wonderful care

The compassion and true kindness that all employees exhibit is amazing. I am especially impressed with the assisted living employees. [Name removed] and [Name removed] who work with more advanced care are simply wonderful. They have a great knowledge about medical and social concerns!! Very impressed.

Very nice. Good layout. Good menu selection. Nice rooms. Good community. Excellent value. Very responsive lift and assist care. Friendly staff. Impressive.

Love this place. [name removed] is great to work with and made our tour a success.

My friend LOVED this facility because it was bright and cheery with wonderfully warm and friendly people. [name removed] showed us around and is an amazingly caring individual. The price was the only reason my friend did not choose this facility.

Great facility overall. Definitely had many care level options. [Removed] was thorough in her tour with me. I rated this facility as highest potential for my families use.

Could Use Improvment

Overall, our experience with Bella Vista has been mixed. There have been some disappointments, and some things that I feel they have done extremely well. Some of the promises that were made when we moved in have not happened. I also feel that the dining experience could use improvement. They do not provide any kind of menu for the residents and the staff seems to have very low morale. The transportation is also not as constant or extensive as we were led to believe. Aside from these items, I feel that the facility has been updated very nicely, and I thought that the person who toured with us did a superb job. My loved one felt very welcomed here, and they did a great job helping her transition. There are some things that could use improvement, but there are other things that they extremely well here.

Very Happy

My mother and I are very happy with everything at Bella Vista. The facility itself is very clean. I recently had a meal for Thanksgiving there and the food’s flavor was good. It was nice and I walked away satisfied. They have breakfast all day and they have a menu that changes a bit from time to time. I know my mother likes their salads. They also have an activities signup sheet and they have a bus for group trips. My mother definitely takes advantage of their care services for her doctor’s appointments. Typically they prefer them to book appointment on Tuesdays or Wednesdays.

Newly renovated, great atmosphere.

Bella Vista

I toured Bella Vista while looking at places for my loved one, and I liked it really well. They had a lot going on there by way of activities like painting classes, theatre, outings, and other events. It seems like a lively community, but they were not able to meet my loved one's needs, we did not move there.

I toured this community

I enjoyed touring this community it was nice and clean. The staff was helpful with my questions. But I had one closer to my family that I went with.

Completely Satisfied

My brother is very happy at Bella Vista. The staff is very pleasant and helpful. The residents are nice to be around to share and enjoy calendar events. There is always sometime to do. They have a monthly Mass for Catholics as well as Holy Communion distribution once a week. The restaurant is open 7 AM-7 PM and offer a variety of entrees. Housekeeping is excellent and when there is a problem encountered, it is handled fairly quickly and professionally. [Removed] is very charming and pleasant to work with.

Tour and options for dad

We like the community for my father. The staff was caring and we liked the cleanliness. The community had a lot of great staff for help with the resident's needs. They offer healthy meals and a lot of activities. We would recommend that other families tour this community. My father stated he did not want this part of town for his care.

Happy Camper

We moved my brother into Bella Vista and he's been very happy and content. The room is lovely with a view balcony of the front yard - very inviting. My brother sits on his balcony in the early mornings when it is cooler and enjoys the birds singing. [Removed] has been wonderful to us as well as the other staff members. My brother loves the restaurant which is open 7 AM - 7 PM to accommodate everyone's needs. He likes exercise, which is 3x/week. Catholic Mass is also a plus as well as Holy Communion distributed each week. He's not been to the Man Cave nor the Library yet. We got him an extended package on his TV and that alone keeps him attentive. My brother's mobility is the prime concern for us but we got him a wheeled walker and he appears to be doing quite well. Kudos to Bella Vista.

Starting to Settle In

Things seem to be going ok for my grandmother. She had the family with her the first week she was there to help her move in and get acquainted with her new surroundings. She seems to like her new place she is starting to socialize. She has said she loves the food it was very good. The community is kept very clean and well maintained I think she will do very well there especially with the staff there. They are extremely nice and professional

Bright & airy! [Removed]couldn't have been more helpful! I loved the layout of the floorplans and the newly renovated apartments with fully tiled bathrooms were very nice. The price was lower than expected for all of the amenities provided and the residents seemed to be one big happy family.

