Maplewood Gardens - Spokane, WA

Visited Maplewood Gardens with a good friend looking for independent living options in the Spokane area and [Removed] took us around the residence. Positives: Location near Mission park and the Spokane River, Gonzaga, and downtown were excellent in older beautiful neighborhood. Staff was friendly. Medical and dental care onsite. Negatives: dingy paint and carpets, REALLY dirty apartments were shown without any warning or apology, unpleasant smells in stairwells and hallways, no fitness or exercise options (though many residents were happily outside walking along sidewalks), and dark narrow halls...Lowest price option that we toured and we could tell why. Okay, people seemed comfortable, but definitely no frills option.

They were very upfront about problems about alcohol and drug [Removed] and informed us that this would not be a good place for my brother. We appreciate that they were so upfront.

Good Environment for care

I toured this community for the care for my mom. We did like that the staff were able to answer the questions we had. The community was clean with a good environment. They had a nice list of activities that would have been offered. We would suggest others tour this community for care for a loved one.

Was not impressed. Dreary facility. Made us think of an institution. Not a welcoming environment.

Dirty, Dirty, Dirty!!

The Maplewood Gardens was comparatively speaking a dump. The place was very dirty, the carpets in all of the rooms they showed us were very dirty. I was told they were going to be remodeling this year, and that's why the place was so dirty. There was not enough natural lighting in the rooms. The cabinets in the kitchen were the worse cabinets I've ever seen. The staff was friendly, but the place had a nursing home vibe that I did not like.

Multiple reports from the state

Worth the Look

The jury is still out. HOWEVER, my Mom loves Maplewood Gardens. She's been there roughly two months. We have nothing to judge assisted living by but it seems to be good. It is nice to know that my mom is being taken care of - I've been her primary caretaker for the past three years. The staff seems very, very friendly and wants to take care of their residents!

Stella Evans

Thank you so much Krista!!! I appreciate the time you took to write a review! We strive to provide a family environment here at Maplewood and to make the residents feel safe and cared for by our staff! It's always a pleasure for me to see resident family support. It's been a pleasure to work with you and Mom!

Maplewood Gardens is a caring independent and assisted living residence located in Spokane, Washington. Maplewood Gardens prides itself in providing comfortable and caring places for individuals needing both independent and assisted living facilities. They provide a high quality of care for the residents and respect every individual. Management at Maplewood GardeMaplewood Gardens encourages their staff to treats residents like family, so families can feel confident in choosing Maplewood Gardens for their aging loved one's new home. The staff at Maplewood Gardens also encourages the highest level of independence possible for each individual resident. Several amenities at Maplewood Gardens include the following: warm meals, health clinics, beauty salons, on-site nurses, a thrift store, emergency call systems in each apartment, weekly Catholic and non-denominational church services, and weekly housekeeping. Community living is highly encourage with computer rooms, lounges, and recreation rooms. There is always something to do or someone to talk to at Maplewood Gardens!