Sunrise of Pikesville - Pikesville, MD

The mind care here seemed very good. A very positive & friendly environment. Everyone was out of their rooms socializing & it had a good vibe.

Dad's still independent

This is a very nice assisted living community, and the staff did a very good job with our tour, they took their time showing us around and answering our questions. We just felt that dad with still too independent and did not need the assisted living as of yet. We do have a relative that we are looking to bring here where the assisted living would work well for them. I would recommend taking a tour to see for yourself.

Loved this place, their stay requirements for respite were a little longer than we wanted. My favorite was the resident dog 'Lil Janie' I believe. This place had a few more options to offer, just a little out of our budget at the time. Great energy, smiling faces, many residents moving through the facility. (I visited just after the lunch hour)

Not the right fit..

I'm sure Sunrise is perfect for some people, but to me, it was too kind of generic. I was not very impressed with them. Everyone there was friendly and helpful, but it was not what I was looking for.

Pleasant knowledgeable staff. Community has plenty of activates for engagements of residents. Clean and bright.

Everyone was warm especially the receptionist. Facility was comfortable.

I haven't really been impressed or disappointed

I think it's fine. I would give it about four stars. Its average. I haven't really been impress or disappointed by anything yet. It's about what we expected it would be.

I haven't really been impressed or disappointed

I think it's fine. I would give it about a four. It's average, I haven't really been impressed or disappointed by anything yet. It's about what we expected it would be.

Worth taking a tour.

The Sunrise of Pikesville is a very nice community and is very well kept. It is kept very clean and tidy throughout. The community offers many activities for the residents to partake in and enjoy. They did not have a room available when we needed one.

This Community Is Far From Me

My tour went very good here. It was a brief tour but they did a good job with the tour. The place is a bit older but overall it is a good place. My thoughts about choosing this place lead me to notice that it is too far for me.

I have recommended Sunrise!!!

The previous daytime caregiver C.C. was great. We have had an issue with a new daytime caregiver as she is not attentive to my mom and does not make sure she is properly dressed and ready in the morning. The rest of the staff are good. The food is fine and she has participated in some of the activities. They offer bingo and have musicians come in sometimes as well.

Staff particularly caring. Very pleased with attention my wife has received during these early weeks of her residence. Believe I made the right choice after exhaustive search.

A Loving Place for My mom

My mother has been at Sunrise in Pikesville, Maryland for two weeks now. We were a little apprehensive because we had toured the facility with my mother and told us that she did not want to move there. My mother is in the Reminiscence Program. Well, she is adjusting
quite well. First, I will attribute this to the excellent staff in Reminiscence. The staff is caring and it is clear that they know the residents well; the staff who tends to my mother are up to date with her progress. I receive phone calls at least three times a week and I am told how my mother is doing. I visit my mother for an hour every day and at first, I felt bad because I cared for her before she went to Sunrise. I immediately saw that my mother liked where she was. The social interactions with the staff and other residents, as well as the activities offered made the difference. The Reminiscence floor is cheerful. The rooms are spacious with large windows and are kept very clean. The food is carefully prepared and quite good. I will say without equivocation that Sunrise of Pikesville is a great place for your loved one. For me, there aspic of mind knowing that my mother is safe and cared for by a staff that is genuine. My mother has told me several times how "nice the people" are.

A pretty quaint place

Sunrise of Pikesville is pretty decent. My mother is doing well there, she's getting used to it. The staff is pretty good. They celebrate the holidays and decorate, it's a pretty quaint place. The food is not the greatest, I don't look forward to eating there again. My mother likes to play bingo and do puzzles, not really much other activities she likes to participate in.

very satisfied

I was very satisfied with the selection Sunrise of Pikesville. It was a perfect match. She is making new friends there and adjusting well. We are encouraging her to get out in the communal spaces. It is expensive for the care we are getting. Most of the activities are some that she would normally not pick. I am trying to get her to try new things. She is participating but a lot of the things are not her cup of tea. Overall I am pleased with the placement.

