Brookdale Park Place - Spokane Valley, WA

Quite frankly we were not impressed with this visit. We did not get a tour of the facility but in all fairness, I guess guess because I had a friend who lived there it was assumed that I was familiar with the facility. It would have helped to at least see floor plans of some of the apartments.

We thought that the rooms were small and did not give off the at home feeling. We will look at other places. The person that showed us around was very nice though and answered all of our questions.

This place felt more institutional and less like a home

I took a tour here and didn’t care for it much. The facility is an old tuberculosis hospital so it had a very institutional feel to it. Knowing my Mom, I knew she wouldn’t be comfortable here. I didn’t see a lot of residents out and about during my tour. However, the person that gave me the tour was able to answer all of my questions and seemed to know a lot about the facility. It was clean and nice but overall, while the facility might be nice for someone else, it just wasn’t the right fit for my Mom.

Non-refundable community fee

When I first drove up to the facility my first impression was not great. It looked like an Adam’s Family care home. However, once I walked in I was hit with a positive and happy vibe atmosphere. I was so impressed with how happy, clean, and colorful the place was. Holly there is amazing and by the time we finished the tour we were ready to sign the papers. They have numerous activities for the residents to participate in their free time. They have a plan for the first 100 days they make a conscious effort to get you involved which have been crucial for my love one. You can be involved or uninvolved as you want at this place. They have games, crafts, they take you shopping or to doctor’s appointments, and they have a beauty shop. Everything we needed for her that we can’t do is right there. It has been a good fit for her. The only drawback I would have to say is the community fee and how it’s nonrefundable. We were lucky enough that they broke it down to 3 payments. I have been recommending them and their services. However, their community fee is restricting them from actually moving forward with them. However, despite that it is a nice facility.

No Need to Look Elsewhere

From the first day we met Holly and toured Park Place we were hooked. After we ate our complimentary lunch, [Removed] surprised us with a fresh baked apple pie to take home. Almost every single resident greeted us and made us feel right at home. The staff was super friendly and helpful. There are tons of activities from which to choose. We never even looked at another retirement home!

A little Too Big

We liked this community, however, I found it to be a little too large and I thought it might be a little overwhelming for the mother to adjust too. The staff was extremely friendly and kind. I was very impressed on how well maintained and clean the community was. There was no odor noting unpleasant lingering in the air.

Visited Park Place with a good friend looking for independent living options in the Spokane area and Holly took us around the residence. Beautiful older building and grounds; friendly and happy staff and residents; clean, light, airy rooms and hallways; great activities planned; convenient transportation available; excellent arts/crafts rooms, fitness center, and shared community activity spaces; delicious sounding foods available and residents raved about it; access to Dishman Hills walking trails behind building. Our friend decided it was to far out from downtown Spokane even though it is only 10-15 min...he wanted more of an urban neighborhood to walk in. Super place though, and if he were more comfortable driving still, he would have probably had this place at the top of his list. Most friendly residents!

Nice facility, but off the beaten path,. And was not the facility that our brother would fit in at this tiime.

A nice tour.

A very nice and well-maintained community we toured. The staff was very friendly and answered all of our questions. They are preferential to the residents who are already in their independent and assisted living community to receive first choice at the vacancy openings to memory care. It makes sense, but that is why we did not choose this community there were no vacancies.

It Is A Very Big Community

The tour was okay. I saw a really big community almost like an old hospital. They have a mix of independent, assisted residents. If my mom needed more car she would have to move into a different apartment in a different area. I was looking for a permanent apartment with no future moves.

Liked that independent living, AL, memory care all attend the same functions if they so desire (including fishing days at Medical Lake). Liked the 1 bedroom rooms and the meal plan. Didn't really like the idea of paying $600+ for monthly med disbursement and blood pressure checks but that is apparently the normal fee at Brookdale properties.

Good tour

We toured this community when looking for my mom. It was nice with a helpful staff.There isn't anything that stood out or they could improve.

Very rude!

The lady that took us around the Brookdale Park Place was very rude and did not let us see the rooms. She did not want us around the residents and when I asked her about complaints, she said she could not give us that information. It was defiantly not the place for my mother.

Tour for care

We tourThis was a nice tour. The rooms were smaller than what we were wanting. The manager was there and we were shown the incorrect.They had a lot of good accommodations for the residents. This is a great community for care with a great value.

