The Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation at Cedar Grove - Cedar Grove, NJ

The Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation at Cedar Grove - Cedar Grove, NJ has yet not published prices.

• 24-hour Emergency Call Response
  • Post-Operative Care
  • Personalized care plans
  • Skilled Nursing
  • Wound Care / VAC
  • Fine dining service for breakfast, lunch and dinner
  • Cable Included
  • Free Wifi
  • Respiratory Therapist
  • Short Term Rehab

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

It is very clean. The nurses and everyone working there are very kind and very attentive. The staff are all very helpful and attentive. It was just yesterday that I spoke to a dietitian to give my loved one whole wheat bread instead of white. They could ask patients if they want wheat or white bread.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

It is a nice place for my loved one to stay and get the care that he needs. The nurses are very helpful and always busy. They are able to provide me with good information. The staff is very friendly. When he pushes the buzzer for help, sometimes he waits too long. There are times when they do not upkeep the room very well. The meals are good.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

The therapy is excellent. The facility is clean. The food is good. The staff talk to me. I think the third floor is very understaffed. That is the biggest problem. All the residents waiting are older and impatient, and they get nasty with the aides. It's not the aides' fault, nor the residents' fault either. When therapy is ready for residents in the morning, they aren't ready, and the aides get the brunt of it.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

Everyone is nice to her. She loves everybody. Everyone is nice and polite. They're not too set on a schedule, so my mother doesn't know what's going on. The last facility she stayed at was more structured and she liked that. She has a lot of problems with food because they don't get the menu straight. For example, asking for pancakes and she gets muffins. They are not as organized as we thought they would be. I know they are doing the best that they can. There are just a few things that could use improvements. She's okay with the therapy. I would like her to get a little bit more, but so far everything is running smoothly. She has had to do things on her own because she requested nurses' attention, but they never came to her, so she did things that she wasn't supposed to do to get what she needed. She hates the food.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

It's good. I think sometimes they could act a little faster, but that's about it. Their friendliness is good. It is very clean. The meals are good. They're good at keeping me informed.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

The staff is very friendly. They are very good at keeping me informed about my mom's care. I am not happy with the food though. Things get served cold, or hard as a rock. My mom would often just eat a salad.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

The response time could be quicker. The staff and their attitude are great. If they see me in the hallway, they are very informative.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

My first time there was phenomenal. The staff is amazing. The therapists are pushing me to the limit, and I want that. Everything is great except the food. The food is brutal. Downstairs dining is nice, and in-room dining sucks. You got some brand new people that are awesome at keeping me informed.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

My friend was there for rehabilitation. They were pretty friendly. I understand it's difficult for him to get around, but every time I was there, he was in bed. At another rehab, he was at least sitting up in a chair. The facility is very old and needs updating. I thought it was pretty clean. It just needs updating. Meals were adequate. In the week and a half, I talked to the social worker two or three times. I never spoke to the doctor. I would prefer the doctor call me at least every other day. It makes it difficult for the caregiver when there isn't enough communication.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

The staff has all been very helpful. The nurse always helps me and gives me good advice. They do keep me somewhat updated. But there seems to be a disconnect between the people that come in and the people who bring my father clothes. I bring clean clothes and they say there is no clean clothes. Also it seems to be understaffed. My father seems to be sitting in his diaper for a very long time. The last time they sent him home, he still couldn't walk. I'm hoping this time they send him and he can actually walk. The facility needs to be updated. It's been there for a long time, it needs a face-lift. The elevator is always out. My father hasn't complained about the meals.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

My husband is very happy with the treatment he gets in the therapy. Everybody is very pleasant. He's had meals brought to his room and he hasn't had any issues with the food. The communication is very good. My husband has been there before, a few years ago. But it seems like the care has changed a lot. It's hard for him to get a nurse. This time, they're not even trying to get him to go to the bathroom himself. He was hoping that he can be the way he was before, and they are not working with him on that. They don't allow him to do things on his own and don't allow him to leave his wheelchair. The staff are lazy and push things off on the nursing assistants.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

My father's care was okay, but the building was filthy dirty. I would not send anyone to the floor my father was on. The staff were quite friendly. I just didn't want to get into all the issues because I knew I couldn't change them.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

My loved one's clothes are stolen and not washed up correctly. She is in a room with an aggressive roommate and had a conversation with the facility to move her, but nothing happened for a week. She is barely being supervised. I tried to find administrative people, and the staff would give me attitude. It is the worst place.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

In the beginning when we first were admitted there, it was an entirely different facility. People are nice there but they have new people. I haven't seen it as nice and clean as it used to be. I called the nurses numerous times and they are very busy and I understand that. Eventually I got information. My brother is going to the dining room he was very happy and the food is great. They were helping him eat and feeding him when he needed it. He was alright with that. They are very nice but they could come to the room more. My brother's room has a terrible odor and there are things thrown on the floor. I noticed some of the bedding had stains. It's not a pleasant room to be in.

Review of The Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation at Cedar Grove

So far everything is very good. My loved one likes the rehab; he gets to walk around. It's a very clean place.

Review of The Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation at Cedar Grove

Everything is great so far! I'd recommend the Canterbury.

Review of The Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation at Cedar Grove

They were great! Very, very good. My loved one did therapy two hours a day. It was very clean. She enjoyed the food.

The Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation at Cedar Grove - Cedar Grove, NJ

I'd recommend the Canterbury. It needs a face lift, but they do keep my loved one's room clean.

The Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation at Cedar Grove - Cedar Grove, NJ

I'd recommend this rehab. They could improve on getting more staff. The food is not very hot when received, either.

The Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation at Cedar Grove - Cedar Grove, NJ

They were very accommodating to my mom and were able to provide a warm environment for her. From what I've seen I'm very pleased, she's happy and she's safe. The food looked very healthy and smelled very good. She liked it. The staff are very sweet and communicated frequently with me about the process of her transitioning to her new place. As far as something to improve on, a little upkeep needs to be made. My mom's faucet was leaking and the knob doesn't close all the way. General maintenance like gluing tiles back down would be nice.

The Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation at Cedar Grove - Cedar Grove, NJ

I'd recommend the Canterbury. They have been very helpful! They attend to him with care. However they don't clean his feeding tube after he eats and I've had to do it myself several times.

The Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation at Cedar Grove - Cedar Grove, NJ

Everyone there has been wonderful and attentive.

In the heart of Cedar Grove, Canterbury Care & Rehabilitation Center offers personalized care in a welcoming atmosphere. The Canterbury at Cedar Grove is proudly one of a small handful of facilities in New Jersey certified in the Eden Alternative, a progressive and person-centered approach to elderly care. We empower our residents to make choices in all aspects of their wellness and daily living, promoting an enhanced quality of life.

Canterbury’s medical and rehabilitative sub-acute care is tailored to each individual’s unique needs. We provide therapy up to seven days per week, using individualized care plans that promote whole-person wellness.

Under the principles of the Eden Alternative, our compassionate staff at The Canterbury at Cedar Grove is committed to ensuring that the medical, social, and emotional needs of each individual are met.