The Fountains of West County Senor Living - Ellisville, MO

Family Owned Property

This property is a gem my parents love it here. One of the rare features is that the property is family owned and you can tell that they take pride in the property. There is no smoking at all on the premises which is nice so that keeps the outside and inside clean and maintained. The apartment that my parents have is on the small side but they have plenty of space for both of them to be comfortable. There is so much to do my parents have joined a water aerobic swimming class and they love it. In fact, they allow residents families come over and swim which is wonderful. My parents love the food every day you order off the menu and there are always 2 entree choices. They have lovely table linen table clothes on the tables that are always nicely ironed and look neat The staff is always smiling and friendly you can tell they enjoy what they do and they like spending time with the residents.

The Tour

On the tour It felt lonely and not warm. The hallways looked like it was a fancy rehab.The atmosphere was not a good comfort feeling in the Memory Care and it was more like isolation. The Assisted Living was nice with the freedom the resident could have. They weren't able to negotiate the price even by a little bit.

A tour for mom

We toured this community and liked the staff that was able to answer the questions that we had on the care that is offered. The community was clean and maintain. We did not see a lot of this community. They had activities for the residents. We recommend that families tour for the care of a family member seeking care.

My loved one loves the staff !!

My loved one is really pleased with all of the staff, they have been wonderful to her. The chef is very accommodating to my mothers wants for meals and is constantly making sure she is pleased with her dinning experience. I have no complaints about this community and would definitely recommend this place.

First choice was not the best choice

My Mother-In-Law lived here for approximately 1 year. The food service was our main complaint about this facility. The serving staff were not friendly and often appeared to be put out by any request. We attempted to eat meals with her on several occasions. Once we were rudely ignored and finally told we had not followed the correct guidelines to eat with her. Other times the wait for ordering and getting our food was much too long, often taking 1 to 1 1/2 hours to eat a meal with her. She often complained about the quality of food and ended up with peanut butter and jelly for dinner.
There seemed to be a lot of staff turn-around as well, and they did not seem to enjoy working in that environment.
She is now in a much better facility. Unfortunately, they did not take our leaving well, and the refund we received was less than expected. Despite telling us that her apartment checked out and everything was ok, they deducted money from her deposit stating they needed to replace the carpet.
I would not recommend this facility. There are other very good options to choose from.

99% A Positive Experience

This has been a positive experience so far for my mother and I at The Fountains. Things seem to be going pretty well. My mother had so issues with medicine, and the staff has been working with her regarding that and that is really helpful to me. The community is very clean and nice looking, so no problems there. Mom says the food is great and she enjoys it. So far it has been 99% a positive experience. I have already recommend this community to people, it is new and clean with great people here.

Mom loves it

Mom loves it at The Fountains of West County Senior Living. She likes everything about it. The apartments are very spacious and nice. She thinks the food is really good. She likes the facilities, the pool, the exercise classes. She wishes they had more exercise classes.She was looking for more from the person who does their activities. She was tentative when she first moved there but after 2 weeks she decided that this was the place for her.

Place for Mom

It is a beautiful community. Bright, clean and the staff was friendly and professional. It has the amenities of several other communities but I thought my mother would like this the best because it feels like a home.

Met with Casey Coffman, very nice. Pluses 40 resident facility, rate is all inclusive, felt welcoming and comfortable, apts were a nice size, only 4 miles from me, was very impressed with the professionalism of the staff that I saw. Negative is no w/d in the apt. This is the one I liked it the best, so much that I put down a deposit to reserve an apt.

Response to Margaret's Review

My husband and I have been residents here for seven months. We have an entirely different attitude about The Fountains. From day one, we felt welcomed by the friendly staff and atmosphere, and we quickly adjusted to the new lifestyle. The activities and socialization keep us as busy as we care to be; the amount of time we spend in our independent living apartment is entirely up to us. We are left alone, yet have safety/security devices with which to summon immediate help if needed. The dining room presents multiple delicious choices for meals, and it still feels as if we're on vacation when we sit down to order. When nearly 100 people are being served at a seating, there are bound to be glitches. (Heavens, we had them at our house all the time!) Occasionally, there can be up to a 45 minute wait, but that is infrequent. Chatting with table mates while waiting makes the time go fast. [removed] the majority of us are happy here and feel very much at home. I wouldn't wish to be anywhere else.

