Mountain Park Senior Living - Phoenix, AZ

Mountain Park Senior Living is the premier senior living community in Ahwatukee, Arizona. We offer independent living, assisted living and Dementia/Memory Care in Ahwatukee, a suburb of Phoenix, Arizona.

Mountain Park Senior Living puts a new level of affordable luxury within your reach - including "At Your Service" hospitality, one-of-a-kind assisted living amenities and innovative activity programs.

The beauty of living at Mountain Park is that you never have to do it alone. You've spent decades perfecting the art of living, now is your chance to enjoy it. Mountain Park features Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's and Memory Care options. At Mountain Park we've created a unique community designed to help you make the most of your vitality and independence.

We know how difficult change can be, especially for seniors, so we'll do whatever we can to make the transition into your new home as seamless as possible. Together with a perfectly appointed community, exceptionally trained staff and energetic social calendar, our caring staff makes sure each resident receives the "At Your Service" hospitality you'd expect. Our goal is to maximize our residents' independence, health, security and peace of mind by striving to keep our residents as active and involved as possible through a wide variety of activity programs promoting both physical and cognitive health. And with our flexible month to month rental program, our lifestyle is entirely within reach.

5 stars for Mountain Park

I am consistently impressed with the staff, services, and overall environment at Mountain Park! From what I've observed, the community is modern and well-kept. The staff is friendly and caring. The residents are provided with many activities and opportunities to keep the busy and engaged. One thing that I especially like is that the residents get to have a say about their community by participating in forums that are always exploring new ways to make improvements; suggestions are always welcome.

Looking For Something Else

The community was really good and the suggestion from A Place For Mom were all excellent selections. They were an excellent community but they did not have a room available in the location we wanted. We wanted a room by the dining room and activity area.

A Cross Between a Summer Camp and a Cruise

I would describe this as place a cross between a summer camp and a cruise. The place is clean and well maintained. The staff is outstanding. I feel I have made the best choice for my wife. Their food is great, very balanced healthy food choices. There are so many activities to choose that my wife is now taking naps because of participating in so many of them. Bingo so far is her favorite game. The community has entertainers come into play music, they have cooking presentations, they even had someone to come in for mini massages.

Samantha McCue

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at Mountain Park Senior Living. We're happy we could meet your expectations! If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Loved this facility, but the add on expenses would put us way over the top of our budget.

A newer community

This community looked nice when we visited. The people we met were nice. The community is clean and they have nice grounds. They did not have any openings when we were ready for mom to move.

Comfortable living!

My parents are adjusting well to the Mountain Park. The place is clean and they provide housekeeping to help my parents keep their apartment clean. The food is fine, it is kind of bland and in small portions. They have activities available for when my parents are more settled.

A nice place!!

The staff at this community seemed highly trained. The community seemed clean. It was a bit larger than what we were looking for. They did offer activities such as playing bridge and other card games.

Not all that glitters, shines....

When signing up, you are convinced that your loved ones care, will be extraordinary. Not at all the case! Very sub par nursing staff and care programs. Way too expensive for the care received....

Samantha McCue

Hello,
Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We take our reviews very seriously and are thankful that you brought this matter to our attention. We try and provide the best care possible to our residents and we’d love to hear more in detail about your concerns so we can work towards finding a solution and clear up any misunderstandings. Please call our Executive Director, Vincent Jacobi, directly at [removed] for ways we can work towards resolving these issues. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

At Last!!!

All right, I had to find somewhere for my mother to live where she would like to live, feel safe, comfortable, valued and would still meet her and our exacting standards. We looked at several fine places here in the valley. Several had most of those standards, but only one had them all. Brenda [Removed] and Kevin [Removed] of Mountain Park Senior Living in the Ahwatukee neighborhood of Phoenix, AZ were enthusiastic, proud of their establishment and confident in their staff. They were always gracious and friendly as they introduced us to staff and residents as well. The residents were so happy to talk with me and my mother. We never felt rushed, nor did our conversations ever feel rehearsed or forced. They gave a great tour and in fact several tours as other family members wanted to see for themselves all that we gushed over. After all, could a place really be as wonderful as we insisted it was? The hardest part of the whole experience is waiting for the moving day. I really can’t give this wonderful establishment enough kudos or heartfelt words, but suffice it to say that you can not possibly find a better community to entrust the well-being and happiness of your family member.

Mom Loves The Staff

We waited a while before moving my mother to a community because we wanted to find the right fit for her.My mother really likes it here and loves the staff. She enjoys the staff because they treat her very sweet and they are always willing to help. The food is great and they offer good activities at the community center. This is really an excellent community and I would recommend it.

A Community With Great Activities

My father stay at Mountain Park was a good experience. There was good and bad things about this community for us, the staff was wonderful I just didn't enjoy the fact that the turn over rate of the staff was high. I would get use to one staff member then all of a sudden they were gone and my father and I did not like this. They do offer wonderful activities at this community for the residents here, and that was very important for my father with his condition. He loved participating in the activities with the other residents. They are great with the upkeep of the grounds of the community. I feel that they should pay more attention to the private rooms and tend them more often. The one thing that I wanted from the staff was for them to be hands on with my father and they informed me that they were not the type of community so that was a disappointing factor for me. Overall, A Place For Mom was great. I had no clue where to go look when I had to start considering options for my father, and they guided me throughout the whole process. I would say anyone thinking about senior living call A Place For Mom they will do all they can to help you.

mom's place

All the staff are friendly and welcoming. they always have a smile. My mom has been there for 5 months since my dad died. I feel they truly care about the residents and take care of their needs.

