Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn - Spartanburg, SC

Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn - Spartanburg, SC has yet not published prices.

Review of Pacifica Senior Living

What a beautiful facility! I loved having an opportunity to play the beautiful new piano. Thanks for sharing your people with the Music Club.

Review of Pacifica Senior Living

Loved the new piano! What great addition :)

Review of Pacifica Senior Living

Had music program here and was impressed!

Review of Pacifica Senior Living

It is wonderful that music is an important part of this community.

Review of Pacifica Senior Living

Enjoyed seeing an apartment. It was very neat and inviting!

Poor administration, inadequate staff

ur mother was a resident here for 9 years - assisted living for 6 years, memory care for 3 years. We were assured skilled care would be available as more services were needed, however when that time came, we were turned away and forced to find care in another facility. We were told they were not accepting "new" patients in skilled care - this had not been shared with any of the current residents at the facility. Residents found this out only when services were needed. While a few staff members are good, most are rude, uneducated and lack the skill set necessary to deal with this vulnerable population. Most care very little about residents. Third shift staff is extremely lacking - this can be a very active time for dementia patients. It's worth noting there is no nurse on staff. If a nurse is needed, the resident is forced to seek care outside of the facility. Administration is cold, distant and lacking empathy. Pacifica is a west coast based business - this is the first, and only, facility in South Carolina.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. Falling short of meeting your expectations is not to the standards we strive to achieve. Your feedback helps us improve and we wish you and your family the best. Please let us know if we can be of assistance in the future, we are happy to help.
Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn Team

[Removed] was very helpful and we are moving my Dad there in mid-February!!!

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review! We are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience and we thank you for sharing!

Great Value for Services Offered

We had a great tour and left concluding that Pacifica offered a viable option for independent living in Spartanburg, SC. The price was particularly appealing in terms of affordability.

We found the tour director to be both informed and empathetic!

Pacifica Senior Living

Hello, we strive for 100% satisfaction, and it is great to see you had such a positive experience. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to help! We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Very warm with beautiful accommodations. Reasonable prices for very good comfort.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We appreciate it & hope to see you again!

Workers for assisted living did not great job with my mom. The other staff is very very slow to respond to questions. Lots of time never got response. No way to reach medical team that comes on site. Hard to reach anyone at Skylyn.
Received invoice for mom’s appt for next month after she had passed away.

Pacifica Senior Living

We regret to hear that you had this experience with us, our condolences on the passing of your mother. We appreciate you bringing this experience to our attention. Falling short of meeting your expectations is not to the standards we strive to achieve, and we apologize. Thank you providing this information so we can improve upon our services.
Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn

My wife and I are selling our home as it has become too much for us to care for. We checked many assisted living places and this one just spoke to us. The apartments were the perfect size for the two of us. The staff were professional and caring. Lots of room outdoors so we can continue taking our daily walks. They even offer transportation to appointments. Cant wait to sell our house!

Pacifica Senior Living

Thomas R., thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you.

Thank you to Tracy for the excellent tour. My husband and I were very impressed with this facility. I was pleased to see a piano in the common room. When mom is ready for her move she will feel so at home.

Pacifica Senior Living

very nice community with friendly staff and spacious apartments!

Not the right size

It was a nice tour of the Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn. The community looked very well kept and very clean. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. They were able to answer all of our questions. It is a very large community and we were looking for something smaller for our loved one where there would be more one on one care provided.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and hope that you find the community that best meets your needs. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you.

I was very impressed with Pacifica. [Removed] was very knowledgeable and intuitive. She gave me pertinent financial information and conveyed what community living would be like for my mother. I will continue to correspond with [Removed]. I look forward to taking my mom to one of Pacifica's outings.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. Your opinion is very important to us. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again.

I need a shower!

I did like this place a whole lot more until my friend went to visit my loved one and found that they were not bathing her regularly. She was in the same clothes for at least 2 days. The communication with them is okay. The community is also kept really clean.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. Would you please call the Executive Director, Michael at your convenience to discuss.