Moms care and comfort

I like this community for the care for my mom. The staff is caring and attentive to her needs. The meals are good but need some improvements. they offer a lot of activities for the residents who are able to participate. We would recommend this community for the good care and value for a loved one.

Plenty of activities!

The facility is very nice. There are plenty of activities to participate in such as yoga and other exercise classes. There are some problem with their service in the dining room in particular. They are not fully staffed, so it would be helpful for them to hire more staff.

Great meals and newly renovated!

We chose Bell Vista for my mother because they offered a deck off her apartment which was nice if she wanted to sit outside and have a coffee she wouldn't have to walk far and still her privacy. The community is doing some nice renovations. The overall atmosphere is clean friendly and welcoming. She's made some friends and is slowly joining in on activities.She is also very satisfied with the meals.

Check out this community

Mom seems to be enjoying living at Bella Vista. The staff are good at keeping us updated on how she is doing. They offer daily activities and trips out. The food is good and they keep the community clean. Mom is pleased with everything and that is what is important.

New updates!

My father moved here recently and things are going well. They are currently going through a remodel. The one downside of that is they said they were going to put in a pool table and messed up the dimensions and won't be adding one. He was really looking forward to laying pool so he is kinda bummed about that. They like the meals very much. We chose this community because they will be newly renovated and at a fair price.

It's a good facility and we were pleased until my father fell. No one was there to help him and it could have been life threatening. I have since spoke with the community and things have been resolved.

Newly renovated and clean!

This community is very clean and newly renovated.The housekeeping staff comes in every other week and stays on top of things. The biggest issue is the residents. It's a very old crowd and no one seems to have the same common interests as I do. It's also depressing to share meals with the assisted living patients. They don't offer many activities but have said they plan on increasing them. They also don't offer an are for social gatherings.

A small home for care

We toured this community. We did tour the community and found that the living room was too small and more like a bedroom. The staff was very nice. We needed a large living room. The kitchen was too small. They offer meals but are also able to cook for yourself. They offer activities if you wanted to participate. The lighting was too bright for what we needed. I highly recommend that if families want a nice but smaller room to live in that they see this community for what is offered.

No longer 5 star

Unfortunately the formerly great Bella Visita has gone downhill under new (Beztak) management.
Meals are mediocre at best and not available 7 to 7 as advertised.
Anytime they switch to box lunches, the box lunches are absolutely horrible. If residents want fresh fruit they have to purchase it on their own. Long waits for service in the dining room.
Not enough drivers or transportation for medical appointments.
Most of the staff is very extremely friendly and helpful.
Apartments are nice sized & clean.
Some of the design changes in the remodeling are not elderly friendly.
No one in the chain of management seems know the basics about elderly needs.
Complaints to management are ignored, even when family members call on behalf of a loved one.

Comfort for mom!!

The Bella Vista has been a good move for my loved one. The meals are good, but they could use some improvement. The calendar does not change very often so we wish they had more variety. The building is currently under renovations, so pretty soon it will have a nicer appearance. Another thing is we wish they had more drivers available. Other than that, things are going well, and everyone is very friendly.

We left this community!!

The caregivers were no good at this community. My mom was bullied by a couple of them. The dining room was closed when they moved in and the date it was to reopen kept changing. Mom moved into independent living and they said they would accommodate her, however there were times when they did not have care available. They were to put grab bars in her room and this was never completed. I would not recommend this community.

It had a lot of life...people seem very content

Let me cater to you

This community is great. Especially when i took the tour. They have a lovely restaurant and not a cafeteria. The food is great. The only problem I have is when i moved my loved one in they closed the restaurant for remolding, now my loved ones hate the food. Other than that they offer a lot of activities and the staff is really helpful and caring to my loved ones.

Fantastic Activities !!

I have really enjoyed my stay at this facility, they have excellent activities and they keep my room very clean. I especially enjoy the yoga they bring into the community,the instructor Lynn is amazing. Overall I am very much enjoying my experience at this place.

Loving Care

This is a nice community. It has been recently remodeled. The food was appealing, but my mom wanted more vegetable available. There are alot of activities that are available with a great variety to choose from. There offered small field trips that are very local. This community comes highly recommended for good care for loved ones.

Wonderful community!

