Westview at Ellisville Assisted Living & Memory Care - Ellisville, MO

Thanks for the years of care

My Father was one of the first residents of Westview which has been approximately seven years ago. At that time he needed little assistance, however over the years the need for assistance has increased. I have been very pleased with the ability of the staff to meet those needs at all levels. Having a background as a manger in healthcare I am more aware of the care provided as well as the friendliness and interaction of staff. I have always felt the administrative staff to be approachable with any issue or concern.

Not fit to dog sit

Mom was a memory care resident at westview of Ellisville, we had to move her out because of lack of care, rudeness by staff, and despite numerous complaints, no changes were made.

All of the best staff have left because of the meanest, laziness and uncaring behaviors of the director and her staff.

I don’t understand how that continues. Is the administration blind to what is really going on?

The Heroes at Westview

Westview is full of caring people doing their very best to care for and tend to the needs of the residents. After having my Mom in another "facility" that will remain unnamed, Westview was a breath of fresh air. Everyone from the ladies who make sure everyone is well and cared for daily to the chefs and servers in the dining room, the Staff, the Wellness and Assisted Living Directors and Executive Director and all those I am forgetting to name are sincere, good people who truly care about who they are serving and how they do it. The Executive Director has been there about 6 months and she does her very best to address any concerns and how to improve. A loving environment for my Mom who has acclimated from her house in the country to her beautiful 4 room apartment with the help of all of the folks at Westview who truly try to make it home. We are blessed to have found them and even more blessed by all of them every day.

Samantha McCue

Angela, we are so happy to read such a great review about Westview Assisted Living and Memory Care! Feel free to reach out to us if you need anything. Have a wonderful day!

Very pleased

My father has been there for 2 weeks and the staff has been very professional and friendly. They have helped with the move and making him feel at home. The food is very good and the building is spotless. [name removed] and [name removed] have helped me a lot.

[name removed]

Samantha McCue

Al, we are very happy we could provide your father with a positive experience! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you and your loved one.

Unhappy with current Memory Care management

I can only rate Westview at Ellisville Assisted Living & Memory Care with 2 stars based on the current situation at the facility. My Mother is a former resident and was one of the first residents in the Memory Care Unit. At that time, and up until about 2 years ago, I would have rated the facility with 5 stars. Since the change in management about 2 years ago, the quality of service and professionalism has gone down substantially. There has been a drastic change in staffing in the Memory Care Unit and most of the long-term care-giving staff have either transferred to other divisions, left on their own accord or have been terminated.

As I live in Germany, I only had contact with the facility about once a year when I came back to St. Louis to visit. My sisters, on the other hand, were there on a daily basis.

On my last visit, in April 2018, our Mother celebrated her 98th birthday. My sister brought in ice cream and cupcakes to celebrate with the residents and staff in the Memory Care Unit as well as some of the other residents and staff in the facility who had had contact with our Mother over the years. My sister was in the open kitchenette area scooping out ice cream and putting cupcakes onto plates to be distributed to the residents, staff and anyone else who happened to be in the Unit at the time. Suddenly, the director of the Memory Care Unit started yelling at my sister to get out of the kitchen area, that she was not supposed to be there. That may very well be the case, but the way it was shouted at her was extremely non-professional. If she were professional, she would have asked my sister in a civil tone if she could speak to her privately, and not yell at her for everyone (the staff, the residents, our family members and family members of some of the residents) to hear.

As a former Nursing Home Administrator licensed by the State of Missouri, and a long-term manager, this type of behavior by the director of the Memory Care Unit was totally uncalled for.

A few weeks ago, my sisters were told that Westview could no longer provide care for our Mother and that she would have to leave the facility within 30 days. In hindsight, what kind of care were they providing? She has had a couple of bed sores, the current one is a level 3 sore. How could it go from a level 1 to a level 3 if they were providing her with care? She had a huge bruise on her side a few months ago that no one could account for (“she may have fallen in the shower” is the excuse they used, but she is never in the shower by herself, she is always attended to.)

Luckily, my sisters were able to find another facility in just a couple of days and she no longer has to be at Westview. She has been at the new facility for a couple of weeks, and the family is extremely satisfied.

For the sake of the existing residents and any future residents, it would be great if the Memory Care Unit at Westview could return to the professional facility that it used to be.

