Woodcrest Home for Senior Citizens - Live Oak, TX

A Happy Home for my Loved One

I visited Woodcrest Home for Senior Citizens by myself and was impressed by the friendliness of the owner and her staff. She and I had a discussion about the care that would be needed for my husband, and she assured me he would be well taken care of. My daughter and I returned a few days later, and my daughter was also impressed. She thought it was very nice that [Removed], the owner, introduced us to each of the residents by name. That gave it a more personal touch and the feeling that the residents were treated as individuals and not simply bodies. We didn't observe any activities, but my loved one has reached a stage where he can no longer participate with the others. He has lived at Woodcrest for over a week and I am happy that the staff really seems to care about all the residents. Since it is a small facility, they can devote more time to each person. An added plus for me is Woodcrest is less than ten minutes from my home which makes it easy to visit every day.

Friendly tour guide!!

I have no complaints about the tour guide that helped my dad and I during our visit, she was very kind. I just was not very impressed with the overall facility and the different things I had seen. I felt that everything was very small and cramped in the bedrooms. I also felt like it was a higher level of care then what my dad had needed. All of the residents where just sitting in there chairs and where very quiet.

This was a good choice for us!!

Mom is adjusting well to living at Woodcrest. The staff are very caring, attentive, accommodating and look out for her. The entire home is clean including the showers and restrooms. I have not had a chance to see the food but the menu looked good. They encourage the residents to be social including playing cards. I would recommend this care home.

Very caring staff.

Over The Top Staff!!

The staff goes out of their way to make sure that my loved ones are receiving great care. All of the staff is also very attentive and communicate very well with my loved ones and me. They staff tries to get them to engage in activities to a level of comfort for them. There are no complaints about the meals. I would highly recommend the Woodcrest Home for Senior Citizens.

A homelike environment

My wife suffered a stroke and needs help transferring and getting ready for her day. The staff goes out of their way to make sure she's comfortable and happy. It has been a hard time for us since we aren't, technically, senior citizens. I couldn't ask for a nicer facility.

On a side note, after reading previous comments, the showers have been rebuilt in the last 6 months and are now 'walk in'.

Thank You, Vilma, and the Woodcrest staff.

Woodcrest Home for Senior Citizens is the BEST!

Ms. Vilma and the staff at Woodcrest Home for Senior Citizens was a godsend! They too the BEST care of my mom in a CLEAN, friendly, upbeat environment where each resident is treated like FAMILY!

I could have never been able to provide the QUALITY and dignity of care to my mother as well as they did. They did everything to support her feisty personality while allowing her to maintain her dignity and freedom to act independently as long as it was physically possible. In the last days, they made her comfortable and provided both the warmth and love as well as spiritual support as well as any family member could ever do, and they were also there to support our FAMILY both physically and emotionally.

Thanks to the referral from Paul Hamilton with "A Place for Mom", my mom was able to live out the end stage of her life comfortably, safely and happily with the love and support she deserved.

I sincerely appreciate Woodcrest and everyone there for all they provided.

Not as well maintained as D...

Not as well maintained as Dignity Senior Care. Concerned about shower not being a walk-in type. Don't think it would be a good fit for mom.

Woodcrest Home for Senior Citizens is situated in a quiet neighborhood in Northeast San Antonio. It is a single story home with six bedrooms and a beautiful yard to plan plenty of activities.

We are licensed for 10 residents. In the year 2002, we were awarded the Texas Organization for Residential Care Homes (TORCH) home of the year. We are located only 2 miles from the Northeast Methodist hospital. We have semi-private and private rooms.