Brookdale West County - Ballwin, MO

Brookdale West County - Ballwin, MO has yet not published prices.

[Removed] was very helpful and personable. She was thoughtful enough to give us a small, appropriate gift.

The facility was clean and welcoming, and the rates seem more or less in line with other comparable facilities.

We enjoyed the visit, but are not ready to commit to anyone just yet.

Brookdale West County

My loved one stayed here for a short time. The community itself was nice. It's in a nicer part of town, so it was quite fancy. However, I was frustrated with the way they decided to handle my loved one's stay. They placed my loved one in the memory care unit, but I did not feel that they required that level of care. I moved my loved one when they became very ill, but Brookdale couldn't give any treatment because their in house doctor was on vacation.

Options for care

We toured this community for care. The staff did not make me feel welcome. We did not get far on this tour due to me not liking the staff. The environment seemed to be clean. We would suggest that other families consider taking a tour on their own for a family member

I Appreciate the Honesty

It's going okay for my dad. I felt like it took them months to actually provide the ADLs, the basic stuff. I was disappointed but the director never gave me excuses and kept trying to improve and was honest about having night issues with the staff, a lot of turn overs. I appreciated his honesty. They really like my dad. and they have gotten to know me really well. They have planned activities. The community colors are warm and homey. I was impressed when the director drove to my house to redo an assessment.

Tour Was A Nice One

We had a good tour of this community. Everything went well, and we didn't have any problems. The staff we met was kind, and polite. The community appeared to be well maintained. Everyone was kind to my family, and I. It was not the one for us, but our tour was a nice one.

Friendly Staff!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken of this community. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to give us lots of great information on everything they had to offer. They had a nice floor plan with lots of great amenities available to all of the residents. It was just not the right location in the end decision.

A Family Community!!

I like that this community has various activities for the residents. They send advertisements to families that invite them to come participate in different activities with their loved ones. I would highly recommend this place since the beginning that i visited their cleanliness and nice staff stood out. They help with making the residents feel like they are at home.

Review of Brookdale West County - Ballwin, MO

This was a nice place. We toured it more than once. The location was the primary reason we went with a different facility

Outstanding Community

It was a crazy at first with the move in and getting everything settled for my father. Once we got everything settled everything has been outstanding. The staff is very helpful and kind they have been a pleasure to work with. It is a really nice looking community, they keep everything very well maintained around there. The food is great looks good and smells good. I would highly recommend this community to anyone that is considering senior living for their loved one this is a excellent place.

Review of Brookdale West County - Ballwin, MO

Really lovely place and the staff seem attentive to the residents. Price was high but not the most expensive Id seen.

good, but wasn't for us

The Solana West County was a nice place, but it turned out that my father did not fit in well there. We ended up having to take him some place else. It was a good place though with good staff and all. Nothing negative at all to say about them, just wasn't for him.

Stay Away

Don't send you loved one here. Nursing staff is incompetent. They can't take vital signs and when a medical problem happens they wait 3 hours to contact family members. Office staff are rude and don't file papers on time with insurance companies. Food is brought in and warmed up. No in house kitchen!

Very nice person (Susan Ford) contacted me. I just think the Solana is too expensive to meet my family's needs.

They are doing an excellent job.

They are doing an excellent job. I really looked around everywhere around here, and The Solana is really good. It's clean, and the staff is really great. She really likes the food, and she is picky eater, I have eaten there too, and it was really good. She is happy there, and everyone else is happy there too!

A first class place.

We toured this when making a choice. It was very clean, immaculate with no odors. The people I spoke with were all very nice. This was a little out of our price range. It was a first class place though.

Caring

My mom moved into the Solana shortly after opening in 2012. We weren't happy with the prior facility she was residing in so we began our search. We met with Sales and then the ED. We were impressed with their longevity and passion for being in the "caring" business. We had toured other facilities but in the end we chose Solana and we couldn't be happier! The staff are so friendly, greet you with a smile, it is clean and active! Of course there have been growing pains along the way but I haven't met anyone that is perfect and I know I wouldn't be able to care for my mom the way Solana has cared for her. My mom is happy which makes me very happy! I am thankful for Solana and appreciative of what the staff do everyday! It truly takes a special person and at Solana we have found many!

