Symphony at the Waterways - Fort Lauderdale, FL

Symphony at the Waterways - Fort Lauderdale, FL has yet not published prices.

Really solid, great place

My Father-in-law is very happy here, everything is on point. The medication management, the food, the cleanliness, all of it is immaculate. The staff interacts with him fantastically and you can tell that they are who they are; they aren’t putting on a facade. They seem to be great at working with the elderly and with people with dementia. Even the cleaning girls are wonderful. You can just tell that everyone is helpful. I’ve found that what I’m paying for here is more so the staff in addition to the accommodations. They’re proactive in interacting with the residents as well. They’ve even come to my Father-in-law’s apartment to make sure he’s interacting with everyone and getting the socialization he needs. It’s a very fraternity type of environment, everyone is always coming and going and I’ve never seen anyone just sitting there in atrophy. They also allow pets so you can see people outside all the time walking their dogs. They always have croissants out with coffee and there’s a place where you can sit and visit with family. They had a residents meeting recently where they invited the families so they could talk about what the residents want with their food and things like that, so you can tell there is an ear to the ground to make sure everyone is getting what they need. If you can afford this place, it’s really top notch.

Facility overlooks the ocean

This facility is really nice and it’s in a beautiful location. It’s right on the water and my Mother’s room is actually facing the ocean. The food is delicious and the restaurant is open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. The staff is great and they actually just got a new executive director whose main focus is on resident care. The only reason why I didn’t give them a 5 is they said they had an arrangement with a local country club for the residents to use the pool. When my mom finally moved here, we found out that is not the case. I would recommend this facility to other families.

Beautiful Movie Theater

While looking for a place for my loved one, we have toured facilities in Florida and New York. This location mostly fitted us financially and it was a lot nicer in our eyes. The only complaint that I would give is toward the wait staff & kitchen staff. Sometimes after you order you could sit there for forty five minutes before serving you. There are other times where you will receive your food right away. I think it is just because the place is new and there is a new staff. But you know, people are old and they might get irritated if they have to wait that long for their food. The food itself is good however, it is better than expectations. There is no problem with the portions and the have daily changes to their menu. One side of the menu is set where you can order what you can always get and on the other side they apply the daily changes. There is no issue with their cleanliness. Housekeeping comes in every day to make my loved one’s bed and they give her medication as well. Also they come in once a week to clean the apartments. They have a daily sheet that they print out with a page of activities. They have exercise classes, bridge, and they do various off site events with transportation provided. They have a very nice car that actually took my loved one and me to go shopping off schedule, but they were really nice about it. They also have a beautiful movie theatre and they a different movie every night at 7:00pm. It is not the typical folding chairs; it’s a really nice area with comfortable seating. Overall I am very pleased with this facility. I tell my loved one it’s a like a cruise ship that’s not moving since it’s near the water.

Mother's Great Care

I am very happy with the care that my mom is getting in this community. The staff is outstanding. The community is always clean and she is very happy with the meals. We like the activities for her. We would recommend the care of this community to other families.

At Symphony at the Waterways, we offer a lifestyle far and above your greatest expectations. With attention to every detail and a level of customer service likened to a five star hotel, Symphony at the Waterways is setting a new standard for assisted living and memory care. We believe you shouldn’t have to give up the lifestyle you have grown accustomed to in order to live at our community.
Whether looking to unburden yourself from the responsibilities of home ownership with a move to a luxurious community for active seniors, searching for a distinguished community specializing in memory-related illness, or simply needing a little assistance for yourself or a loved one, Symphony at the Waterways offers the amenities and services you need for a quality lifestyle with a stunning view.