Real living for elderly

Two years ago, we moved my dad and his wife to Moran Vista. They both required assistance and adapted easily to the change. Six months ago, my dad required a very high level of care. We are forever grateful that he was able to live at Moran Vista where he was cared for with grace and dignity. His wife required memory care. Although in separate units, the staff made certain that they had meals together and held hands every day. The staff greets every resident by name and seems to really care about each individual.
My dad passed away in Hospice care in his own bed at Moran Vista. The caring of staff members at that time was remarkable. He was genuinely loved by everyone there.
Moran Vista eased the difficulties of the past few years for our entire family. My dad was happy, content, and at peace. Moran Vista is exceptional.

Robin Black

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive thoughts, Christina. It was an honor to care for your dad and we are still here to serve his wife. We love our residents!

Thank-you

It has been quite a month for dad. I would like to thank you and your staff for the assistance, concern and care they have provided him and us. We have appreciated everyone’s help to include Irina, Spencer, Melissa, Debra and other caregivers, med techs and staff that should be included but I don’t know their names.

Robin Black

We are so very happy that our care and concern for your dad has helped you and your dad. Thank you for taking time to post your positive thoughts!

Above and Beyond!

My mom has lived in 3 separate Assisted Living homes and one Adult Family home. Moran Vista has proven itself to be the very best for her. The love, care, and patience they have shown my mother is why I sleep well at night again. They have also been very kind and supportive to me, her daughter. I cannot recommend Moran Vista enough. LOVE them!!!

Robin Black

We're so happy to hear your mom's experience at Moran Vista has been the best for her! We love our residents and strive to do our best for them. Thank you so much for taking time to post your positive thoughts!

A great place for full time care

We had a really great experience with our father living at a Moran Vista. He would tell us how much he liked it there. The manager [Removed] was very helpful and kind. A great staff too

Robin Black

We are so happy your father had a great experience at Moran Vista! We love our residents and strive to make their time here the best it can be.

Highly recommend!

Just a few words to express my appreciation to [Removed], Nurse [Removed], and your staff for the care and compassion you have shown to my brother. Our family cannot thank you enough for meeting the challenges my brother's care has presented at times. [Removed] and all the staff are always welcoming and professional. Because of the our family's experience, I highly recommend Moran Vista to anyone seeking senior living or assisted living needs.

Robin Black

Thank you, Richard, for taking time to let us know your thoughts about the care your brother is receiving at Moran Vista! Our mission and passion is to provide the best environment and care possible for our residents.

Overview

My elderly mother has lived here for the 4 years or so. She came into the facility in rather bad health both physically and mentally. In fact she started out in the lock down area. However with care and time she was able to move to the general population. She is very fragile and they have been very good with her. I greatly appreciate all that they do to keep her going. The Executive Director [Removed] takes a great interest in all the people living there which I know has meant a Great Deal to my mother. Thank You

Robin Black

We are glad to hear your mother is flourishing at Moran Vista! Thank you so much for taking time to post your positive thoughts!

Mother is Loving it at Moran Vista!

We brought our mother to Moran Vista last December after her husband died. It was a time of much stress, chaos, and unknown. Moran Vista welcomed Mom with open arms and helped her to establish a new life. With the health care, reminders of daily care, many activities at Moran Vista plus the off-site ventures, Mom has really made a 180 degree change and is now loving life. When I called her yesterday, she advised that she would have to call me later as her yoga class was starting. Thank you all at Moran Vista!

Robin Black

We are so happy your mother is happy at Moran Vista! That is what we strive for here! Thank you for taking time to let us know.

It's a long, hard journey

Our sister has been at Moran Vista for 7 months. [Removed], the director, has been incredibly helpful with out difficult situation. I read others' comments and I wish I could tell them how much better Moran Vista has been than the other facilities we have tried since our sister's onset. [Removed] has been so helpful and we see him often when we visit-- something that never, ever happened at other facilities. When we return our sister back after an outing, she is warmly greeted by every staff as we pass. They have been SO kind and considerate. Our sister is not easy to care for so we don't expect her room, clothes, and personal effects to be up to home care standards; group living is very different than home. We are thankful for kindness, safety, and patience.

Robin Black

That's great to hear, Gina! We are happy your sister is having a good experience at Moran Vista. We love our residents and strive to give them the best of care. Thanks so much for taking time to post your positive comments.

Many positive changes

My mom has been a resident of Moran Vista for seven years. My siblings and my mom and I have seen a lot of staff and administrators come and go over these seven years. About a year ago, [Removed] was hired as Executive Director. It has been the best admin hire to date. He has facilities management background and has worked with this population of people. He has done wonders for the proper running of Moran Vista. Care plans are as they should be, staff is being hired more thoughtfully and training is being done as it should be. I read the reviews others have written, but I would advise those who are considering Moran Vista to please go take a look and talk with [Removed]. I think you will be pleased.

Robin Black

That's so great to hear, Mary! We always strive to provide the best environment of care for our residents. We really appreciate your taking the time to post your positive thoughts!

Shop Around!

All this company cares about is money. They hook you in and then continue to nickle and dime you. Patient care does not come first. Always dealing with new caregivers becasue they cannot keep employees. Be prepared when you move out because they will charge you astronomical fees for carpet that was not in good shape to begin with so make sure you take pictures if you make the mistake of moving your family member in. There are many better choices out there to chose from so shop around!

Robin Black

Any residents carpet that is left in poor condition including stains, holes, or discoloration will be charged if we cannot properly clean the carpet. We always want to ensure that anyone moving into our community has carpet that is new or in good condition. We have an industrial carpet cleaner that is used to extract the carpet fibers each time an individual moves out of Moran Vista. We take before and after pictures as well as a room inspection list that is provided and the room is viewed carefully prior to sending out any charges to loved ones.