Joye's new home

My wife, Joye, is one of the original residents of "The Fountains of West County" brand new Assisted Living community. From the first day of the move we have found their staff to be the most helpful, friendly, from the management and receptionist to the caring ample floor personnel to take care of the daily needs of my wife and the residents. Lots of fun activities offer opportunities to socialize. Joye has found the food to be very good, well prepared and with individual choices available at all three meals. As you can see, Joye is very happy in her new home at "The Fountains" and we, her family, are assured in the knowledge that we have found a nice and new home for her.

Special place to call home

The Fountains Assisted Living has been so wonderful for my Mom and given me a great Peace of Mind. At almost 100, she really needed more help with everyday activities and wasn't able to live independently anymore. Here, she has help getting dressed, taking her medication and bathing. Although her apartment is just the right size, she doesn't spend a lot of time in it. She is encouraged to participate in activities all designed to keep her active and her mind sharp. She has made several new friends and the staff makes it feel like a warm and welcoming home. She is happy and comfortable and I know that she is safe and well cared for. The staff is remarkable. Her care is Individualized not institutionalized. She loves the food and I love the fact that she has three nutritionally balanced meals every day. She gets her hair done, has her nails manicured, attends ice cream socials, makes crafts, exercises and plays word and board games. Not a bad life for any of us-let alone a 100 year old. I'm so happy we found such a special place for Mom.

Care Free Lifestyle

I love living here at the Fountains because it's has freed me up to really enjoy these older years without being burdened with all the chores of ordinary life. With those taken care of I now have the time, but also the energy for more activities and for exploring new opportunities for learning and growth. I have always believed that older people should live together in communities to avoid loneliness and inspire them to pursue new interests to keep healthy and active. And that has proved to be very true for me here.
The Fountains has an outstanding staff who keep us busy with all kinds of events, entertainment and challenges and see that we are always well cared for. You'll find we also have a congenial group of residents who are friendly and welcoming. Altogether it's a carefree and Independent lifestyle which can't be beat!

Resident

One of the many things I love about the Fountains is I never feel alone. There is always someone to care for me if I should need them. I live a very full life at the Fountains. I'm always busy with exercise, bingo, penny poker, pokeno and going on the bus to lunch or dinner. I'm living the Life of Riley. Thanks to many friends and staff. One of the most rewarding feelings is my children know how happy I am at the Fountains. Thanks to the wonderful care I receive from Linda and her staff.

Fountains IL Resident

Peace of Mind

We moved my Dad and Stepmom to the Independent Living at The Fountains of West County about a year and a half ago. They loved it. However, as time went on my Dad's Alzheimer's got increasingly worse. My Stepmom also has it. It was time to move them to the "New Assisted Living Memory Care" building at The Fountains of West County. They have been there now for about 6 months. They love it and so do we. Their floor and their apartment are just like a regular residence. The facility is brand new and beautiful. The nurses and staff are excellent. They always have a good sense of humor and a lot of patience. The entire staff is also extremely caring and responsible. We both find ourselves less worried about my Dad and Stepmom now, as we know they are getting great care. We would highly recommend The Fountains of West County.

Resident

I moved in March 2006. I have seen some changes, but all is ok. The Fountains have a lot to offer us. There are different card games, fitness. We have a bus with terrific drivers, taking us to appointments, shopping, etc. We can go out to dinner, movies just what a person can and want to do. The staff is great, always ready to help us. Housekeepers, maintenance, ladies at the desk, all are ready to help.

To me the Fountains is my home away from home. I'm very glad to have a place like the Fountains to live.

The right thing for me to do!

I am Harry and became a resident of The Fountains of West County in April of this year and what a wonderful experience it has been! Truly the right decision for me to make. Thanks to Linda and her staff the entire move in was flawless. The accommodations are "up town" and more then ever meet my needs. The apartment is spacious and bright. The restaurant is first class. The workers have personality and strive to make the dining experience enjoyable. Getting acquainted with all the residents makes dining so pleasant.

Each day there is something for everybody to do. The monthly activity calendar is full and includes trips through-out the area.

Let me say it again...this was the right thing for me to do!

