Canterbury Care & Rehabilitation - Cedar Grove, NJ

Canterbury Care & Rehabilitation - Cedar Grove, NJ has yet not published prices.

• 24-hour Emergency Call Response
  • Post-Operative Care
  • Personalized care plans
  • Skilled Nursing
  • Wound Care / VAC
  • Fine dining service for breakfast, lunch and dinner
  • Cable Included
  • Free Wifi
  • Respiratory Therapist
  • Short Term Rehab

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

The rehab is very good. My mom is always complaining about food, no matter where it is from. So far so good and I have a conference planned. I have spoken with the doctors.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

I had a nice meeting today with them. My loved one was there before and they did a great job then. So far everyone is very attentive and patient with her and there were difficulties but she is better. The facility is in tip top shape. There are no concerns. They take the time to listen. There were a couple of nurses who are very helpful and a couple of social workers.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

The facility did a very nice job! The staff was all wonderful and the care provided was excellent! All of the nurses are excellent! There is one in particular, who was just a wonderful nurse for my son. We did have some trouble with communication while at the facility. When I would attempt to reach out to my son's phone in his room it would connect to the nurses' station before transferring to his room. Someone would have to then bring the phone call to him. This was sometimes a hassle and made it not very easy to get a hold of him.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

The therapy is helping. My loved one has not had any complaints. It seems to be cleaner than other facilities I have been in. I have only talked with social worker and the therapist. They went over a treatment plan. He is not happy with the meals and I bring food to him.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

I find like every place, they have one or two nurse per section. One of the nurses is quite pleasant and good. I'm not getting feedback though, it's very busy and there's poor communication. The doctor said he didn't have records that I had brought in. They ask me the same questions over and over.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

The care is pretty good and very thorough. My loved one has been there for 28 years. Their communication is very good. Every little thing, they call me.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

The people give good care there. Sometimes there's issues with staffing though and they need more. The nurses all have very good bedside manners, at least the ones that take care of him do. They talk to me, and I talk to them.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

The nurses are very personable and willing to help out whatever is needed. It needs to be remodeled. The cleanliness needs improvement.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

The recreation staff are friendly and update me on how my husband is doing. A few times I have been there in the afternoon and he is still in bed and not washed or on the floor and I have asked that he should be out of bed by a certain time.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

The administrator has been helpful. One of the other staff went out of his way for my dad. It is under construction. The kitchen was not up and running. Everyone in general needs to improve their communication.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

My loved one likes the food! Communication at Canterbury got better, when we first started it wasn't good. We spoke to daytime nurse, they make sure his phone is charged and go above and beyond but it's still hard to reach him. They've lost his clothes with his name on them. There's a smell, too. Diaper care patients need prompter attention.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

They are alright. I think they could better. They need more staff than what they have.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

They are caring. They are very good at alerting me if something happens. There have been good times and bad. They are all friendly, but they have had a shortage of aides. I wish they had a schedule so they know when my loved one was changed last. The PT is good. They are changing staff a lot now. The nurses need to get familiar. They are improving again with the new chef. He is trying his best. The other patients say it is improving.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

They were nice but need more empathy. When my loved one first got there, the room was not clean. There was not enough staff there.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

They are very clean. Some staff are very nice and some do not want to be there and they do not care. The weekends are terrible. The food and the care is not good. They do not communicate much with me about his care. The whole nursing facility staff needs to improve with their communication.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

They treat her very good at the Canterbury. It's very clean.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

They resolved problems. They are nice and they listen, it's not a bad place. It looks better than a lot of places, the cleanliness is good. My loved one can't reach things though, it's concerning. They will put meals out of her reach and she doesn't eat well as it is.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

The staff is very good. The nurses are wonderful and I like the head nurse. She does not get what she ordered. It is old and needs to be remodeled.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

There are certain things that could be better. They do the best that they can because they have lots of people. The staff are very attentive and polite. Some aren't as friendly or greet you. It's clean. The place is old but not dirty. If you have a question or concern they reach out to me first.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

The staff care is excellent. They are all very helpful. Everything is good but there has been a problem with the kitchen. Everything else is good. One of the nurses is awesome. It is clean. She wants more variety with the meals.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

They are very nice. They have him walking. The goals are what we want for him. It is all new. I like one of the nurses on the night shift. It is clean. It is an old building. The windows look dingy. I have not seen all of his meals. They need more variety. They only had two things for breakfast. Communication is fine and they have been good.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