The staff are very kind and courteous. They address all of my fathers concerns promptly. My father is enjoying the variety of food available. The community offers many activities for the residents to take advantage of. They are going through a renovation and I could see the community being five stars once it is completed.

Waiting For New Beautician

My sister is loving it here at this community. The food is awesome and the care is very good. The only big problem is that the beautician walked out and they have not got a new replacement. I ended up taking my sister to her old stylist in Scottsdale. She has only left the community once since being there in May.

It's Been An Excellent Experience

My mom is very happy here, she gets to play card and go to social hour. The staff are kind and helpful but the waitstaff in the dining room could be more interactive, mom feels they are short with her. The food is very good. The community is kept clean and organized. Allison from A Place For Mom has been outstanding and helpful. She did a great job finding homes for my mother-in-law and uncle. I would recommend this place and help!

Bella Vista is a good option my parents will consider, when the time to move out of their home gets closer. Great overall layout, caring sales staff, upgraded apartments, competitive pricing.

GREAT FACILITY

Bella Vista has a warm and cozy feeling when you walk in there. The staff is very friendly and the property is well kept. The food is good there and they offer a variety of activities where all the residents can participate.

Cozy atmosphere

The first thing that strikes you when you walk into the building is the cozy atmosphere and feel of the place. It is very nice and clean. The staff is professional and friendly and there are a broad range of activities for the residents here to choose from.

Everything is Better

I think everything is great. The residents are nice and friendly and I think that is a reflection on the place itself and how well they take care of the people. They have a really nice variety of activities and have really good flexibility as far as suggestions that I had. Everything is really nice, they make everyone feel really welcomed. I looked at a lot of other places and the Bella Vista stood out in every positive way. Everything was just better.

a good facility

Bella Vista is going well overall. I would like to see them offer more fish on their menu. I think they need more healthier choices in general. I know that's not as popular but when you have residents with failing health it is good for them. It is a good facility overall. I am very pleased with it.

Great community

People can join the committees and they meet a couple of times a month and have discussions.
They could improve the service in the dining room. They have problems with the cooks reading tickets and including what needs to be included with meals. We wait quite awhile sometimes for our meals. They are really good about maintenance and getting things fixed. The residents are very nice and it is a nice community with lots of great activities.

Great Atmosphere

This place has such a great atmosphere when you walk in. Everyone is so nice and friendly and genuine. The grounds and the inside of the building are well kept and maintained. It does not seem like a retirement home.

So far so good

So far so good at Bella Vista. My parents seem to like it. The response time from the higher ups is slow. Mom does wish there were more activities for the seniors. She also mentioned quite a few flies in the dining area. That is something they are working on. The door is opened a lot and lets them in. They are remodeling and some of the residents are anxious for that to be completed. Other than that it seems to be pretty good. My parents are pleased.

Living at Bella Vista

My parents moved into Bella Vista two months ago. The staff is very friendly. The dining room service is slow, I believe they need to hire more staff in dining room. Once renovations are complete, Bella Vista will be right up there with some of the other beautiful independent living facilities. Response time from management team could be improved. All in all Bella Vista is a very nice place. The residents are very friendly.

It Does Get Pricey

We have been really happy with Bella Vista. It does get pricey but overall it is worth it. One thing I am concerned about is they are not associated with any kind of state funding. Other than that we are pleased with this facility.

really nice place

Bella Vista is a really nice place. It is a bit older and they are working to update it. The staff is great and have been very accommodating. They were very helpful in helping us make the right decision.

I think it's a great alternative...

I think it's a great alternative for individuals who are ready to downsize from their home. I think it would be really great if they could provide additional storage. Most of the residents want to decorate for Christmas but there is limited storage. I think additional storage would be great. It has been a really good experience so far. Everything has been going really good. I would recommend the Bella Vista.

She seems to be happy so far.

She seems to be happy so far. It's a beautiful place, and she doesn't complain about the food at all. The workers are nice, and she really likes it, I think. We don't have any major complaints at this time.

We're happy. So far so good.

We're happy. So far so good. The people have been friendly and caring. The staff has been an issue for some people. They lost a couple of people because of that. They were able to work everything out. The facility is nice and clean. The Bella Vista is a really nice community. I would recommend it to anyone in the area. I can't rate the activities because my loved one did not participate in them. Not applicable.

