Brookdale Chandler Ray Road - Chandler, AZ

Brookdale Chandler Ray Road - Chandler, AZ has yet not published prices.

We toured this community

We went on a tour here and it was nice. It was more geared towards before memory care. I don't think they had what we needed here. The staff was considerate, warm and inviting. We had to chose elsewhere.

Beautiful Community

I really liked the Brookdale Chandler Ray Road community. It is a beautiful and clean environment. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They would have been very accommodating to our needs. We ended up choosing another community based on a family member who requested closer proximity to their location.

Excellent!

I chose Brookdale Chandler - the first place I checked out. Brookdale had exactly what I wanted, all the amenities, plus the best pricing plan I had received to date. I have been treated well, kept informed and assisted with the entire process. This is important for my peace of mind as well as seeing my father happy and enjoying life again.
Thank you so very much!

As a whole Brookdale Chandler Ray Road is clean and friendly. They provide a lot of activities for the residents. My step mother does not need a lot of care at this point but Brookdale is a great fit for her.

Clean place, nice setup of each individual apt along with the outdoor walk area, was greeted warmly and the lady was helpful. Price was reasonable for what you get except for the initial fees.

Working Out well

My mother is doing very well with her move to this community.Everything is working out very well.

Pleased with My Move

I'am doing well with my move to this facility. Everyone has been very kind, and helpful. The community looks great, and very well-kept. I'am happy with all they have done for me.

They take good care of mom!

My mother is doing fine, she likes the food. We had some problems with the billing the first month but they were able to take care of it and everything got straightened out. Whenever I visit, the community is always clean and maintained well. I have nothing to compare it to because this is my first experience, but so far things are going pretty well with her care.

Great community with a wonderful staff

Great community with a wonderful staff. Very friendly and accommodating to their residents. They are always happy to see families and always greet me with a smile.

Awesome Tour But Disappointed With Apartment

It was an awesome tour but I was just disappointed with the room. They were too basic and not homey, it was small and old looking. The staff and residents were nice when I toured the community. The dining room was not special, it was a little downer for me when I saw it. However, everyone was nice.

A nice community

The staff are attentive and helpful. We are working on better communication with the community. The food is good, healthy and they offer a variety of choices. They offer daily activities. The community is well maintained. This community gets my recommendation.

Mom's Adjusting here

I am happy with community. Staff is caring and very nice. The food seems to be appealing and health. They have alot of nice activities to keep active. I would recommend this community to other families.

We had a good tour!

The person that conducted our tour of Brookdale Chandler Ray Road was nice and knowledgable. They offered a lot of activities. The community looked clean and they allow pets.

An Excellent Choice for Mom

We are very pleased with the Brookdale Ray Road facility! Our mother recently moved in and is delighted with the staff, facility, activities, and care. She is shy, and the friendliness of everyone there has helped her to be more outgoing and enjoy herself. Thank you Brookdale.

Visited this place and talked to Tracy and Shannon (nurse) and she assessed my wife based on my answers. Community was nice and I liked the environment and rooms.

Staff is very Friendly

Brookdale Chandler Ray Road is a nice community. The staff is extremely helpful and very pleasant. They take the time to understand the residents needs. The food is pretty good as well. We really do not have any complaints.

Good Experience

Mom is doing great with her move into Brookdale. I am very pleased with this community. The community is very good looking and great with their cleaning. The staff has been kind and helpful to us with everything. They do offer activities for the residents that my mother partakes in when she wants to. It has been a good place to move her to, with good people. I would recommend this community.

Like family

This is a small community which makes it feel like family here. I like the fact that the staff can spend time with each resident one on one which is great. There are activities, but they do not really try that hard to get the residents to participate.

4 star review

The staff and accommodations are 1st class. My wife and I were very impressed with all. Except for the transport staff getting my dad over from Desert Cove on thurs the 28th. Once again we do give high praise to all.

Small facility

as of July when we left going through changes. It's pretty small compared to other facilities.

Very accommodating

They are taking care of Mom and have been really accommodating. There was a problem with Mom eating and I spoke to the staff. They made sure that the meals were heated up and left for Mom in case she got hungry later.

Five Stars Overall

I like that it is a small facility. My father is not very social, he prefers to sit in his room and not go to activities and they respect that. I think they try very hard to include him, but he is resistant. The only concern that I have is that there are very quick, very major staff changes. It was explained to me that this is a small facility and that people who do well will be promoted to a bigger facility. However, I think there is something to be said about continuity.

