Elmcroft of Tempe - Tempe, AZ

Elmcroft Experience

Elmcroft of Tempe really deserves a 5 star rating. From the front desk to each and every staff member I met and talked with, my experience was pleasant and very informative. The rooms, activities, and all amenities were explained in detail. I definitely consider Elmcroft to be a great fit for anyone needing to to make a choice on placing a family member into a living place that's helpful, safe and enjoyable.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your positive review, Renee! We are so glad to hear that your experiences have been pleasant. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Time Spent there was ok

We had to move dad out once mom passed away. for my mom, she had been back and forth from the hospital and rehab a few times so she really didn't have any experience there but for my dad, he seemed to like it.
He enjoyed the people staff and the residents and while he was there he seemed to like the food.
Communication on the medications that he was supposed to be taking was a little bumpy at first but quickly got resolved. The staff was very sympathetic to our situation with my mom which we appreciated.

Liked this facility very much. However, the issue of taking the dog out twice a day would be an added expense as I don't think my mom could do that on her own at this time.

Take a look

This community was a strong second for us. We liked the staff we met. They did offer a nice deal. They seem to offer a lot of nice amenities. They have nurses on staff. While we liked this community the community we chose was closer to family.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your tour and had a positive experience with us. We are sad to hear you went a different direction.

No complaints!!

I have no complaints with how things are going for myself since I made the move into this community. The staff have all been friendly and made sure to be attentive to my needs as well accommodate any of my needs. I am impressed that we get throughout the day and they have an awesome activity program for all of us residents to enjoy throughout the day.

Megan Strothman

We are so happy you chose Elmcroft! We are glad to hear you have had a pleasant experience with us.

Everything Is Just Right

The staff are super warm and you get to know them well. The community is very clean and it is fun to visit here. The meals are great from what we tasted, it has flavor and provides variety. My parents have not yet tried outings because the bus just got it back from repairs. We like to sit in the courtyard, it's beautiful and safe. It feels like your outside but it is within the community. The staff are very good but they could be a little more prompt. My dad tries to take care of mom when it takes too long when using the push the button.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind review! There is no greater honor than to be trusted with a very special member of your family.

Do not go here

I would give them zero what ever you do don't go here. If you want a loved one not to fall and told they are fine. Two weeks later the [Removed] from complications to a broken back.

Megan Strothman

We are sorry to hear that this has been a negative experience for you. Our mission is dedicated to enriching the lives of the individuals who live and work with us. We take this mission very seriously and we are saddened to hear your comments. What you described in your review is certainly not indicative of how Elmcroft does business or treats their residents. We are known for our compassionate, friendly, and experienced staff who goes above and beyond for our residents. We are truly sorry you felt differently and therefore would like to apologize. With that said, we do have new management in place and we are more confident than ever that we will continue to enrich the lives of others. Again, I am sorry to hear this has been a difficult experience for you.

The staff all nice and the place is always well& clean.

B+ rating Community

Overall I'am satisfied with this community, but there are things they need to improve on. The community looks great, they do a good job with keeping the community and grounds well maintained. There are nice activities offered, everyday there is something going on for the residents. They do serve well balanced meals, and have a good variety of foods too choose from. This is a community I would recommend.

Needing More Care

My mother-in-law is staying at this community and I think it could be better. She needs more nursing care. They do not offer 24 hour nurses. She is in a single room that is near a quiet hallway. At times the help she rings for is not prompt. Activities are available but my mother-in-law feels it is not suitable for her.

The Tour Guide Did A Good Job

I really liked this place and came twice to view it. They are all nice there. The place looks really nice. My guide was very good at showing me around and she was able to inform me about the place. I saw a room that looked nice but my mom needed a window, bathroom, and kitchen in her apartment. There was no window to give a home feeling.

Maybe Our New Home For Mom

Our tour went very well here. I got to meet the manager, she was very nice. I like that this place is clean and operates well. It is a pleasant community with no odors. The staff are knowledgeable, there are different options available, and the community has specials from time to time for new residents.

