Fairwinds -Spokane - Spokane, WA

Beautiful facility and rooms

This facility was gorgeous! I toured it while looking for a new home for my Mom. But unfortunately, it was too expensive for our budget. The menus, kitchen, and dining area were all wonderful. The rooms were beautiful and about medium sized. The whole building was bright and cheery and seemed welcoming. I think I would’ve moved in myself if I could have. They had a few activities they were able to tell me about like tours of different places in town, shopping, doctors’ services, and incoming entertainment. It was a genuinely nice community, just a little too expensive.

Fairwinds

I toured Fairwinds while looking at options for my mother. It is a larger facility with elevators. I felt that it was nice, but was overall too big, busy, and too far away from family. I was looking for a community with a more home-like comfort for my mother, and I just didn’t feel that Fairwinds would suit her.

Really like Fairwinds. The tour was great. I wish we didn't have to wait to make a decision or move my parents.

Doing very well

My parents are doing wonderful and they are doing very well at Fairwinds - Spokane. It is a clean and well-kept community. What drew my parents to this community was their big gas fireplace in the front lobby. The atmosphere is very warm and inviting. They are very welcoming to our family members when we come to visit. The staff is very friendly and attentive. The staff is easy to communicate any questions or concerns. I have dined there with my parents and the food is very good. They offer good choices and there is a lot of variety. They offer various activities. My parents so far have enjoyed day trips off-site and they loved the luau they recently had out in the courtyard of the community. My parents also enjoy the musical entertainment they offer. I would definitely recommend this community to others, I already did, twice.

It's going very well

This is such a beautiful community and my Uncle who has lived in this area for some time felt this was going to be the best place for him. My Uncle is doing very well here and the staff has been just great, they are attentive and come immediately when he has to use his alert button they keep an eye on him and I feel comfortable with him being here. There are a lot of amenities here for those residents who are interested and I would recommend a tour here as it is a wonderful place.

Nice tour

We had a nice tour of Fairwinds. The staff was very friendly and the community itself was clean and well-maintained. We chose another community because we wanted a bigger community for my mom that was a better fit.

They very nice,call 2days before and informed us that they did not have a furnished apt at this time.We thanked them for there help.

My father's request

I toured this community for my father's care. We liked the staff that was friendly and caring. The community seemed to be clean and the menu was appealing. They do offer activities for the residents. They would not allow pets and that was something my father wanted to have with him. We would recommend that families see the options for the care in this community for a loved one.

Chelsia Hart

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we’re doing at Fairwinds Spokane. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience when touring our community. We are dedicated to providing exceptional service to our residents and making improvements to our community. Our community does indeed accept pets, and I would love talk to you more about our pet policy and options if you are interested. Please feel free to reach out if you have any other questions about our community.
Thanks,
Jamie Bravato, General Manager

My father's care

This is a nice community and the staff are outstanding. My father said that the staff are very attentive. The menu is nice but needs small improvements. We like that the community is clean and they allow my father to have his dog with him. They are willing to helping my father when needed. We would recommend this community for the size of the rooms. I would recommend the care and the value of this community to other families.

Chelsia Hart

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how well your father is settling into his new home at Fairwinds Spokane. You put a big smile on my face knowing that the community looks great, the team is treating him well, and you both are feeling great about your decision. Sounds like a win/win all around. We are thrilled to welcome your father and you to our family and community.
Sincerely,
Jamie Bravato, General Manager

No Issue With the Tour

I thought the tour we had was a good insight to the place. We thought it was fine and did not see any issues. The experience was good but the location was not convenient for the whole family.

Very nice!

The Fairwinds along with many other communities that we toured was great. It was clean and everyone was very friendly, but we found another community that for my loved one;'s needs much better.

Nice community!!

My mother and I enjoyed our tour of this community. The staff where very friendly and had lots of great information to give us about there facility. Everything seemed very well maintained and was kept nice and clean for all of the residents. They had a spacious common and dinning room area that seemed to fit everyone comfortably. My mom just did not like that this was a multilevel complex.

Fairwinds Spokane

I love Fairwinds Spokane! Not only do I have the proud honor to say I work there, but I truly believe in the lifestyle that is offered. It isn't just the beautiful community we have that makes us great - It's the people and residents. Everyone cares so much and truly makes the golden years fun and enjoyable for our residents. Fairwinds Spokane is truly FIVE STAR FUN!!

Fancy on the Outside, POOR Care on the Inside

Don't be fooled by the "fancy" decor - it might distract you from the fact that once they get you signed up, it is all about squeezing more money AND the quality of care is not a priority.

My family members lives there now and if wasn't such a hardship, I would move her.

She has no faith in getting responsive, quality care and I've seen it first hand. You have to work hard to get proper attention and even then it doesn't last.