Had a nice visit. Rita was most accommodating: gave a very nice tour. Residents I talked to were very positive. I could be very comfortable in space I visited. The rate per month seems reas0nablr.

Had a nice home feel. Residents spoke well of the staff and food. Newly remodeled apartments. Rita is very sweet and accommodating. Mom liked her very much. No washer dryer in room is only drawback.

just the right place for mom

They really took the time to show us everything and were very thorough and cordial to my mother with some of the limitations that she had. I was trying to find just the right place for her and they accommodated us very well. Mom is happy there and we are both very thank for Bella Vista and would highly recommend them.

Bella Vista

First off, thank you very much for your comments. We take all comments very seriously. We are delighted that we were able to accommodate your mother and meet both your and her expectations and look forward to continuing to do so in the future. Again, thank you and please let us know if there is anything more we can do!

Horrible experience

We had a terrible experience with Bella Vista. It started with constantly increasing prices, what we ended up paying was a thousand dollars higher than the initial figure they gave us. While we were here they did not impress me with the service at all. The sheets they put on our bed had stains on them, and they would not switch them out when I asked. I also thought it was ridiculous that they only had one phone available for all of the residents in the entire community to use. They also never sent anyone to clean the room in the 4 weeks that we were there. I was not impressed with the food, and when I stopped by the kitchen to see if I could get water that was not from a tap the kitchen was not clean or well maintained. I would avoid this place at all costs, I did not enjoy my stay here.

Bella Vista

We appreciate and value all feedback so that we are able to correct any deficiencies in our operation and we thank you for being a part of Bella Vista. We would have liked to have learned about your concerns while you stayed with us so that we could have had a chance to ensure your satisfaction. We did check all of your records and the charges accurately reflect what was agreed to on the deposit form. You also mentioned that you saw a dirty kitchen. There are times that this area does become temporarily disorganized due to the volume of meals the community serves. However, the county inspects the kitchen regularly and has awarded the kitchen an "A" grade, the highest award achievable. Cleanliness is one of the things the community focuses on most, both in common areas and resident rooms. Apartments are cleaned every other week according to our standards and special requests that residents may make. The community offers a standard a la carte dining menu as well as daily specials for lunch and dinner. This affords residents the ability to choose anything that they would like and not be committed to choosing from only one or two items. As you can see from other comments, residents and family members routinely compliment the dining at Bella Vista.

In an effort to showcase our community again, we would like to invite you back for complimentary meal and discuss some of these concerns directly with you. Again, we value all of our residents and encourage feedback so that we can provide the best experiences for our residents and families.

Nice place overall, communication could be better

Overall I think they do a good job at Bella Vista. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the staff are all very friendly and helpful. The only minor issue I've run into is that communication with the administrative staff can be a little slow. They'll get back to you eventually, but sometimes it can take quite a while.

4 Stars

Good Place

Mom loves it!

Everyone is so friendly and truly caring. My mom wasn't really thrilled about going there but now...she LOVES it there!

Great place to live!!

Bella Vista is more like home. The people/residence are very friendly and nice. The care providers are very nice and caring. Mom loves the dinning room as it provides a quiet environment where she is able to hear conversations with others which has been a challenge in the past. The food is very good and provides a wide variety along with daily specials. We love it!!

Nice but apartments are small and its a little far from family. Great amenities and price. The updates will be nice when done.

Great place to live!!

Bella Vista is more "like home". The people/residence are very friendly and nice. The care providers are very nice and caring. Mom loves the dinning room as it provides a quiet environment where she is able to hear conversations with others which has been a challenge in the past. The food is very good and provides a wide variety along with daily specials. We love it!!

really great

They have a really great attitude, and they have made my mom feel very welcome. They pay really good attention to her.

They could potentially use a little help with some of the care services as some of the providers that they use there are decent but not the best.

beautiful place, poor administration

The facility at Bella Vista truly is beautiful! However, the administration needs improvement. The leasing office and management were extremely great in picking up my loved one and showing them the facility. However, there seemed to be no coordination once they got there to get them set up properly and made to feel at home. The administrator was out of touch with what was required, which made it difficult for the family to get done what we needed to do on our end. I was also appalled at their solicitation of donations from the residents to pay their staff a bonus, That is something the company should take care of without compulsory donations being squeezed from the residents.

nice comfortable facility, friendly staff

The people at Bella Vista did a really good job introducing us to the facility and helping us understand what the experience would be like for my mom. The facility itself is really nice, and very comfortable. You can tell the residents are very happy. The move-in process was a little bumpy and not as smooth as I would have liked, and there could have been better communication there.

