Westview at Ellisville Assisted Living & Memory Care - Ellisville, MO

5 stars generally. THANK YOU.

My loved ones were at W'view for just over 2 yr.—only moved out in Mar. 2018, bec. a higher level of care was needed. Loved the 'smaller' size of the community and more intimate feeling compared to others we visited. Loved the setting with trees out back. I marked all the 'star' reviews with 5. At times, we had little complaints, but overall, 5 stars best fits what we experienced.

Very nice but out of price range.

Samantha McCue

Hello there, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us this 5-star rating and feedback. Have a great day!

We are very unhappy with [Removed]. She is unprofessional and unresponsive to our concerns. We will be moving immediately following the holidays. Westview was once a fun, loving facility. That warmth and family feeling are gone.

Samantha McCue

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy. We would really like the opportunity to discuss your concerns further. Our Executive Director is always available in person, by phone, or email. We hope to speak with you soon.

We love it

The caregivers are taking good care of my parents. They keep me informed of how they are doing and they take care of their medications. The community is nice and surrounded by trees. They have a large exercise room. My parents love the food. The community has a homey feeling to it.

Not Impressed

On the tour I seen a vert nice assisted living section and the memory care too. it was not as nice and seem isolated. I felt they were not willing to negotiate the price and I felt there was room to wiggle with the pricing.

Very Impressive facility!!

I was very impressed with my tour that I had taken of this community. The staff where very friendly and made sure to give us lots of great information on everything they had to offer. They had a luxury style living environment with a lot of great amenities available to all of the residents. It was just not the right fit for my parents in the end decision due to them not having the right apartment available.

My father's happy home

I am happy to know that my father is happy at this community. We both like the staff that are always caring and attentive to his needs. This community is clean with a good enviroment that my father does enjoy. I like knowing that he likes the menu that is offered. My father is happy partcipating in the activites with the other residents. We would recommend this community for the care and the value of a loved one.

Samantha McCue

Hi, reviews like this give us motivation and help us ensure we provide high-quality care. We are always more than happy to assist you if anything else comes up. Take care!

Wonderful ambiance (very home-like) without being dated. Nice amenities (wish they had a pool table) and staff was noted to interact very well with residents (esp in memory care area). Although not "new" it fared 2nd highest rating of the 5 places I've visited in Chesterfield.

Samantha McCue

Hello, thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review! If you're ever in need of more help, please let us know!

Tour and Care

I toured this community and the staff appeared to be nice. The community was clean, but this did not have the feeling that we were looking for. I would recommend that families tour the community for the care of a loved one.

Our New Home

My wife Mary and I have been living at Westview since late Nov 2016. We feel as though it is our home. The building is attractive and very clean. My daughter selected Westview because of the cleanliness. She wanted the best for her parents. Our apartment is spacious with ample storage space. The maintenance is excellent in that requests are filled in a timely manner. Our large screen TV was installed prior to our moving in. Most of our furniture was placed where requested. Beds were assembled. Moving in was easy because of all the pre planning. The food and menu items are adequate. If a menu item is not satisfactory an alternate item may be ordered. Food servers are great. Food is delivered quickly. Desserts are great. All things considered, Westview is a great place. Many activites and friendly people.

Visit

I recently visited a family friend who lives at Westview. At the time of my visit, they were having happy hour. The residents seemed to be having a great time - enjoying the live music and food and drink. The staff were friendly and welcoming. I would definitely recommend Westview to anyone looking for a place such as this for their loved on.

Positive, Supportive Staff Listens & Responds to Families' Needs

Our family is delighted with the positive, supportive community of staff and residents at Westview at Ellisville Assisted Living. From our first contact through what could have been a rocky transition for our 91-year-old mother, we have experienced kind and caring staff members who listen to our needs and are eager to help us. And - most of all - every staff member has helped our dear mother transition from her home smoothly and without a "hiccup". Mom loves the food, the environment, her apartment, and she even has been able to keep her beloved cat with her! We as a family of 7 also feel comfortable in the friendly atmosphere of Westview. We have all found a much needed feeling of security for Mom. We recommend Westview!

Wanted to share some insight of an incredible employee to others, in reference to Tonia, who is the Director of Wellness at Westview. Our parents have been at Westview for one year, although they are still adapting they are doing so well. Tonia goes above and beyond the call of duty it's not just one thing she does, it's a combination of everything. She makes sure they get great medical care. She personally checks in on them quite frequently. She allows my mother to come in her office and sit and work on her letters or her coloring. She loves her to feel like she is part of the office staff. Tonia once said to me, "I want to treat people the way I want my parents to be treated: with respect." Tonia can play tough, too. If some of the staff isn't able to get them out of the apartment, Tonia can do it. She's got a way that they will respond to it because they know she has their best interest at heart. Thank you all the staff at Westview especially Tonia. You're very much appreciated and loved.

You all are absolutely terrific. I can't thank you enough for all the super, loving, and great care you have given mom. I am so happy she is here. God bless all of you.

Highly recommend taking a visit

From the beginning, everyone at Westview at Ellisville was so helpful. It is not an easy decision to make to move a parent from her home. But when circumstances become such that you have no real choice you want to know your loved one is in good hands. Sharon and Robyn spoke with us many times in going through the process and were patient with any questions. I think Tonia, the Wellness Director, practically lives there. She was so kind with our Mom and took into account Mom didn't really know why she was there. The staff knew the names of everyone. Several members of the dining room wait staff even knew what Mom wanted to drink with every meal and what she preferred to eat.

The facility is just beautiful. Looks more like a boutique hotel than assisted living and is always kept very clean. What is great is everything is on site - hair, dining, movies, physical therapy. And they always decorate and celebrate the holidays.

