Gardens Care & Rehabilitation - East Orange, NJ

Gardens Care & Rehabilitation - East Orange, NJ has yet not published prices.

Review of Gardens Care & Rehabilitation

They are taking good care of my loved one. It's better than the other place he was in. The staff are polite. They talk with me about what's going on with him. Sometimes they need to clean more and just bring it to their attention. Their communication is great. When they cannot get a hold of me they call my mom.

Review of Gardens Care & Rehabilitation

When I got there I found him clean. The service was adequate and good. I do not think he got the therapy. The nursing care was excellent. I liked the nurse who worked in the afternoon. Everybody was nice. It was fine and clean. The food was good and hot.

Review of Gardens Care & Rehabilitation

We are very happy with Gardens Care! The people are all so friendly.

Review of Gardens Care & Rehabilitation

It is excellent. They are taking really good care of my nephew. The therapy was fine. They always call me if something happens with him.

Review of Gardens Care & Rehabilitation

Gardens is pretty good. They have great communication and they give great care. Everything is up to par. No issues. They provide the right diet that he needs. They all did what they needed to do for his care.

Review of Gardens Care & Rehabilitation

I'd recommend Gardens Care.

Review of Gardens Care & Rehabilitation

The front desk and social workers are good. It took them almost a week to pick up laundry and no one could answer when the laundry day was. It took almost a week to get her medicine. Toilet seat had come off. It's still broken. The smell is bad at times. The floor in the room needs mopping. Someone needs to help write it down because she can't eat things brought to her. No one has reached out. I had a nice conference but then I was not aware of all the issues I have now.

Review of Gardens Care & Rehabilitation

Every time I call she is always eating. Sometimes I would like to have one of their meals! However, it does not look modern at all. Some of the nurses do not communicate with me about making changes. The therapy could be better but it is not horrible. They try to keep it as clean as they can but it is run down. Everybody their needs to improve with their communication.

Truthfully told

The place stinks the staff at Windsor Garden is very arrogant disrespectful the food is terrible the state needs to close the place down you have rodents and roaches everywhere the place is trash they try to hide a lot of the bad stuff when the state does their yearly check on the nursing home

Review of Venetian Care & Rehabilitation Center

When we come to see him they were very courteous. They seem to be very interested. They are very courteous when they call. There's a lot to eat and he seems to enjoy it. They communicate very well and tell me what the doctor says.

Review of Gardens Care & Rehabilitation

They try to treat her right, and try to help her do things. And they give her food and get her to eat and clothes. Everything she enjoys I guess. They try to do best they can.

Review of Gardens Care & Rehabilitation

I have not heard much from the facility up until this point however this leads me to assume she is doing well there. I am satisfied with the care and their level of communication.

Review of Gardens Care & Rehabilitation

The staff is very nice, engaging, caring, and pleasant. The administrator is very welcoming and listens to suggestions and is open. They resolve issues if there's a hiccup, not a problem. I'd recommend it to anyone! I'm ready for him to go back there when he gets out of the hospital to start rehab. They follow excellent protocol, it's been excellent so far. The staff is great, very nice! It's very clean too.

Review of Gardens Care & Rehabilitation

She is happy there and the staff is nice. The administrator is very nice. I would give her money in my will if I could. They call me and let me know when things happen. It needs to be cleaner though. That is my greatest gripe about it. The smell is awful. I am in and out of nursing homes all day long and never smelled anything like it and their excuse for it does not make sense. My mother is going to complain about the food if Jesus made it. And she can't cook.

Review of Gardens Care & Rehabilitation

The aides are very nice to me. Those in contact were nice and helpful. Sometimes I see she needs changing sometimes and if call they will come. The smell bothers me when I come in. Visitors are impacted with the smell when they come in. The elevator needs cleaning.

Review of Gardens Care & Rehabilitation

The nurses treat the clients like one of their own. They are family oriented. My loved one is doing better and there has been a great improvement. I have no problems with the service they have. The staff do very well. They provide very good care on the cleanliness and maintenance. He loves the food. He is healthier and gained the weight he needed to gain.