High cost care

I toured this beautiful community for my mother's care. The community is very beautiful. The staff are nice and went out of their way to contact me to confirm the price. They had a nice variety of activities that would have been nice for my mom if she were to have moved into this community. I would recommend that families see this community for themselves.

Care for family

A clean community. The staff were very nice and were able to answer the questions that we had on the care that would be received. They had a lot of great activities. We wanted a community that had more activities and socialization. Families might look into the care and value for a loved one here.

Friendly staff, friendly staff, to warm inside for visitors. Weekly staff great. Weekend staff could use improvement. Some concerns addressed quickly. Not sure what happened to the bedding we provided.

Just a happy place!

I was able to take a tour of this community and I was really impressed with the layout of the community. There were people walking around and residents getting involved and it seemed like the staff was really attentive. Everyone seemed happy enough.

We are pretty happy with it.

It's clean and the staff are friendly. So far it's been working out well. We are pretty happy with it. I would give them a five so far, we haven't had any complaints.

My sister's care

The community is wonderful. The staff is very helpful and caring for her needs. The food is appealing and offers a good choice in meals. Activities are offered to her when she wants to be involved. I am happy with the care and would recommend this for others that want good care for the value.

Seems like good community

Sandy was very helpful showing us around, but the room
that was available at the price we needed to be at was a long way and on a different floor than the dining room, my mom just didn't like being that far away and being in such a big place, so she choose another place, i think it seemed to be a good community though.

I Stopped By To Visit

I came to the community for a visit and I liked it. My tour was nice and I saw a big community. I also was able to eat lunch and it was a very good meal. After taking visits with all the communities I realized I needed a family environment.

After 6 weeks

Six weeks
My Mom is happy
I am satisfied.

preparing to move in

Really appreciate how they reach out to veterans. Toured several properties and selected Brookdale Park Place due to the vet programs, apartment size and quality, beautiful grounds, historic building, and of course incentives.

I have recommended Brookdale Park Place!!!

Brookdale Park Place is a great fit for my mom. The staff keep me well informed of her care and they are good with her. She praises the food. They offer a wide variety of activities, she likes to play bingo and she has even gone fishing. The community and the grounds are very well maintained.

Review of Brookdale Park Place - Spokane Valley, WA

We moved mom in to Brookdale on April 6th and she and her cat are adjusting nicely. Taking sometime to get meds and doctors straightened out but things are moving nicely. The staff is very nice and helpful. Mom is very excited about going fishing. Thank you so much for your assistance

Going exceptionally well!

I had nothing but fear and intimidation going into this. Since Mom has been at Brookdale Park Place I truly feel that I have my Mom back! Se is now able to enjoy life and gets to participate in the many activities that she enjoys doing like crafting and gardening! When you walk into Brookdale it always smells good and the staff have been off the chart! They are truly amazing! I stayed the first week with Mom and the food is very very good! I seriously have a weight lifted and I am truly thankful!

Clean & nice

The staff is friendly. The facility is in good. We haven't had much with the care services. He enjoys it there. He's very comfortable there. I do not receive any call backs concerning concerns I have there. The facility is very nice. He has a long walk to the dining hall which he enjoys. There are chairs along the way where he can sit down and rest if he needs to. It's very clean and nice.

Knowledgeable and Friendly

The representative we talked to was very knowledgeable and also very friendly. She talked to us about all the benefits that my loved ones would have at the Brookdale Park Place and that was really appreciated.

most satisfied

I have been most satisfied with Brookdale Park Place. They are very good. I am in touch with the staff there and they say things are going as well as could be expected. No news is good news. They are friendly. I am very happy with this facility.

We are very pleased

Incredibly nice and professional. The move in process was flawless. Thier marketing director was responsive, compassionate and truly made us feel wanted and welcomed.
Our family couldn't be happier and my dad is thriving!

So far so good

I have not moved in yet. so it is too early for me to rate Park Place. My apt is being refinished right now. Am anxious to see the improvements.
Lorri and the little blonde (sorry I can't remember her name) have been very helpful and trying hard to make my move happy. Can't wait to see the stackables in my apt and the remodeled bathroom which is in sad shape now.
Also because I have had a huge yard and many flowers and because the apts do not have patios for the units I was thrilled to find I can access the stairs and reach a shared balconey and have a couple of pots and use my outdoor\chair. The surroundings of Park Place are really nice and I enjoy the park view.

CARING PARK PLACE!