Is it on the pricey side? Yes, but you can pay ala carte for so many services like taking your loved one to meals, bringing them meds or giving a bath, among other options.

Most people have some dementia and the Memory Care Unit that's in the same building is just great. And no where in the building does it smell like a nursing home.

My biggest advice is start looking before you need the care. You can be put on a waiting list and it will give you an idea of what facilities are out there so you aren't caught off guard.

Only visited a few times but from what I've seen its going good so far.

I love this place. My father lives here and I'm hoping to get my Aunt and Uncle to live here, too. The ball is in their court.

Not the place if your loved one needs attention

Westview is a wonderful place for your loved one if they are a problem free resident. If your loved one needs a little bit more personalized care or extra attention, this is not the place. Our loved one was doing fine until he had a couple of issues commonly found with dementia patients. Westview called an ambulance in a non-emergency situation, without our permission and without notifying us. Our loved one was sent alone in the ambulance to the hospital where he waited by himself until we were able to arrive. We were then notified that he was not to return to Westview. Luckily, we found a place that is capable and willing to care for our father.

It was a first class place.

This was a community we toured when looking around. It was very nice, immaculate, with no odors. The people I spoke to were all very nice. It was a first class place. We really liked it. It came down to which community was a better fit for her personality.

Great place!

They've done a fantastic job with everything at Westview! They were very accommodating and helpful during the move-in process, and they really bent over backwards to help her get settled in. They've got all sorts of daily activities, as well as bigger weekly events, and they do a great job with the food!
One thing that really surprised me was that when she suffered an injury that required an extended hospital stay they cut her rates to just the price of the room until she returned. They sent someone once a week to visit her, and even sent flowers!

This was really nice and we liked it a lot.

This was really nice and we liked it a lot. My loved one just really wanted a faith based community.

The quality of the staff is pretty good.

The food could be a little better. The bills seem to come right when they are due and I would like to see them a little sooner. The quality of the staff is pretty good. We needed a higher level of care without that institutional feeling.

They were pretty good but a little on the expensive side.

They were pretty good but a little on the expensive side. They had a separate area that was secured for memory care. The people were pretty nice.

We are real happy with what they are offering.

The staff is excellent. I would like to have more options, they don't have banking options, and they won't hold money at all. They are a small facility, so I think they are limited in that respect. They take them to doctors and to church, so we are real happy with what they are offering. We have had no complaints, it's easy to get in and out of and because it's small they are able to make friends right away.

Very nice community

They've done a great job at this community, it's a lovely looking facility and the staff have all been very friendly and caring. Unfortunately it won't be a permanent option for us, as they are unable to accept medicaid. We did not realize this when we selected it, as our search was somewhat urgent, so I am including it in this review as a word of warning for other families in similar situations!

Pauline has only been there a week, b...

Pauline has only been there a week, but seems to be settling in well. She is out with others and seems to be fitting in. Communication is wonderful. The smoothie they made for her and the other residents was fabulous. The quality and care of care givers seems heartfelt. I think she will be very happy at Westview.
The private bath and bedroom are perfect.

It wasn't my favorite place.

It wasn't my favorite place. There have been problems with theft with multiple residents including us. They said that they would file a report but I don't think that ever happened, I never got the report. She fell and she had broken bones but the nurse told me she ok, we didn't find out for weeks. My mom loved a lot of the staff and the staff loved her. They have memory care and assisted living, and she is in-between. The food was not elderly freindly, they would serve them wraps and they have false teeth and can't bite off the tortillas. The chefs did a great presentation, and the food was good but it just wasn't elderly friendly. The management were good to us but the nurses and the housekeeping staff were not as friendly.

Westview of Ellisville Assisted Living

My brother and I (and mom) find the staff to be truly caring, supportive, attentive and responsive. The facility is top-notch, bright, clean and well maintained. This is the first place where mom has lived that she says the food is good (coming from her, that's no faint praise).

Westview is not one of those giant facilities that overwhelm the resident. The smaller environment adds to the homeyness and encourages mom to venture out. It is small enough that everyone knows each other, yet large enough to provide plenty of activity and socialization. The physical therapy opportunity is outstanding, and the exercise equipment is first-class.

The administrative staff was exceptionally helpful is getting us through the admission process and the move-in.

The family, including mom, highly recommend Westview of Ellisville Assisted Living.

Everyone is Friendly and Helpful

I especially like how friendly and helpful all the people have been. The food is pretty good. I've eaten there a few times. This was the only one that was level 2 assisted living. We liked that it had a lot of energetic looking people. While we were there a resident came out of the dining room to tell us how much he liked living there. That's a big endorsement to have a current resident come up to you on their own. My dad had gone to an ice cream social and bingo so he's done a little bit but for the most part he doesn't really participate in the activities so I don't know much about them.

It's off the main drag enough that I never would have known it was back there. It's only been open for about a year and it's just been so perfect. I've recommended it to others.

Westview is beautiful and w...

Westview is beautiful and we're planning on moving my father there as soon as he is released from the rehab hospital.

Welcome to Westview Assisted Living & Memory Care, a social retirement community with 83 senior apartments located in Ellisville, MO, just west of St. Louis. Here you or your loved one will receive help with daily living and any needed support for dementia—along with chef-prepared meals, concierge services, and a full slate of social and wellness activities.

Located in west St. Louis County, in the residential neighborhood of Ellisville, Westview provides easy access to the city along with the tranquility of living in beautiful wooded surroundings. We’re just off Interstates 44 and 270—and convenient to downtown, Forest Park and Kirkwood—so you’re close to the places and activities that you enjoy most.