Gluco Lodge Personal Care Home - Stroudsburg, PA

• 24 hour care
  • Female Residents Accepted
  • 3 Balanced Meals and Snacks Per Day

Working Out Well

My friend is enjoying her time since her move to this community. I know she i safe, and in good hands. The staff is wonderful. Everything is working out very well.

Joanne Transue

Thank you for your review! We are about to complete the New Private Suite Wing!! Very exciting Time!

Understaffed

The staff is very friendly and nice. Overall, I think it is a nice place, but they are understaffed and I think that is their biggest problem. There just are not enough people at Gluco Lodge to pay attention to everything.

Joanne Transue

Thank you for your review! We have hired more staff based on our growing residency which we are very excited about!

They are wonderful!

They are wonderful! They have taken such good care of him. The staff is very friendly, and patient. If they are concerned they call me right away. He says the food is good. They have activities, but he is not a participator. The community is kept very clean. We are very happy with them.

Joanne Transue

Thank you for your review! We appreciate hearing feedback!

It's Fine.

It’s fine. The staff was great. My loved one was only there for a short time for respite. I would recommend a private room. In the case of my loved one, they put a dementia patient in the same room which was very unsettling.

Joanne Transue

Thank you for the review. Our New Wing soon to be completed consists of Private Suites each with own Full Private Baths designed based on the needs of our Residents and Families to ensure Quality of Living respected by all. Have a wonderful day!

Affordable Price

There have been a few little thing we've had to address here. For one, the carpeting could be better. You can feel the subfloor, but I know that they just put in paperwork with the township to renovate - for example, make more private rooms, expand a little bit, etc. It seems like things will be taken care of eventually.

It seems like the maintenence staff are friendlier than the nurses aids. They will come in whenever you need help, and chit-chat with you. It feels like some of the nurses are overwhelmed, and that could be because they are understaffed. Some of them are also not as professional looking, and seem a little rough. However, my loved one really likes her therapist!

Some of the care services needed to be addressed in the beginning, as far as hygiene related care. Also, it seems like they forget about our loved one sometimes when they should be bringing them down to eat.

However, it's a great location and it is clean. They are taking decent care of our loved one, and for what we pay, the value is good. It has allowed us more flexibility financially. It's in a nice and quiet setting, and they have a lot of activities that fit the majority of the residents. Whenever I've had any issues, I can talk to Natalie, and she will address them.

Hopefully, when the weather gets better, things will start to get better as well.

Joanne Transue

Thank you for your review! Our New Wing Private Suites are soon to be completed! We have been hiring and will continue to as we meet our growing family here at Gluco Lodge Personal Care Home! have a wonderful day!

Nursing Home Feel

That was more of a nursing home. It was not near the size of another place and they didn't have the staff that the other place had either. The people were not nearly as well informed or as friendly. It gave you the impression of a hospice situation, like if you were going there you're going to leave your relative there and you're not going to see them again.

Joanne Transue

We would like to invite all to tour our facility as the 2017 Gluco Lodge Personal Care Home has gone through renovations and within weeks the New Wing will be opening.

I did take a tour last year liked it...

I did take a tour last year liked it and it was also close to my home. Mom is not ready for assisted living yet.

Joanne Transue

Thank you for your review! As time has gone by and if situation has changed please feel free to Re-Tour and get a Sneak Peek into the New Wing. There are limited amount of Rooms that will become available. Rooms are available to hold at rates to be reviewed if interested.
Have a wonderful day !

Warm, clean, modern friendly staff th...

Warm, clean, modern friendly staff that seemed to care for the inhabitants. Only draw back was entering into a rec room filled with wheelchair bound, folks - fine by me but would send mom screaming.

Joanne Transue

Thank you for your review! We definitely do care for our family here at Gluco Lodge Personal Care Home,so thank you for noticing, It means so much!

Gluco Lodge Personal Care Home is a licensed personal care community nestled in the scenic Cherry Valley of the Pocono Mountains. The home is quiet and remote, yet minutes from Lehigh Valley Pocono and St. Luke's Hospital, shopping and banking in Stroudsburg. The owners and management of Gluco Lodge Personal Care Home have over 40 years of experience in the health care industry, including formal training in health service and administration. With this in mind, Gluco Lodge Personal Care Home makes it possible for those who are diabetic and those who are not to enjoy a meal and an active lifestyle without the weight of compromise.