WORTH A LOOK

This community is a perfect fit for my mother's needs. The transition from the rehab facility in NJ, after a total hip replacement, was relatively smooth. This was a major factor contributing to my mother's adjusting to new surroundings and making new friends. Everyone in the family is pleased with our choice. Well appointed, warm, friendly and full of natural light in the main reception and common areas. Daily activities give residents a variety of options to participate in. Only 10 minutes away allows for frequent visits & occasional outings to nearby banking, shopping and dining. The staff is actively engaged in attending to residents needs. Be sure to check out the website and arrange a site visit. In my case, I had a formal tour then returned three more times to observe different aspects of Sunrise's daily operation.

Clean, open, large building. Residents seem to be enjoying themselves. Memory care unit is separate and currently under renovation, making it look a bit disorganized, but this should change. A la carte pricing (daily rate) for everything is somewhat overwhelming as cost of care would never be the same two months.

A nice environment

It seemed like a nice environment and I'm happy that my mom is staying there. They could have more activities from what I noticed.

Seemed like a nice place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I thought this was a very nice place overall, and it was one of our final considerations when we were deciding on a location. It was a nice looking, clean place, and everyone seemed very friendly. They are worth a look if you are searching for options in the area.

It was a pleasure meeting C...

It was a pleasure meeting Charles. He was very pleasant and accommodating. The tour was great and I had an opportunity to meet some of the residents. I was very impressed with the facility and it's home-like setup (as apposed to hospital setting. Thanks for your assistance.

Good location, and a place ...

Good location, and a place where we felt comfort in knowing the [removed] ratio is determined by care level vs. number of residents needing care. We liked the pets on site & that he could be in a companionship room. The cost is higher than the others.

Looking for mom

Very clean, warm feeling. Felt like I could leave mom there and not feel guilty. Everyone was friendly. Reminiscence (memory care) area almost felt familial. The downside is that services are sold a la carte so it's hard to know how much you'll be paying each month.

Excellent and probably our ...

Excellent and probably our first option ..

Place very friendly but roo...

Place very friendly but rooms were extremely small. Space that you live in is comparable to a dorm room.

Expensive

They are a very good community and is very pretty. It is a more upscale community that was not within our budget. We really liked it but we were able to get the same services at another community that was also able to fit our budget.

The infrastructure is very nice with ...

The infrastructure is very nice with window light and clean. It has a very good and attractive communal area that felt ?warm?: Meaning, I felt the love. There are plenty of activities that the residents look forward to attending the activities. The area/neighborhood is safe and protected. I really like this place. ? The staff is loving verses friendly ? The bedrooms feel like suites ? Location is in Pikesville, familiar to Mom ? It?s bright and feels alive Off of Old Court Road and Reisterstown, Pikesville Companion Suite $2,666 /month Private Studio $3,255 /month Denver Suite $3,627 /month Large Studio $3,875 /month Traditional Assisted Living Level 1 $1,023 /month Level 2 $1,395 /month Level 3 $1,922 /month Med Management $527 /month

Excellent in every way. The staff is ...

Excellent in every way. The staff is professional and well prepared for the day. Director is wonderful.

Nice big place...inside and out. The ...

Nice big place...inside and out. The discussion/tour seemed rushed but I don't consider that an issue. This is similar to Brighton gardens but less expensive.

We enjoyed our visit at Sunrise and d...

We enjoyed our visit at Sunrise and director was very informative, pleasant and friendly. Her presentation of Sunrise was so informative and she showed us all over and explained everything as we were going on the tour. However, when she gave us the price it exceeded the amount we are already paying by $500.00. However, it was so enlighting to hear how Sunrise came about and she is well versed and has so much admiration for the founders and Sunrise and it's mission towards the elderly. We enjoyed our visit very much!

Very positive visit. Excellent recomm...

Very positive visit. Excellent recommendation from a daughter of a resident when leaving. The rooms seemed very clean and it seems like a well managed and run facility.

It's 5-star!