A new home

I moved my parent here from out of state. The staff at The Solana have bent over backwards from the start to insure a smooth and welcoming transition. We have been most impressed by the efficiency, the professionalism, the helpfulness, and the friendliness of everyone we have come into contact with thus far.

We felt this was too cramped, it was way too small.

We felt this was too cramped, it was way too small. They had separate areas for memory care, it was very secure. The man we spoke to, I think his name was Ray, was very nice. I felt like they didn't do that great of a job with answering my scenarios, what would they do if certain situations occurred.

So far they have been phenomenal!

So far they have been phenomenal! They call me for everything. They have a mobile x-ray unit to take an x-ray if they fall. It's assisted living and they do have memory care. They have taken very good care of her and have taken a lot off of my shoulders. I honestly have not had anything bad to say. You do have to watch the bill closely everything is itemized. Every server and every aide I have come across, have all been more than I expected. I have highly recommended them to several people already. They have more staff and more 24 hour staff, so there is always somebody in the building.

I couldn't ask for more!

My mother was required to move out of rehab earlier than expected after her stroke. We had contacted Solana earlier about moving mom there selecting an efficiency for her, but we had two days notice that she was being released earlier.
Solana went out of their way to provide a temporary room until her assigned room became available two weeks later. It was such a relief for us, since everyone there was friendly and caring.
Mom has upgraded from an efficiency to a one-bedroom place since then and is doing well.
I live 400+ miles away so I can only visit monthly. I continue to be surprised that everyone know who I am by name, knows exactly where my mom is at the moment (restaurant, class activity, etc.), and provides near immediate response on my requests for billing, health records, etc.
The care has been wonderful, the food has been really good, and the place treats you like family.
I couldn't ask for more!

IF YOU LOVE YOUR FAMILY MEMBERT BRING THEM HERE

My mother has been at this facility since April 2013. In her first 3 weeks she lost 10 lbs and was hospitalized for dehydration. The administrator flatly REFUSED to follow physician orders. A member of the staff was caught going through my mother's jewelry when my mother was out of the room. The list goes on. IF YOU LOVE YOUR FAMILY MEMBER, DO NOT BRING THEM HERE. I am sorry I did. This place looks pretty, but looks are deceiving.

DO NOT BRING YOUR LOVED ONE HERE

My mother has been at this facility for the last 4 months and we have had more problems than I can begin to describe here. Within the first 3 weeks, my mother had lost 10 lbs and been hospitalized for dehydration. They do not have an electronic medical record and do not record TIMES medication is given. The Administrator has REFUSED to follow the physician's written order. IF YOU LOVE YOUR FAMILY MEMBER, DO NOT BRING THEM HERE. I'm sorry I did. Looks pretty, but looks can be deceiving.

Closest place turned out to be the best place

This all happened so fast, I talked to other places that were a reasonable distance, but The Solana West county ended up being the best. My father started receiving physical therapy on day three after checking in. Still in the evaluation stage, the staff and doctors just getting to know my father an his capabilities. We are happy with their services so far.

Brookdale West County provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Our residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

We promise Respect for Individual Preferences and offer personalized care needs in an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. Our community provides a comfortable lifestyle, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs and care. Our residents enjoy life with any support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change
Our community is dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents every day with signature services to those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care and value. We offer special housing and care options for those who require assistance with the activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and administration of medications.

Our Clare Bridge Place program serves those with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia. Each day, we promise to work to deliver Daily Moments of Success for each resident. The Clare Bridge Daily Path provides structure and activities each day designed to meet specific needs of those with dementia, while the Clare Bridge Dining Program, designed by a gerontologist and registered dietitian, helps residents retain the ability to enjoy and master the daily dining experience.