Westchester Senior Living - Tempe, AZ

Dated dull and unappealing. All facilities have to be accessed from outside. It’s way too hot for my elderly love one to be left navigating in the blazing heat alone. Balcony set up seems unsafe. They were unsafe. The tour guide was nice but not knowledgeable because she said she worked on another side. She said she would have to have someone get back to me to answer my question. She also was unable to get the door open to show us the room, so we were left in the heat while she looked for maintenance to help. They apologize but all in all this place did not rank very high. I could not in good faith recommend it to anyone else.

Dated dull and unappealing. All facilities have to be accessed from outside. It’s way too hot for my elderly live one to be left navigating in the blazing heat alone. Balcony set up seems unsafe. They were unsafe. The tour guide was nice but not knowledgeable because she said she worked on another side. She said she would have to have someone get back to me to answer my question. She also was unable to get the door open to show us the room, so we were left in the heat while she looked for maintenance to help. They apologize but all in all this place did not rank very high. I could not in good faith recommend it to anyone else.

Small facility - not much activities

While looking into other facilities we were told that the meals were not included in the price we were quoted. They didn’t have many services on site compared to another facility we went with and they also did not have many activities. It is also a smaller property.

Worst on the list

While I was looking at options that were recommended to me this was the worst on the list. The area where the assisted living was is beautiful, lovely, as well as the apartments. However, the memory care side just looked like mental ward. They are closed off with their doors and it’s like they just locked them in. The people that were there seemed alright, but they didn’t seem active at all. The other people seemed nice as well, but there was just no way that I would put my love one here. If you have just a little mentality left, I’m sure you would go bats being here.

Dad is Happy here

They are warm and welcoming here and helped us instantly. The staff is wonderful, caring, and loving. He usually ate in his room but would go down a mingle during the morning to have his coffee and donuts. They have lots of daily activities here and the try to engage him to join in. It is lean and beautiful. They have a nice outdoor area with a swimming pool out there. I would recommend this.

Westchester Senior Living

I toured Westchester and thought it was an excellent facility. However, I felt that it was in a little more congested, parking lotty kind of area, and I really wanted a more quiet place for my loved one in a more tucked away area.

Clean, friendly, accessible, affordable; can totally imagine making a home here through all phases of my journey.

Moms experience

My Mom lived here for almost 2 years. She spent a year in the Villa independent living and the rest of her life in the Garden Court assisted living. I will say that this is not the fanciest place in town, but the apartments are clean and spacious. By far the best thing about Westchester is the staff. They are loving and dedicated to the people they care for. I cannot thank them enough for their care.

Haven't heard a word from them! I scheduled from this site twice, but both directors are off on weekends (pity) the receptionist was nice enough to give me a brochure an a sincere apology. Although the lowest price, the place looked very run down from the outside and I did not have a good feeling with it's location. Apparently since they couldn't be bothered I don't have to worry about it.

Would not recommend it!!

I was not very impressed with this property when I had taken my tour for my loved one. The community was very run down and everything just seemed old and outdated. It was not very clean and I would not want my parent or loved one living in facility like this one. The positive thing they had going for them was the staff was polite and professional to our needs.

A community for care

We toured this community for the care for my mom. The staff is very friendly. They have a list of nice activities. The menu looked appealing. We liked that the community was clean and seemed maintained. We would suggest that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

It's A Great Place

I love it here! The staff are wonderful their work is terrific. The activities are great. I do go once or twice a week to eat and I have met a lot people. The meals they serve are pretty good but I have a nice kitchen to make most of my meals. The bus takes us to the grocery store every Wednesday. I would recommend them. For me the location was the best.

A bit pricey for us!!

When I toured Westchester, I really liked it. The deciding factor was the price. The all inclusive was 2100 and she would have to have pay for other things on the side. The tour guide was friendly and helpful, but it was not what we were looking for.

Seeing That It Was Not Going To Work

I liked the tour we had. The representative was professional with us and they were ready to show us the community. The apartment was more nice looking that was better for a handicap person. The dining arrangement had everyone sit together at the same time. My dad wanted more flexibility. I felt I got all the answers to ensure I was getting familiar with the community.

Not an option for me!

I would not recommend this place to anyone. When I toured, the staff seemed to treat everyone like they were a pain. They were not gentle, they were rough with the residents. When I walked in, my daughter and I just looked at each other and knew this was not the place.

So far so good!!

My friend is really enjoying herself at the Westchester Senior Living. She tells us to how much she enjoys the coffee and breakfast in the mornings. She recently joined the church activities. She is very happy there and gets along with everyone.

