Highland Gardens Assisted Living and Personal - San Antonio, TX

mom's new home

I love this home for my mother. It is a homey residence that cares for a small group. The caregivers are friendly and mindful. The owners live on the premises and are always on call. I feel very blessed that my mother is living at Highland Gardens.

This place is amazing! Clean, well staffed and run by an amazing woman who started TORCH (Texas Organization Resident Care Homes). The main reason I did not choose it is because my Mom wanders at night. They have a system in place that is not compatible with this. You can feel the love and compassion when you walk in the door. When I need assisted care I would love to live here!!!!

My aunt lived here for quite a while,...

My aunt lived here for quite a while, and it is a nice place, but does not have private rooms which is what Mom wants.

Our Retirement Care Home provides assisted living and personal care services depending on the degree of individual needs. We also have furnished cottages available for Independent Senior living with basic services provided.

We are located 5 minutes south of the Alamodome and 1 block south of the new McCreless Shopping Market at IH 37 & Southcross. We offer support 24/7, and are designed to offer all the comforts of home, with the benefit of daily care and supervision of a trained direct care staff. Home-cooked meals are served 3 times a day including snacks.

George and Gladys Koval are the owners of Highland Gardens. We have been in business since 1972 and are pioneers in this industry. We have 4 grown children and 7 grandchildren all of which are part of the family environment at Highland Gardens. We have been members of our southeast side community Catholic Church for 38 years and serve as the leaders in our music ministry.