THE FORUM AT DEER CREEK - Deerfield Beach, FL

Independent Living Review

Not exactly a warm and fuzzy place. Stacy is nice, but it's basically a fussy, stuffy, "full of rules" place. My mother said the food was good.

avoid the forum at deer creek

my grandmother has dementia and broke her hip. my family put her here thinking that this was a great looking facility but thats about where it ends. the staff is not compassionate at all. they leave her soiled for hours, they dont change her wounds when they have becomes soiled. the more you ask them questions and request someone to come the more they avoid you. she was at tamarac nursing home before we moved her to this awful place even though the facility was run down and didnt have good fun, they cleaned everyday unlike the forum and gave my grandmother loving care. stay away from this place!

Be careful before moving your loved one to the Forum

We recently moved our mother out of the Forum after realizing the care my mom was receiving was not adequate. The Assisted Living Center we thought at 1st was wonderful, including the support staff and Altha. However, when we needed assistance, our needs fell on deaf ears.
The last 3 weeks, when my mom needed a little more attention, the care of the nursing staff got worse. We just wanted our mom to have some compassion but were told by Head of this department, that they are not a memory center, "they are only skilled nursing center". Ironically, most of the residents here have dementia so it's difficult to explain why the nurse staff are not compassionate or understand the nature of this illness. When I asked Management to look into my complaints, they told me they would investigate, it's now 3 weeks later and I am still waiting !!!!!

Would not recommend this place

We had our loved one here for a time before we moved her out, and we did not have a good experience. The facility itself was very nice looking, and clean, but that is where the positives end. It was always very hard to get in touch or get any response from the staff, and my loved one had falls that ended up with her in the hospital numerous times. I would recommend avoiding this place.

The Forum at Deer Creek is an Independent Full-Service Retirement Community. An easy drive from the West Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale airports, The Forum at Deer Creek is a beautiful country club community surrounded by water and lush landscaping. In this amazing country club setting, we pride ourselves on offering an elegant and maintenance-free lifestyle, along with the highest standards in service and hospitality so you may live comfortably.

**The Forum at Deer Creek is well-prepared to deal with hurricane season in South Florida. Our community is neither in a flood zone nor in an evacuation area, and can operate during power outages on two emergency power generators.