair. Veterans are forced to pay an additional fee if they do not choose the residence's medication plan which is higher in cost. If your love one has dementia and does not understand well, stay away.

DO NOT TAKE YOUR LOVED ONE HERE IF THEY NEED ANY PERSONAL CARE . !!!! GOOD ACTIVITIES AND FOOD PERSONEL CARE IS NEGLECTFUL THE AIDES HAVE 20 PATIENTS FOR THERE ASSIGNMENTS.

don't go!

this is the worst, most disgusting place i've ever seen. we are pulling my mom out immediately. do not put anyone, not even a dog, in here.

Great facility

There is always room for improvement. Overall I think they are doing an excellent job. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. They really try to meet the needs of the clients. They go out of their way to make adjustments that are helpful to the clients. The only thing I can suggest is that they have meetings with the clients to let them know of things that are going on. I haven't had any issues and I do if I they take care of them right away.

very attentive to the residents

I like the attention they provided my father with. He was in the memory care unit and they were very attentive to him.

would recommend them

Brookdale Pikesville was good. It was a good experience all around. Dad has passed away but they provided good care while he was there. I have no complaints. I would recommend them.

Great staff and it looks like a very happy place, on the list to consider

A great place and a great experience

Amazing community. The caregivers here are excellent. The entire staff is friendly, the facility is clean and the activities are appropriate. The cafeteria could be better, but overall a great place and a great experience.

The place is clean and the staff is nice .i am happy with service.you can visit anytime of day.

Mixed experience

Our experience with Emeritus at Pikesville has been somewhat mixed. My loved one is only here for a brief stay while he recovers from an injury, which is good because I don't think this would be a good permanent solution. While the staff seem friendly and helpful, the facility and the services they provide could all stand to be improved. The place seems shabby and in need of some renovations, and the activities and food could use work.

Emeritus

Staff slow to respond to resident call lights/lanyards.-Needs improvement
Overall nice place and staff.

Brief stay, but seems nice enough

We used Emeritus at Pikesville for a brief rehab stay for a loved one, and while I thought they did a fairly good job overall I wasn't overly impressed. It seemed like it took a fairly long time before they got my loved one added to the rotation for their bathing and care schedule. It took longer than I would like before they cleaned her up after she arrived from the hospital.

Our favorite place so far. The staff is kind and accommodating. The individual care plans seem well thought out. Spaces are large, hallways are wide. They have a full time chef.

Would not recommend

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one, and I was not impressed by what I saw here at all. I also have friend with loved ones at this community, and I have not heard good things from them either. Based on my own experiences and what I have heard from others I would not recommend this community.

Very nice place!

Overall I think they're doing a great job at Emeritus at Pikesville! It's a very nice looking community, and the staff do a great job taking care of the residents. Everyone is very friendly, and they've been very accommodating to any requests we've had. We've also been impressed by the dining service, the food always looks nice and tastes great!

people were warm and friendly, kept m...

people were warm and friendly, kept me informed about my father

Quality service

Emeritus prides themselves in excellent customer service and cleanliness. My mother is an amputee and they assist her a lot. I have had only one incident where an aide was not helpful to my mother but management acted quickly. Besides that my mother is very happy to be there and feels like it is her own home.

I am generally happy with the care th...

I am generally happy with the care that my loved one is getting at Emeritus. However, I think the facility could definitely do a better job of keeping in touch with families and responding to family concerns. This seems to have slipped, particularly in recent months.

Sam Pollock

Thank you for your review of our community. We work diligently to keep the lines of communication open between the community, the residents, and their loved ones via email, phone calls, and monthly newsletters. We invite you to reach out to our community management team so that they may address this issue and make sure that your contact information is correct.

Great location; we know one...

Great location; we know one of the GNA's which is a plus! We liked Emeritus a lot and our two least favorite things were the individual care ratio (a little higher than his current care). We preferred a roommate/companionship setting as opposed to a single room. The cost is moderate.

walk right past this place it looks nice but the staff is not.

I wouldn't even let my dog stay at this place. If that is the way the staff treats humans I would hate to see how they would treat a dog. The night staff is rude to their residents. I have even hear staff screaming at each other while holding the elevator so they could do so. They tell you they will answer your loved ones call button with in 7mins don't hold your breath. There have been times it took over 45 mins for someone to come in to check on my mom. Things have been missing out of my mothers room. Do not let them take care of your loved one look some place else.

