Sunrise of Chesterfield - Chesterfield, MO

Top choice to date. An environment that Dad would feel good in I think. Church service and daily popcorn and fresh cookies right up his alley. I like the salon as well.

Warm, Friendly, & Caring

I would recommend this place to anybody. It is a very warm, friendly, and caring place. If I’m in St. Louis this is the place that I would like to be in. Compared to other places that I have seen, it actually feels more like a home than a facility. In the memory care area it is very secured. The residents can’t go on the elevators on that floor to wander. It is a nicely sized property with 3 floors. They also provided meals with good menus and good choices.

Great assistance response time

Everything went well while Mom was here. The staff was very good in their interactions with her and they were really attentive. The food was very good and there was a good variety of it. There are all kinds of activities that the facility provides and I saw a bus come and go every once in a while to take the residents out. I know they also have a community room where they’ll show football games and everyone can get together to watch. Everything looked pretty clean while she was there and their response time was really good. If you needed someone to help, they were right there. It felt more like a home than a facility, which I really liked. Overall, I would recommend them.

Comfort for mom

This is a great community for excellent care. The staff is very caring to the needs of the residents. The community is clean and has a nice environment for the residents. The menu is appealing. We like that they offer a lot of good activities for her. We would recommend this community for other families.

If They Were More Close To Me

I really enjoyed the tour and what they community has to offer. They were initially my first choice but they were too far in distance. Having my parent in a convenient location was more better for me.

Tour Went Well Overall

I had a nice tour of this community. I toured it for my mother, and her needs. The experience went well overall. Everyone was very kind to my family, and I. The community looked clean from what we saw. The staff was friendly, and my questions were answered. Everything went well.

Things are working out

The staff at this community seem friendly and helpful. Mom has not complained about the food. They are good at taking her out on scenic drives and out to eat. They have a beauty shop on site. They keep the community clean and I would recommend taking a look at it.

Nice Variety of Foods to Choose From

I'am comfortable with my mother's move to this community. Everything is working out pretty well, and she is doing well. They have a great staff at this community. They have been attentive, and helpful. She is pleased with the meals, they have a nice variety of foods too choose from. There are activities offered for the residents when they are ready to participate. It has been a good experience, and this is a community i would recommend.

My parents lived there for a short time on the memory floor - one parent with memory issues and one without, so we were able to know what was going on with their care. Lots of problems - medicine repeatedly not given at the proper time or at all, inconsistent help, several falls when the caregivers didn't come, poor communication and lack of a schedule. They failed miserably to deliver what Sunrise had promised - in my parents' own words.

Sunrise Senior Living

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving(dot) com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise team

Nice community!

The staff that offered the tour of Sunrise of Chesterfield were very friendly and courteous. They took the time to address all of my concerns and were very helpful in our search. The community was not as updated as others that I visited in the area.

Friendly social atmosphere!

We're very pleased with how things turned out at Sunrise of Chesterfield, it's a very nice place! It's on the smaller side, and the whole place just has a very tight-knit sociable feel. The staff really treat the residents like family! The aides are friendly, professional, and very patient, and they take great care of the people who live here!

My mother in law has only been there a week and so far everything is working out well. They are still getting to know her so things are not running smoothly but I think with a little more time that will change. My mother in law can be a bit of a challenge when she wants to be. Costs are another matter. Everything other than the room and meals is ala carte so to speak so we don't yet know what our recurring costs will be. They will change based on the level of care my mother in law will require and they are still evaluating that.

Dad Is Doing Very Well Here

My father is doing very well at this community. They are caring for him very good and I know he is happy and safe. The community looks great, it is very clean and someone is always cleaning. The staff is good and they have been very helpful and kind to us. They have good activities for the residents and the food is nice. I would recommend this community because they are caring for my father very well.

Still adjusting to Sunrise

We have not used any other similar services. I was disappointed with the activities but it is winter. The staff are very friendly but I'm not sure it's as well run as I expected.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you have not been pleased with your experience at Sunrise. We'd like to learn more details, please email us at Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com so that we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team.

you always expect more than what is actually delivered. The
care managers are friendly and caring.

