VISTA VERANDA ASSISTED LIVING - Lynwood, CA

AWFUL PLACE

I would not recommend this place to anyone !!! --- They lie, they don't watch what is going on in the Alzheimer unit, they don't care if it is 100 degree and that the patients are drinking enough water. My Mom almost died there from dehydration. She had so many urinary tract infections and SCABIES. Which of course were transferred to me. Almost all of the residents in the Alzheimer unit had scabies but none of the nurses or staff would tell the families that visited. The staff was constantly on their phones, or all hanging out in their little closet (or so called office). They would have falls and no one was around to see what really happened. They had bed bugs also and did not tell any families about that. They brushed it off as routine fumication. Not true because a few of the nurses that did finally speak out told us of how disgusted they were. They new what was going out but were afraid to say to much. I just think it is so awful that these people are so irresponsible with the elderly people. I think the State should come in without them knowing and really see whats going on. It's a shame that the money is so much more important than the safety of our beautiful famlies and elderly.

horrible living

This place is running horribly! Theres not enough staff at all! One caretaker is looking after 65 or more people in the front unit,and residents complaining because they havent showered in god knows how long, i heard two residents talking about how easy it is to smoke [remove] in there because administration doesnt care! What?! I heard about the scabies outbreak but supervisor. Dementia side Sabrena (who has a very bad attitude towards other staff under her supervision ) said that there were none at all! Later ot was confirmed after the the out break simmered down! Yes some people do have them still! This supervisor pretends she is amazingly great and honest,shes not if she really cared about those people she would get them cleaned up and not sit in the front office or dementia closet until the last minute,her partners almost as lazy but not quite! Let me tell you about the food! The portions and half what they need to be in dementia unit! And residents in front unit rarely get seconds! Even tho kitchen staff wants to feed them vista veranda does not. The residents president even had a mini petition to get more food! The girls are constantly overworked and getting lectured because they can m ot finish all minor job duties on time i.e laundry, this place is horrible i wouldnt want anyone living here its a miracle this place is still up!

I like the facility and people, but n...

I like the facility and people, but not the location. I met another family member and was able to get more information that was very helpful. I am still trying to decide if we will pursue this facility.