Braswell's Mediterranean Gardens - Yucaipa, CA

It's clean and the staff is friendly.

We thought we were going to have to move as care needs increased. However the management changed and decided she can stay where she is, which we are very happy about, because we like them. It's clean and the staff is friendly. We are glad they helped us avoid another move.

Overall it's pretty good!

The place is clean, most of the peope there are friendly. I've only heard one complaint from my loved one about one aide/attendant with an attitude. I've had some questions about the assessing the amount of assistance my loved one needs. It seems their interpretation of assisted living, which I disagree with, is for the resident to take care of themselves completely. Where is the assistance coming from other than room & board? It was explained I could be upped to a higher level of care for $500, but after doing so nothing has changed. This is something I plan to speak with them about. They offer basic services, they take care of laundry, and I haven't heard complaints about the food. There is a shopping day once a week, but the wheelchair bound cannot go. There are about 96 residents in the facility so I guess it makes sense that the staff would not be able to accomodate all the residents in wheelchairs on shopping trips. For activities they have bingo, bunko, and a pool table, lots of things to do if you want to do them. Although there are no rehab type things or excersize facilities but I don't know if that is typical in an assisted living facility? I've met a few residents there who all rate Braswell's Mediterranean Gardens highly. One gentleman has lived their 14 months, he had lived in three other places and like Braswell's the best.

They do laundry, clean room, dispense...

They do laundry, clean room, dispense meds, dress, etc., bathe, take to dining room, etc. included in cost. Friendly Very helpful and friendly

Braswell's Mediterranean Gardens was opened in 1975 fulfilling a dream of James Braswell, to provide a new style of living for the seniors of Yucaipa. The 24 hour staff provides loving care for all residents in a landscaped, residential neighborhood. When needed, assistance with daily living is provided.