Compasionate, caring employees.

Our mother received compassionate care at Sunrise of Chesterfield.
We looked forward to being greeted by Duggan!
The staff was friendly and clearly respected our mother and made us feel like she was the most important resident.

Wonderful Staff!

This is a wonderful place where the staff definitely makes a difference. They are friendly, kind, and genuinely care about the residents.

Sometimes, however, people wait as long as 20 minutes to get a response when they call for assistance. I've noticed this generally occurs during mealtimes. This is why I did not give Sunrise a five star rating. In every other respect, Sunrise is a wonderful home.

Things are going great at Sunrise of Chesterfield. We do not have any complaints so far.

No parkng

My compliant is the lack of visitor parking. I hav driven there several times just to see that there was no place to park.

Nice clean facility

Although we have had a few minor issues, things are going well. The staff is always pleasant and they seem as if they really care for the residents. This is a nice, clean facility.

I am so grateful to Marcus at A Place for Mom for helping me find Sunrise of Chesterfield. The facility is exquisite and the care givers are kind. My father is safe and surrounded by a beautiful building. His only concern is there seems to be short staffing so residents spend a long time waiting for meds and transport if they are wheel chair dependent. Hopefully, this situation will improve.

very happy

The staff at Sunrise of Chesterfield are all extremely friendly. I am there 2-4 times a week and have gotten to know them pretty well. They are all wonderful and very eager to make the residents happy.

As far as the administration staff, we have had a few small issues. For example, we needed a hospital bed instead of a traditional bed and I had to remind them a couple times on that.

But overall I am very pleased with the care she is getting and the environment. It was important that we find a place where she would be happy, and she is very happy here.

response time isn't good

My concerns at Sunrise of Chesterfield would be that in the evening their response time isn't good when the residents need help. Dad pulled his cord three times and no one responded and helped him. Also dad is supposed to shower once a week and sometimes the staff let him not take one if he doesn't want to. The need to be more persistent and work with him to get him to. I also really think the parking lot needs more spaces there. It is difficult to find a space especially on weekends. I think they have improved some of these things since I addressed them.

Sunrise Senior Living

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

A very friendly community

The Sunrise of Chesterfield is a very friendly community. The only concern I have is the communication. We talk to different people and get different input about my loved one. I would say they need more one on one communication. Other than that, we are very pleased. The staff is friendly and caring. My overall rating of this property is 4 stars. It is a nice community. The residents are welcoming and kind.

Very Good!

It's been very good. My cousin has been there since the beginning of March. She's been very happy. She has been much more sociable. I can tell the difference in her talk. She's getting physical therapy. The meals are very good. I have eaten with her before. She's getting to know the people that eat at her table. It's been a positive experience. At first she would not participate in the activities but is starting to participate now.

Great home like atmosphere

We have been at Sunrise for two months and everyone is friendly and helpful. I do have to occasionally ask for something twice (such as tissue or a snack)since they are busy and sometimes forget.
They have lots of activities but my dad will not participate in anything.
The facility is very homelike and food is good. My dad is a picky eater and he can always find something he likes.

We are very happy with Sunrise.

We are doing very good right now. We are very happy with Sunrise. It's very clean, and the staff is friendly. They have plenty of activities and the food is good. We don't have any concerns at this time. Everything is working out very well.

I cannot say enough about these people.

I cannot say enough about these people. It's like having sisters. They have taken my mom from laying on the table to her old ornery self. I feel like I have family. It's assisted living, and they get really close to a nursing home.

When I toured here, they seemed to be disorganized.

When I toured here, they seemed to be disorganized. I was asking questions about how long the different staff members had been there. Most of them were new, there is a high turnover rate there. We had heard from other people who had stayed here before that they were unhappy with them. During the tour there was a woman who had fallen, it seemed like it took them a while to get things under control and seemed very chaotic, it also seemed like the woman laid there on the floor for a while as they tried to get it together. Maybe with time they will be better, but other Sunrise communities seem to be better organized.