Improvement on Activities

The activities are good, but they need to encourage the residents to attend more. They also fail to have activities on the weekends and the holidays due to the limited staff they have. Those are really the main things.

I am very impressed with them.

I am very impressed with them. I am very pleased with our decision. They work very hard to make it everything the residents would like. They have been very accommodating, especially with food. It's a small enough community they are able to keep it really individualized. The residents are great about looking out for each other. I like that they had integrated care instead of having the memory care separated. The entire building is secure, as well.

Brookdale touts itself as a place of caring and family however they failed to either for my 98 year old grandmother. Twice my family members found her in dire situations, once on the toilet and once of the floor. We don't know how long she was on both screaming for help. After falling she became ill and was taken to the hospital, after which she was admitted to hospice care. Although Brookdale gave us a prorated rate on the month in which she entered the facility they did not return the favor for the month that she left the facility. She was in Brookdale for less than 30 days, yet we were stuck paying $6,800. They come on as loving, sweet and genuinely caring and in the end they are corporation where your loved one is just a name with money to fill their bank accounts. There is no compassion or understanding and we generally felt there was also a lack of care for our 98 year old grandmother. I would not recommend this Brookdale or any Brookdale to anyone looking for assisted living care.

very patient and caring

My grand mother is currently living at Brookdale Chandler Ray Road and they have taken really good care of her. They are very patient and always make an effort to ensure that she is comfortable. If there is any care that she needs which they are not able to provide they are good about helping her get the care that she needs.

They were really good with working with my friend on making it affordable for her. I feel they went above and beyond to make it work for her. They really worked very hard with her to take care of her concerns so she was able to transfer there.

Seemed like a nice place!

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Brookdale Chandler seemed like a very nice place, overall! The staff that I met were friendly and professional, and the facility was well kept and clean. They're worth a look if you are searching for senior care in the area!

Great facility!

My mom lives there, I'm liking it very much, everyone is nice, and I can' ask for anything more!

So far they are doing okay.

So far they are doing okay. We are having a little bit of difficulties getting responses from the health care manager. It's clean and the staff is friendly. The food seems to be good. My loved one isn't that interested in the activities. My loved one gives them an overall 3 out of 5

Would Recommend

The billing procedures need improvement. I would recommend this facility but have to place mom in a skilled facility.

Very friendly staff

Very friendly staff to both parents and self. Admission was easy. Activities seem very light but food is very good . Facility keeps parents well groomed and clean and practice good housekeeping protocal. Very happy with care of parents.

Fell like family

Visited many properties by far this facility was the best. Staff very helpful and makes entire family feel at home. Like the fact when walk into the front door very helpful

Mixed experience

We had a mixed experience with Brookdale Chandler Ray Road. The facility itself was well kept and clean, but we had a few issues that negatively impacted the experience as a whole. We had issues getting in contact with the administration regarding some billing issues, we made quite a few calls and left messages that were never returned. Eventually we had to contact their corporate headquarters directly to get a response. We also felt like during our loved ones last few days there they were somewhat lax with the attention they paid, especially in such a critical time.

Brookdale Senior Living

We deeply regret that we were unable to meet all of your expectations. We want to thank you for your feedback and please know it will be reviewed and used to better serve our residents and their families in the future.

Had a "nursing home" feel

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved ones. I was not a huge fan of this facility. It had a definite "nursing home" feel, and there was a noticeable odor. It wasn't somewhere that I thought my loved ones would be comfortable.

Respite Stay

I found all the staff at Sterling House to be exceptional. From the director, Patricia, to nursing staff, Nancy & Denise...all knew my Dad's name & were able to help him with whatever he needed even if it wasn't their area of expertise.
The grounds were landscaped & the interior clean. There were no odors & even though they were remodeling, they kept the noises to a minimum.
My father thought the food was great & appreciated them making sure he had a late night snack in his refrigerator each night.
Even though, we brought my Dad home, he stated if he ever needed assisted living again, he would like to go back to Sterling House.
Thanks for helping during a stressful time. It was nice to know my Dad was taken so well care of.

At the moment, Sterling House is goin...

