Stratford Court at Boca Pointe - Boca Raton, FL

A new lease on life awaits

Bottom line first: The level of care in the assisted living, and and the staff are both exceptional. Now the beginning, for me, my mom transitioned in [date removed], I moved my father, who at the time was on a hospice watch, 3 months later, and I cried and thought it might be the beginning of the end for him. No way, 3 months after that he was taken off hospice watch, he was walking all over the place, he became social, and loved/loves participating in the activities that are powered by the love and energy of the staff, and he is now thriving at 100 years instead of surviving. This staff is amazing, absolutely the best. I love these women of the heart. On his 100th birthday, well they just took it over the top for him, and it was a fun time for all. I celebrate them every day. a giant thank you goes out to the staff at the assisted living at Stratford Court Boca.

Fair warning. Take pictures before and after leaving. Property Manager is going to fudge numbers to pay for things that you should not be entitled to pay and will be shady when you dispute and not provide any requested documentation to back up charges. Quiet area, but you will be charged for things you should not be responsible for. Older units, but it serves it's purpose.

My brother and I toured 5 facilities in the area for our parents, one with physical frailty and the other dementia and a service dog. What impressed us most is that when we asked the other facilities which of their competitors they would recommend given our circumstances and budget, two of the five mentioned Stratford Court. We now understand why. Our parents, who have now both passed away, were treated with love and respect by the incredible staff at Stratford Court for which we are forever grateful. Meals were delivered to their room when missed, for example when our Dad had dialysis. When they were hospitalized or in rehab, aids would come to visit them on their days off, and when mom could no longer use a phone, staff would call us on their cell phones and put mom on the phone so we could speak with her or send us photos of her enjoying the entertainment or sitting outside. During the hurricane this past September staff lived in for several days and called us several times to let us know how mom was doing. Operations continued seamlessly, with no loss of power, air conditioning or personal services. Someone in management must be doing something right in hiring and maintaining staff of this caliber.

All common area old worn and tired. Many people in walkers and many aides. Salad bar was subpar. Nice enough tour guide, [Removed]. Nice residents. Was greeted by a 4 month resident who was really not happy there. This of course tainted our view but honestly, she had legit comments (dirty, many aides and walkers, cleaners did not move one chair and only stay 1/2 hour to clean the apt.

Sunrise Senior Living

We are sorry to hear about your experience at our community. We take your comments very seriously and would like to speak with you further. Please email information (at) sunriseseniorliving (dot) com with your contact information so that we can reach out to you to learn more. Have a safe and wonderful start to 2018. Thank you, The Sunrise Team

Lovely facility and the representative was very upfront and forthright, which I appreciate. Although this facility would have not worked for my father I learned the most about the process while speaking to their representative. It was refreshing to hear the good, bad and the ugly about our Medicaid program. Now that i have some good information I can better navigate a course for my father. Thank you Stratford Court!

This is a wonderful Caring Community

The first day my mom moved in she was greeted by everyone by her nickname and everyone was so welcoming, the chef even came to our table at lunchtime and introduced himself and asked her about what she likes to eat and told her to let him know if she wanted anything special. They keep me well informed about my mom and her care they are encouraging her to be a part of the activities and they even helped me find the movers and packers to move her who also set her apt up for us. My mom has settled in and she is so glad that she has come here.

Very impressed.

Visited six facilities in this area before choosing Stratford Court for beloved Aunt in the middle stages of Alzheimer's. They found room for her in assisted living until there is room in memory care, and at the end of two weeks, both she and I are happy. Initially, I was very impressed by cleanliness, on-site meal prep., the genuine warmth of most of the staff; the fact that residents were out of bed and dressed in their own clothes, provided with opportunities to socialize -- they were brought to a central dining area and kept out of their rooms as much as possible . And it has a sterling assessment from the state. Haven't experienced memory care, yet, but so far she seems very happy there. And I'm happy that she is happy.

My mom & sister mis-judged the timing and were an hour late so their tour was cut short. People were rushing because they were late. My mom
would like another chance to visit to get the full tour. She did like it here.

Best Assisted Living in Boca!!

We had to find a place for my mom pretty quickly after the death of my father. Stratford Court at Boca Raton is perfect! The staff made the transition almost seamless for all of us. She is well cared for, looked after, enriched, entertained and well fed. She is happy and content. I see the interactions she has with her caregivers and the other staff and it gives me such peace of mind. My mother had dementia and they treat her with respect. The facility is clean, well taken care of, and her apartment is the perfect size for her. We feel so fortunate to have our Mom there.

Kind Staff!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken at this community for my loved one. The staff where friendly and on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in great detail. They had a nice floor plan with lots of great amenities for all of the residents. Overall it was just not the right fit in the end decision.

Small rooms!

Everyone at Stratford Court was very nice but the rooms that they showed us were very small. The community was clean and well maintained, but it was not what we were looking for.