A first Class Place

We toured here while we were looking and trying to make a decision. It was very nice, but out of our price range. It was very clean, immaculate. The people I spoke with were very nice, it was a first class place.

This is pretty much just for Alzheimer's and Dementia,

This is pretty much just for Alzheimer's and Dementia, it was hard to be social. Their dining was awful, people would be yelling across the room, and there wasn't enough staff or well enough trained staff to handle it. The billing is so screwed up, I am still working on this after we moved out. They had just changed ownership and a lot of the employees are jumping ship. They did have a bus with a lift to go on outings, that was the one good thing.

Sunrise Senior Living

We're sorry to hear you did not have a positive experience. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving (dot) com so that we can better understand your concerns - The Sunrise Team

Nice looked place, but seemed understaffed

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. This was a beautiful facility, very clean and well kept. However, the care didn't seem quite as good as other communities we saw in the area. They seemed understaffed, especially in the evenings.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your review. We take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more. Please email us at Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com. Thank you, Sunrise Team.

Great care at Sunrise!

Our father has really enjoyed the surroundings and care at Sunrise of Chesterfield. He raves about the food choices and friendliness of the staff! The setting is beautiful with easy access to porches and the outdoors, which he was really missing at his last facility. The staff has been exceptional about informing us of his progress and concerns.

There have been a lot of problems and the family has made many comments and requested to have the bathroom clean, it doesn't get done. They want to charge more for the things they are already paying for and not getting. He's dirty, the beds dirty, the bathroom is dirty. There have been issues with medication management. It's beautiful and the people seem to be nice, but they just don't seem to do their job. If you don't have a lot of problems it would be ok, but the care is just not there.

We are happy with their services.

We are happy with their services. They have gotten to know our loved one, and he is eating better than he was at home. The office staff was very helpful when doing the search, they were able to give good answers to any scenario I presented. While we have been there the staff has been wonderful. They don't seem overwhelmed when we are there, they are very well gelled as a staff. It really looked like a Hilton when we walked inside. The only thing I would improve would be to have better communication with getting started caring for the residents, the particulars of the individual, maybe a questionaire, about things like a particular way you like to do things.

Very nice place

This is a very nice community, and they are doing a great job taking care of my loved ones. The staff are very friendly, and do a great job of caring for the residents and keeping the place looking clean. There's plenty of things to do keep everyone entertained and active. They also are very good about communication, and always keep me updated if they notice anything out of the ordinary going on with my loved ones.

Good Program

I think it would have been a great option. It seemed really good for people with Alzheimers and dementia except that they didn't have quite the level of nursing care licensing that another community did but it is still pretty high. I think it was a very good program for keeping people active.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant touring experience. If you’d like to discuss, please contact us at [removed] so we can learn more. Thank you, Sunrise Team

Really Nice but Expensive

It seemed very nice. It looks clean, doesn't smell bad, and has beautiful decor. Outside each room they've got little collages in shadowboxes about that person to give people going in some idea of that person. That was kind of neat. It was very nice but it was quite a bit more expensive. All the care that we were looking for were all extra add ons and there was a fee for the paper products for incontinent care.

I really liked Sunrise but we were concerned about the price.

A beautiful place and a perfect place...

A beautiful place and a perfect place to place Dad in. The director is wonderful and did a great job showing me around the place.

If you’re looking for an assisted living option other than the traditional nursing home, Sunrise on Chesterfield is a great choice. We offer a range of individualized assistance and care—from light support to care that addresses more complex needs—in a setting that feels like home.

Guided by our Principles of Service, Sunrise affords families peace-of-mind by providing today’s seniors with a range of personal assisted living services, from assistance with activities of daily living such as eating, bathing, and dressing to medication monitoring. Our residents maintain the same privacy in their new home as they enjoyed in their own home. Our resident-centered approach to senior care is designed to maintain independence and dignity, yet is balanced with the comfort and security that comes from knowing experienced help is close at hand.