Review of Gardens Care & Rehabilitation

Some days are good and some days are not good. Some of the nurses are not bad and some are good. They do the best they can. So far they are friendly. I talk to the social worker. The floor is wet and there is paper on the floor. It smells like urine. There is a roommate who is not clean. The patients roam around.

Review of Gardens Care & Rehabilitation

When my daughter was first admitted we brought her a lot of clothing The clothing was stolen. We requested meeting to figure out a plan with the staff. Although this facility is better than another facility she was in this incident raised some concerns. The facility has since handled the situation. I would also like to mention that it would be very helpful for the facility to have a group that family members could gather that would shed some light on mental illness or a support group to discuss the family's experiences and offer solutions.

Review of Gardens Care & Rehabilitation

Certain nurses she likes. I've complained about her roommates several times. The bathrooms don't stay clean and she is not using it so the other folks are messing it up. I have had to get on them about doing things to her without letting me know. Her TV is turned off and she can't do it. There are ants and mice in her room.

Review of Gardens Care & Rehabilitation

He is getting therapy it is okay, he is getting up and down. They seemed to be overwhelmed. It has not been a good experience at all. I've had a hard time trying to get information. Lots of patients and not enough staff.

Review of Gardens Care & Rehabilitation

They don't keep the place clean. They are not giving him the right food. Needs help adjusting the oxygen. I have to talk to the aides sometimes to get them to be nice to him. I call and talk to social worker but that is not medical and the doctor has not called me.

Review of Gardens Care & Rehabilitation

Certain floors are better than others, the whole place needs a transformation. I've only met one good nurse but she's no longer on that floor. The facility is nasty, and the nurses are nasty. Every visit I have to have a confrontation with them because there aren't doing their job. Management is good, one of the directors there does well. The staff overall could improve on communication.

Review of Gardens Care & Rehabilitation

When I call the staff is not listening when I call. It smells all the time and it is filthy. They can improve the staff and the decor. Some of them don't listen and try to make you think you do not know what you are talking about had they are not nice. There were roaches in the room and it smells. The food is horrible.

Review of Gardens Care & Rehabilitation

There were some good nurses there. There was one evening nurse who took good care of my mom. But there was lots of miscommunication between the doctor and nurses. They called me on the phone to tell me my mom had passed away and no one ever even followed up with me. Not one call, zilch. When it came to getting money they called. About her health, nothing. I had to call the doctor to find out.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center

Windsor Garden is excellent, very good. The nursing care is excellent. The meals are okay.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center

They are attentive, they update me, the nurses and aides will call me. The aides are nice. They do a good job taking care of him! They let me know if he fell, or if he doesn't feel good, or if they're taking him out. They do a good job letting me know.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center

Windsor Garden is a good nursing home. Their lobby area could use some updating. It could be a little more inviting. They do reach out during urgent times. However, a monthly update would be nice to receive, such as a phone call especially because I do not live in the state and it would be nice to get check-ins regarding her condition.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center

The staff are great. They communicate with us well. The nursing care is good. There are small things like understaffing, and the laundry is not done right because her things never come back to her. Her coat was lost. It's pretty clean. We're not too fond of the meals.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center

It is okay and it is old. The therapists are doing an excellent job with my loved one.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center

The staff are patient. I like the director. The nurses are very nice and kind. I asked them to take care of an issue and they have done a good job and the communication is good. My concern was taken care of the same day. The meals seem to be pretty good.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center

They have been taking care of my loved one for several years and most things are taken care of. The more I'm there, more on top of it the staff are. The staff smile and are friendly. It's very clean. When not there, I'm more concerned about his care, but they do reach out to me. They also have quarterly meetings and they answer my questions and they accommodate my requests.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center

The staff could be quicker to respond when you ask a question. They are very good at communicating though.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center

My loved one's phone was not working and they were going to fix it. They are checking into this today. Some of the staff are very nice that I speak with by phone. They are pretty nice. I like the social worker and the woman at the front desk.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center

My loved one likes one of the nurses. She had a problem with lost clothing though. The staff are not compassionate or sensitive. There needs to be more activities.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center

The care seems okay. It could be because it needs to be renovated, not filthy but needs remodeling. It doesn't look as clean as newer places. They do inform me if a crisis or issues occur.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center

I think they are average. The rehab services are good. I like the admissions person.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center

They didn't do good job, the place is horrible!