The Independent Care For My Mom

It has been going alright for my mom since moving in. She seems to be doing pretty good and has made some friends. The facility is clean for the guests and residents. The staff are nice but the maintenance workers take a long time to fix the requests.

smooth move

great staff worked with us to find best situation for mom, letting us meet with potential roommates. Helped us from beginning to time mom moved in making it a smooth move in for mom. only thing is housekeeping could be a little better

Expecting high quality of care for my family. Brookdale, Skylan is home to my mother.

My mom has a history of three falls last year. Living alone and with the family always working, she became isolated, not eating well, complaining of pain and little to no exercise. She has always been a social butterfly and very active for 80 years. I began to notice my mother's health decline over the past year. Guilt, mix feelings, tears and confusion came a part of my daily life. I am the only child living in the area and I am a home health nurse. Therefore, I know what it is like going into these facilities. I made visit after visit to many facilities. Tried different options, such as, hiring a sitter to clean house and/or cook meals. It was very expensive, as well as, unable to find someone to hold up to my expectations with the quality of care for my sweet 81 year old mother. I made several vist to Brookdale Skylan. First, I walked in unexpected on purpose. Next visit, I made an appointment. After several visits, we made the decision to move her into Brookdale Assisted Living. Brookdale is reasonably priced with hard working staff. For a short time after moving her in, I continued to have guilt. Mom started coming back to life, laughing, walking, talking about the staff and residents, I have no regrets or guilt now. She is walking daily, meeting new friends and running into old friends and co-workers from 40 years ago. She has started painting again and they have activities attends everyday, If she has time. I love the fact that the entire facility is under the same roof. Meaning, the connecting hallways are glass walkways. The residents can interact together in any season and never step outside. It has been 2 months and she Is so happy. The food is great. I will always stop by unexpected. You should always hold a facility to the highest standards and never take less quality than your family deserves. Brookdale is that facility meeting the highest standards I expect.. Make an appointment today! Tell them I sent you!

hire a real cook

My mother has officially moved in. The apartment is clean and spacious. The neighboring residents are very pleasant and inviting.
I would have to say that the 3rd floor is very hot and it is a very long distance to walk to dining. However, I suppose the walk is good exercise. I am told that the suppers are not very good.
I am hoping she will get very involved in the activities.
I would like to personally meet all the management staff.
Of course, I met the marketing dept and the receptionist.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review.

Very friendly and clean.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review. We appreciate it & thank you for your review.

Impressive

Wonderful, caring staff. Everyone was so helpful and friendly. The atmosphere was more like a resort vacation spot.

terrible

The care given at Emeritus at Skylyn Place is terrible. Crucial medicine was not given to Dad the first 3 days he was here. I did a better job taking care of him at home. We gave the staff all the information they needed to take care of him but they would never follow up on it. I would not recommend this facility. Dad only stayed here 2 weeks and we decided it was best to take him out.

Brookdale Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are committed to continuous quality service and care and will share your feedback with our management team.

Friendly, accommodating staff

Our experience with Emeritus at Skylyn Place has been a good one so far! The staff here has been very accommodating, and really went out of their way to help our loved one get settled in. It is a large facility, and after being placed on a wait list at a few other communities it was nice to find somewhere with plenty of availability! We moved my loved one into assisted living, but when it became clear she needed memory care they were able to get her transitioned to a new room overnight!

We are pretty happy with them but, there are some things that could be better.

We are pretty happy with them but, there are some things that could be better. She doesn't like the food so much, but she loves the desserts. I feel that the dining room that isn't on the independent side, they get kind of skimped on, and they run out of things frequently. It feels like they get the left overs. The independent dining room has a salad bar, but the others dining rooms don't. It doesn't seem that everyone gets the same quality. Housekeeping doesn't seem as thorough as I would have thought. Lately, I have noticed some odors in the hall that were unbearable. I would like to see them do more inviting people to activities, rather than just sign ups posted on a bulletin. It would be nice if they seemed interested in keeping the residents as independent as possible for as long as possible. When I chose them, I had the impression that the care would be more attentive, but it can take a long time for them to respond to a call bell. I also thought the dining rooms were all the same. They are really friendly, and I love Cindy, she is wonderful.