NOT for Alzheimer's!

Beautiful facility, with lots of friendly, well-intentioned staff ... But this is a veneer, ESPECIALLY in the Memory Wing. The newest and least-skilled caregivers work with Moran's most care-dependent (and highest paying) residents behind the wing's locked door, with little supervision. Communication between caregivers, administrators and family is rarely in sync - "care plans" are just paper. Few Alzheimer's-appropriate activities, little opportunity for exercise. Meals are filled with high-calorie junk food. The entire facility staff, top to bottom, has turned over each year; and is under constant DSHS review. There are more empty apts than ever; and the homey-looking library, theater, billiards and fitness rooms are rarely used. Moran is a good value for those with simple needs, not a place to entrust your parents' lives to.

Robin Black

Here at Moran Vista we offer a wonderful fourteen bed memory care unit with a spacious outdoor courtyard. All of our care team is carefully screened and selected prior to working in our memory care. We offer a DSHS course of mental health and dementia training to our care team. We write descriptive care plans that we work with families to make sure that we address all of your loved ones needs. We offer plenty of stimulating activities in our memory care including our memories in the making program. There are staffing retention programs that we have in place to ensure staffing retention. We have multiple amenities at Moran Vista that many families use for birthday parties and special events.

A good move!

We recently moved our parents to Moran Vista. My mother requires minimal assistance and my father is living in the same apartment without assistance. It has been a very comfortable and friendly place for them. The staff is always available and addresses problems for my parents very quickly. Every staff member greets my parents by name, making them feel special and welcome. My parents feel independent, but have immediate help available when needed. The large private dining room can be reserved for a family dinner. Our meals there have been excellent.

The administrator listens carefully to any needs and is in constant communication with the staff. It is truly a relief to have our parents in a safe, very clean and caring place. Our only regret is that we didn't move them sooner!

Robin Black

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive thoughts! We strive to make our residents feel at home and cared for when they need help.

Staff speaking for your loved ones

Staff is being asked to lie for the company and writr fake reviews. The facility will hire anyone that walks through the door, facility
Is under staffed and upper mannagement does not go above and beyond to make it a positive work environment. Corporate will not pay for experienced staff that truly love and enjoy caring for others. Buyers beware,

Robin Black

We do not create fake review for our community. It’s unfortunate and unnecessary for previous employees who were discharged for misconduct to use Senior Advisor to retaliate against their former employer. We never ask any care team member to fabricate or make-up reviews for Moran Vista. We have a thorough screening process for hiring which includes background check, pre-employment drug screening, and reference checks. We hire care team members that love to work with seniors in our community. We offer many employee perks and create a harassment-free environment to enrich the lives of our residents.

Do your research

I am ashamed that we placed our family member into this facility. They always seem short staffed and have a high turnover. There’s never a nurse available when I have had questions. We moved in because it seemed like a nice place and was close to us. We were told our loved ones needs would be met, but the care fell short of any kind of standard in our eyes. Management is poor at communicating and offered excuses but no improvements. Have since moved elsewhere. Do your own research but the other reviews on here are pretty accurate. If I would have looked at DSHS and read these reviews there is no way I would have even taken the initial tour.

Robin Black

Here at Moran Vista we always provide quality care to your loved one. We make sure that we have appropriate staffing throughout the community and we have an RN on site throughout the week. We pride ourselves on helping your loved one remain independent as possible while meeting their care needs. Our detailed assessments help to evaluate and make a great care plan that is tailored to your loved ones needs. We have multiple amenities and have exceptional dining choices that are served daily. Please call us today to set up a tour or let us know what we can do to help our door is always open.

Be careful

Placed family member listening of great promises, short on delivery. Rates go up substantially on a annual basis. High staff turn over, very low staff to residence ratio. Scrutinize this one carefully if you are bringing lived one in for memory care. They know full well moving family member, once placed, is very difficult .

Would not recommend this facility.

Robin Black

We pride ourselves in having the highest quality caregivers that are thoroughly screened and trained. With the ever growing surge in health care we have high training standards that continue to grow each year. We have implemented retention programs for our caregivers to ensure that your loved one receives continuity of care. Our memory care includes daily activities, a courtyard, and a small homelike environment to make sure your loved one feels like they are at home.

I would never put a family member in this facility! The care staff is over worked, under staffed and treated bad by the supervisor and director of nursing. The management team is not friendly. The HR is never there when I go in to see a friend. The building smells. No wonder why Moran was under a stop placement by the state!

Go somewhere else

I moved my Mother out immediately after I read the State complaints. Plus the Marketing Director over promises and under deliveries. Complete misrepresentation of the care. Even the caregivers will tell you to look somewhere else.

Great Community

This is an excellent community that is really nice and accommodating. The staff is really kind and they really work with the residents. They seem to really care about everyone. We are very pleased with them and would recommend them to anyone.

Moran Vista Senior Living is a community located in the attractive Moran Prairie district of Spokane, Washington. Nestled in a quaint neighborhood of the Spokane Valley's South Hills, Moran Vista is minutes from downtown Spokane, fantastic shops, dining, and medical offices. At Moran Vista, we offer a range of care options, from independent and assisted living, up to and including memory care. Our team of knowledgeable and caring professionals is dedicated to providing residents and their loved ones with safe and exceptional support, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

At Moran Vista, we created an all-inclusive community that encourages resident participation and assists in the development of meaningful friendships and a wonderful sense of community. We encourage these daily interactions, and welcome you to contact our community in Spokane, to learn how you and your family can experience the best in senior living.