Atria Center City - Philadelphia, PA

Since 2007, Atria Center City has served the families of Philadelphia. With a continuing commitment to quality, the community is undergoing an extensive renovation to enhance beauty and functionality. Once complete, residents will enjoy a host of exciting new spaces and amenities, including renovated apartments with modern décor and upgraded features, fully remodeled common areas, an expanded rooftop deck, a new cinema-style movie theater, a full-service bistro and fitness center – and much more.

For families dealing with the challenges of dementia, Atria Center City recently added a new Life Guidance® memory care neighborhood. Features include a welcoming, vibrant environment with a private dining room, living room, solarium and secure rooftop deck, thoughtfully designed apartments with modern features, and an Engage Life® center offering events and opportunities tailored to residents’ interests.

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 180 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 21,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 13,500 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them keep making a positive difference in our world.

Move on

Used to be so much better. The irony is that they are doing all this construction (and a mess at that) to include a memory care unit and yet they don't have the basics down. This review from yelp really sums it up.

[removed]

unhappy

They need more staff.the housekeepers don't clean well.the laundry rooms are horrible.the transportation always have an excuse.and now she's complaining about the food.the construction is horrible can't rest can't even eat lunch in peace.my relative been here 4 months and is ready to leave

Kate Vance

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback – it helps us to constantly improve our services. I’m sad to hear that your experience is not meeting your expectations and I’d like to help if I can. Would you care to email me directly at [removed]? From there, I can gain a better understanding of your situation and how best to address it. In the meantime, I encourage you to attend our monthly Food For Thought meeting where you can speak with the chef directly about your dining preferences.

no hot water

Hello,

My mom has been living at the Atria for about 2 years. For the most part, the services they have provided her have been fair. Basic services such as; daily meals, emergency support and cleaning services are well covered. However, a basic service which has been a struggle for the past year, while paying rent of nearly 5k/month, has been hot water. My mom's apartment has not had consistent hot water for nearly 1 year. The Atria has attempted to resolve the issue based on constant pestering from my mom and other supportive relatives, but have failed to provide consistent hot water for nearly 1 year.

Hot water is a basic service people paying rent are entitled to, and ample time has been provided to resolve this issue.

Thanks.

[Removed]

Kate Vance

Hi, Nathan. Thank you for being a part of the Atria family and for taking the time to reach out. I'd like to learn a little more so I can help. Would you mind emailing me directly at [removed]?

Mom Likes Everything

Everything is fine and I am happy with the care my mom receives. I picked them because they are close to me it is very convenient for me. My mom she likes everything and they do a lot of activities. They have current events, work out sessions, walking and show or movies in the evening.

Management does not have a handle on what aides do.

Kate Vance

Thanks for reaching out. Rest assured that all of our employees, especially in leadership roles, are required to complete extensive training based on their job functions and state requirements. If you have questions or concerns, I encourage you to connect with our Executive Director, who would be glad to address them directly.

misrepresentation of monthly cost

My experience with Atria center city is that the pricing information given me when I signed up was deceptive in that costs that were supposed to be included in the rent (for example, export services for my Mom who is in a wheel chair) were supposed to be included in the rent and not factored into the "personal services" that were a separate charge. Although eventually her personal service charges were reduced, it was because of my prodding. I think if Mom did not have an advocate that she would just continue to be charged much more than was represented to me when I first signed the lease. Also the aides are often very slow in responding to requests for transport or other assistance.

Kate Vance

Thanks for reaching out to us with your concerns. I'm glad to know that you were able to resolve the service charge with the community. If you'd like to tell me more about how we can continue to improve our service, please send me an email [removed].

Friendly, communicative staff

Our experience with Atria has been a very positive one, so far! The staff here is friendly, professional, and everyone from the management to the maintenance staff has been friendly and eager to help. They've been very reliable when it comes to communication, they always address any questions or concerns I've had quickly, and they're always clear about when they need additional input from me. The facility itself is clean and well kept, and they do a great job looking after the people who live here.