The biggest thing I can think of where they could improve would be the service in the dining area. Mom has complained about that several times, and I agree that it could certainly stand improvement.

Overall though we are very happy with our decision to move mom into Bella Vista.

WOWW

MY siblings and I have been looking for several weeks at different places. Last week we visited Bella Visited Bella Vista and absolutely fell in LOVE!
They were nice and friendly and we felt at home .
The staff and residents were all very friendly. Their apartments are out of this world! My mother is excited that she is moving into an apartment that has been totally renovated.
We first thought that Bella Vista was a little bit too far away from us but believe me I am so glad that we went. It's worth the extra couple of miles to drive and my MOTHER is worth it!
The food is incredible.
Thank you Bella Vista!

Extremely Pleased with everthing

We have lived here for about 6 weeks. Everything you have read in the POSITIVE reviews are true. This place is amazing and we could not be happier. Of course, the food is amazing and the wait staff are friendly and caring and very hard working. The dining room is a great place to meet people. We have met many nice people and some of them have become close friends. If the waiting time is sometimes long, it provides more time to talk to the people at your table and get to know them better. We have a one bedroom, and although quite small, it is adequate and I am still able to cook when I feel like it. For me, personally, the best part, in the apartment, is the balcony. I have always wanted a "porch" and this fits the bill. Wonderful place to relax, view the rose garden, and read or sew. And there is a huge, beautiful willow tree right there. I have never been more content in any other living experience than I am here.

Happy

We have been at Bella Vista for 7 weeks and are very pleased. I believe that the best thing that we enjoy is the good food and the flexibility of the dining room. We are also pleased with the transportation that meets all our shopping, medical needs. The management listen and is sensitive to our desires.
We are glad we are here!

Review of Bella Vista Senior Living Assisted Living in Mesa, AZ

Nice facility, friendly people. Looks comfortable for our parents.

I am 100% pleased with the services o...

I am 100% pleased with the services of this facility. Staff is very helpful. Getting my mother moved in was a good experience. My mom is happy and enjoys the people, activities, and dining hours that are offered.

I finally found what we were looking for!

I visited Bella Vista last week and was amazed at all of the services & amentities that they offer. I know, most communities offer about the same services but, Bella Vista goes over and above.
Starting with their dining program. UNBELIEVABLE! The dining room is open from 7-7 and the residents can go in as often as they would like to.The meals were gorgeous,generous portions and they are DELICIOUS!
Staff were very friendly and attentive.They knew the names of all of the residents.
Their apartments! Don't even get me started! Beautiful!
Everything was was more than I could ever imagine or wish for my mother.
She will be moving in next week. She is so excited and cannot wait.
We have been looking for a couple of months and are so pleased that we found Bella Vista.We must have researched and visited 10 communities. I am so glad our search is over.

great choice

I arrived not having viewed the apartment that i had been given...it was not the renovated one i had loved when i had visitedonths before. They quite quickly switched me to a renovated one. The people here were welcoming, the staff arent adverse to giving hugs. The meals are fantastic, really varied with full restaurant menu available if you dont want the special...I love the specials. I'd like another planned bus trip for shopping, but there are a couple of days when the driver can take you to other places. I love my choice

Rita took a lot of time wit...

Rita took a lot of time with me and did a great job, had lunch in dining room as this is one of their primary selling points; lunch was outstanding. 2 bedrooms are actually two 1 bedrooms with adjoining wall knocked out; spacious & both bedrooms identical. Like the area and the building undergoing renovation. Very nice place.

A good value

There are a few of the staff that are a little better than others. I think the food is great mom would have something else to say, but I would give it a four. They have plenty of activities going on. We chose this for the value aspect, ultimately.

Bella Vista is the best of the best of senior living communities.

When I went to visit, the leasing staff couldn't stop talking about how great it is and how proud they were to be a part of Bella Vista. At the time, all I could think about was that I was just getting more "sales talk" just like I got at the other places I visited.