A Good Community

This community is pleasant and is always clean, especially my wife's room. Staff are friendly, attentive, and welcoming to my wife and I. There are lots of activities to do and my wife has been participating. My wife likes the meal provided, no concerns yet. I would recommend this community because she is doing very well.

Great staff

The facility is a beautiful one. It is always kept clean. The staff is great and the quality of care is excellent. The food however, is not very good at this facility. Apparently, it is tasteless and bland. They should also have more activities to keep the residents active and engaged.

Caring staff

The facility is beautiful and always kept immaculate. The staff is wonderful and they are very caring and compassionate. There could be more activities for the residents to keep active. The food could also be less bland.

A Place for Mom - Godsend

'A Place for Mom' was a Godsend! I was struggling with contacting individual places, and one of my friends referred me to A Place for Mom....I entered the pertinent information, and within minutes, I was getting responses. It was such a blessing as many may have shared...this is a stressful part of life & trying to do what's best & reasonable for our parents.
The monthly cost is lower than most but it's a stretch for us, but we'll make it happen. The convienence of Geriatric Solutions will be awesome since I'm still working full-time & won't have to take off of work to take Mom to the Dr., etc.

Extremely Unhappy There

I was extremely unhappy there. The meals I got weren't good, the things that were suppose to be cold were hot and vice versa. It was just marginal food anyways, in my opinion. It was just an unpleasant experience.

christy neal

I'm so disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy the dining experience! Food is such an important part of quality of life. As a provider, it can be difficult when cooking for a large group of people to please everyone, as everyone seems to have a different preference. Nevertheless, we wish you well in your search for a more compatible dining experience.

They could do more about the activities. Other than that, the quality of care, the staff, the quality of the food has been excellent. We've been really happy with the facility and the care my mother has gotten.

we are very happy!

It was such an impressive environment that she left the other place she was at to get there. She is very happy there and we are very relieved and happy to have her there. Everyone there has been wonderful and very accommodating to make special arrangements to get mother in there. This place has plenty of other residents and space to get exercise and interact with others (unlike the other place she was at). She really enjoys the food as well. It has been a great experience!

extremely compassionate

The thing I would most commend Elmcroft of Tempe for is that they were extremely compassionate about our situation, and at many levels everyone has been exceptional in the transition. They were trying to be there for me in every way they could.

I think their food is just so-so. Although I admit my dad can be a real picky eater.

I went to fifteen different places and investigated them intently, analyzing them on a spreadsheet, and I have to say, Elmcroft really stood out and stepped up for me.

The facility is absolutely wonderful....

The facility is absolutely wonderful. My mom is very happy there. I could not have asked for a better place for my mom.

Nothing But Good Things To Say!

I'm very happy with this place!! It was the nicest of the ones we looked at!

They had lots of different rooms for us to choose from. The doubles had a nice common area to share, but you can also close your door for privacy. Every room is sunny, and has a view of either the outer perimeters, or the courtyard. The courtyard is lovely. There are nice flowers and trimmed trees with a gazebo and an overhang from the dining room.

The common areas are well decorated. The paint is well done and the rugs are clean! There is no smelliness, and it is not a depressing atmosphere like some of the others.

The people are well cared for and happy! The new director has a background in social work, and did that for years! Also, the sales liaison is great and very outgoing! Laverne and Nancy, at the front desk, are very nice and accomodating! Everyone was so welcoming to us! The activities director is really trying to add new things going on!

As for the care, the nurse does a review every 30 days, to evaluate the condition of the residents as well as the medicines. There are also nurse's assistance and caregivers. There is an emergency pull in the bathroom if anything happens. They don't have buttons to press, but the pulls work.

The price is average compared to others in the area, but the value is great here! We are very pleased! We were lucky to have this as an option!