My tour.

This is an older smaller community that they are trying to improve. It did seem run down when we visited. The people I met were nice and knowledgeable. The community did seem clean.

A new home

I live in this nice community. I have had to adjust to the meal times. It is early and I am not used to it. The food is very The staff is nice and caring. the community is nice, but a small improvement. I like my new apartment living space. I like that it is very quiet. The computer in the room needs to be monitored. they offer me a lot of good activities and participating with others is nice. I like that they have someone to come into my room and help with a few cleaning areas. I recommend the care and the value. I really like the dining area and the game room.

More Independent Living!

What I like about this community is that they are not for profit, so their friendliness and care feel more genuine. The place is a nice community, it is kept very clean and well maintained. My dad has only gone down once for breakfast, but they have continental breakfast every day. They have outings and bible study which he really likes. They're doing physical updates on walkways currently, so once those are done I'm sure the place will look a lot nicer.

Our Loved One Is Cared For

I think the care is going well for my loved one. We really enjoy his daytime caregiver and the 2 evening caregivers are phenomenal. He developed bed sores, the doctor ordered him to be turned. The caregivers have been turning him as requested, we are pleased with the care. The staff have been accommodating and help make my loved one feel comfortable, he is still transitioning. I have tasted the food and it's fine, nothing exceptional. They normally have weekly menus printed. I would recommend this community to others.

I would not recommend this community!!!

The staff were nice at this community. During our tour of Westchester I noticed the community was dirty and some of the buildings were in disrepair. They had dirty carpets and it would not work for us.

Happy at Westchester!

I am so happy with my apartment at the Westchester Villas. The residents and staff have been very friendly and anxious to help in whatever way they can.
The laundry area is always clean and is very spacious and convenient with no problem in having machines available when I have needed it.
The maintenance department has sometimes been slow in responding to my needs in small changes and but they seem to be short handed at this time. They are very friendly and helpful when they do get to my requests.
Westchester Senior Center is exactly what I was looking for when I started looking for a Senior Center and I am delighted ho have found it.

My Mother Is Safe And In Good Hands Here

My mother is still adjusting to this community, but so far everything is working out pretty well. They are doing a good job caring for her and her needs. It is a very nice looking community, they do a good job with the cleanliness. There are activities offered for the residents. They allowed for her to bring her little dog to the community. I know she is safe and good hands. This is a community I would recommend, it is a lovely place.

They Did The Best They Could

They are great and have helpful staff who are nice, attentive, and encouraged my mom along the way. I think the community was always clean and they have a nice courtyard. My mom did her best with the meals but I wish they had more options to choose from. In The end, Mom was not ready for a community and they did they best they could to make her feel comfortable and happy.

Near-Perfect Fit

Westchester is a near-perfect fit for my mother. She is very happy there. Good location, easily accessible. She can be relatively independent, yet participate in the activities she wants, and interact with similar residents. Assisted living support is readily available, and residents are monitored for problems. Staff were very friendly and approachable. As a non-profit facility (through Volunteers of America), the costs were reasonable, much better than those at other nearby facilities we toured.

It provides a beautiful..active..safe environment with loving care.

My sister is very happy in Tivoli Manor where they treat her with respect and love. The food has been excellent, and she loves sitting at the linen-dressed tables to eat all of her meals. The activities are so helpful to quality of daily life. She is thrilled to be there.

mom is so happy there

The people who work at Westchester Senior Living are absolutely incredible. They are really warm and friendly. They just go out of there way to make residents feel comfortable. My mom is so happy there. They have made a huge difference. They are working on the appearance of the facility itself, it looks dated. That's about it really. I am very pleased.

best place in the world

Westchester Senior Living is the best place in the world. I would suggest everyone take their parents there that have a need to. My mother has been the happiest she has ever been. I've never seen her more involved. I am making any sacrifices I can just to keep her there. Everything is good at this facility. She is happy and it takes a lot for her to be happy. She finds everything wrong with anything but not at this facility. I am a real person and she is my mother and I can honestly say this place really fits all of our needs. I would highly recommend it.

wonderful

Westchester Senior Living is wonderful. My parents are very happy there. I am happy. They are great. I have no complaints about this facility. I would give them even higher star ratings if I could. Overall it has been a wonderful experience.

My Mother Is So Happy

It is a very friendly place. They offer great opportunities for activities for the residents. They have non -denominational services, which is important to my loved one. They also have exercise classes. She is doing very well there. They will administer her pills to her and they are really trying to customize the services so she can stay in independent living, which is wonderful. I can't say enough about the place, my mother is so happy there.

very kind and helpful

Our experience with Westchester Senior Living has been very good. The staff is very kind and helpful. The food is excellent.