As I looked around I saw smiling faces everywhere, beautiful surroundings, and my lunch in the dining room was the quality of a fine restaurant and yummy too! When my visit was only half way over I realized this was not "sales talk" at all! Bella Vista is everything and more than they say.

Brought my Mother back to see Bella Vista the very same day. Mom moved in as soon as she could. She is surrounded by people who care about her (and I might add, they also care about me) is happy dancing along with all of her new neighbors. Now I'm the one that gives the "sales talk" to everyone I meet!

Bella Vista

We sincerely thank you for your review and we appreciate that you have recognized that Bella Vista is more than just "another senior living community". We strive daily to ensure that our residents are receiving the services and care that they desire. If you did receive the "sales talk" I hope that you now understand that it was more than talk!

It's home.

Mother has felt at home since the first day. The staff is very friendly and responsive to any requests. She feels safe in her apartment and loves the residents. They are currently remodeling and that's why I didn't rate "great" on cleanliness. I know it will improve in the next months.

A Place for Mom

The resident was my 87 year old mother. The environment was quite comfortable and she was drawn to it by the limited cooking capabilities, activities, friendliness, and overall property appeal. She was pleased with the activities and staff. Complaints were limited to the need to make the swimming pool more accessable and sporadic comments regarding food service wait times and selections. Very good experience and would recommend this facility.

Very active

There are a lot of activities to do. They’re still under construction and I don’t know when it will be over. You have to be prepared for construction. The laundry service is good – they just put in new washer which has helped a lot.

She seems happy there.

My loved one liked the food and then they changed the chef, so now I don’t know anymore. There is an outside area for her to enjoy nature in. She hasn’t really complained about anything. She seems happy there.

Everything seems to be going well so far.

Everything seems to be going well so far. They were more affordable that some of the other places we saw. The only issue is with the food, I'm not sure what's going on, it takes a really long time to get served. They are working on it though. The people were really working with us to get in. They are very clean and friendly. They are quick to respond to any concerns that come up. They do a pretty good job of having activities available.

Great Place

My mother only lived a month after their move into the community, but my step father lived at Bella Vista another 3 1/2 years. They were very accommodating after my mother's death. I feel he wouldn't have lived much longer if he weren't at Bella Vista.
There were many activities to be involved in. I know my mom would have loved it there if she weren't so ill when they arrived. My step father enjoyed trips to the casinos, happy hour on Fridays, and holiday celebrations in the dining room.
We ate in the dining room many times when we visited and the food was always very good. The wait staff was excellent and dealt well with some rather demanding residents.
I highly recommend Bella Vista. I am so thankful that A Place for Mom recommended it to me for my mom and step father in 2009.

We really liked this one, but it was quite a bit more expensive

We really liked this one, but it was quite a bit more expensive than the place we chose. It was clean and nice, but the floor plans weren't as open as where we chose.

I am very disappointed. Community made no effort to welcome.

There was no greeting, introduction, or tour of the community upon moving in. We were not welcomed warmly. Communication among the staff leaves a lot to be desired. The residents are not always greeted in the dining room and has sat for half an hour without being acknowledged. The apartment is very nice, but there is no communication, and when we ask for help they are not very accommodating. They had a meet and greet for new tenants, but she felt like she didn't know anyone and she felt out of place and nobody cames to extend invitations and say hey come on down we'd love to meet you and get to know you. They don't seem to check on her, or make any effort to see that she gets integrated into the community. The staff should be more accomodating of new tenants. People we are being referred to bring questions or concerns to the attention of, are not on-site, they are in another location, and aren't there on a regular basis. I am very disappointed.

Very nice community, kind and friendly staff

I'm enjoying this place very much! I'd give them top marks on all categories. I think the staff in particular are very personable, they learn everyone's names and their room numbers and just really get to know everyone. It's a very nice looking place, and they always keep it looking clean and well kept.

Pricey

It was very, very nice but out of our price range, and they didn't accept Veteran's benefits or ALTCS.

new apartment, food good, not many ac...

new apartment, food good, not many activities unless you play cards. pool not heated.

Lovely homey atmosphere

We moved Mother at the beginning of 2013 from another senior living facility. She feels very at home and secure at Bella Vista. She enjoys the residents and activities and food. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Surprised myself by liking ...