There are a few quality staff who truly care - I wish all of them did. I would NEVER choose Fairwinds if I had it to do over again.

Disappointing!

My father in law has been there for over a year and I am truly sorry we didn't realize how dismal his experience would be -- they value appearance over quality of care. Many hidden costs ($3.50 to bring a meal to a room) and lack of basic functionality for their residents. One example is the "spa" ... it is too small to easily navigate with a scooter, which many of the residents use - down to the basics, nowhere to put a bar of soap. Yet they spend a small fortune redecorating for "More 5 Star Fun!" --- this is icing on a mud pie. How about having an RN on staff in the evenings? That would be far more meaningful than putting in a tall bar in the lobby. Yes, a bar. A tall bar.

I am disgusted overall. At 97yo, "Pop" couldn't tolerate a move -- otherwise, we would. If you are shopping for quality, homey assisted living that is "resident focused" --- it isn't here.

Father's Home

I am happy with the care that my father is receving here. The staff is very helpful and caring. The community is great and very caring. He is offered to activities and exercises to help him stay active. The rooms are very nice and this is one of the best in town for great care. I like that is it a more of a home feeling then a community. I would highly recommend this community to other families.

Fairwinds, a classy place for a classy Mom.

When you visit Fairwinds, you see many things for yourself - how beautiful and spacious and lovely the joyful atmosphere is; people having a good time during an activity or visiting at the Bistro of Hearth Room; Fairwinds people smiling, greeting and hugging residents throughout the complex. . . But what you might not see, yet, until you move in, is how very much the staff love the residents. They know each face and name, because your loved one is important to them. They become not just their neighbors but their community family. And they are all experts in their field, even to the point of saving a life, as they did my mom's. They will do anything in their power to make your loved one have a wonderful life at Fairwinds. I know.

Great place and wonderful staff. My Mom who is 86 has been there for @ five weeks now. Although she is still in an adjustment period she always mentions how friendly and helpful the staff is. Highly recommend FairWinds

A little disappointed with Fairwinds.

I was told before placing my mother at Fairwinds that she would be kept happy and involved, that they would have a mentor show her around and be a friend, and that hasn't happened. I feel that once she was in there, they kind of left my mom on her own. I've had to make several calls about things happening. When she calls the front desk, she won't hear back from anyone. She uses a walker and could not get through a door because it closed too fast on her. A physical therapist was supposed to help her with mobility and that took forever to get started. The gym director is really good, they started a range of motion class. The staff is friendly. The food is very good. They do offer activities but she could use some encouragement to participate. They gave her $2 once to play bingo, so that was nice. The activity calendar looks good.

They care!

They really care about what they do.

The Staff Was Friendly

The staff were all tremendously friendly over at the Fairwinds - Spokane facility. I gave them a five-star overall rating, with all of the sub-categories rated a little bit lower and a little bit differently.

believe me, I know

Go somewhere else alls they care about is getting your money.

Beautiful community

This is a location we looked at while looking into options for my Mom. It was a very very lovely place,

I was very nervous how my 96 year old mom would respond when we moved her from her home of 27 years to Fairwinds. My fears have been replaced with delight. Mom is transitioning better than I hoped. I'm so pleased with the move. The folks at Fairwinds have gone out of their way to make mom's move as easy as possible and to make her feel welcome and at home.

Mother currently lives here...

Mother currently lives here. Large 2 bd/2 bth with kitchens & her own laundry. Fireplace, central air, cable TV. Internet is separate fee. Dining is like a cafe plus daily specials.

Beautiful surroundings and smiles all...

Beautiful surroundings and smiles all over...

When you visit our retirement community in the heart of Spokane, you’ll notice something unexpected the minute you walk through the doors. You can see, hear, and feel the energy and vibrancy of our community. The lobby is bustling, people are laughing, and friends are chatting. Some are planning outings to Franklin Park or the Northtown Mall, while others are gathered in the bistro drinking their morning coffee. Fairwinds - Spokane feels like an active community because it is an active community.

Our philosophy of white glove, five-star service translates into an experience that feels more like a vacation at your favorite resort rather than a typical retirement community. The atmosphere is warm, friendly, and inviting—whatever our residents need, our helpful staff is ready to deliver.

At Fairwinds - Spokane, we don’t just care for people—we care about people, and want to help our residents live the retirement of their dreams. Ready to hit the greens and perfect your golf swing? No problem. How about a European cruise? We’ll plan it end to end. Karaoke after dinner sound fun? Standard play. Gourmet meals for the most discerning foodie? Our chef’s are award-winning. Whatever you want to do, whatever your passions are, we can help bring them to life in this next phase of life.

At Fairwinds - Spokane, the retirement of your dreams is there for the taking. All you have to do is make yourself at home.