Brookdale Central Chandler - Chandler, AZ

Brookdale Central Chandler - Chandler, AZ has yet not published prices.

Was more like a nursing home. Staff was great. Very helpful and very knowledge. Like them more than the oaks.

Facility smelled of urine
we ended up cancelling lunch due to facility not clean
buy up for private room

It was a Good stay

My mom was here for about a month. The staff was nice and friendly and responsive to her needs. There was a mix up with her meds when we first got there where there wasn't a good communication among the nurses. But that was fixed, the food was OK and they tried their best to keep it clean in there.

Not a good plase

when you try to get a hold of the corporate to report wrong doing you can not get answers
I do not like this facility
They have a big problem with bed bugs and they did not give any notification to visiting family's for them to take precautions for their safety let a lone the loved one that is not aware of the situation
I was visiting our mom for months and had no idea that her room was infested so of course that meant that I did not have the opportunity to choose a precaution
that means that I transferred them to my home and still today i haven't been able to restore my house to full order due to I have still no bed and I have not been able to get the full treatment to sure that we are cleared
They do not have a dr, available for on site they only have a NP and is in a net work that is not overseen by a DR if they need to be seen they are taken to the hospital
our mom was taken to an actual Dr and he wrote an order that was to change our moms stuff and it was totally disregarded by the nursing staff , but yet I know that our mom was given meds that they did not even know that she was given and it was brought to their attention and i feel that they did not even take action

Learning experience

This was definitely a learning experience for us. There was a disconnect in the communication between what I understood they were going to provide and what they provided. When they say there is a Dr. on-site, be sure that you know exactly what that means, what type of care they will provide in the event of an emergency. If they say they will provide physical therapy make sure you have it in writing when it will occur, or who is going to arrange for it to happen. Other than that, the staff was very friendly and caring. The community was kept very clean and well-maintained. The meals provided had a variety of good nutrition. We were able to bring in a fridge and microwave which was good because my loved one is a picky eater. Outside there are patio areas for the residents to relax when the weather gets cooler.

Other communities for care

I toured this community and did not like that the community had an odor and it was not pleasant. The staff were nice but when I told them that I was going else where they did not treat me too well. I was not able to see a menu and did not see activities. This community needs some improvements in certain areas. Families might want to think about this community for the care of a loved one.

Nice facility!!

I had a tour of this community for my mother and I was pleased with the experience. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions that we had for them in detail. The had a nice floor plan with wide hallways for the residents. It was just not the right fit for my mother in the end decision.

The staff are very helpful!

My mother is settling into the Brookdale. She has been there for a little over a month now and she has her good days and bad days as expected. The staff is wonderful, I have to spend a lot of time there with her and everyone is great from the people who go in and give her medications, to the ones who go in to change her trash can. The only thing that was a little frustrating was how long it took them to get an activity director. We knew that they did not have one before we moved my mother in but now she has gotten in the habit of being just in her room. I hope they encourage her to join acitivites.

Very knowledgeable!

The man that took us on the tour at this Brookdale was incredibly knowledgeable in everything related to insurance. We really enjoyed the tour. We ended up choosing another Brookdale that was a bit nicer but I know my loved one would have been happy at this one too.

Tour and comfort

I liked this community with the great staff who were very helpful to my needs for the care for my dad. The meals seemed to be very appealing. The community was well maintained. Families might want to tour this community for the care of a family member.
Brookdale Central Chandler I toured

It's early but so far - so good

The staff at Brookdale are friendly. It is not a new facility but is in the process of upgrading. We started off on a rocky path as my mother's room was not ready when we arrived (as was promised). Denise has been most accommodating in supporting our needs. This is our first experience in finding and arranging an assisted living home so we had some surprises along the way but overall, my mother is taken care of here at Brookdale and it appears to be working for her and us.
The one thing we have learned is that the staff will respond if a need is identified. It is up to you and your loved one to make your needs clear.

I toured this community. The staff was nice and did answer all of our questions. They appeared to have alot of activities that are offered to those who want to participate. We wanted something closer to home, but this is a great community with nice staff members.

Friendly Staff!

The staff at this community was wonderful, they gave my dad and I a very detailed tour with lots of useful information of their community. All of the residents looked like they where happy and involved in a variety of activities throughout the building . The cost was just way to high for my loved ones budget.

Disappointing. Facility was very dirty = floors need to be mopped, carpets cleaned, and rooms were not made up and dirty for residents.

Review of Brookdale Central Chandler - Chandler, AZ

Facility is older don’t think I would want my parent at this location.

Dorm style living

This facility is older and the age shows. I didn’t like the dorm style living. The residents seemed content. The tour was very brief. I don’t think this would be the place for my mom.