I was helping my mother- and father-in-law in their search for a continuing care community. I toured Stratford Court at Boca Pointe, on their behalf. The first thing I noticed was how happy the residents (and staff) all seemed. There is an energy that captures you the minute you walk in the front door. The facilities are clean; the independent living apartments are generously sized and designed with aging in mind; the grounds are very nice; and there seems to be a lot of activities for residents. While my in-laws selected another community (based on future potential health care needs), I think they would have been very happy and comfortable living at Stratford Court, as well.

Home and Care

We like this community for the great care. He is offered all the activities, but he has not been active yet. The other residents are happy and it makes us know that it would be a good place. He also had friends that lived there and it has been an excellent choice. We highly recommend the care of this community.

Our Meeting Was Very Good

I had a tour with this community and it was all nice. They showed me around and let me know what they offer but we got turned down because the age of my brother. He was too young. It was a nice experience and a nice attempt.

Attentive Staff!!

The staff have done an outstanding job at being attentive to my mothers needs. They have done a great job at reminding her to take her medication as well as helping her up and down the stairs for meal times. They have also been encouraging her to get involved in more activities and help her get acquainted with the other residents in the community. Overall the staff at this place have had a very positive impact on my mother and I am very thankful for them. She seems to be really enjoying the food and says the entrees they serve are delicious. I have no complaints this far and would defiantly recommend this place.

Nice place, go see for yourself

Nice facility. Go see for yourself. Friendly staff. Good food and activities. A perfect location for us, near our home and work.

Well maintained community!!

The community was well maintained and kept very clean with great features throughout the building. The residents seemed happy and where involved in different activities throughout the complex. The staff was very knowledgeable and gave my loved one and I great information.

felt property could fit my needs; concerned about size of community

A special home for a very special friend

I was assigned the task of finding a home for a business friend who was showing signs of forgetfulness and the inability to make good decisions for himself.

My search was a brief 2 months when, Tommy, from "A Place For Mom" presented STRATFORD COURT to me. The friend visited and signed immediately. He said, he "could feel at home here".

They helped him through every step of his transition. From filling out all of the massive forms to checking all of the loose ends on moving day.

Now, we all sighed a relief. And, everyone can get back to living in peace knowing that this special friend is in good caring hands.
Thank You, A PLACE FOR MOM and STRATFORD COURT!

excellent

The Staff and facility is excellent.

So relieved mom is here

Mom seems to have settled in nicely. The staff has given her purpose and friendship, and she is happier than she has been in years. I am so grateful that we found these wonderful people.

Review of Stratford Court at Boca Pointe - Boca Raton, FL

Wonderful facility everything we are looking for staff was very pleasant and helpful excellent food in elegant surroundings.

Review of Stratford Court at Boca Pointe - Boca Raton, FL

This Sunrise Independent Assisted Living facility was very impressive. The management marketing staff were professional welcoming. The wide variety of floor plans was a plus. I was fortunate enough to sample the food give high praise to the chef dietary staff. The grounds are spacious located in a upscale community. There seems to be miles of corridors (great if your loved ones enjoy daily indoor hikes). Fortunately numerous brightly lighted alcoves are set up (library pool tables etc.) along the way. Definitely a lot of value for the money. It was the most expensive property we are considering for our parents.

Great Community

Lots to do. great staff. They are very nice and friendly. The staff participates in the activities and it's like a big family. very pleased.

Helpful and Prompt

They were very friendly and answered all of our questions. if there were any issues they were taken care of promptly. She was in independent living, but then moved to the assisted living facility. But they were very helpful with that. Really there are no complaints.

Our first impression was extremely positive. Lots of activity, nice facilities, extremely friendly residents and staff. The downfall were the rooms. They are tiny with very little light other than the corner studio of which there are only 2. Because of this we cannot consider this facility.

Very nice place, great staff

They do a great job at Stratford Court, I would give them top marks across the board, they've been perfect! The staff are respectful and caring, and really understand the sorts of changes seniors are going through. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the food is excellent. I highly recommend them!

Very nice place!

They've done an excellent job so far at Stratford Court at Boca Pointe. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they have a lot to provide for the residents. The staff has been friendly and professional, and very accommodating in regards to any questions or requests we have had.

The place is great.

The place is great. We are very happy with them. The food is very good, I had lunch and tried the food there first. I don't have any complaints so far. The staff are all very friendly, and they take good care of him. I would rate them very highly and give them a five.

Going well so far!

Our loved one has only been here a short time, but so far our impression of Stratford Court has been very positive. We looked at quite a few other facilities in the area and were impressed by what they offer here. It is a nice looking place, and the staff we have worked with have all been friendly.

They are doing a great job.

They are doing a great job. They have met all of our expectations. We haven't had any issues with how clean it's kept, or with the attentiveness. No problems with food. We have been quite pleased.

Review of Stratford Court at Boca Pointe Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Boca Raton, FL

The place was active with the residents in wheelchairs and walkers lined up in entrance. They like the residents to get out of their rooms and get involved. Warm atmosphere as the activity directer was playing a game with residents. The smell of cookies filled the air. The staff have been with the home and recognized for their being part of the family for a period of time. computer on hall wall to log patient care for next round to know all info.at all times. Ala cart services available. Nurses on duty 24/7 Church services available and visiting Ministers. Room is available on ground level by the dining and entrance. View from window is a garden and the patio. Walk in closet to be customized. Furniture to use available. I would feel safe and know Dad is in good care!