Surprised myself by liking this place. Not 100% sold on the location... Will probably bring Dad for a visit here. 1 bedroom is awfully small... 2 bedroom is better size wise. Need to check $$$

Bella Vista is the very best

My mom receives much more at Bella Vista than I could ever describe. The management, hands on staff, the other people who live there, surround her with friendship and love. I moved her there to be closer to me from another community. I never knew the difference of communities would be this amazing. Bella Vista is wonderful, wonderful in every way. I'm so glad I found Bella Vista, My now forever smiling mom feels the same way as I do!

Visited today. $2069 for 1 ...

Visited today. $2069 for 1 bedroom, 600sq. ft. Units are being redone with new kitchen appliances and all new carpet. Unlimited dining from 7-7 anytime anything off the menu. Twice a month housekeeping. Laundry extra. Salon in facility. Pool, theatre. Crafts. Nice, clean.

Remodeled apartments

(Activities Not Rated) We looked at several different places and my son said “This is the one for you.” I am absolutely delighted with Bella Vista. It has is a small footprint community so there is no acres and acres of land to get to the office everything is centrally located. It is an X shaped building that is serviced by elevators. The community has pools, walking paths, and good food. The apartments are being completely remodeled as they become available; new kitchens, new floors, and new bathrooms. They also have an assisted living community right next door so if you get sick or need more assistance that is an option. I am happy with them and would recommend them to just about anyone. The only place you will get care like this is living with your mother.

I would recommend Bella Vista to others

We looked at 10 different facilities before chosing Bella Vista. 3 where in TX closer to family members, and the other 7 were in AZ closer to our doctors. The first thing that impressed us with Bella Vista was the friendliness from our intial visit. The friendliness is sincere and we continue to receive friendliness from the staff. To me the calendar of events is really fantastic, there is something to do everyday if you chose to participate. I definitely give them 5 stars for Activities from my experience.

The almost perfect community

After touring what seemed liked hundreds of facilities for mom and dad, we were referred to Bella Vista from a co-worker. Their mother has lived at Bella Vista for a couple of years and they couldnt say enought good things about. From the staff to the building and all of the offerings, everything that mom and dad need is present. They moved into the IL side and are comfortable that they can receive the help they need in their apartment and liked that the AL side was available should one of them need it. All in all, I wish we would have found this place sooner as it would have saved us lots of time!

The facility offerings seemed dated t...

The facility offerings seemed dated though they were more than efficient. Our mom would not have appreciated this place for herself. Staff was extremely thoughtful and helpful. Smoking on campus would have been an issue. But all other aspects were teriffic.

Small facility but nice. Section of t...

Small facility but nice. Section of town could be better but not overly worriesome. The director was very attentative. Gave us lots of advice we didn't think of or possibilities we didn't know, i.e. VA benefits for mom if dad was even activated for at least 1 day. Going to try to get that info and documents. Doesn't accept ALTC directly. Future concern. Didn't have chance to very or sample food as wrong time. 1 rate covers everything, least expensive of the day, lots of visitor parking, Direct TV, made to order menu, friendly staff as we toured and introduced (some approached us i.e. outgoing), due to small size = more personable?, parking available for mom's car if need be, scooter acceptable, indoor hallways = out of summer heat, single floor in directed care area, can move to more independent area when gets better, portable call button. [removed] No on site doctor availibility.

1 bedroom too small - 2 bedroom too e...

1 bedroom too small - 2 bedroom too expensive and neither has enough closet, but otherwise extr nice facility

Nice facility, but not quite what she...

Nice facility, but not quite what she is looking for. I attended a Life Celebration a here last weekend. I'll keep them in the back of my mind for a tour if she doesn't like the other places.

Anytime dining. Fitness center with ...

Anytime dining. Fitness center with trainers. 4 day caregivers, 3 evening and 2 night caregivers. Tour went well. Signed agreement.

Nice-looking facility, but appears to...

Nice-looking facility, but appears to be more pricey.

Really liked this place, location was...

Really liked this place, location was good, pricing was good. The only downside was the lack of open social areas throughout the facility. there were no gathering places for people to just sit and visit or play cards or just people watch.