Generally positive but needs improvement

Essentially positive experience as newcomer but:
There was a lack of information about many of the
where's and whys of atrial operation. I had to learn too
many things such as putting out my laundry, etc from
other renters. A brochure would have been so helpful
and comforting. Also waiting a half hour or more to be
just waited on in the dining room is not cool. I think we
deserve better.
On the plus side, the staff are all friendly and helpful as
are the people living here.
In summary, generally ok assessment but can we'll stand
improvement.

Katy Miller

Hi, Leslie. Thanks for being a part of our community and for your feedback. Our typical onboarding efforts seem to have fallen short and I apologize. Please feel free to share more with me at [removed].

With attention to details listed above atria would be first rate

Staff all friendly and accommodating. Dining room is
high spot compares with top restaurants in the city.
Som disappointment when I first took my apartment.
Both the sink and toilet in bathroom were dysfunctional.
Seems to me the working facilities of an apartment
should be checked out BEFORE the renter arrives.
I think the service people should be asked what
questions are mostly asked by the renters and then
make a compendium of it. Would make life easier for
both service people and new renters

Katy Miller

Hi, Leonard. Thanks for being a part of the Atria family. I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying our dining room services and appreciate your insight into how we can improve the move-in process. I'll be sure to share this with our community leadership team, and invite you to share any other feedback with me at [removed].

Awesome place

The staff is great and it is an awesome place. We have decided that we are going to move my Mom in. We think she will really enjoy herself there.

FORCE TO LEAVE - LEASE TERMINATED

Our initial tour and meeting led us to believe this would be the "Place for Mom". However, we were led to believe this would be her last place to reside only to be told she could not return after she was hospitalized.

We offered to pay for private duty nurses around the clock but received a cold letter telling us that Atria was terminating her lease.

This has been a difficult process since now we are left to search for another residence for her.

The cost and the emotional strain on my mother has been terribly upsetting.

I would NOT recommend Atria!!!

Kate Vance

Hi, Florence. We’d like to learn more about your experience with Atria Center City, so if you’re open to continuing the conversation, please reach out to us at [removed].

Warm welcome

Warm welcome and excellent support. Very friendly and helpful staff. Highly recommended!

We thought this was a very nice community.

We looked here when we were searching for a place that might work. We thought this was a very nice community. The people were friendly and it was kept clean. I don't think we are going to end up moving anywhere right now, but this was a nice place.

immaculate

Their attitude is impeccable for the most part. The place is immaculately clean. The people there are very nice.

They are not always consistent in how fast they respond when there is a need.

The place at Atria Center City is very nice. It is incredibly pricey, and I am not sure if I feel the value is there. They definitely provide a lot, but for the money... But then I know that all of these places are not cheap.

Kate Vance

We work hard to be the best senior living option available, which is why we put quality first and do everything we can to follow-through on our promise to provide the high level of service you pay for and expect. That’s why we also look for opportunities to improve when we can and continue enhancing your experience. Please feel free to reach out via [removed] if there anything we can do right now to better meet your needs and improve the level of service we provide. Including “Atria Center City” will allow us to quickly route your concerns to the appropriate directors. Thank you for your valuable feedback!

Beautiful, Elegant, Clean

Everyone has been incredibly helpful during the move-in process. I find the atmosphere to be very relaxing and elegant. It is very clean which is important to me and my mother. I would love to live here!!! Unfortunately, I'm too young. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone.

Very clean, smelled good. L...

Very clean, smelled good. Looks like a hotel. Wes Gates was knowledgeable and very helpful. We will probably go with this facility.

Super experience

My cousin enjoyed her 4 month stay. It met all of her needs.

Temporary but needed place to live

From long distance it was important that I feel confident my sister in law was taken care of. I feel she was.

Mom is happy, and that makes us happy.

The whole place really nice. The staff is very nice. Mom is happy, and that makes us happy. The area is great, it's very nice. A top rating from us. So far so good. They very efficient, and just right on top of it. She enjoys the food, and they have lots of activities. It's the place to be.

They were fantastic! I would move there myself.