The meals have been excellent. The nursing supervisor and one of the nurses have been excellent. They have cramped quarters, it's tight. My loved one is needing more attention but they are nice people. She's up walking now and wasn't before. It's old and cramped, could use an update, one curtain between her and her roommate and they shared a locker. There's no chair in there.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

I'm very happy with the nurses but the aides need more training. The RN is very responsible and when I call and give instructions they do what I ask and call. Communication is good. The full timers are good. The part time and weekend people not as good or trained. They need to hire more aides. They should do a better job with the cleanliness. The kitchen was destroyed by fire so it is terrible now.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

The therapists are very attentive. The staff were helpful to find our way and readily available for questions. The care he was getting was good. Communication is very good and they are getting back to us and working with us. The building needs more upkeep. Most of it is the odor.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

I have been somewhat let down since my mother's arrival to the facility. In the beginning it seemed to be going more smoothly. I am not sure if this is due to the fire that took place in the kitchen however there just seems to be more areas that could use improvement at this time. The nurses that were there when my mother arrived to the facility have been great and have maintained great care for my mother. The entire building could use improvement in this area. I also am noticing it is not as tidy as when we were admitted. For example, when I visit her I find myself fixing her closet because her clothes were just tossed in without being organized or hung up. Unless I call I do not seem to receive any updates or information. Also, it has been quite some time since the doctor as well as the facility's psychiatrist has reached out to me.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

The staff are good. The nurses not have good communication with what's going on. For the past 4 months there have been issues with the food and the service. There was a fire in the kitchen so they only served sandwiches every day.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

I always had a good feeling when I went there to visit and they seemed to be friendly. In general they've accommodated my loved one's feelings and gave her a different room. The staff are always friendly and smiled. The receptionist is always welcoming when we arrived and left. Sometimes they've scheduled activities on a calendar but did not take place like a cooking class or games. So she would be disappointed that they did not happen. I had no complaints but sometimes she said had to wait a long time for people to come. But all seemed to be very compassionate and understanding of her needs. I felt that it was clean. Never any smells. It's not a new place so not modern and new. They had a kitchen fire several months ago and had to relocate things to another area. Her major complaint was the food and the quality of it. They did offer to bring sandwiches. They were very concerned about her being happy there. I wish the doctor had been a little better in keeping touch with us. He never reached out to us.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

It wasn't a good place and it wasn't good for him. He had to leave and go back to hospital. I don't plan on coming back here.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

The day time nurses are awesome, welcoming and friendly. There is a big difference between the day time and evening shifts. I do not feel as though the evening shift shares these qualities. My loved one did not have a good experience at the facility. I am pretty much her go-to person and when I became ill I felt as though the facility slacked on her care. She said she was not getting cleaned and was having a great deal of trouble with her meals. After there was a meeting in which all of the departments got together with me I felt as though there was an improvement. That said, it seems as though it has to get to that point for them to hold a meeting. It would be nice if something like this could take place without an incident taking place that provokes a meeting.

Review of Canterbury Care & Rehabilitation

There's a lot uncertainty even after asking questions. There's limited liability, and I've tried to conference call. They have no business cards, only main number and only names and vague on details and plans on rehab. It's not clear who's doing what like bathing, pan changes. I'm uncertain of therapy plan. The appearance of location, it's under construction. The same call button would be ringing for 30 minutes. It just so inconsistent, attempts are made but for me I need questions answered, I still don't know what is all wrong or what happened and if they are giving the proper care. I had a conference call set up and it was changed for an emergency reason and the part I don't get is, was no one else there who can talk with me?

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

They are caring and responsive. The rooms need updating though.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

I'd recommend the Canterbury at Cedar Grove!

