Cherry Hill Senior Living - Cherry Hill, NJ

Mom's New Home at the Senior Living Center

Mom has been at the facility for two months. She moved in Sept. 23, 2014. I personally visited 7 facilities in Burlington and Camden County before deciding on the Cherry Hill Senior Living Center. I chose it for several reasons: 1) cleanliness 2) dedication and attentiveness of the staff 3) location near me 4) They accept Medicaid after two years of private pay 5) She does NOT have to move out of her room when she goes on Medicaid 6) She does NOT have to share a room when she goes on Medicaid. She can stay in the same room where she is by herself. These 6 reasons are all positive features that the other facilities I visited did allow for. The staff in the office has been available to answer any questions mom and I have. The day we moved her in, Helene arranged for the 8 of us to have lunch in the dining room. The staff is friendly to mom and responded to her requests for help putting up pictures and getting a new fridge. When she fell, I was called immediately by the nurse. She is now in physical therapy by the inhouse physical therapist. Physical therapy is not contracted out, which is a feature I was looking for. Mom has no complaints about the food. The portions are appropriate and mom says the servers are kind and helpful and fun. Mom is 92 and her only complaint is : "This place is full of old people."

We are very happy with them, they are very good.

We are very happy with them, nobody is perfect and you can always do better, but they are very good. They are pretty clean, and the staff is very friendly. I am very satisfied, with what I get. They gave me a call immediately, The administration is really easy to work with. I think the food is excellent, I have no complaints, I have eaten there twice, and it was great. They have fed 7 of our family members, they have a separate room for us all to sit together, and we all enjoyed it. They do have activities, sometimes they can be late or cancelled, but the stuff my mom does do she really enjoys. I think the housekeeping is the only thing that could be improved, the housekeeper cleans them all so she could use some help. She doesn't have time to do a very thorough job.

Review of Cherry Hill Senior Living Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Cherry Hill, NJ

It'a in. Liked it, very genuine, real & friendly people. Residents were smiling

Did not have a good experience

We did not have a good experience with Cherry Hill Senior Living, unfortunately. My loved one suffered a bad fall after only a few days at the community. She was in the dementia unit where they were supposed to be keeping a closer eye on the residents and checking on them every hour or two even at night, but it still took quite a while before anyone found her. Based on the experience we had I cannot recommend this place to others.

Very nice person- Helene. ...

Very nice person- Helene. She was informative and supportive.

Very pleased with the lifestyle for our Mom at Cherry Hill Senior Living

What a great experience A Place For Mom gave me and my family as we started our search for Assisted Living for our mother.

They were very prompt with the first call after hitting the "interest" button. Christine Meyer was very helpful, knowledgeable and kind to work with. I toured six communities in the local area and found Cherry Hill Senior Living to be the most suitable for our Mom.

Mom is settling in nicely and enjoys her new "apartment". Her day is filled with new friends and social activities which suits her personality beautifully. The food is great and the staff are wonderful to her and with us!

Making visits to tour each community gave a clearer picture of the best choice for Mom.

We are very thankful and blessed to have made this community a new home for Mom!

Best place for dad

I haven't been there lately, my sister goes there more than I do but my dad needs a lot of help and it's hard for them to be in there all the time and we aren't sure if he's asking for help either.
They have activities everyday, special lunches and dinners and special things on holidays and grandparents day. They always have something going on and my dad really likes the food, which is a big thing when you don't get out very much. There's a special and then you can chose different things for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We went there on grandparents day, all of the families are invited, and the food was really good.
My sister sometimes wishes they could help my dad a little more than they do, but then again, we're not even sure if he's asking for help. Overall, it's the best palce for him, it's a lot nicer than some of the other places people have to go to, they jsut redid the lobby and there's all new things in there. He couldn't live on his own anymore so it's peace of mind for us.

Just Separated Memory Care

They just moved the dementia patients out of the regular part with the rest of the people. My dad was talking to people that they don't know what they're talking about and he thinks they do. It can be hard to tell for him. You see people in wheelchairs and think they're not okay but you don't realize that some of the people walking around are the ones who don't know what's going on. The last time I went there they still had people with dementia walking around unsupervised so we'll see if this is an improvement.

Lunch/toured with Helene...

Lunch/toured with Helene. Pros: Staff was friendly; RN on-premises day & evening shifts; LPN overnight shift. Cons: Rooms are glorified hotel rooms; food was ok but choices were limited; seemed overpriced for what you get.

[names omitted] really didn't like th...

[names omitted] really didn't like this place b/c they kept turning residents away at the dining room even though they were serving others. They didn't like they way another employee was speaking to the residents. Not impressed w/ the tour guide & the maintenance tour guy & the cleaniness even though it is under construction.

Cherry Hill Senior Living is conveniently located in an upscale suburban area next door to Kennedy Hospital and just minutes from Routes 70, 38 and 295. Everything from our decor, delicious cuisine served restaurant style and our cozy furnished studios makes you feel right at home here at Cherry Hill Senior Living. Our residents enjoy making new friends while engaging in an active lifestyle whether it be reading a book in our beautiful library, being a part of our knitting club or participating in our bi-weekly exercise class, there is something for everyone. Many of our residents take advantage of our complimentary transportation to various destinations including restaurants, casinos, and local malls. At Cherry Hill Senior Living, you will meet new friends, be cared for by a dedicated staff and take advantage of a full range of services that will keep you secure and independent. Come find out why our residents call Cherry Hill Senior Living their home.