They were fantastic! I would move there myself. It was more independent than what we needed though. They had a bar on the ground floor and they were very nice. There were a lot of additional charges for any assistance that might be needed, that would have really added up for us. Beautiful place though.

We chose Atria for it's beauty, locat...

We chose Atria for it's beauty, location and pleasant staff and that they were willing to do a respite stay for my husband when I needed to travel and he couldn't. The staff were all helpful , accommodating and pleasant. The food was abundant and mostly very good. Because we eat no meat or poultry we were limited in choices since there weren't many vegetarian dinners. I stayed one week to help him get acquainted .The only problem we had was a adjoining . apartment played the tv all night. The staff kept working on the problem until it was resolved. When we were packing the car to leave i couldn't get an item into the car and was going to leave it. A women volunteered to help ;came down to the parking area and made it fit. Turned out she was a nurse on staff going off duty. What a great staff!

entrance fee or monthly rental?

I am considering this for my parent? I need to know if it has an entrance fee (one-time lump sum, whether "refundable" in the future or not), or just monthly rental.
Thanks

Kate Vance

Thank you for your review and for your interest in Atria Center City. I encourage you to contact the community directly and we can provide you the specific details regarding any applicable fees and expenses. Please contact us at [removed] or via email at [removed].

Independent living

Staff are kind and helpful if you are independent in all activities and daily living needs. Facility is lovely, downtown Philadelphia. Common areas are clean, beautiful. It is like living in a 6 story apartment complex.

However This is not the place for anyone with memory deficits. If individual needs help with medications only, fine. Once confusion starts, and can not be independent with care and negotiating the facility, you are asked to leave or hire private aides to be with the resident as needed. This can be very costly, and more disruptive to the individual.

If your loved one is beginning to experience memory problems, please find a residence that can deal with cognitive impairments leading to dementia. Transition is quicker than you will expect, and the moving in and out can be very stressful.

we really enjoyed our visit...

we really enjoyed our visit. Wes, our guide, was friendly, real, and helpful even encouraging us to talk with residents. My husband , who was not eager to go back to phila. was very impressed with the . facilities atmosphere& area.

Everything You Could Want

Atria, I kind of fell in love with. When I'm ready it is probably one that I would elect to join or put my name down. It had everything you could possibly want. It's very beautiful and comfortable with 3 meals a day. I loved where it was down town and the person showing me around was just delighful as can be. Of all the ones that I saw this was the one that I thought was the best for me.

This was not the place for ...

This was not the place for me. Too many people all around. Parking was crazy. I call out side of the Atria Center City and cancel my appointment. Did not like area not all.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review and I am so sorry that you had difficulty with parking. We have parking available right under our building for the convenience of our residents and guests. If you have questions or would like to visit again at any time, please contact us at [removed] and include the Atria community name in your subject line. We would love to show you around and share what we can offer you.

Very caring staff

Since my siblings and I live out of town I called A Place For Mom and Sondra told us about Atria Center City. Our cousins were also familiar with Atria, so we were very please with the A Place For Mom process. I really like the way Atria took care of my mom, and how they handled everyone in our family. They were very caring especially when helping my mom adjust. I am also very impressed at how good the staff members are at knowing everybody who comes in. They remember residents and their apartment numbers and family members. They always make you feel comfortable. I also liked that they called me to invite us to see the property, very timely.

Still thinking but no batht...

Still thinking but no bathtubs no swimming no health club

LaDawn K.

We appreciate your review and I would like to address the concerns you mention. Due to the safety issues often associated with bathtubs, our apartments are equipped with private walk-in showers. Our residents find that the showers are much easier to navigate than tubs, and handrails add to the security. For residents who enjoy swimming, we provide transportation to take them to a local pool. Although swimming is a great form of exercise, we offer fitness classes twice a day for our residents to maintain their health. Available equipment includes light hand weights, resistance bands and other low-impact alternatives that can provide good results with less risk of injury than typical health club equipment geared towards a younger crowd. If we can answer any questions, please contact us at [removed] and include the Atria community name in your subject line. We hope you visit us again soon!

I visited this community and agree it...

I visited this community and agree it is a really nice place.