Wildwood Canyon Villa - Yucaipa, CA

Nice Amenities!!

I have no complaints of how things are going for my loved one since she has made the move into this community . The staff have been great to work with and I am comfortable with the quality of care they have been providing her. She has had no problems with the meals and enjoys participating in the activities with the other residents. I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone interested.

We found a good fit for my husband

I am very pleased with the care my husband has gotten so far at Wildwood Canyon Villa, he has Parkinson and the activities here are great and he enjoys being a part of them. The activities director is fantastic and he makes sure my husband gets involved there are field trips they take him on and they keep him busy. My husband is on hospice so when he needs any extra help due to a fall or some change in his health they call hospice right away and keep me informed too.
My husband loves going to the dining room and I like to join him there as well they have a very good menu and food.

Great assisted living facility

My loved one's stay here went pretty okay. We had to move her because she got pneumonia while she was there, but the staff did what they could in the short time she was there to make her comfortable. We also couldn't stay at this facility because this is more of an assisted living facility than a skilled nursing facility, which we needed.

Overall I give them a five with the exception of the food.

Overall I give them a five with the exception of the food. The food is horrible. They are working on it, but it's horrible. The quality as well the variety is not good. There is way too much pasta. It's very much like hospital/cafeteria food. The residents have a meeting and they complain that they don't feel like anything gets done because of the meetings, since the food is still an issue. From what I can see we are happy with the activity level, so far. The facility is beautiful and the people are wonderful. I would recommend them to anyone, the place is great, but the food needs work.

Don't Place Family Here

Wildwood appearance is ok. Some things need repaired. Food is terrible. Accountability for errors (and there are a lot) is zero. Wildwood Canyon Villas pushes for residents families to pay for private nurses on top of the monthly rent. Administration makes you feel like they cant be trusted when problems arise. They blame patients for problems and then push hospice services.

Worth taking a look at!!

This is a nice clean community. The staff I met during my tour were nice and knowledgeable. This community was larger than the one we chose and was not quite as affordable.

Good Care for loved one.

This is a nice community. The staff is excellent and caring. The food needs a little adjustment in a few areas. They do have activities to stay active. I would recommend this to other families for good care.

Expected better

Our FIL was there for awhile in the Memory Care wing. We experienced more problems than we should have. We felt he wasn't getting proper nutrition and liquids consistently. Staff was hard to find at times. Falls occur alot. The overall appearance is ok. The location is fine. But It's too pricey. Rates increase upon assessments. Lack of communication between staff and LVN's.

beware

I can't recommend placing an elderly family member in Wildwood Canyon Villa in Yucaipa. Some of the care staff is friendly enough, but the overall care is substandard. Big promises, little action. The best thing is the rooms are private. But after dealing with the establishment, the nice rooms are not worth the lack of truly caring. It's just a matter of time before they try to take advantage of your situation to their benefit. It's not worth it.

Review

The promises the administrator and nurses make to you to sell you on their facility ultimately aren't kept. Caregivers are nice, but skills of care and quality of care are lacking. Many mistakes are made. Activities are ok. Food is poorly prepared. Cleanliness levels vacillate. They are made to clean the place quickly when informed certain guests are coming. Trustworthiness seems to be lacking with administration.

They don't provide the care they "sell" to you. The administration is misleading. The caretakers are nice, although their care skills are seriously lacking. Understaffed. Terrible food. Activities are ok. Oversight is poor with neglect of basic care.

It's been wonderful.

It's been wonderful. My loved one is thriving and able to join in more activities that in her past. My only concern is that there is not enough supervision at night. The food has been good. The staff, the nurses have all been good. I do have a concern about the sign out sheet, they don't have a spot for who is signing them out, just who is leaving. Candy is right on top of things. We liked how much activities they offered for memory care residents, they make an effort to engage them and get them involved.

A bit pricy, but very nice!

It is very clean and the staff are friendly. They are well-organized, and gave me a great tour. I can tell that they really care about their residents. They also offer a lot of activities and provide a high level of care.

The only downside is the price, but it’s not a deal breaker. Everything else about Wildwood is great, and I would definitely consider it for my father here if he ever decides to move.

Wildwood Canyon Villa, the valley's premier Assisted Living and Memory Care Community. Offering a panoramic view of San Bernardino Mountains, the Wildwood Canyon Villa vision is to provide distinctive living for older adults who value independence, yet also welcome the individualized services that support living life to the fullest.

At Wildwood Canyon Villa, you will continue enjoying the pleasures of life with the added assurance that our staff is here to meet your needs. Our customized programs and services are designed to complement each resident's independent lifestyle.

In our memory care community we tailor care to meet the individualized needs of residents with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias. Our residents have every opportunity to experience compassionate care in a secure setting the promotes dignity and well-being.

Wildwood Canyon Villa is privately owned by a creative and committed group of individuals with expertise in the design and management of assisted living communities across the country.