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center

We were not pleased with the experience. We found the facility to be unsanitary, the staff to be very overwhelmed, and we felt as though he did not receive proper care while at this facility. Also, the building needs to have a better security system.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center

I talk with my loved one every day and he seems okay. He is doing very well in rehab. The staff are very nice. The facility is very clean and nice. I talk to someone every day.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center

It has been excellent with the staff. My loved one has been coming along well and she has gained weight. They took all of my feedback and they are helping. I like her nurse. Communication is excellent and every time I have contacted them they are great. The case manager has been excellent. I like the director of admissions. I also like the director of social work.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center

All the staff is wonderful. The food is okay, not like a home cooked meal.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center

My loved one is happy and I know they have taken care of her. The rehab is great. The meals look good and smell good. If there are any problems, I would like to know immediately not later in the day.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center

They take care of my loved one very well. The nurses are very good. Communication in general is very good. My one complaint is that he does not get his clothes back after they are laundered.

I like the service.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center

It has been a good experience. The staff care and nursing care is great. It is old but clean.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center

The staff work with us really well and he is safe there. His medical needs are met and he is taken to the hospital if needed. I have never had a negative experience. In general it is clean but I have noticed a smell sometimes. As far as I know the meals are good. I have been in communication with the staff and they keep us informed. Everyone in the social work department really works with us and have been great.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center

It was clean. The facility has not reached out to me so far.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center

I would recommend Windsor Garden to a friend.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center

The nurses could be a little more responsive to the needs of the family members as well as the patients. They should have more availability to the family members and give more information. She does not like the food but she does have a special diet.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center

My uncle has been there for numerous years and they don't always let me see him when I'm there. 80% of staff is good, they smile and wave. 20% don't care about their job, they don't smile, and don't treat me, the visitor, with respect like they should. They don't shower my uncle daily. They should make sure he is ready for pickup when they know I am coming.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center

Every now and then she enjoys her meals but overall having better quality food would help. They should have hallway sprays available to patients and visitors. I am proactive about communication with them.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center

This is our first time in a nursing home and the experience is not quite what we expected. I am concerned with the cleanliness of the facility. The smell of the facility could use improvement. They have good meals here though and my brother enjoys them.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center

I have repeatedly asked the facility to make sure the correct people would be contacted on the patient’s behalf and this was not done.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center

There have been complaints and issues with my sister. I had to come and help bathe her. It is the people they hire to work there. I refuse to leave her there. A couple of the therapists were great. A few of the aides and one of the social workers were good as well. Overall they did not keep me very informed.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center

He does not care for it. Sometimes is really smells in there. He is okay with the meals.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center

Some of the nurses are wonderful. It is clean but it smells bad. Sometimes the staff have bad attitudes. He complains about the meals.

Review of Windsor Garden

I would recommend Windsor Garden. So far everything is going well at the facility and they are fulfilling their purpose. They did call me when my mom had an incident.

Review of Windsor Garden

My aunt is still at the facility and it is going well there. The nursing care is the best. The meals are great.

Review of Windsor Garden

The staff is very helpful, especially right now. She is declining fast and had to be moved to another unit in the facility. It is cleaner than most facilities. Everything is above average!

Review of Windsor Garden

I feel that the facility is not catering to my loved one's dietary needs and that is where the issue is.

Review of Windsor Garden

The nurses are very good. It is very clean. If something happens they call me. Sometimes she is terribly wet and they are short staffed. Some of the aides do not do what they are supposed to do and they may be short staffed. They try to help though.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center

The therapists are the most informative staffers, and they really go above and beyond. The nursing staff is too busy. The kitchen staff is okay, and housekeeping is doing a great job. Some things are just really old, and it's unsanitary. The social services are disorganized and unprofessional. They scheduled a conference call with me and never called. They miscommunicated between themselves and nobody told me they had rescheduled it. I have to be proactive if I want information. I have to call and I keep getting transferred. The first night we got there it took more than two hours for someone to help change my grandpa. The lady who changed him was so nasty that I spoke with a supervisor. The supervisor helped the situation, but I was still upset.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center

The care is okay, but it is a dirty place. I do not like it. The appearance is not good.

