Vizcaya by the Sea - Pompano Beach, FL

Little beach resort, fresh air and sunshine!

My mother now lives at Vizcaya..... It looks like abeach resort. Just a walk across the street to beautiful beach access. Open sunny courtyard with tons of palms. Really pretty. I was amazed by the caring staff, if you visit for awhile you can see this. Lana has been wonderful to us, tried to take my mother to live with us, she'd only been there 2 weeks. I found she needed way more care and activities, doc visits than I could handle. She was excited to go back and warmly welcomed by everyone. Lana hugged my mom when she left and told her she could come back if she wanted to. She also made the transition back very easy for us! Nice quiet small facility with very caring staff!

This is a wonderful facility. It is clean, the staff are all nice, the residents appear to be happy and entertained. It is also right by the ocean, and has a nice and pretty good sized courtyard like area. I'd recommend this place to anyone looking for a living facility to place their loved ones.

My mother suffers from Dementia, and for years I told myself that I would never place my mom in any kind of home or facility. Unfortunately, it has gotten to the point where I can no longer provide adequate care. Some days are fine, but some days are really tough on me. So I began looking for a facility to place my mom. I was looking for three things:
1. The staff needs to know what they are doing
2. The place needs to be clean and well kept
3. I need to be able to picture my mom there
Vizcaya met all this criteria. When I walked in to visit I saw residents being assisted by people who seemed to actually care and know what they are doing, and I saw one lady cleaning up (letting me know that cleaning is actually being done). What I enjoyed most, is seeing these two little ladies sitting on chairs in their outside "backyard" like area, which is actually in the center of the building, but they were smiling and talking. All I could see is my mom sitting along with them. I decided to place my mom here. It has been about a month now, and I have no complaints. The staff tells me that my mom has challenging days, but they always reassure me and make me feel comfortable with her care. When I come to visit my mom, and when she is feeling okay, I can see she is happy where she is and does not mind being here, which makes me happy. Thank you vizcaya for taking care of the most important person in my life.

I recently came to visit Vizcaya By The Sea, in need for a new home for my dad. The first thing that catches my eye about this facility, is how big and spacious it is! There is a large activity/recreation room, a good size dining area, and my personal favorite, an outdoor space right in the center of the building! The place reminds me of beach resorts I used to go to. Speaking of the beach, Vizcaya is right by the ocean, which is perfect for when I visit, so I can take my dad to the beach. The staff appeared very friendly, and they answered all my questions (with good responses i might add). Truthfully, the only reason I am writing this review is because I was surprised at how kind everyone is! Another thing I noticed about this facility is how clean it is. This is something all my friends told me I need to keep an eye out for, and I must say Vizcaya is very well kept! After visiting this facility, I am confident that my father will be in good hands. He moves in this week!

Highly Recommended

I was surprised to read the reviews listed below. I recently placed my mom in this facility and have been nothing but happy about the service that is being provided by this facility. Even if I have any concerns, they address it immediately and effectively. The establishment is well kept, very clean, spacious, and beautifully decorated. What is most comforting is that when you walk into this facility it does not have a depressing feel to it, most people appear happy when I visit. As a side note, my mom mentioned how she is happy because they have been getting delicious desserts, better than in the previous facility she stayed at!

looks like they are going out of business

If your looking for a well kept environment for your loved one, keep on looking. The pictures of Vizcaya by the Sea were taken when the facility was being maintained.

Small Property, Small Staff

Horrendous! It was a really small property and it was run down. It had a very nursing home feel about it. There was a very small staff and I just didn't like it at all.

Located in Pompano Beach, Florida, Vizcaya by the Sea offers Assisted Living. Our property sits directly across the street from the beach; enjoy sea breezes and the freshest our.
We care for the senior citizens in your family as if they are our most precious commodity. Our Companion Living Program helps to match our residents on more than just gender alone.
We take into consideration such things as personal schedules, hobbies, activity levels and of course personalities in order to match your loved one with the best roommate possible.
Our beautifully decorated facility ensures that your loved ones' stay with us is memorable, entertaining and relaxing. Since we also do respite care if your favorite senior citizen comes to stay with us for a short time they may not want to go home again after meeting new friends and other residents!
Our assisted living facility also has a state of the art medication management system that is electronically controlled and managed, letting us spend more time caring for your loved ones. We are proud to offer assistance with bathing and dressing, escorts to the variety of activities around the building, assistance in transfers and other personalized assistance as needed.
We take great pride in making sure that there is something for everyone to do whether it is enjoying a poolside barbecue or going on field trips to local destinations, Vizcaya by the Sea has it all. Our dining hall is tastefully decorated and our chef prepares a lovely choice of delicious meals daily. Daily exercise classes, bingo games, guest lectures, arts and crafts, and beach activities are just a few of the ways that we help your loved ones stay active and enjoying the world around them. We also offer complimentary transportation to shopping and medical appointments.