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

I like the nursing staff. It's kind of old and outdated but they are redoing it. I like the social worker, they call with thorough details on the content of what they are doing and how he's doing. They are caring for him medically and psychologically which is very nice, I like that. It seems clean. The meals are fine.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

They answer my questions and deliver on their word. The staff care is very good. I noticed it was clean. The meals are hot and that is important to her.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

It's very good there! The therapists are doing well with my loved one. One nurse is really great! She's on day shift, and the day shift is good! They call all the time! All departments and individuals communicate well.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

They treat my loved one nice there.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

He is eating it and not complaining. It was rough in the beginning and it has since been smoothed out. I had to communicate his likes and dislikes to get the facility to create a meal plan that was a better fit for him. They call me no matter what - the facility is very good in this respect.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

They are professional and friendly. He is going back for therapy. It looks nice. They had him do the therapy. The staff should try to respond more quickly for help though. It is clean.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

If something is not right, you have to ask a million times to get it fixed. I would recommend the care and the people, but it's not like I would say, you're going to love it when you walk in. That's a shame because the people there are good, really good but it needs to be remodeled.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

Rehab is reasonably good. All the staff are friendly and everyone knows my loved one. Communication is pretty good and every few months I go to a care plan meeting. Sometimes the nurses need to be more knowledgeable. They had a fire in the kitchen. She has trouble with the food and it is lacking with the new ownership. Most residents complain about the food.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

Everything is pretty good but he is not crazy about the food. I like the administrator. She helps me all of the time.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

The Canterbury is better than others. It's friendlier, though it's short-staffed and a bit boring. The staff are very responsive to the call bell. They respond in a reasonable amount of time. I'm informed about appointments and what they are thinking. They try to do their jobs well. The food and the boredom is where they could improve.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

The nurses aren't too bad. It is clean, just tacky. Here lately, the dresser and the drawers is missing and it looks tacky. I go to get her something to wear, and the clothes are unkempt by staff and can't find her things to put on because it's a mess.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

Sometimes they do not get him out until late. He says they are short of help other than that they are very nice to him. He likes them. The staff are very nice. It's very clean. I had a meal with him and it is good and looks good to me and he says sometimes it is not good.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

It really comes down to the building being understaffed. When care is provided it is good however it can be very difficult to have that care available because the staff is being pulled in so many directions.

Review of Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation

They have been partially cooperative with paperwork. I am attempting to move my mother to an assisted living and I feel as though they are postponing the move.

Review of Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation

There are a lot of issues. They are pretty friendly but my mom is semi independent and the aides do not help her that much. She is a vegetarian and they do not prepare vegetarian meals. She has not had therapy for some time. One aide touched some of her things and moved her things around and she told the aide not to move her things.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

It is great. The nurses are good. We like one of the male nurses especially. It is clean. There was one time should have checked on how she was doing otherwise they are good and helpful.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

Everybody has been great. We like many of the staff members! They are very good to my mother. Her room has been very clean and even when I was gone it was clean. They call me right away.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

I am thankful for all the help. The nurses are very good with him. All departments call and are asking what they can do to keep me informed.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

They take excellent care of her. When there is a problem they address it immediately. I cannot complain about anything. The nurses are wonderful. The facility is very good about keeping me informed.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

My loved one is happy, sometimes it's not perfect but most of the time it is perfect. The staff care is excellent. They call every time they need to and they call often. The rehab is excellent too, they are great at working with her. The nurses do what they got to do. There are problems sometimes, and they can be pushy. I have had to clean there a few times and tidy up.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

I think they do a great job with her. The staff really care and I see improvement. She has some speech therapy. Thee day nurses are great, I have more communication with them. I think they need more help but they are fabulous.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

They look after my loved one though and it's improving now. The past few months have been getting better and going in new direction. I'm glad it's changing and they're trying. They've been bringing in new people and management and I see them weeding out the bad ones. The rehab is very good. Before the nursing care was very, very poor, with no help on the weekends, but it looks like it's going in a new direction. The staff is very good and always calling. I noticed in last few months if she has a problem, they resolve it for her and let me know. The food is really horrible though.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

So far so good. She loves the meals. The staff should be more attentive though. They need to check up on her more often. She was left unchanged for a while. Maybe they were short-staffed that day, I don't know but it shouldn't have happened. At first the cleanliness was fine, it was peaches'n'cream but now it smells bad.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

Overall I would recommend the Canterbury. However they are not as attentive as could be. I didn't know who his nurse was several times when I have visited, they seem very busy. The sheets go days without being changed. The toilet was dirty around the rim.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

My loved one does not want to be in the facility but they are good.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

It is a clean facility and they do as much as he allows for them to do. He knows how to play them. When he first went there and most of the time I would have said they are great. They do not have anything that he likes for activities. They keep me informed and call me if needed about him. The nurses are good. Some staff have not been good and some are excellent. For meals, they give him what he wants and it may not be what he needs. He does not order well-balanced meals.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

I was disappointed a couple of times. Sometimes she was clean but the people are nice. She was in a room by herself. The nurses are nice. The dining service was fair. When I came to see her she was not attended to. Communication was good. I like one of the ladies in the office.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

The rehab was very good.