Samantha McCue

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We enjoyed the many years your mother stayed at our community and the chance to get to know her. We set a high standard for our employees when it comes to customer service and are disappointed to hear that you feel those expectations were not a lways met. The care of our residents is our main priority and while we are limited as to the details we can share about our individual residents, we regret that you do not feel as we do that our Memory Care residents receive excellent care from our valued team members. As we have stated before, we must adhere to state regulations regarding the particular services that we can offer each resident. While we are eager to provide the best ongoing care, there are situations where the care required eventually exceeds the scope of that which we can legally provide. It is always our goal to assure that information is carefully and clearly presented to all families and to make necessary arrangements for care transition. If you have any further feedback, please do not hesitate to contact our Executive Director ([removed]). Thank you.

Don’t confuse what you’re getting for what you deserve

The first five years mom was in memory care we were more than satisfied with her care, and the staff that cared for her. We thank [name removed], [name removed], [name removed], [name removed], [name removed], [name removed], [name removed], [name removed], [name removed], [name removed], [name removed], [name removed], [name removed], [name removed], [name removed], [name removed], [name removed], [name removed], [name removed], [name removed], and our very special friend [name removed], for their love and kindness to mom and all of the family.

The last two years have been very difficult for us. Administration changed, there was a decline in service and care. Complaints to the executive director really never went anywhere.
Mom has been moved to another community where she is receiving outstanding care, and we are treated with the respect we deserve to be treated with. As I said: We make no apologies for demanding and expecting quality care for our mother.

Samantha McCue

Thank you for taking the time to give us your opinion. We enjoyed the many years your mother stayed at our community and the chance to know her. We understand it can be a long and difficult process when it comes to finding a home for your parent. We are limited as to the details we can share about o ur individual residents. However we regret that you do not feel as we do that all of our Memory Care residents receive excellent care from our valued staff members and that family members are provided an honest assessment of the particular services we can offer to each resident as provided by state regulations. While we are eager to provide the best ongoing care, there are situations where the care required eventually exceeds the scope of that which we can legally provide. It is always our goal to assure that information is carefully and clearly presented to all families and to make necessary arrangements for care transition. If you have any further feedback, please do not hesitate to contact our Executive Director directly at ([removed]). Thank you

5 stars generally. THANK YOU.

My loved ones were at W'view for just over 2 yr.—only moved out in Mar. 2018, bec. a higher level of care was needed. Loved the 'smaller' size of the community and more intimate feeling compared to others we visited. Loved the setting with trees out back. I marked all the 'star' reviews with 5. At times, we had little complaints, but overall, 5 stars best fits what we experienced.

Very nice but out of price range.

Samantha McCue

Hello there, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us this 5-star rating and feedback. Have a great day!

We are very unhappy with [Removed]. She is unprofessional and unresponsive to our concerns. We will be moving immediately following the holidays. Westview was once a fun, loving facility. That warmth and family feeling are gone.

Samantha McCue

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy. We would really like the opportunity to discuss your concerns further. Our Executive Director is always available in person, by phone, or email. We hope to speak with you soon.

We love it

The caregivers are taking good care of my parents. They keep me informed of how they are doing and they take care of their medications. The community is nice and surrounded by trees. They have a large exercise room. My parents love the food. The community has a homey feeling to it.

Not Impressed

On the tour I seen a vert nice assisted living section and the memory care too. it was not as nice and seem isolated. I felt they were not willing to negotiate the price and I felt there was room to wiggle with the pricing.

Very Impressive facility!!

I was very impressed with my tour that I had taken of this community. The staff where very friendly and made sure to give us lots of great information on everything they had to offer. They had a luxury style living environment with a lot of great amenities available to all of the residents. It was just not the right fit for my parents in the end decision due to them not having the right apartment available.

My father's happy home

I am happy to know that my father is happy at this community. We both like the staff that are always caring and attentive to his needs. This community is clean with a good enviroment that my father does enjoy. I like knowing that he likes the menu that is offered. My father is happy partcipating in the activites with the other residents. We would recommend this community for the care and the value of a loved one.

Samantha McCue

Hi, reviews like this give us motivation and help us ensure we provide high-quality care. We are always more than happy to assist you if anything else comes up. Take care!

Wonderful ambiance (very home-like) without being dated. Nice amenities (wish they had a pool table) and staff was noted to interact very well with residents (esp in memory care area). Although not "new" it fared 2nd highest rating of the 5 places I've visited in Chesterfield.

Samantha McCue

Hello, thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review! If you're ever in need of more help, please let us know!

