Brookdale Forest City - Forest City, NC

Brookdale Forest City - Forest City, NC has yet not published prices.

Nice facility but didn't get the best vibe

I toured this facility while looking for a place for my Father. It’s a very nice community and the staff members were nice to us. While we were touring the place, I didn’t get the best vibe. They let me know in the beginning that they did not have a bed available. I felt like the marketing director was just going through the motions of the tour because they didn’t have to sell it. She was knowledgeable and answered our questions. I would recommend other families to tour this facility.

Mom is very active!!

I have no complaints of how things are going for my mother since she made the move into this community. She has had some of the best therapy at this place and is becoming more active every single day. She is enjoying her dinning experience and is always saying how amazing the meals are. My mom likes the fact she has lots of varieties on the menu to choose from and fresh salad. Overall it has been the perfect fit and we are very happy.

Things are going great!!

My mother has recently made the move into this community and I have no complaints of how things are going for her. The staff have been wonderful to work with and I am comfortable with the care they have been providing her. The floor plan is easy to navigate through and the property is always kept clean with lots of great amenities for the residents. Overall I am happy with how things are going and would recommend it to anyone.

My Loved Ones Are Well Here

It has been a wonderful experience for my loved ones here at this community. They are being cared for well, they are pleased. It is a nice looking community, they do a very good job with the cleanliness. The staff is great, they are very caring and helpful. There many activities available for the residents. They are pleased with the meals, the food is good. I know they are safe and good hands here. This is a community that would get my recommendation.

Why not to use in-house doctors!

After many months of trying to take care of our dad, ourselves, we were faced with the truth, that dad needed more than we were able to offer. We searched and visited several facilities and decided on Brookdale Forest City. It seemed to be the nicest and most friendly of all the ones we visited, and it was close to home so we could visit easily. The directors there were nice and informative, although we don't feel there were enough "alternate" activities. If the resident did not want to participate in the activity, the only alternative was to sleep or watch tv.
We recently removed dad from Brookdale, because we felt his medical needs were not be properly attended to. It took almost 2 weeks to get the Doctor on call to do a test for UTI, even though we were constantly asking, we got fed up and took dad to the ER. While in the ER, The doctor from Brookdale called to let us know that dad did not have a UTI. 30 minutes later, we had the test from the hospital stating the dad Did have a UTI, he was admitted and was given intravenous antibiotics for 5 days!
We also had a full blood work done, among a battery of other tests, and it turns out that the hemorrhoids dad was being treated for at the home was actually rectal cancer, and was just given 6 months or less to live.
I don't have the words to express how upset we are.

My Loved Is Well Here

My loved one is doing great here at this community. The community looks great, they do a good job with the cleanliness. For the most part the staff is well, but there was one time when we had to take her to the hospital. There are activities listed, but I have never noticed any in memory support. She is satisfied with the food. Overall she is being cared well and I would recommend this community.

We are as happy as can be with the care provided here. I feel that he is safe in his community and they keep it clean. The staff are nice and respectful too. My husband thinks the food taste fine. I would recommend this community but warn that the price is high.

This was our first choice.

This was our first choice. We were impressed with what we saw here. It was clean and the staff was really nice, and helpful. They seemed to have a good set of activities. We ultimately couldn't afford this community, after our assessment and we found out what it would be for us. We really liked it though.

Carolina House of Forest City provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.