It's going relatively well.

It's going relatively well. I don't have any complaints or anything I would like to see done better. They keep it clean and are attentive to the residents needs.

Friendly staff, and good food!

Overall things at Stratford Court have gone very well! The people here are amazingly friendly, and the facility is well kept, clean, and a nice looking place. They also do an excellent job with the food, which is always important!

Wonderful caregiver

It all depends on who you get. At first we started out with a real young one who was only nineteen, but now we have an older caregiver and she is fantastic! They haven’t missed any appointments with us so far.

BEST DECISION

Best decision we ever made! This place fits my parents at this stage of their lives perfectly! They have friends, activities, great food, attentive personnel, good care! They no longer just sit in front of the TV or eat alone in their condo. I know there has to be a shift for people to think 'this' is the best way to live: and not stay in their homes; but this is definitely the better way!!

Checked out Stratford ct to...

Checked out Stratford ct today. Little pricey. Too many additional costs and a 3000 dollar onetime payment.

Very worth it

It’s so expensive, but it’s worth – when it’s your mom – it’s important to know that it’s very good care. I’m really happy with them! It’s really great. They offer a lot of fun things! I’m just really happy there. The food is great! We go as guests and it feels like we’re going to a restaurant. It was delicious food.

Nice looking community

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for my loved one. This place looked excellent, and the staff were all very friendly and professional. The major difference between this community and the one was selected was cost. While this place looked nice, it didn't seem to provide any extra benefits that would justify the higher price point.

new beginnings done right

This is the beginning of your new life. STRATFORD COURT IN BOCA,RATON FLORIDA IS THE PLACE TO GO LOOK AT FIRST. NOTHING ELSE OUT THERE CAN COMPARE TO THE VALUE AND THE THOUGHT THAT WENT INTO MAKING THIS A WONDERFUL HOME FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. THE ZTAFF AND RESIDENTS ARE THE BEST. MY MOM HAS BEEN THERE ONE WEEK AND SHE IS A DIFFERENT PERSON. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY !!!

It's a lovely place but it didn't work out well for us, and I was a little disappointed. In my opinion they didn't do enough to integrate her into the program and help her get to know people. It's a beautiful facility, but I was very disappointed. They didn't tell us about a dress code but we have seen them turn people away from the dining room for showing up in jeans. They were good about the maintenance problems. They had plenty to do, but when she went to the activities director and asked to get involved in bridge, I don't feel like they worked very hard to help get her involved. It was a very nice looking facility and it was near my office, and the one thing we took into consideration was the proximity of the room to the elevator. A Place For Mom was wonderful and I have recommended the service to other people, and they are a wonderful resource, and the woman that helped me, Alexia Landis, was wonderful.

Pleasantly surprised

The staff at Stratford Court exceeded expectations both in the process of move-in and making Mom feel comfortable and welcome. The facilities are modern and well cared for and clean. Seriously consider this choice for your family.

Very Civilized

We loved it, and took my husband's parents there. We just thought that it would be perfect, but it didn't have the memory care unit suitable for his mom. What struck me was the activities planned for evenings and afternoons. We loved the set up, it was like living in high rise apartments. The building looked like it was a country club. It was very civilized; the dining room had cloth table clothes and cloth napkins. It was clean and gave the appearance that you are living well. They did have good activities for memory care, but when the residents begin to wander, then they have to be moved. They don't have a locked down unit.

Perfection!

My 91-year-old father and I dropped in at Stratford Court a few days before our scheduled tour. The staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. We were introduced to some of the residents and invited back for dinner after our scheduled tour. But we did take the tour the first day we dropped in.

My father was lucky in that an apartment became available sooner than expected. He moved in without any problems and although he's only been there for two weeks, he is enjoying himself more than I've seen in years.

Stratford Court at Boca Pointe

Stratford Court was the first and only independent living facility my husband and I visited. We both found the site independently on the web and it met our most important [removed] clean and attractive 2) plenty of activities and transportation 3) within our price range 4) all levels of care and 5) location, location, location! Why would we look any further? It only kept getting better when we secured an apt. That very morning that was being renovated plus more [removed] doctors that visit the premises, weekly housekeeping, a beautiful pool... This place was formerly a Marriott and it looked it!

Our admissions coordinator, Debbie Rutland, was lovely, warm and friendly.

My mother came in from an independent living facility in the Midwest so she knew how these places operate. While she has been a bit taken aback by the typical, (a few unfriendly) personalities of the majority population of northeasterners, it has been a very manageable adjustment for her!

beautiful grounds

beautiful grounds

Sunrise Independent Living is for seniors who want to maintain their rich and rewarding life without the responsibilities of running a household. Here, you’re given independence and options. We offer a choice of apartment floor plans, restaurant-style dining, housekeeping services, exercise and wellness programs, and much more. It’s ideal if you’re an active senior who wants to focus on the things you enjoy most in life, but yet have assistance available should you need it.