Wonderful Community and Staff

My parents needed to move to St. Louis from Pennsylvania to live closer to one of their children. While looking for a place to live, we liked the apartments and facilities at the Fountains, and my parents quickly developed a special connection with Linda Iken-Robertson, who was then the Assistant Director. My parents moved into the Fountains in August 2007. Since then, I have been very impressed with the programs and activities available to my parents and the other residents at the Fountains. However, the most important thing is that I know my parents have been safe in a nurturing environment. The key person ensuring each resident's specific needs are met is Linda, who is now the Executive Director. Linda is quick to meet with family members to address any concerns and is always available for emotional support.

Linda and her staff understand and respect the elderly and the concerns of their families.

...so far the community seems great!

The community is actually in the process of remodeling. They have already remodeled some rooms, the Dining area, and the common area. Looks like they're putting a good deal of money back into the community. Which is great!
If there are any changes with my parents, they call us right away and also call and update us with things that are discussed with the Doctors. The over all value for what we pay is great, as well. Everything is included but the phone and WIFI. So laundry, meals and activities. The Rooms are not the biggest, we did look at some other communities with more spacious rooms, but for the price they got deal. The only downside would be that there is very limited parking and nothing is flat outside, so for family members with trouble walking, its all up hill. But other than that the so far the community seems great!

Not as happy as I could be

There are sooo many people here with too few employees to answer a call within a weeks time or to receive a meal while seated for 45 minutes. We need an added Activities helper. You can't get to an activity in time because there is not enough time allotted to get from the dinner to the activity because the dinning room is crowded and you have to wait so long to be served. Advertising is misleading as to services received. Bathroom is not connected to the bedroom in one bedroom apartments. Second seatings in dinning room have some things unavailable at second seating. Some items are not available for 5:45 (second seating) at dinner time, such as ice tea for 3 days, romaine lettuce, mustard, many desserts etc. I know your answer would be 'there are other things on the menu I could order' if I came to the first seating. I don't eat my supper at 4:15. Is that fair? I have diabetes and am not suppose to take my insulin there but I have to eat 15 minutes after the shot, this does not happen. I talked to John but he had excuses and said That was not in your advertisement. I guess a lot of things were omitted I should have read the small print (my bad) I thought the customer is always right. I guess I was wrong. I compared This Place to another Retirement Community in which I lived and there is much unfamiliar territory here. Many things included at the same price point at Garden Villas too many to list.

Very nice person (Casey Coffman) contacted me. If my father wasn't already living in a different location, I would definitely be considering this one, however they have no two bedroom units currently available.

nice place

I had two choices for my parents, this one and one other place. I ended up placing them in the other place because it was just a little brighter and gave me a better feel, but it was a very close call. I was impressed with what I saw of The Fountains of West County. Good people and nice facility.

This is one of the places we toured as we were looking for options.

This is one of the places we toured as we were looking for options. It wasn't a great option for us. They didn't have a billiards table, and the cable was very expensive to get set up. It was clean, and the staff was friendly, but it wasn't what we were looking for.

We really liked this,

We really liked this, but the assisted living isn't open yet. It's independent living now and you can hire a home health agency. Ultimately we wanted a faith based community

Very safe

We haven’t been here very long, but so far it’s working out well. It’s friendly and safe. They have a great system for safety. They do a lot of things to make sure the residents are safe. Generally the food is okay. They have nice outside areas.

We loved this place. I'm glad we found this place.

We loved this place. I'm glad we found this place. The food is pretty good. They give you plenty of it too. We had a friend that told us they really liked it, which is one of the reasons we chose it. This was also newer, and the rooms were bigger, than another place we were considering.

My overall experience wasn't great, but things may have changed since then.

The meals were great when we moved in but they went totally downhill after that. It was really big. They had great activities. They charged extra for everything. There were communication mix-ups. My overall experience wasn't great, but things may have changed since then. They have on-site home health services so everything is extra. They charged $400 for medication management.

Great place, the food is excellent

This place is as nice as any we've seen. The staff have been excellent, and all of the services, amenities, and activities provided have been great. The food in particular is excellent, which is something you really have to be careful with when looking for senior communities.

We are very happy with what we found.

We are very happy with what we found.

beautiful and has a lot to offer

beautiful and has a lot to offer

The Fountains of West County is a wonderful place to live! Our community consists of Independent Living, Assisted Living and a Memory Care Neighborhood. We offer our families studios, private one and two bedroom apartments nd shared suites. We are located at the intersection of Clarkson and Clayton, just minutes from shopping, restaurants, entertainment, and more. We've designed our community with you in mind, exceptional amenities, services and personalized quality of care. Come visit us today and see what makes us different!