Weston Senior Living Center - Brodheadsville, PA

unorganized and unprofessional

Wesley Enhanced Living Brodheadsville was very unorganized. They would tell you one thing and the total opposite would happen. The CNA evaluated him and said he could be on the second floor. Once we moved him in though they forgot to give him medication and there were several incidents. We would not have let him go there unless he was going to get the care he needed. In the 2 weeks he was there he had a ton of ambulance rides back and forth to the hospital. It was a mess there. We paid out $3500 for 2 weeks and half of that time he was in the hospital and got only like $1000 back. It was unorganized and unprofessional. I think we should get all of our money back. I would not recommend this facility. We went there under false pretenses. I think they took us there just to get the money and did not deliver on what they promised.

Homey Feel

I was very impressed with the staff at Wesley. They are attentive to the residents, and extremely nice in their attitude. They quickly identified some issues with my mother after we moved her to the secure dementia wing. A visiting nurse was brought in, and measures taken to give her the assistance required.
The building itself is moderately sized, which I personally like. too big of a place can lead to resident's being ignored, I believe. This place feels to me to be the right size-big enough to not feel crowded, small enough so the staff can easily manage the residents and keep an eye on them.
the bedrooms are spacious, with attached bathrooms. All the areas were very clean.
I feel this is a good place to keep my mother secure, healthy, and happy.

At first I was looking into...

At first I was looking into tranquil outdoors themes because it was summer. They have their own balconies. I liked the small resident load. More personal...so close to my home!!!I need my dad here and I will fight for it!

Excellent facility. We met ...

Excellent facility. We met with Connie and toured the Personal Care Unit. I was very impressed with the staff and the location.

Very close to where I live and has an...

Very close to where I live and has an RN on staff which makes me feel comfortable. The staff were friendly to me but I did not see them interact with any of the residents. The rooms are large enough to be comfortable and the menu looks like there is a good choice. The decor is not all that impressive. They do not have a pull cord in the bathrooms or bedrooms.

Weston Senior Living provides worry-free assisted living and dementia care, with a full range of amenities that enhance daily living. And, with our location in the magnificently scenic Pocono Mountains, Weston Senior Living has a desirable address. Every season of the year residents are graced with breathtaking views of natural beauty from our well-positioned balconies and deck. If ever there was a “room with a view” it’s unmistakably here.

Additionally, The Dementia Unit at Weston Senior Living provides comfortable and safe accommodations; expert, caring staff; and an innovative approach to daily activities that provides a stimulating, high-quality living environment for individuals who are coping with a medically diagnosed form of dementia.

Weston Senior Living is easily accessible from several metropolitan areas including New York, Philadelphia, Scranton, and Allentown.