It was a very nice community.

Seemed like a nice place!

We toured this community while looking into senior living options for a loved one. Westchester Senior Living seemed like a very nice place overall, I was impressed by what I saw on the tour! The facility was clean and well kept, and all of the people we met seemed friendly.

Great staff from what I was exposed to. Plenty of activities and lots of active folks walking around. Great layouts for the apts. low kitchen cabinets perfect for wheelchair bound or elderly that can't reach these higher builders stock shelving. No fault of their own, but it's location is not in the best part of Tempe. A plus, they offer monthly leases, no buy in, a negative, electricity is not included in price. Expect 40-70 more depending on the season. Overall, the staff seems very committed to the well being of the residents.

We have been happy with it so far.

So far so good. We have only been here for a short time yet. He likes it. I haven't heard a complaint about them yet. We liked the location, it was very convenient that is why I chose it. We have been happy with it so far.

Review of Westchester Senior Living Assisted Living in Tempe, AZ

Great location, less than 3 miles from my home. Affordable and comfortable...I think my Dad will like it here! I liked the fact that they have Assisted Living and Nursing home care should my Dad need it eventually. Free transportation is another great amenity. Naomi was very helpful. Thank you for all your help.

Both my mother and I are very pleased...

Both my mother and I are very pleased with the facility.

Absolutely Thrilled!

We could not be happier with Westchester. It is the perfect fit for my mother, and a great value for everything it has to offer. The people are wonderful, and there is a homey, comfortable atmosphere -- not like a resort at all. There are constantly activities and events put on for the residents so everyone is kept busy. A lot of events are for the residents and their families as well, so family members are always encouraged to be around. We truly couldn't be happier, and we would highly recommend Westchester to anyone!

Good Place

He’s happy there. It’s working out really good. It’s a good experience.

Review of the Westchester Senior Living facility

The facility and staff were important to my client, Carla Nordstrom (friend of the family), we reviewed two more locations and this is the one that Carla liked the best. She is now in and very happy with the facility. The price was important and also the location.
We were very impressed with the person who worked with us.

Nice, but a little older place

We toured this location when we were looking into options for a loved one. It was a nice enough looking place, although it was obviously an older building than others we had been looking at. We didn't like the layout as much as others we had seen, it would have been harder for my loved one to get around in.

Iffy on ALTCS

I already knew about Westchester from several friends, and I think they would have had everything we needed there, but they weren't crazy about taking ALTCS. We didn't know if we would end up needing it, but the woman we were speaking to basically said that even if they were accepting it right now they might not be by the time we needed it.

Comfortable Unit for a Comfortable Price!

We haven't had any issues. We were in a situation where my father-in-law broke his hip and we had to find a place soon. The selling factor for us was that when I went to go look at it the unit seemed comfortable and the priced was quite a bit lower than some of the other places we looked at. My father-in-law likes it there. Just the other day he said he doesn't really miss his house that much and he's happy where he his.

One of the perks they offer is a breakfast meal but it's just kind of a continental breakfast so he doesn't really take advantage of that. I know it might raise costs for them but maybe if it was a lunch meal or something then he'd probably be more interested. He's met a lot of people but I think he'd meet more if lunch was served.

Not real fancy, but good value for what you get

Basically the locality was the main reason we chose it and then they're just not real fancy cause all of the ones we looked at were pretty fancy and i didnt think my sister would fit in well with them so im pleased with the value. we had a little problem with the care in the beginning but i think we worked those out, i dont think they were kinda sure what kind of care they would be giving the independent people but i think they sorted those out and the people there now know what they can expect. shes doing more and more activities everyday, the variety could be better but again, we're not paying the bucks the other people are paying so you get what you pay for

Great Apartments

I really liked the apartments but they were outside were not enclosed. I was worried my loved one would have problem with the heat, cold or just the gravel that is on the community when she would walk to the dining area. She is not the most well balanced individual so it could cause her problems. The apartments are very nice and very large. It was a good community but it just did not seem like it was the right fit for our loved one.

My parents felt that this f...

My parents felt that this facility was within the price that they could afford although they will still need help from family monetarily until my father finds out what he qualifies for with Aid and attendance. They reserved an apartment in the Independent living section of this facility and will be moving in around the 29th of June. They seemed very happy with the apartment and the facility. Staff and residents were warm and welcoming. I think that once they get settled in and start participating in the community, they will be very happy.