Our all-inclusive lifestyle makes it easy. Bella Vista's newly-renovated one bedroom apartments start out at $2185 and include UNLIMITED dining where breakfast is served all day*, transportation to a 15 mile radius, housekeeping, all the utilities except the phone, lifeline emergency service, a 42" smart TV with basic cable, and a wide variety of wonderful outings and activities to choose from.

City Info

Mesa, Arizona, located in Maricopa County east of Phoenix, is the third largest city in that state. Bella Vista is located in the westernmost part of the city, close to Tempe, US 60, and Loop 101.

Walkability Score: Bella Vista Senior Living is located in the Fiesta neighborhood in Mesa. Per walkscore.com, it has a walkability score of 40%.

Average Weather Info: From May through September, triple-digit temperatures are common. Temps can get as high as 114 to 118 degrees during some weeks. The average temperature from May through September is 101.4 degrees Fahrenheit. April can also have triple digit temps on occasion, but its average temp is 94 degrees.

During the rest of the year, the weather is cooler with an overall average of 74 degrees. Temperatures go down into the 30s and 40s at night during the winter months.

Demographics

The average age of residents in the area is 31.8 years old. Compared to other age groups, seniors comprise a small percentage of the population in the area. Out of a population of 36,909, as of 2015:
- 5.0% of residents are between 60 to 64 years old.
- 3.9% are between 65 to 69 years old.
- 2.2% are between 70 to 74 years old.
- 1.4% are between 75-79 years old.
- 0.9% are between 80-84 years old.
- 1.1% are 85 years or older.

Veteran's facilities Nearby: The only Vet center close to Bella Vista is the Mesa Vet Center. It is operated by the US Department of Veterans Affairs. The services it provides include:
- Counseling
- Outreach
- Referral

Transportation

Bella Vista has its own shuttle and car service for residents. However, public transportation options are also available.

- Buses: Valley Metro runs the bus service in the entire Phoenix metropolitan area, which includes Mesa. There are bus routes on Southern and Dobson roads, the two main streets closest to Bella Vista.
- Taxis: Valley Metro also offers their RideChoice taxi service to seniors age 65 and older and people with disabilities at a discounted rate. Other taxi services in the area include Union Cab Company and Discount Cab.

Health and Safety

Banner Desert Medical Center is the closest full-service hospital to Bella Vista. There are also different doctor offices around the Banner Desert campus and the general area that focus on different medical specialties.

Theft, robbery, and vandalism comprise the majority of crimes in the nearby area. However, there have been no crimes in the area directly around Bella Vista in the last month.

Sports and Leisure

- Golf courses: Seniors can golf at the Dobson Ranch Golf Course, located six minutes south on Dobson road. Freedom Golf Course, located southeast of the intersection of Alma School Road and Southern Avenue, is another place for seniors to go golfing.
- Tennis Courts: Kleinman Park, located two and a half miles east of Bella Vista, has lighted tennis courts.
- Gyms: Blast Fitness east on Southern Road is a great place for those seniors who want to remain physically fit.

Shopping and Entertainment

Clothes Shopping
- Target
- Name Brand Exchange: This offers secondhand clothing, perfect for those seniors on a limited budget
- Tempe Marketplace: This is a few miles away in Tempe, but it has all sorts of clothing stores such as JCPenney's, Ross, and Nordstrom Rack

Grocery Stores
- American Discount Foods
- Target
- Albertsons
- Baiz Foods: This grocery sells foods from the Middle East and India.
- Asian Grocery stores: The ones nearby include Asiana Market and Korea Mart

Restaurants
- Oregano's
- Village Inn
- Olive Garden
- Mimi's Cafe
- Pita Jungle
- La Casa de Juana
- Fast Food: This includes McDonald's, Jack in the Box, Carl's Jr, and Taco Bell/Pizza Hut

Movie Theaters
- Cinemark 16
- AMC Mesa Grand

Libraries
The only library close to Bella Vista is the Mesa Library, Dobson Ranch branch. This location has many books. It also offers events for people of all ages, such as book discussion groups, cooking clubs, and more.

Churches

Churches near Bella Vista are:

- Longmore Road Baptist Church
- Living Hope Church
- Resurrection Catholic Church
- Redemption Church Tempe
- King of Glory Lutheran Church"