Review of Canterbury

They were patient and understanding with my brother. The staff are helpful. They do not seem stressed by their job. I do not see any complaining or chatter. They are in the middle of the renovation. He likes ones of the staff who especially understands him.

Review of Canterbury

They are all genuine and they have her best interest at heart. The person who is in charge of everyone on the floor is great. They keep us in the loop in calling us if anything happens. They have a good selection for meals and it all looks good.

Review of Canterbury

My brother has had a couple of things that did not work out as what I had hoped for but his care has been good. He is a difficult patient. I like the aide who is very good with my brother. She is always pleasant. I ask questions and they do respond. They are under constant scrutiny with me. They could communicate better than they do. My brother does not like anything they are feeding him. He finds the food inedible.

Review of Canterbury

I do not like how things are being done there. I am very upset with how my loved one has been treated. I have been on the phone with her and the aide says they will help her and they do not help her. Some of them get nasty with her and the aides do not react to her correctly. She does not eat pork they bring her pork. We had an issue with the podiatrist.

Review for The Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation at Cedar Grove

They've given my loved one all that he needs. If I have any questions, they give me the answers. I'm not worried or concerned about his care. They're taking good care of him. The nurse manager is excellent. All the staff is very good. They're very friendly and helpful. We had a meeting today and yesterday. They're very good at keeping me informed.

Review for The Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation at Cedar Grove

The staff are really approachable and a lot of communication goes on. They are always accessible. It's a very nice, quaint place. The only thing I would say is that they need to keep better track of laundry. My mom's laundry got mixed up with another woman's. Otherwise, everything is great! My mom eats and enjoys the food.

Review for The Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation at Cedar Grove

It was the best. The people who worked over there were really helpful and kind and human. They were really, really nice. I liked the head nurse, and also one of the nurses. He was really nice, too. It was really clean. The decorations were old, but it was clean. The meals were good. My father ate everything. The communication was really good.

Review for The Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation at Cedar Grove

I think that they're really good. They're very nice. They answer any questions. They're very attentive. The head nurse during the day and the evening nurse are wonderful. The staff is very friendly. It's pretty clean. It's old. It's not dirty. When I go there at night, the nurse always sits down and talks with me. He'll always call me over and talk a little bit and tell me how my husband is doing.

Review for The Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation at Cedar Grove

The person who does the recreation is sweet. She lets my mom know the scheduling and reminds my mom. It is very clean. My mother loves the food. She says the food phenomenal. I find when I tell them something specific, they do not do it. They lost my mother's dentures. They did not take her things when she changed rooms. On one of the forms I filled out, I missed a couple of things, and they did not tell me. I still need to correct it, and said they would bring it to me and still have not come with the form to correct it.

Review for The Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation at Cedar Grove

The therapists are very good! The food is really bad. All the people there are complaining about it making them feel unwell. My loved one can't do therapy because of that. Other than that, they are very good!

Review for The Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation at Cedar Grove

The nursing seems fine. My mother has been moved three times, and we were not notified. There was confusion regarding the paperwork. She was moved to a different floor with a lock down, and I cannot get any information. We know we have to work the bugs out. My mother has not been agreeable with the therapy. They have not informed me really well, frankly, and this has to do with the confusion in the beginning with someone on vacation.

Review for The Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation at Cedar Grove

They were not attentive. My father had to go many times to get his medications. The place was not a good environment. It was unsanitary. He had to go get his own water. The nurses were not helpful at all. They did not even show him where the shower was. I was not happy with the staff, and would not put any senior in their facility. There were not enough food choices. There was a fire in the kitchen, so they just gave everyone cereal. They should have at least let us know so that we could have brought them food. They didn't inform me of anything.

Review of The Canterbury

The people are very nice and they know her. I would recommend the Canterbury. She seems to be getting better. She likes the food. It is not always clean though. Sometimes I find paper towels on the floor and they do not put things away. The facility is old with peeling paint. I do not think they have renovated it. I am concerned about the air quality. If I do not go there and find out myself I would not know much. I think they should call me. It is hard to get medical records and they wanted to charge me a dollar a page and they have not gotten back to me. I have POA and I would like copies of lab results and doctors visits.