Brookdale Senior Living

We appreciate you taking the time share your feedback. We will share your feedback with our management team.

It's been okay.

It's been okay. There were a few hiccups at first, but we pretty much worked it out. The biggest concern has been the number of staff is not being what I would like. I would say they are a little understaffed. I haven't really had any complaints about food.

So Far it has been very good

Were still having to work out some issues with expectations. So far it has been very good. The staff is very friendly and kind. I can't rate the care services and activities yet. So far so good. It has been a pleasant experience. The Emeritus at Skylyn Place is nice.

Not a good experience

Things did not work out well here for my loved ones, and they moved out only a few weeks after moving in, they just were not happy here. The place just seemed severely understaffed, and the care and cleanliness in the facility suffered for it.

Look closely and ask the hard questions before signing.

My parents have been living there for a few months and it seems they are understaffed. What's more some of the talks I'm getting from the staff seems like it's more of being a tattle-tale than a care provider. There are issues where their call buttons have gone unanswered or it takes 30 minutes or longer to respond. As for the food, I was told that it was good and was only going to get better, but I hear that it's tolerable during the week and much worse on the weekends, even after Brookdale has taken over and "improved the menu". The thing I couldn't get them to understand is that regardless of what's on the menu, what really matters is how it's prepared. This week for instance, Fried Chicken was on the menu, but it was burnt by the time it was delivered to the secondary dining room so there was one of the entree options that was unavailable. Long story short, I don't know how much longer we will we will give them, but I do know that if the staff doesn't eat there for a deeply discounted price), what does that tell you about the quality of their food?

love them!

Emeritus at Skylyn Place is a wonderful place! The staff there have all been very friendly and very helpful. They went out of their way to help us. It is a great room, and they matched her up with a roomate that works really well. We have walked in unexpected several times and have always been impressed with what we have seen. They are very friendly and we just love them!

Uncaring Management

When my sister moved into this facility she was given permission to have her 2 cats live there. Then after 6 years and 5 different roommates, management said that she was never supposed to have the cats in the first place. They claimed pets were not allowed in companion rooms and the cats had to be removed immediately. Management stated that they did not know about the cats even though everyone else that worked there new about them. This has caused my sister so much heartache. I have to wonder what else management doesn't seem aware of.

If you are looking at Skylyn place keep looking

I put my mother in Skylyn Place she fell one night about 3 am and laid there for 4 hours before she got help. The staff did not know how to work the emergency button.
I had to go check on my mother about 6 months ago about 1 am and found the staff member asleep in the office.
2 months ago she fell and could not get help so she called me, I told her to call 911, the staff member that was carrying the emergency pager left it in the dinning room and left work, did not tell any one she was leaving ( she still works there) every one I have talked with complains about the quality of food they serve there residents and staff included. I wish I could some other place to put my mother but I'm afraid of jumping out of the frying pan into the fire.

Sam Pollock

Our records show that our Executive Director at the time reached out to you and resolved any issues regarding the first instance of falling. Regarding the second instance, we apologize that the staff member carrying the emergency pager left her position early and did not tell anyone she was leaving. This is against our policies and she was terminated for not following procedure. We have hired a new Resident Aid to fill her position, as well as other new staff members to ensure that our seniors are receiving the care they deserve.
As mentioned in another response here, the kitchen has recently gone through renovations and during this time, our meals were cooked in a mobile trailer and then transported into the dining room. This could have affected the quality of our meals, however, now that our new kitchen is up and running, we are excited to show you just how good our food can be. If any further concerns regarding the food, please feel free to contact our Dining Services Director, and for any concerns regarding the rest of your experience with us at Skylyn Place, we invite you to contact our community management team.

Good and bad

I think Skylan place is a great place for my mom to keep active with people her own age. I also think they offer great transportation for the seniors to get out and still be independent and not rely on family members to get them to appointments. Where I think they could improve is the quality of food they serve at lunch and dinner. I would give it a grade of C and that is being generous. I also think unless the facility is at maximum capacity they should not be raising the rent annually 10% for people living on a fixed income. I understand that you have to run a business and do what's best to keep the place going, but I highly recommend you eating lunch and dinner for a week at this establishment and you would agree with me.

