Grand Villa of Deerfield Beach - Deerfield Beach, FL

Review of Grand Villa

[name removed], thank you for everything you have done. You are a high point in a sea of not such a great business.

Small rooms/apartments. Not an option for senior living. Just not very inviting for someone that is still able to function independently

Very good services for the low cost. Just not the place for Dad.

I was pleasantly surprised with this facility. The staff appeared friendly. I liked the fact that everything (bathroom assist, medical management, etc) was included in the price. I didn’t care for the shared rooms because both beds were in the same space so if my mom went there I would probably get her a private room. I toured the memory care section where renovations are not complete. I would hope they would brighten up the area, especiially the activities room. I was impressed with the security in that area and the computer system added to provide information about the residents for the staff to view and update.

Very nice facility, smelled clean! My only concern was the lack of information on Medicaid and how it actually works. Ex: difference between Medicaid and Medicaid diversion. For someone like me who is very new to this process more information on how the process works would have been helpful.

To expensive

The staff here did a great tour and they were able to answer all my questions. There were a lot of amenities offered here but I would also have to pay extra for them and that would end up being more than what my budget would allow.

Was Under Construction Too Loud

At the time we toured this community is was under a massive reconstruction so it was too loud. I am sure that once all the construction is done and completed it was going to be a much lovelier community. The staff was nice and friendly very helpful. The location was out of where we wanted her to be not as close as we would have liked.

I Had A Pleasant Tour

I had a nice tour of this community, and everyone was kind. The community was nice, and clean. The staff I met was friendly, and informative. Overall a pleasant experience, but not the right fit for my mother.

Very Pleased

I have found the overall experience to be a good one. The staff has been helpful and is always there to help. I have found the food to be good there seems to be an alternative in case you don't care for the main selection. They offer transportation to and from doctor appointments which are very helpful and convenient. They office activities through out the day however since I am not a morning person I only participate in the afternoon ones. The reason why I chose this community was due to their pricing it fit within my budget range

The facility was tired looking needs a face lift which they are supposedly in the process of starting to re-do. The studio apartment was very nice, I saw the model of what the new rooms would look like. The only problem I have is how long will it take for my Aunt to get into the newly remodeled room??

No Place For Mom

I just returned from visiting this place. All they talked about was how they were renovating it. All the renovations in the world cannot take away from the smell (masked by plug-in deoderizers) and the overall shabbiness of the place. Even though I had thoroughly and honestly explained my mother's condition to them over the phone, they agreed to an appointment. I took my mother there, who is wheelchair bound because of a broken hip but in full possession of her faculties. We took the tour, even though they refused to discuss pricing with us.. After the tour, my mother was evaluated by a nurse. Then the "tour guide" and the nurse conferred and we were given the "bad news." My mother could not move in because there was no room in the facility for her level of care (which was not all that excessive...bathing, helping with dressing, assistance to the bathroom and lunch room, etc, standard assistance living care). I can't help but feel that my mother did not meet their standards of "renovation" that they so emphasized during the tour. Perhaps they are looking for a more upscale clientele. In that case, this place needs a lot more renovating than painting and creating new rooms, like a serious examination of the air quality, carpets, elevators, and overall shabbiness of both the place and the residents.

Dad Is In Good Hands

My father is doing well here at this community, they are caring for him and his needs very well. The community is very well maintained, they do a good job with keeping everything nice and clean. The staff have been pretty helpful and attentive. I know he is safe and in good hands. I would recommend it.

Review of The Renaissance - Deerfield Beach, FL

This Privately owned Assisted Living Facility was very soft-sell. The Marketing Director was very low energy and spent the first few minutes determining if their facility was the right fit for my parents. It was a refreshing approach. However this 1st visit included only a tour of a Model Room which was small but well laid out. The facility had limited activity recreational space (multi-purpose rather dedicated) and virtually no outdoor Green Spaces. The tall chain link fence indicates that their resident population must be a high-risk for wandering. With no separate Independent Living a high percentage of the residents in the general areas were Assisted Living requiring wheelchairs.

Short experience, but seemed very nice

Our experience with The Renaissance was only a short one, but overall I think it seemed like a very nice place. The staff is friendly and caring, and they do a good job looking out for the people who live here. The facility itself is nice looking, although I did notice some areas that could have been kept a little cleaner.

I only had a very brief visit to this community.

I only had a very brief visit to this community. It didn't really meet our criteria, but the manager gave us other resources and information. They were very friendly. I did see a bulletin of scheduled activities. I didn't like it, it felt like an old folks home. I didn't really like the area either.

Review of The Renaissance Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Deerfield Beach, FL

If we had no other options, then I might consider this place, but it would be a last resort. And--surprisingly--it really isn't cheaper than Emeritus at Regency.

Review of The Renaissance Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Deerfield Beach, FL

Somewhat dated but clean. Marilyn was very helpful with our questions. They are supposed to be painting the front and updating the halls, etc but not the rooms. We are leaning towards this place mainly because of the cost factor.

Review of The Renaissance Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Deerfield Beach, FL

Mom visited and did not like...dining room was quiet with not much interaction...said it was depressing.

Took tour. Will not take hi...

Took tour. Will not take him while waiting for medicaid.

Worst place ever

My significant other lived at this place. It is dirty (feet stick to the elevator floor), the care is terrible (caregivers don't speak or understand English). There is never enough food and what is served is subpar ( canned ravioli). Rooms are bug infested. This place must know when inspectors are coming. They rely on the fact that most residents are very elderly and have some dementia. They promise the world and give nothing for lots of money.

Requested pricing info 5/2/11

Requested pricing info 5/2/11

Our homelike community in beautiful Deerfield Beach, Florida is what makes The Renaissance Assisted Living Community such a warm and friendly environment for our residents, families and friends.
The residents living at The Renaissance can enjoy their independence and autonomy. When assistance is necessary, we continue to encourage a balance of freedom and increased self esteem while we are providing personal care.
We provide our senior residents with personalized services from nursing care, medication assistance, a full activity calendar, housekeeping, laundry services and so much more. Our caring and dedicated staff is on duty 24 hours a day to ensure that our residents live a full, enriched and dignified lifestyle.