Elmcroft of Tempe

While Elmcroft of Tempe is a beautiful assisted living facility, lovely decorated, and very neat and clean in the common areas. Since, my father has moved in we have found the personal assistance care lacking. There are just not enough caregivers to assist all the residences. We have had to ask for his sheets to be changed, the room and the bathroom to be cleaned. The sheets on his bed had not been changed in over 3 weeks. In addition, there housekeeping in the residences rooms is not kept up as was originally promised to us when we signed our father up to stay at Elmcroft. If it were not for us family members coming in and helping our father shower, change his clothes, and shave. His personal hygiene would not be taken care of. Also, there is the issue of staff changes, the caregivers are over-worked and underpaid and often do not stay long. On the upside, the cooks are great at preparing and serve excellent meals. They are very personable and take time to talk to the residences, finding out there likes and dislikes. The social activities, are also another plus for the Elmcroft, Larry does a great job of making sure the residences are able to participate in the activities. His planning of the social activities ensures that there is something for everyone to do. Then there is Laverne, the front desk greeter, office assistance. Without her skills, and helpfullness Elmcroft would be lost without her. She is the first person people meet when entering the front door. A warm greeting is always given, and she seems to know what is going on in the entire building. I also did not like the pharmacy Elmcroft uses to get the residences prescriptions filled. Although, the pharmacy AZ pharmacy? was suppose to match the co-pays. I found there co-pays to be inflated almost triple the prices that a regular local pharmacy charges. So we discontinued there pharmacy services. The waits for PRN medications are very long. Sometimes over a 45 minute wait. In our father's case, we had to hunt down the medication tech, so he could get his PRN inhalation treatment for his Asthma, after waiting at least 45 minutes for the tech to bring his medication. The only reason we are with Elmcroft is that our father loves the social activities and food. Fortunately, we are very active with his care and make sure he gets his personal care needs met; ie showers, changing clothing, personal grooming shaving.

Very accommodating

We had lunch here and it was very good. The community was very clean and the staff was very friendly. The people here were very accommodating we showed up after the dining area had closed but they were still able to offer us something to eat. They were more on the expensive side something like $2700 a month.

Delicious Food!

It costs a lot of money, but they're really taking care of my mom. There have been a few times when I've had to make sure things were getting done but I expected that for the first month. There was once when they wouldn't give her a breating treatment in the middle of the night; they sent her to the hospital because they didn't have doctor's orders. I understand that they have liabilities, but it was a little aggrivating. It's been worked out.

She's participating in quite a few of the activites like exercise classes, current events, going out to lunch, and happy hours on Fridays. The food is really good! I've eaten there several times and it's always been delicious. I would definitely recommend the food!

We were pleased to find a nice place ...

We were pleased to find a nice place so quickly. Our mom loves it!

PROS: Close to me, close to my...

PROS: Close to me, close to my church, close to K, close to my weekly shopping. Several sizes of apts and many levels of care depending upon what is needed. An option is to pay an additional $5 a month for a patio view. It's small, but that would be better than a parking lot view. CONS: We may need to take a smaller apt to offset higher monthly fees depending upon their evaluation of what Mom would need in terms of care. They assign seating in the dining room! The assignment can be changed per Mom's request. A possible pro/con is a bed check every 2 hours by staff during the night. Would Mom find that a good thing or intrusive?

Met with the director. Very nice place

Met with the director. Very nice place

We liked this center a lot. We highly...

We liked this center a lot. We highly recommend Carestone!

Liked the dinning room and how they w...

Liked the dinning room and how they will match like to like personality when eating. The rooms has wall unit AC.

Took tour with the Director; very kno...

Took tour with the Director; very knowledgeable and nice. liked it very much; friend's wife really liked it, had everything we needed.

Elmcroft of Tempe, offers a special combination of daily living, personalized supportive services, and interactive activities. Since 1995, when our first community opened, we have offered a full range of personalized assistance with daily living services to seniors. We focus on wellness and keeping our residents as independent as long as possible with a tailored plan of assistance to meet their needs. Our ergonomically designed community houses a variety of apartment floor plans to accommodate the personal needs and habits of both our frail and our more active residents. Our residents call Elmcroft their home, and we love to nurture them through our holistic approach of caring for all resident needs - physical, emotional, social, and intellectual. Our residents enjoy Elmcroft for the clean, spacious apartments, affordability, social activities, and the safe secure residential environment. Come see why so many seniors call Elmcroft of Tempe home.