At the moment, Sterling House is going through a lot of renovations, so there are painters everywhere and all sorts of construction messes. Otherwise, it has been good since my father moved in about three weeks ago. I think we're still adjusting to it and getting used to the way it works. However, the staff has been friendly, and my father thinks they are helpful and that they try very hard to take care of his needs. My first impressions have been good, so definitely check it out.

Wonderful place but a rough initial adjustment.

The adjustment period when bringing someone in is rough, in my opinion they take people regardless if they are able to take care of them. Without our constant help in the first few weeks, it wouldn't have worked. It's a beautiful place, but I don't think it was the right fit. They said that they would make it work, but if we hadn't been nearby, it would have been difficult, especially with the initial adjustment period. The food is wonderful, it's very good. It's a wonderful facility, its smallish, it's like a little studio apartment. I would recommend them to anyone, it's very secure, and lots of activities. It was just the initial set up, and adjustment period.

Immaculate, but undergoing ...

Immaculate, but undergoing renovation 4/15! Small (52 rooms) & smoking allowed outside. Had lunch; food excellent. Say they accommodate food preferences. Staff very friendly. Much more open to encouraging independence of residents. Flexible with entrance fee; might have some furniture. All private rooms. No openings at the moment, but no waiting list. Concerns: no Medicaid and doors locked at all times.

I like what they do with meals, I think it's a good reccommendation.

We have been very pleased so far. I think it is the right place for her. They are going through some transitions, some new staff. They are helping her. They are really watching out for her. The food is excellent, that was one of the big sellers. Communication could always be improved, but they really have done a wonderful job. I like what they do with meals, I think it's a good reccommendation.

On Site Doctor, Pharmacy, and Beautician!

I noticed that my mother's room wasn't quite as clean as I would have kept it but maybe she was telling the not to come in. It was just little things. The external part of the facility is always beautifully kept!

They're all very compassionate and don't argue with her. If she says the sky is purple the say how pretty it is which is good because she gets more confused and frustrated if you try to correct her.

They have a doctor that visits the site and an in house pharmacy. I don't live in the same community so it's been really nice to have those things taken care of. They have an on-site beautician as well. It's been great all in all.

Rooms too small for us

They were more expensive then the other communities we were looking at. The staff was really friendly and very helpful but it seemed like the residents were not as happy as other communities. They had very good clean rooms but they were too small for our liking. They also do not have a kitchen they do have a refrigerator and a place to put a microwave.

Not warm and Inviting

The room she would be staying in was very depressing. It had dark floors and the walls were painted in dark colors. Just wasn't very warm and inviting. The staff was very friendly and informative. There dining is setup 7 am to 7 pm and is restaurant style so you can order off the menu and they have server that are there.

a very bad choice for our family

My family had a disappointing and disruptive experience with Sterling House of Chandler. The presentations, touring, and initial visits and talks were positive and we placed my mom but the experience of being there in no way matched the sales pitch. There was no protocol in place to greet her and introduce her the first day. We just moved in with no introductions or welcome, in fact she did not receive a key to her room for days and the door locks automatically as you leave your room so it was lots of wandering around to find someone to get back into her room. A main concern of my family was assistance with bathing which we were assured was part of the program, but mom never showered the whole time she was there. Especially disturbing was the day mom had not received her medication so my sister attempted to give it to her but noone could find her meds. The staff allowed my sister to go through the medication of all the residents to look for my mom's meds and then we found she had been given the wrong dosage of one. We moved her out within 2 weeks and lost a considerable amount of money.

Personal review

Brookdale is definitely a for profit corporation. Always short on staff and good ones are always let go. The ones remaining must double their workload. Corners are cut. Sterling House caters more to the people with memory issues and not so much for people with other disabilities. Sterling House tries, but with a corporation dictating what you can or cannot do, makes a big difference. It's expensive, as well as all the others, and what is supposed to be included, is not (performed). The CEO needs to have a loved one in their communities and than maybe they'd see things differently.

Older facility but very nice. Not as ...

Older facility but very nice. Not as many services as Sunrise and almost as expensive.

Brookdale Chandler Ray Road provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Our residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

At Brookdale Chandler Ray Road we promise Respect for Individual Preferences by offering personalized care needs and providing an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. We also offer special housing and care options for those who require assistance with the activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and dispensing of medications. Our community offers graduated levels of care based upon the individual need of residents, as determined by our continual assessment process. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents every day with signature services for those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care and value.