David Virden

First, we are terribly sorry your experience didn't meet your expectations. We are quite surprised by this review because we have many residents who have been with us for 10 years or more and always have good things to say about the care they receive. For instance, one of our residents recently moved into a new apartment. The Executive Director and Assistant ED moved all the furniture themselves to ensure the resident was comfortably situated as quickly as possible. This was all done free of charge. This is just one example of how our staff goes out of their way to ensure all of our residents' comfort and safety.

first week evaluation

This was definetely a good fit for my mom. It is going to take time to get into a routine of daily life. A few concerns have popped up, but when we talk to administrator he deals with our concerns immediately.
The facility is nice. Common areas clean. Staff very friendly. Personal room size is excellent. Maintenance department has been great at installing tv's , curtains, hanging pictures and generally fixing anything that we have brought to their attention.Biggest concern at this point is the food. So far is hasn't been very tasty or appealing. There is always a variety in addition to daily specials but it would be nice if specials of the day were better.

Avoid if you can

A horrible experience due to incompetent management and inadequate staffing. Constant turnover and nonexistent communication. Only focused on collecting monthly rent. When you move your deceased family member's belongings out, they don't even hold the door for you.

Looking for mom

Looking for a place for my mom, this was the second place we visited. Pros: lots of interesting activities, outdoor spaces, transport to mom's private doc, squarely in our budget. Cons: dirty. I couldnt believe how dirty. Poorly maintained. Reminded me of a cheap roadside hotel with chipping paint, dirty light fixtures, etc. The staff showing us around didn't seem genuine, like we were being "sold." With a little elbow grease and paint this place wouldnt be so bad.

Great Community

It is a very nice place. The staff has been very supportive to our loved one. We have had no problems or issues with them at all. Our loved one has adjusted very well to the community. Their safety measures are very good and they provide 3 balanced meals a day. They check on the residents regularly and make sure they are meeting the resident’s needs. The always administer the medication properly and with everything together it just provides me great peace of mind. I would recommend them to anyone.

What mom wanted

She moved in there back in June and only lived there for 5 days when she had to go back to the hospital and yesterday she was able to go back to Emeritus and she wanted to, it was all her choice. The unit we chose is on a corner with a lot fo natural light which is good for her eyesight and we were able to decorate it and hang up pictures so it looks like her place. As long as she does well we'll be great. As children, we want the best for our parents, or most of us do, and the location of this place was what she wanted and it's in a neighborhood that we're all comfortable with. There's no place you're gonna find thats gonna be perfect, you just hope you find the one that your parent likes the best. We're going to wait and see about the care, coming out of a rehab situation you have to get adjusted to being in an assisted living but they food has been very good and as long as they can give her the care she needs we'll be happy.

Very pleasant and personal ...

Very pleasant and personal to the residents. It was a great place to visit.

This was a very lovely facility and D...

This was a very lovely facility and Director who we met with was very friendly and very thorough in her presentation of Emeritus. After talking with us and finding out our reason for moving our aunt she informed us that Emeritus rates were about the same, but gave us some great information concerning the veterans. She was a delight and everyone was very friendly to us.

This facility is also highly rated by...

This facility is also highly rated by us. The rooms were a good size and director told us that some couples use the living area as their bedroom and the smaller bedroom area as their sitting area - which we thought was creative. They have an on-site physical therapy clinic (a plus), which they plan to expand. Finally, we briefly toured their alzheimers unit, which was not depressing - and I've seen a few, so that was encouraging as well. Their site visit reports are pretty good too. One con: a relatively recent change in management.

I like it a lot very nice. The peopl...

I like it a lot very nice. The people was happy.

Like this, Cat is okay. Transportatio...

Like this, Cat is okay. Transportation to dr visits - Dr comes to building on Tuesday and Thursday. Laundry once a week, Cleaning once a week, daily - take out trash

The tour was conducted by director an...

The tour was conducted by director and she was excellent. The facility is charming, clean, safe and inviting. Satff were able to work with us and accomodate financially accommodate us. The room offered is outstanding. I believe he will receive the care needed.

Culturial programs. Convenient for Mo...

Culturial programs. Convenient for Mom. Located outside the beltway.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.