The best we saw

The rooms are quite well appointed. Lots of activities. I looked a lot places and this was the best!

Beautiful facility. AS we arrived, the bus was leaving for an outing. We did not see many residents in the facility while we were there. We ate lunch in the dining room alone. There were a handful of residents eating sandwiches in the Café next door. It turns out that the meal plan (2 meals a day) includes breakfast and either lunch or dinner (but not both), though you can purchase them. My impression is that this lovely facility is perfect for fairly active adults who are able to take advantage of the numerous outings.

Very nice looking place!

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Mountain Park Senior Living was a very nice looking place! It was clean and well kept, and the staff all seemed very friendly. We ended up selecting a community run by the same company that was located closer to family, which was also very nice!

Looked like a nice place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved ones. I thought this was a nice looking place overall, and definitely somewhere we were considering as an option. The staff I met were friendly and helpful, and the facility itself was well kept and clean.

Friendly, accommodating staff!

Mountain Park Senior Living has done a great job overall. They've been very accommodating to all of my loved one's needs, and she really seems to be happy here. The staff are friendly, the facility is clean, and they take great care of the people who live here!

They take care of the residents really well.

Everyone here is so friendly, they all say hi when we pass them, and are very tuned into their residents. The only issue we had was that some of the aides, the caregivers were taking their breaks in my moms apartment. That was disconcerting, and after we reported it, we haven't had another incident since. It's very clean, extremely clean. They take care of the residents really well. They have lots of activities and very fun activities too. It's definitely one of the more upscale places.

Gorgeous facility; we'll ne...

Gorgeous facility; we'll never be able to afford this one!

fake reviews are listed

There is a fake review, which reads more like a commercial, showed up less than a day after I gave them a bad review for the way the nursing management treated my father. Fake review: "Best Senior Living In Southeast Phoenix!"

Best Senior Living in Southeast Phoenix!

Mountain Park Senior Living is a wonderful community offering Independent Living, Assisted Living & Memory Care in a beautiful setting as well as the ideal city of Ahwatukee to live in. The management & staff provide excellent services & care for the residents.

very disappointed

The Nursing management is awful. My father is legally blind and deaf. They just won't slow down and help my father understand what they are doing. Who wants to be man handled for unknown reasons. Mountain Park's solution was to ask us to move our father to a facility that was something like in the movie "one flew over the cuckoos nest". Shame on you MP, my father is a decorated Naval Aviator and a sweet old man.

Mountain Park Senior Living is a rela...

Mountain Park Senior Living is a relatively new community, only 18 months old, so they have had a few growing pains. Overall, I would say they do a very good job of providing a wonderful environment for independent senior living. I have no experience with their Assisted Living or Memory Care units, so will not address those areas except as they impact the independent living residents.
Mountain Park provides beautiful and functional common areas and comfortable apartments for their residents. They offer a wide-range of activities to engage residents. Many of these are simply groups of residents with common interests coming together, such as card groups, craft groups, book clubs. Others like movie nights, monthly mystery bus tours, day long trips to area attractions are organized by the activities, or fun department.
Each resident has "lifeline" cord in their personal bathroom and one to wear. Within a 10 mile radius, they provide transportation for doctor appointments, church, grocery, drug and department stores on a scheduled basis. Special arrangements can also be made for personal errands within that 10 mile radius.
There are a few issues to note when considering Mountain Park. If you are looking at an apartment on the second or third floor, please know that the elevator on the independent living side of the building has been out of service multiple times in the past few months, over entire weekends more than once. There is only one other elevator, located on the assisted living wing, meaning it is used extensively. This often causes long waits or people struggling with stairs that should be on the elevator!
The most contentious issue seems to be the dining room, where residents have expressed many concerns from portion size to selection. Some selection issues are due to personal taste, others to medical issues affected by available choice, others to simple nutrition concerns. For example, a recent meal choice included sides of corn, pasta salad, potatoes, all starches, with no green vegetables available. I have personally been there when there were simply no entrees, except a salad were available for two people at my table. everything on the menu was either fried or loaded with sugars and/or sodium. One of the other concerns I have heard voiced more than once is they run out of items before service hours are half over, and often are out of them for several days. I was there once when they ran out of two of their "standard" salad dressings. I was told by a resident that they had been out of them for at least three days by then.
My loved one says the quality of the food served is dependent on who is cooking. One comment I have heard from several residents is that they wish the woman, Linda, who runs the bistro had the supplies to make daily salads with fresh greens. They believe she is excellent and attempts to accommodate individual tastes, but has very limited resources to work with.

Overall, I would say they do a good job and provide a fairly safe, friendly environment. They simply need to clear up the elevator and dining room issues to be an excellent facility.

Long wait list. 2500 dollar...

Long wait list. 2500 dollar community fee. Looked at this place last year. Very close to me. Only 1 yr. old so everything is new. 400 sq. ft. studio is $2095.00