My mom and dad

My parents live there and so far everyone has been nothing but kind and caring... I finally feel they are now finally, safe and well cared for!!! thanks to all!

honeymoon phase

We are still in the honeymoon phase at Brookdale Central Chandler. She seems to stay pretty active here. It has definitely been a transition and these situations are never easy. There is nothing specific I can say at this point to have them improve on at this facility.

This is an ideal location and met all of the needs for my dad. The overall cost is actually more than what we pay now for assisted living care at a different Brookdale in California. Even thought the staff and people we walk in with were great... Financially it doesn't make sense for our situation.

I like it, but there have been a few minor issues.

I like it, but there have been a few minor issues. It's been tough getting some medical testing done in a timely manor. Getting some of the basic care needs accomplished regularly, like bathing hasn't been entirely consistent. The billing has been a little bit off. The numbers I was given at the beginning are way off compared to what I saw on the bill. I have had a difficult time getting a response. In the beginning I got an email that if we enrolled by a certain date, we could qualify for a reduction in rent the following month, and I haven't heard anything back yet either way. Other than that she is very happy there, she has acclimated and made friends, and is definitely more active. Her health has improved a little. They are very friendly. I never get complaints about the food, she is always excited when it comes to meals, I think she likes to socialize. It's working out pretty well.

Brookdale Central Chandler

My mother has adjust very well at Brookdale. There are still some issues that have to be ironed out, but overall it is a very friendly, safe place for my mother. Looking forward to a very happy life at Brookdale for my mother.

Older building, being refur...

Older building, being refurbished. Like small, accessible community. Most rooms shared - Dad needs private. Ability level of residents seems comparable to SC. Has shaded smoking area. Dining seems similar to SC. 50% residents men. Would want to eat there before final decision.

looks like it is just assis...

looks like it is just assisted living not independent living

Overall good care, but improvements could be made

I rated cleanliness as just fair because it appears that things are infrequently if ever dusted. They do clean the floors and empty the trash. Bathrooms could be cleaned more frequently. Some of the caregivers are very good, but some are obviously doing a job and trying to get it done as quickly as possible. Older people do NOT need to be rushed. Also medications should be given at the same times every day, not sporadically when it fits the time schedule.

Having said that, the overall care my mother is getting is good and her room is large and adequate for her needs. The food is exceptionally good - which she very much appreciates.

Lots To Do!

The community is really well taken care for, maintenance gets to issues right away. They offer a public forum where you can voice your opinions to the directors. They made a couple of promises that they were not able to keep. My husband is exhausted at the end of because of all the activities they have to offer. He really enjoys them and keeps him fairly busy when he participates. They are currently in the mist of remodeling but still functional. One thing they do not offer is a Diabetic meal program.

ALTCCS one story assisted l...

ALTCCS one story assisted living and memory care center. Mom would be appropriate for assisted living, and they would want her in assisted living for as long as possible. A move to memory care would occur because of resistance to care/wandering/etc. Some cognitively impaired ladies in assisted living wear wrist bracelets which lock the front door if they get too close. There are 64 assisted living beds with shared rooms or 2 sizes of studios. The dining room has daily menus with 2 changing choices and other foods which are always available. Breakfast is at 8, but late risers can have breakfast brought to their room or saved. Lunch is at 12; dinner is at 5. Seating is assigned. Housekeeping including linen changes, laundry, 3 meals/snacks, and an emergency call pendant are included. There is no cable TV in the rooms, but there is a Bible study and church service. Three nurse practitioners provide primary care on site; there is a dentist, podiatrist, mobile lab services, and mobile imaging. A studio with level 1 services (escort, showers, laying out clothes) costs $3325/mo. A shared Friendship Suite costs $2525/mo. The staff seemed friendly, and seemed to try to provide interesting appropriate activities for each resident. There is a lovely large grassy courtyard with a gazebo and shaded patio. Non-cognitively impaired residents act as 'mother hens' for the cognitively impaired. The dining room is big with 2 walls of windows & laminate flooring.

pros: apt sizes, menu, activities...

pros: apt sizes, menu, activities. cons: no kitchenetts, memory care unit ok

looks nice

looks nice

Nice place

Nice place

I have visited many memory care facil...

I have visited many memory care facilities and Emeritus at Chandler was by far the best choice for my mother. The director of the memory care really cares about the residents. She has activities and programs that keep the residents involved and active. I could tell a difference from my first visit. The administration was superb. They worked hard with me to achieve placement of my mother. I am very grateful to all of them. Definately five star all the way around.

nice layout and one level, no wait f...

nice layout and one level, no wait for medicaid, very friendly staff, nice common areas, laundry included, shared room, all levels of care, meals included, more amenities incl. not add ons

Took tour was OK will be very nice wh...

Took tour was OK will be very nice when redone, the Director very person but do not think for us.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.