Review of The Canterbury

I feel he's not being monitored as completely as he should. It depends on what staff is there. Some weekends are better than others. They do what we ask. Anytime something happens, they call me right away. They should be more attentive to the patients. They're not so friendly. My mother-in-law is always complaining. She doesn't like any food there.

Review of The Canterbury

I believe the care is okay. The facility is old looking and dingy. We like my loved one's nurse and the head nurse.

Review of The Canterbury

It was different. It needs to be updated. The staff was very nice. I find that the nurses change every day. Somebody else is often there with no continuity. The patients are doing nothing but staring at the TV. I would like to see continuity. The staff were very nice. They were good to the patients. The food could be more desirable and his meals were skimpy. I touched the food and it was cold.

Review of The Canterbury

he rehab is fabulous for the physical therapy. The nurses are fine. The aides need more help. Some of the aides are not that great. Some need more training. So far the kitchen is not fixed yet. The food is horrendous. I had an aide who was fantastic. I like several of them!

Review of The Canterbury

He is in the hospital and I think he is going back there. Every time we call we get the run around. Today when I visited him they were very good. We like one of the staff very much.

Review of The Canterbury

I do have some complaints. The staff is trying to do their best. He is not an easy patient. He had an appointment and they did not help with transport for him. I see him once per week. The sheets are clean and he is well fed. The staff know of his condition with helping him concerning his pain. He is not walking yet and it is difficult for him and for them to help him because of his serious condition. He is very stubborn and he does refuse. They need more choices for meals. They do not keep me well informed. They did call me one time about the initial plan. I have to call them to find out about him. I like the nurse who is very helpful and respectful.

Review of The Canterbury

They need more aides and help available. Whenever you push the call button it takes a while for them to get there . They are doing a good job with therapy. There were two therapists in particular who were great, one was giving him tests for cognitive issues. She is doing a very good job. There were a couple aides who helped dress in the mornings, they were good. Many of the staff were very good. Some of them are not very friendly. The room is kept clean, they are using other rooms in building so they are. They are keeping me informed.

Review of The Canterbury

They do not care and are short handed. The therapy is very good though. The staff are alright, but none of the nurses are good. They are not kind. I like one of the aides very much. The aides are fantastic.

Review of The Canterbury

Promises were made before my loved one's admission. There was no follow through on what was promised, such as care, and meals. There were problems with answering the call light in a timely fashion. The patient is told something such as "I'll be back" and the nurse does not return. Her call light wasn't working for five days and she was given a hand bell to ring, which was especially annoying to do during the middle of the night. It was pretty clean. I was told her meals would be provided that would serve her individual needs and preferences, and this has not happened.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

It is very clean. The nurses and everyone working there are very kind and very attentive. The staff are all very helpful and attentive. It was just yesterday that I spoke to a dietitian to give my loved one whole wheat bread instead of white. They could ask patients if they want wheat or white bread.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

It is a nice place for my loved one to stay and get the care that he needs. The nurses are very helpful and always busy. They are able to provide me with good information. The staff is very friendly. When he pushes the buzzer for help, sometimes he waits too long. There are times when they do not upkeep the room very well. The meals are good.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

The therapy is excellent. The facility is clean. The food is good. The staff talk to me. I think the third floor is very understaffed. That is the biggest problem. All the residents waiting are older and impatient, and they get nasty with the aides. It's not the aides' fault, nor the residents' fault either. When therapy is ready for residents in the morning, they aren't ready, and the aides get the brunt of it.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

Everyone is nice to her. She loves everybody. Everyone is nice and polite. They're not too set on a schedule, so my mother doesn't know what's going on. The last facility she stayed at was more structured and she liked that. She has a lot of problems with food because they don't get the menu straight. For example, asking for pancakes and she gets muffins. They are not as organized as we thought they would be. I know they are doing the best that they can. There are just a few things that could use improvements. She's okay with the therapy. I would like her to get a little bit more, but so far everything is running smoothly. She has had to do things on her own because she requested nurses' attention, but they never came to her, so she did things that she wasn't supposed to do to get what she needed. She hates the food.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

It's good. I think sometimes they could act a little faster, but that's about it. Their friendliness is good. It is very clean. The meals are good. They're good at keeping me informed.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

The staff is very friendly. They are very good at keeping me informed about my mom's care. I am not happy with the food though. Things get served cold, or hard as a rock. My mom would often just eat a salad.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

The response time could be quicker. The staff and their attitude are great. If they see me in the hallway, they are very informative.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

My first time there was phenomenal. The staff is amazing. The therapists are pushing me to the limit, and I want that. Everything is great except the food. The food is brutal. Downstairs dining is nice, and in-room dining sucks. You got some brand new people that are awesome at keeping me informed.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

My friend was there for rehabilitation. They were pretty friendly. I understand it's difficult for him to get around, but every time I was there, he was in bed. At another rehab, he was at least sitting up in a chair. The facility is very old and needs updating. I thought it was pretty clean. It just needs updating. Meals were adequate. In the week and a half, I talked to the social worker two or three times. I never spoke to the doctor. I would prefer the doctor call me at least every other day. It makes it difficult for the caregiver when there isn't enough communication.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

The staff has all been very helpful. The nurse always helps me and gives me good advice. They do keep me somewhat updated. But there seems to be a disconnect between the people that come in and the people who bring my father clothes. I bring clean clothes and they say there is no clean clothes. Also it seems to be understaffed. My father seems to be sitting in his diaper for a very long time. The last time they sent him home, he still couldn't walk. I'm hoping this time they send him and he can actually walk. The facility needs to be updated. It's been there for a long time, it needs a face-lift. The elevator is always out. My father hasn't complained about the meals.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

My husband is very happy with the treatment he gets in the therapy. Everybody is very pleasant. He's had meals brought to his room and he hasn't had any issues with the food. The communication is very good. My husband has been there before, a few years ago. But it seems like the care has changed a lot. It's hard for him to get a nurse. This time, they're not even trying to get him to go to the bathroom himself. He was hoping that he can be the way he was before, and they are not working with him on that. They don't allow him to do things on his own and don't allow him to leave his wheelchair. The staff are lazy and push things off on the nursing assistants.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

My father's care was okay, but the building was filthy dirty. I would not send anyone to the floor my father was on. The staff were quite friendly. I just didn't want to get into all the issues because I knew I couldn't change them.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

My loved one's clothes are stolen and not washed up correctly. She is in a room with an aggressive roommate and had a conversation with the facility to move her, but nothing happened for a week. She is barely being supervised. I tried to find administrative people, and the staff would give me attitude. It is the worst place.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

In the beginning when we first were admitted there, it was an entirely different facility. People are nice there but they have new people. I haven't seen it as nice and clean as it used to be. I called the nurses numerous times and they are very busy and I understand that. Eventually I got information. My brother is going to the dining room he was very happy and the food is great. They were helping him eat and feeding him when he needed it. He was alright with that. They are very nice but they could come to the room more. My brother's room has a terrible odor and there are things thrown on the floor. I noticed some of the bedding had stains. It's not a pleasant room to be in.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

It was pretty good. We've used the facility before. We came back because we like how they treat my loved one and how everything goes there. The nurses took good care of her. All medicines were given as instructed. The admission process was very good. The staff was very friendly and willing to help. Everything was ready when we got over there. Everything was very clean. They fed her real good. She said the food was good.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

They take good care of my loved one. Anytime we need anything, they're able to answer us no problem and they keep me updated.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

My loved one says everyone is treating her good. She says the exercises are making her strong. They keep her clean. She had tuna fish today and it sure was good.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

The nurses were nice. Everything was good. The food was on time, and the meals were great. It was very clean. They were good at keeping me informed.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

So far, everything has been fine with my mother. From what I have seen, the therapy is fine. The nurses I have met there are all nice. When I am there, the staff seem nice, and my mom would say something if there was a problem. Everything is clean and nice. My mom has no problem with the meals. I talk to and see my mom every day. They have my number if they need me.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

They do a wonderful job. It's one of the places where you walk in, and you feel welcome. I have nothing to complain about. The staff are very friendly. I cannot ask for anything better. If I ask for them, they come quickly. The meals are good. It's food that I myself would even eat.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

They communicate really well, letting me know exactly what's going on with my loved one.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

The aides are generally really good, and they tend to the patients. Of course the ratio of patients to aides is not good, but overall they do a good job. I like the director of therapy. She meets with me to give progress reports about the goals and the progress for my aunt. Beyond that, I don't feel like I know what's going on. I'm sure if I asked they would tell me but I have to initiate it. I wish they would tell me things when I'm there or call me once a week.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

We had some issues to start out, but they've gotten better. The nurses are okay. The staff is very friendly. The place is definitely clean. We always get updates. I would like to see a bit more security and separation between rehab patients and those in memory care, for everyone's safety.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

I would recommend Cornell Hall, the staff is very friendly. There was some miscommunication though. All of my loved one's visits to the doctor were canceled, and she still got transferred to the hospital. She didn't like the food. She was very disappointed with it. I would like more follow-up calls and to know how therapy is going.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

I would say the staff are kind and caring. The facility is not great, and it is not bad, but good. They are all good staff doing a difficult job. It is early, but my dad is doing pretty well in therapy. The nurses and the aides are fine. It is a very friendly place. My loved one seems to be enjoying the food. They seem to take pride in it, and my loved one is enjoying it so far. They are pretty good about keeping me informed.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

The doctor is fantastic. The nurses are good. The two therapists my dad has had so far are fantastic. They know how much to push him. It's clean. The dietary people really try their best. But the main issue is the aides. It's hard to get help. You can wait 20 minutes for the bedpan to be emptied. It might be that they're understaffed. My dad has not been happy with the nighttime service. Help with the little things would be good, like help to go to the bathroom or use the urinal. It really impacts the experiences of the people here.

Review of The Canterbury Care And Rehabilitation At Cedar Grove

The rehab therapists are helping my loved one do much better. Overall, they need a better admission process. They should go over a care plan at the beginning and not wait two weeks with me asking for the meeting. The staff should be more knowledgeable of what is going on with the patients. The place is very old and needs a lot of work done, but my loved one's room seems to be clean. They could have more meal choices for people with special dietary needs.

Review of The Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation at Cedar Grove

So far everything is very good. My loved one likes the rehab; he gets to walk around. It's a very clean place.

Review of The Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation at Cedar Grove

Everything is great so far! I'd recommend the Canterbury.

Review of The Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation at Cedar Grove

They were great! Very, very good. My loved one did therapy two hours a day. It was very clean. She enjoyed the food.

The Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation at Cedar Grove - Cedar Grove, NJ

I'd recommend the Canterbury. It needs a face lift, but they do keep my loved one's room clean.

The Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation at Cedar Grove - Cedar Grove, NJ

I'd recommend this rehab. They could improve on getting more staff. The food is not very hot when received, either.

The Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation at Cedar Grove - Cedar Grove, NJ

They were very accommodating to my mom and were able to provide a warm environment for her. From what I've seen I'm very pleased, she's happy and she's safe. The food looked very healthy and smelled very good. She liked it. The staff are very sweet and communicated frequently with me about the process of her transitioning to her new place. As far as something to improve on, a little upkeep needs to be made. My mom's faucet was leaking and the knob doesn't close all the way. General maintenance like gluing tiles back down would be nice.

The Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation at Cedar Grove - Cedar Grove, NJ

I'd recommend the Canterbury. They have been very helpful! They attend to him with care. However they don't clean his feeding tube after he eats and I've had to do it myself several times.

The Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation at Cedar Grove - Cedar Grove, NJ

Everyone there has been wonderful and attentive.

The Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation at Cedar Grove - Cedar Grove, NJ

Everything is great so far! I'd recommend the Canterbury.

The Canterbury Care and Rehabilitation at Cedar Grove - Cedar Grove, NJ

In the heart of Cedar Grove, Canterbury Care & Rehabilitation Center offers personalized care in a welcoming atmosphere. The Canterbury at Cedar Grove is proudly one of a small handful of facilities in New Jersey certified in the Eden Alternative, a progressive and person-centered approach to elderly care. We empower our residents to make choices in all aspects of their wellness and daily living, promoting an enhanced quality of life.

Canterbury’s medical and rehabilitative sub-acute care is tailored to each individual’s unique needs. We provide therapy up to seven days per week, using individualized care plans that promote whole-person wellness.

Under the principles of the Eden Alternative, our compassionate staff at The Canterbury at Cedar Grove is committed to ensuring that the medical, social, and emotional needs of each individual are met.