Windsor House - Spartanburg, SC

Poor place

I don't want to even give this place one star- For the amount of money they charge it should have been in tip top shape. There was filth under the bed, pieces of trash in the bureau drawers, and a pile of dirt in the same spot a week later.
Their method of dispensing food to each resident is haphazard - and unevenly distributed per plate.
My loved one said that the Med-Tech was like a barking dog named Hitler!
Don't put your loved one in this hole!

Older Establishment

The Windsor House was an older establishment. They said they were working on repairing, but it looked pretty run down and did not look very appealing for a place to have our loved one stay. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable when answering our questions. We really wanted something more uplifting and brighter for our loved one.

Close Enough To VIsit

We really like this community and Dad has been enjoying bingo here with help and good care from the nice staff. They keep the community clean and well maintained. My dad does like his meals here. Since Dad lives close, we get to visit him often. The staff are responsive to anything, we had a minor problem and after addressing it they resolved the problem.

Excellent Food

Our experience with Windsor House so far has been a good one. The place is very clean and well-kept it looks great. The Staff has been kind and helpful to my mother. She has partaken in some new activities and she really enjoys the food she said "it is delicious". Everything has been good and the people are nice here. It is a good community that I would recommend.

Dirty

My Dad has been in Windsor House about year and half, started off well and has gone down hill especially the last few months. Today we moved his bed and found actually feces on wall and under bed. I called for the director Andy to see the filth for himself, he didn't have much to say. I am completely heart broken for my father. I would not recommend this place at all!!

Smaller, More Intimate Community

I think they could improve a little on cleanliness. The floors are kind of sticky and there's kind of a smell. Otherwise it's a pretty good place. Mom understand that she has to be somewhere where people can take care of her. This one is closest to me. The next one would be 20, 30 minutes away. I see them play games and they watch tv and have live music and that sort of thing. I like it because it's smaller and more inimate. My mom has a room closer to the dining room and the rooms are nice and big.

nice facility, staff down to earth, ...

nice facility, staff down to earth, friendly. good vibes here

We visited and were very favorably im...

We visited and were very favorably impressed. The facility was very clean, no odors of any kind, everyone was friendly and welcoming. The facility was warm, cozy, comfortable and inviting, as was director. We were very impressed this facility is individually owned, therefore, not guided/directed by a large organization.

PROS - Loved this one, staff was very...

PROS - Loved this one, staff was very heart warming, caring, and personable. She visited this place as well and loved it too, left asking how soon she could move in, lol. CONS - Smallest center, not as many amenidies as the rest.