Our loved one has been in both the assisted living and the alzheimer's care. We are so grateful to have found Park Place. Everyone we've spoken to from the Director to personal caregivers are so helpful and thoughtful. What they don't know they will find out and get back to you. Our loved one has gained weight from the delicious food and feels special because of the caregivers. There were a few minor hiccups in the beginning when everyone was getting to know each other but we all stuck it out and are so very glad we have. In our experience with our other loved one living at another facility, the hiccups in the beginning are not at all unusual. The only thing that could use improvement is the cleanliness or lack thereof. It is an older facility so try not to judge harshly and we think so highly of all the staff it just isn't the most important item on our list. Yes, we are very particular about cleanliness but we do know our priorities. There are so many personal services and things for the residents to do and caregivers to spend time with our loved one that we are happy, happy.

Park Place is exceptional place.

Love Park Place. After trying 4 other assisted living we found Park Place just in time. My mom is not as easy as some elder people and all the staff has gone out of their way to make my mom feel loved and special. Park Place is not like any where else. They care, love, and are truly exceptional at Park Place. The Director and people here are in this business for the love of it and are truly called to this profession.

not a good experience

It wasn't what it was cracked up to be. They were very deceptive, which really upset me, and I don't feel like my dad was getting adequate care. They quoted one price, got him in there, and the next thing I know it's a different price. I was not happy, and because my dad did not thrive there it was not worth it, so I brought him home and am caring for him myself. I did not feel that dad was safe there and it just was not a good experience.

This was the first place I ...

This was the first place I visited where Sandy took the time to teach me about what assisted living really is. Very nice facility. Clean and feels upscale.

She loves it there!

She loves it there! It’s well worth checking out. The food was very good. We haven’t had any trouble with the laundry service and we’ve always been able to find parking. The staff is very friendly. My loved one is in independent living, so we don’t really use any care services.

They seem to be very friendly and not cliquish at all.

They seem to be very friendly and not cliquish at all. This is so important for a person being able to fit into their new community. My loved one loves food. We haven’t had any complaints about the laundry. It is conveniently located.

This is for the independent living section.

This is for the independent living section. She complained about their food a little bit. They only clean twice a month, they did have to empty their own garbages.

60 day notice to move out

They came down to complete an assessment of our loved one and determined that they would not need to be in assisted living but could move into the independent living. Once we moved in then we we were told that our loved one had to move to assisted living. We feel like they did a bait and switch. Once you move in you have to provide them a 60 day notice.

The Food Rocks!

We're still getting a feel for some of the care - that's not coming together yet. The activities look like a good deal. My dad hasn't really participated in much yet but he's new there.

I think that it's a really excellent place. I really haven't found anything wrong. The food rocks! I think that is a really important deal. It's well prepared and nutritious and attractive. The residents all seem to be just happy as clams. If you came and walked around and talked to anybody they're all positive and friendly and I think that speaks well for the whole situation.

Toured this facility by myself a mont...

Toured this facility by myself a month ago. For an independent facility it has many nice features. Steve was extremely helpful! Because my Dad is having to place his home on the market instead of having a friend purchase the home, as he had hoped would happen in the beginning, we will need to step back a bit on the progression. This facility is one we will want to tour again.

Incredibly nice, friendly staff. Beau...

Incredibly nice, friendly staff. Beautiful facility. The chef even gave me a freshly made peach pie, fresh out of the oven. Memory ward was two to each room. Nice environment. Nice out door patio.

Incredibly nice, friendly staff. Beau...

Nice campus and rooms. Large communit...

Nice campus and rooms. Large community with many activities. Adjacent to Dishman Nature area. [removed] Move required from independent living to assisted living (differnt building). Not on south hill. 18 months to 2 years before accepts medicaid.

I loved this place! I'm keeping in co...

I loved this place! I'm keeping in contact with the director on this one.

Situated in a lovely park-like setting with walking paths, landscaped lawns and serene fountains, Park Place really does live up to its name. Residents also enjoy the many trails found throughout the nearby Dishman Hills Natural Area—where wildlife viewing is almost a daily occurrence. Whether you’re ready to simplify your life, eliminate the daily demands of home ownership or simply need a little assistance with day-to-day activities, Park Place is the perfect solution. In addition to the ideal location, Park Place offers unparalleled services and amenities that allow seniors to fully optimize their retirement years. A fabulous dining program with a variety of menu choices, housekeeping, scheduled transportation and 24-hour staff availability are just a few conveniences we offer to provide residents the peace of mind they need to continue to live life as they please.