Sam Pollock

We are pleased to hear that your mother is loving her time here at Skylyn Place. Regarding your comments concerning our meals, we understand the importance of quality, nutritious meals for our seniors, and we are pleased to inform you that we have recently completed a renovation of our kitchen. During the time the renovation was taking place, our meals were prepared in a mobile trailer and then transported into the dining room. This may have affected the quality of the meals served and for that we apologize. We have completed our renovation and our Dining Service Director is now working a new shift so that he can be available for both lunch and dinner service. We are excited to show you just how good our food can be. Regarding the annual price increase, we unfortunately do not have any control over that at the community level. We invite you to reach out to our community management team with any further concerns.

Skylyn Place is beautiful, ...

Skylyn Place is beautiful, light and airy. The Companion Room we chose lets the residents have a roommate, yet complete privacy. The People there both staff and residents are wonderful! This is the place I want to go if I need to.

The staff is really friendly. They do a really good job with the activities,

They are going through a remodel, so that affects the cleanliness and can make things a little chaotic. The staff is really friendly. They do a really good job with the activities, and offering a variety of things to do. There really isn't anything I would like to see improved or done better. The only thing I hear about the food is that it's not always hot when she gets it.

Awaiting cost based on care

Awaiting cost based on care

Very friendly staff

They do a great job here, my loved ones really seem to have found somewhere they like. It's a nice looking, clean community, and the staff have all been very friendly. They do an excellent job with the services they provide, in terms of both care and the community activities.

Did not go into this place ...

Did not go into this place as we couldn't get pass the outside. It was very unkept and dirty looking so was not interested.

We thought this would be th...

We thought this would be the perfect spot. We liked that Independent Living was available and then our loved one could move into Assisted Living when needed. Did not like the $1,000 - $5,000 community fee.

So far she loves it.

So far she loves it. They could do a little better with cleaning. Every now and then you see a cockroach. I want them to get rid of the bugs. To me one bug is too many. They could step up the activities a little more. When I went in I liked the way it looked, and the apartment was beautiful. The only thing is that we come from up north and there isn't much diversity here. She gets along with anybody, so having a little more diversity among the residents would be nice.

Excellance in senior living

Emeritus at Skylyn Place was unknown to me as I could not find it on the Web, but A Place for Mom found it for me. I am very pleased with my new location.

It is a great community. Our loved on...

It is a great community. Our loved one is very happy here. The staff is very friendly and helpful. It really is just a great community and is a good fit for our loved one. We would recommend this community to anyone.

My mother moved in about three weeks ...

My mother moved in about three weeks ago, and there's a large getting used-to curve for her. The building is over 30 years old, and they've finally gotten the approval to remodel the building but it's still ragged around the edges.

There's always an RN available, not on every floor but 24/7.

I'm really not familiar with everything they offer in activities yet, but it seems a reasonable amount to keep people busy if they choose.

Too far, too many meals inc...

Too far, too many meals included, community laundry facilities not preferred. Social activities too limited.

I AM AWAITING A RETURN CALL FROM DIRE...

I AM AWAITING A RETURN CALL FROM DIRECTOR TO VISIT AGAIN FOR THE CHANCE TO SEE A LARGER APARTMENT ON FIRST FLOOR. I HOPE THAT I WILL BE ABLE TO HAVE ONE FOR ME AND MY DOG. THE FOOD COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER, NEEDED HEATING ALSO A NURSING HOME WAS A PLUS

Pacifica Skylyn is a luxurious senior living community located in a peaceful residential area of Spartanburg, South Carolina. Our community is ideally located on the east side of the city near the fine shopping, dining and medical facilities. Spartanburg is a charming city with a lively performing arts scene, which our residents and their families regularly take time to enjoy. Home to several colleges, the Spartanburg Science Center and SAM Art Gallery, Spartanburg is a great place for people of all ages to call home.