Review of Windsor Garden

I think the staff is pretty good with the PT and I'm happy with my father's results. The recovery time was amazing to get around without his cane. I cannot thank them enough. They took care of my mom in the past too. The people were wonderful. I would like to see the rooms updated a little bit. It was pretty clean. The coordinator there would come up and check on the rooms and they were on top of it. She was wonderful. She let him see his dog, a service dog. She straightened this out for him to see his dog. My father enjoyed the meals. He was very happy. My mother was happy there too. They took real good care of her.

Review of Windsor Garden

I would recommend Windsor Garden. Everything was very good, but they can improve by giving the patients their medicine on time. The only issue is that they don't bring her the medicine when she needs it.

Review of Windsor Garden

I like the facility, it is excellent! This is the second time I've brought her here. I like the physical therapist. He helps her get better and is very good with her. The staff is really excellent, they treat the patients like family. The place is warm and friendly, a very friendly atmosphere! It's clean, too. The food is excellent - my mother devours it! I'm here every day.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center

I appreciate everything they do for my loved one.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center

The experience was good. The therapy was very nice. The staff were good, I liked them. They were very nice. It was very clean. The food was not bad at all, and everything was good. They were very good at keeping me informed, and they even sent text messages!

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center

The experience is excellent. The nurses are perfect. The meals are perfect. I visit every day. They tell me what is going on.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center

So far their attendance to the patients is good and my mother has not complained. They are good. My mother has not complained. The dining area is good. My mother does not complain about the meals. When I first came here, the admittance could have been better. There was no one around to help. They should always be there.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center

All the staff I come in contact with are friendly. The care during the day is good, but my loved one has been complaining about the care at night. They don't respond to her call button, even when people walk past the room. They ignore her. She has to lie in a diaper for hours before anyone will come change her. My loved one doesn't like the food. They're always cleaning so that's good.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center

The service could be better. The roommates were complaining that they were left unattended when they needed to be changed. The nurses were nice people and did what they had to do. They were great. The aides were helpful and good, but they were understaffed. Their attitude and demeanor were great. They were pleasant people. I did not see anything out of place or filthy. However my loved is in the hospital because she caught an infection at the facility. They needed to inform us more of what is going with her.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center

The staff call me and keep in touch to let me know what is going on. It could be a little cleaner. Sometimes when you walk in, there is a smell. I have seen them clean recently. My loved one has not complained about the meals.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center – East Orange, NJ

They are doing a lot, and going forward we'll see more improvement. When my loved one fell, they called me and let me know.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center – East Orange, NJ

I appreciate the way they care for my loved one. They answer all the questions I ask and they get right back to you. However I think they need to re-paint the facility. It looks kind of dull in there.

Review of Windsor Garden Care Center – East Orange, NJ

I would recommend Windsor Garden. My loved one said the therapists are working with him well. The meals look like they're okay, but my loved one isn't getting the right food for his diet. It doesn't look too clean to me, though. The whole thing needs to be painted and updated. As far as keeping me informed, I haven't heard much about my loved one's care.

Review of Windsor Gardens

I like how they treat my loved one. She has to be fed and they are doing a good job doing that. The facility is clean, every room is clean, and the beds are made. They always call me to keep me informed.

Windsor Garden Care Center provides high quality skilled nursing and rehabilitative care in a friendly and modern environment. We are proud to be one of a select number of facilities certified in the Eden Alternative, a progressive and person-centered approach to elderly care.

Windsor Garden Care Center is located minutes from the Garden State Parkway and Interstate 280 in Essex County. In a recently refreshed building, Windsor Garden is a CMS 5-Star Skilled Nursing Community offering a comprehensive range of nursing and rehabilitation services.

Our compassionate skilled nursing team is dedicated to addressing the unique medical, social, and emotional needs of every individual. Our dedicated rehabilitation program is partnered with Kessler.Core, an affiliate of the renowned Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation.