Windriver Place - Spokane, WA

Windriver Place - Spokane, WA has yet not published prices.

Staff are TLC specialists

Thank you for all you do for my Dad, !

I live out of country, but spent a couple of days at Windriver in August.
EVERY staff member knew my Dad's name! They new what he liked to drink at all his meals, they brought him his favourite juice or a fresh coffee.
The care home is Clean, smells good and really comfortable place to live and nice for family to come for a visit.
Staff was very welcoming-always. Staff always caring and patient with him. Going home was less painful for me ,because I know he is in a beautiful place to live and enjoy and, I have peace of mind that he is receiving TLC in his last years.

Lovely little place, with only about 40 residents. Much smaller than Mom is used to (I don't know if that's good or bad!) But the apartments are way too small. [name removed] was very helpful and I liked her a lot. But the small apartments and the distance from my home are definite obstacles for this place.

Quaint, clean and homey environment. Staff was courteous, friendly and knowledgeable. Mom thought the one bedroom apartment was adequate for her needs and she really liked the walk in shower. We have several other locations to visit so if others seem as good as this one we will have some tough choices when it gets down to making a selection.

[Removed] was very accommodating and met us for our 2nd visit on her day off. I am very pleased with the facilities and the services they offer.

Very positive and exceptional atmosphere

Just from taking a tour here, they seem to be exceptional. They would’ve been my top choice for my Mom, however they don’t offer a provision to help with payment if she were to run out of money and it’s strictly assisted living so continuum of care is not available. The floor plan layout was very open with large, central living areas. The general atmosphere was positive and exceptional. The staff was very friendly and open and they were all interacting with the residents from what I could see. It was nice, just didn’t fit our specific needs.

Lots of activities to keep you occupied

The care staff here is very kind and Mom seems happy, content, and taken care of. So, all around, I’d say it’s going well. The food is good and there are tons of options to choose from. My Mom raves about it all the time, she really likes it. Everything I’ve seen is kept pretty clean and housekeeping comes by once or twice a week to clean the room. There’s a huge calendar filled with activities like scenic drives, exercise classes, family nights, bingo, and movie nights. There’s really a big variety for everyone to participate in. I would recommend them.

Perfect

My mother lives in Windriver Place, and it is just the perfect place for her. I love the atmosphere of the community, and despite the large turnover rate in the staff, they have always been great to us; very understanding, caring, and accommodating. It’s a very home-like, comfortable community. The food is always good here as well. The chef is always on target with taste and portion sizes. They also have a lot of activities for the residents such as art projects, outings, and family events. Overall, Windriver has been perfect, and I would recommend the community to others.

Smaller community

I toured the Windriver Place community. It was a nice and clean community. The staff was friendly. I that it was too small of a community for my parents. I thought it was also overly expensive.

Beautiful Community

We really like the Windriver Place. It was a very beautiful community and the tour was led by friendly staff that answered all of our questions. They offered a lot of amenities but we chose another smaller community that was a better fit for my mom.

This was the facility that we choice. The interviews showed a strong interest in our brother and showed us how they could plan on making this success stay a successful one. He needs challenges and this will hopefully be the correct facility to gain his independence.

Father's Care and Comfort

he cares for this community is wonderful. The staff is caring and attentive to her needs.The community is clean and maintained. We like that the community is clean and maintained. They do have activities for the residents who want to participate in the activities. We would recommend this community to other families for good care.

A place for care

We toured this community for care. The staff were outstanding and did answer the questions we had. We liked that the community was clean and the environment was very nice. The menu looked appealing. We would suggest that families your this community for the care of a loved one

Our Second Option

I really liked this community and I would have choose them if they were more close for the family. I was a smaller facility and it looked really nice.

My husbands happy home

This is a nice community. The staff is excellent. My husband is very happy. I like knowing that he is taken care of when I am gone and he is very pleased. He is happy with the nice menu. They offer activities for the residents to participate. I would highly recommend this community to other families for good care.

Friendly Staff!!

I thought the staff at this location where very helpful and knowledgeable about there community and everything they had to offer. They just did not offer a medicaid plan and that is what my mother will eventually have to be using.

Going as well as expected

The staff at Windriver is very understanding and patient with my father. He tends to be stubborn about things but they generally do their best to work with him.They were willing to take more of the load from me and understood that I had my own family and needed a break.One thing that could be better is the communication. I would like for them to reach out to me more. I don't need updates everyday but they tend to tell him things and not me. I would also like to thank my advisor from A Place for Mom. She was so patient with me and guided me though the process because I had never done this before.

Impressed with the staff!

The staff here are great. There is a lady that lost her vision and they do such a good job of helping her feed herself. I am impressed with how caring everyone is. The food is excellent. I am currently fighting with Dish, though, so I have had no TV for weeks. I don't have many people I can talk to and I hope when they build the new community, I could move to somewheres where there are more residents I could interact with.

No complaints!!

My mother seems to be really enjoying her stay her at this community. She has had no complaints about the food and seems to really be enjoying the different activities the staff provide for all of the residents. Also all of the staff are wonderful people and have done a great job at welcoming my mother into there facility.

Wonderful Community

Very friendly, helpful, nice and loving people that help my mom. The food is terrific, they have a chef on staff. I could not be happier. Thank you!

Excellent Care

This is a excellent community for my father in law. The food is very good. He is trully enjoying all the activities that are available for him to participate in. We would highly recommend this community with the excellent staff and care for a good value.

Not a good choice

Don't listen to any of the other reviews. They will charge you more than what they claim, leave your love ones to be cared for by 2 people when there is already 35 people to look after, and lastly do not keep the place clean. It is absolutely filthy. Do your loved ones a favor and find another place.

Enlivant Representative

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear about your poor experience. Please call our Vice President of Operations at [removed] to discuss this matter further.

The director of the nursing staff is great!!!

The community offers a wide variety of activities however I am not sure what if any of them my friend has tried. There have been no complaints about the food. The community is kept very clean inside and out. The only thing I might say is that the storage in the rooms seems short. I would recommend Windriver Place.

A Nice Surprise for a Quick Move-In

It was s very quick and efficient move Ito Windrover. The staff already seems to know and get along well with their new resident. The Executive Director, Trudy, is fantastic, great nursing crew and it's a clean, nice building.

ITS a great place!

The only thing we have to say about this place is wonderful!

Everything there is great! IT is a wonderful place.

The Food Is Terrible

Overall I think WindRiver is excellent. They keep the place clean and cheerful, and the caregivers seem to really care about the residents. It's a high quality place for our elders. My only complaint is directed at corporate headquarters where their dietician doesn't seem to be at all sensitive to the dietary needs of older people who are often diabetic, lactose sensitive, and need soft meat. I have found that in this industry, the least professional caregivers are overworked and underpaid, unfortunately, but the wonderful caring souls at WindRiver still give kind and caring attention wherever they are needed.

A Great Place for Mom

Windriver Place really is in a nice neighborhood of houses. Near a main street so easy to get to even in bad weather. The facility access is great for wheeled devices like walkers. The staff are heroic in the care they give. Everyone there has been kind, helpful and tolerant of my mother's dementia-based antics. There is a lovely covered and open patio in the interior and plenty of outdoor seating. They strongly encourage family visits by hosting everybody for events like Grandparent's Day. Each room has big windows to let in the sunshine. Staff including administrators are helpful and they work hard to keep everybody comfortable and happy. There's a cozy fireplace in the living room area, a busy craft room, and a TV room, too.

Short Stay Alot of Support

They were very kind to family and mom the ladies that we met were older and compassionate to my mother. I would recommend to anyone. My mom was only at this facility for 5 days when she took a turn for the worse had to be admitted to hospital and the staff of Windriver was supportive and helpful with the situation.

Very nice place!

We're very pleased with Windriver Place so far. The facility itself is very nice, and well laid out for seniors. It is a smaller community and I like that is just a short walk from any of the bedrooms to the dining room or common areas. Those whole place has a warm, close-knit feel, and the residents receive a lot of hands-on care. The only downside I've seen is that they do not accept medicaid as a payment option, which may be a dealbreaker for some families.

It's about the people

The most important part of where we live is the people that are involved. My experience with Windriver Place has been genuinely positive and professional, caring and personal. My dad was not at all happy with the idea of moving into an assisted living facility and made no effort to hide his thoughts or feelings. The transition was difficult for him and I, especially the first couple of weeks, but everyone involved with him at Windriver is so encouraging and willing to help in any way they can. We're about six weeks in now and Dad's attitude has mellowed some as he has adjusted to his new surroundings and the other folks that are a part of his new world. I'm very grateful to the staff for their patience, encouragement and willing attitudes for helping us navigate these times.

Windriver Place offers compassionate care in a peaceful neighborhood setting. We are located in Spokane Washington just one mile west of the Spokane River. Washington State University is nearby and our residents enjoy all of the recreational, educational and cultural opportunities that they offer.

We offer many features and services to ensure your health and comfort:

•Staff, including a Registered Nurse, are available at all times
•We provide transportation for medical appointments
•Our caring staff is happy to help with medication management as well as assistance with grooming and other daily activities
•Emergency call system in all bathrooms
•Showers with built in safety bars
•All common and private areas are designed to accommodate mobility devices
•Whirlpool
•On-site beautician
•Individualized meal plans designed by a registered dietician
•Pet friendly community
•Family visit programs and family nights

Our wonderful activity director plans outings and in house diversions that are very popular with our residents and their families. Some of our resident’s favorites include walks in our neighborhood to discover garage sales, picnics in our local parks or shopping at one of our two local malls. Our in house options include Qigong, crafts, live musical entertainment, games and church services.