Tour and Care

I toured this community and the staff appeared to be nice. The community was clean, but this did not have the feeling that we were looking for. I would recommend that families tour the community for the care of a loved one.

Our New Home

My wife Mary and I have been living at Westview since late Nov 2016. We feel as though it is our home. The building is attractive and very clean. My daughter selected Westview because of the cleanliness. She wanted the best for her parents. Our apartment is spacious with ample storage space. The maintenance is excellent in that requests are filled in a timely manner. Our large screen TV was installed prior to our moving in. Most of our furniture was placed where requested. Beds were assembled. Moving in was easy because of all the pre planning. The food and menu items are adequate. If a menu item is not satisfactory an alternate item may be ordered. Food servers are great. Food is delivered quickly. Desserts are great. All things considered, Westview is a great place. Many activites and friendly people.

Visit

I recently visited a family friend who lives at Westview. At the time of my visit, they were having happy hour. The residents seemed to be having a great time - enjoying the live music and food and drink. The staff were friendly and welcoming. I would definitely recommend Westview to anyone looking for a place such as this for their loved on.

Positive, Supportive Staff Listens & Responds to Families' Needs

Our family is delighted with the positive, supportive community of staff and residents at Westview at Ellisville Assisted Living. From our first contact through what could have been a rocky transition for our 91-year-old mother, we have experienced kind and caring staff members who listen to our needs and are eager to help us. And - most of all - every staff member has helped our dear mother transition from her home smoothly and without a "hiccup". Mom loves the food, the environment, her apartment, and she even has been able to keep her beloved cat with her! We as a family of 7 also feel comfortable in the friendly atmosphere of Westview. We have all found a much needed feeling of security for Mom. We recommend Westview!

Wanted to share some insight of an incredible employee to others, in reference to Tonia, who is the Director of Wellness at Westview. Our parents have been at Westview for one year, although they are still adapting they are doing so well. Tonia goes above and beyond the call of duty it's not just one thing she does, it's a combination of everything. She makes sure they get great medical care. She personally checks in on them quite frequently. She allows my mother to come in her office and sit and work on her letters or her coloring. She loves her to feel like she is part of the office staff. Tonia once said to me, "I want to treat people the way I want my parents to be treated: with respect." Tonia can play tough, too. If some of the staff isn't able to get them out of the apartment, Tonia can do it. She's got a way that they will respond to it because they know she has their best interest at heart. Thank you all the staff at Westview especially Tonia. You're very much appreciated and loved.

You all are absolutely terrific. I can't thank you enough for all the super, loving, and great care you have given mom. I am so happy she is here. God bless all of you.

Highly recommend taking a visit

From the beginning, everyone at Westview at Ellisville was so helpful. It is not an easy decision to make to move a parent from her home. But when circumstances become such that you have no real choice you want to know your loved one is in good hands. Sharon and Robyn spoke with us many times in going through the process and were patient with any questions. I think Tonia, the Wellness Director, practically lives there. She was so kind with our Mom and took into account Mom didn't really know why she was there. The staff knew the names of everyone. Several members of the dining room wait staff even knew what Mom wanted to drink with every meal and what she preferred to eat.

The facility is just beautiful. Looks more like a boutique hotel than assisted living and is always kept very clean. What is great is everything is on site - hair, dining, movies, physical therapy. And they always decorate and celebrate the holidays.

Is it on the pricey side? Yes, but you can pay ala carte for so many services like taking your loved one to meals, bringing them meds or giving a bath, among other options.

Most people have some dementia and the Memory Care Unit that's in the same building is just great. And no where in the building does it smell like a nursing home.

My biggest advice is start looking before you need the care. You can be put on a waiting list and it will give you an idea of what facilities are out there so you aren't caught off guard.

Only visited a few times but from what I've seen its going good so far.

I love this place. My father lives here and I'm hoping to get my Aunt and Uncle to live here, too. The ball is in their court.

Not the place if your loved one needs attention

Westview is a wonderful place for your loved one if they are a problem free resident. If your loved one needs a little bit more personalized care or extra attention, this is not the place. Our loved one was doing fine until he had a couple of issues commonly found with dementia patients. Westview called an ambulance in a non-emergency situation, without our permission and without notifying us. Our loved one was sent alone in the ambulance to the hospital where he waited by himself until we were able to arrive. We were then notified that he was not to return to Westview. Luckily, we found a place that is capable and willing to care for our father.

It was a first class place.

This was a community we toured when looking around. It was very nice, immaculate, with no odors. The people I spoke to were all very nice. It was a first class place. We really liked it. It came down to which community was a better fit for her personality.

Great place!

They've done a fantastic job with everything at Westview! They were very accommodating and helpful during the move-in process, and they really bent over backwards to help her get settled in. They've got all sorts of daily activities, as well as bigger weekly events, and they do a great job with the food!
One thing that really surprised me was that when she suffered an injury that required an extended hospital stay they cut her rates to just the price of the room until she returned. They sent someone once a week to visit her, and even sent flowers!

This was really nice and we liked it a lot.

This was really nice and we liked it a lot. My loved one just really wanted a faith based community.

The quality of the staff is pretty good.

The food could be a little better. The bills seem to come right when they are due and I would like to see them a little sooner. The quality of the staff is pretty good. We needed a higher level of care without that institutional feeling.

They were pretty good but a little on the expensive side.

They were pretty good but a little on the expensive side. They had a separate area that was secured for memory care. The people were pretty nice.

We are real happy with what they are offering.

The staff is excellent. I would like to have more options, they don't have banking options, and they won't hold money at all. They are a small facility, so I think they are limited in that respect. They take them to doctors and to church, so we are real happy with what they are offering. We have had no complaints, it's easy to get in and out of and because it's small they are able to make friends right away.

Very nice community

They've done a great job at this community, it's a lovely looking facility and the staff have all been very friendly and caring. Unfortunately it won't be a permanent option for us, as they are unable to accept medicaid. We did not realize this when we selected it, as our search was somewhat urgent, so I am including it in this review as a word of warning for other families in similar situations!

Pauline has only been there a week, b...

Pauline has only been there a week, but seems to be settling in well. She is out with others and seems to be fitting in. Communication is wonderful. The smoothie they made for her and the other residents was fabulous. The quality and care of care givers seems heartfelt. I think she will be very happy at Westview.
The private bath and bedroom are perfect.

It wasn't my favorite place.

It wasn't my favorite place. There have been problems with theft with multiple residents including us. They said that they would file a report but I don't think that ever happened, I never got the report. She fell and she had broken bones but the nurse told me she ok, we didn't find out for weeks. My mom loved a lot of the staff and the staff loved her. They have memory care and assisted living, and she is in-between. The food was not elderly freindly, they would serve them wraps and they have false teeth and can't bite off the tortillas. The chefs did a great presentation, and the food was good but it just wasn't elderly friendly. The management were good to us but the nurses and the housekeeping staff were not as friendly.

Westview of Ellisville Assisted Living

My brother and I (and mom) find the staff to be truly caring, supportive, attentive and responsive. The facility is top-notch, bright, clean and well maintained. This is the first place where mom has lived that she says the food is good (coming from her, that's no faint praise).

Westview is not one of those giant facilities that overwhelm the resident. The smaller environment adds to the homeyness and encourages mom to venture out. It is small enough that everyone knows each other, yet large enough to provide plenty of activity and socialization. The physical therapy opportunity is outstanding, and the exercise equipment is first-class.

The administrative staff was exceptionally helpful is getting us through the admission process and the move-in.

The family, including mom, highly recommend Westview of Ellisville Assisted Living.

Everyone is Friendly and Helpful

I especially like how friendly and helpful all the people have been. The food is pretty good. I've eaten there a few times. This was the only one that was level 2 assisted living. We liked that it had a lot of energetic looking people. While we were there a resident came out of the dining room to tell us how much he liked living there. That's a big endorsement to have a current resident come up to you on their own. My dad had gone to an ice cream social and bingo so he's done a little bit but for the most part he doesn't really participate in the activities so I don't know much about them.

It's off the main drag enough that I never would have known it was back there. It's only been open for about a year and it's just been so perfect. I've recommended it to others.

Westview is beautiful and w...

Westview is beautiful and we're planning on moving my father there as soon as he is released from the rehab hospital.

Welcome to Westview Assisted Living & Memory Care, a social retirement community with 83 senior apartments located in Ellisville, MO, just west of St. Louis. Here you or your loved one will receive help with daily living and any needed support for dementia—along with chef-prepared meals, concierge services, and a full slate of social and wellness activities.

Located in west St. Louis County, in the residential neighborhood of Ellisville, Westview provides easy access to the city along with the tranquility of living in beautiful wooded surroundings. We’re just off Interstates 44 and 270—and convenient to downtown, Forest Park and Kirkwood—so you’re close to the places and activities that you enjoy most.