I really loved this place. The only problem is the room is on the 6th floor and [name removed] wants Ground level.

This facility is misrepresenting the housing. The elevators are often out of order. The windows look like they have never been cleaned. The food is lousy and repetitive. Many of the residents lack cognitive skills and many are just plain rude and are disabled. The management is always asking the residents to be patient with things not working. My rent went up $80.00 the first 6 months. Transportation is not provided as advertised. All that is offered is excuses.

very warm and inviting

My father is loving it here and he is adjusting very well. He just started to get more involved which is great. When we first walked in, unannounced, it was very bright, inviting, and very pleasant. Since we didn’t have an appointment they gladly took us on a tour. From there we decided that this would be a great place for my father. It’s also good for our family too; we are able to go and visit him and eat meals with him too. The food is good from what I have. They provide activities as well and my father told me that he goes down and joins the chorus. I recommend this property; I talk about it to others all the time.

Grandpa is happy here

This community is great for my grandpa. They staff is friendly and housekeeping is good so he doesn't have to worry about that. He is on the independent living side. It is on a month to month pay, he's comfortable with that. So the marketing person helped us get some caregivers and medication support. They have meals 3x a day, its good and if he wants a snack in between they always have stuff for them out. He loves sitting in the chairs in the front and in this sun room also. He absolutely loves all the activities they provide like the entertainment they bring in and they celebrate people's birthdays. He says that they always make it special there. I would recommend this community.

Mom's Comfort

We are happy with the excellent and caring community. The staff is nice and we are glad to see that this community is offering good activites that she likes to participate with the other residents. We like knowing that the community is clean and has a nice enviroment for her.This is a very good community and we would highly recommend the care and the value for other families.

Really nice location!!

My mother and I have recently had a tour of this community and we have no complaints of how things went. This place was actually one of my moms top choices out of all the different locations we had looked at. The staff where all lovely people and they made sure to answer any questions we had for them. The location was actually perfect for my family but in the end decision she ended up choosing a different place.

We did not like this tour. the other residents were in their rooms and they were not active. the staff did not greet me when I arrived for my tour. This community appeared to be nice, but we wanted a community to help with activities. The menu is appearing to look good. We would not recommend this community for other families that are looking for good care for a loved one.

Best place for MOM

Great place. So lucky in every way to have such dedicated staff

My nice home

I am very happy living at this very nice community. The staff are very nice and very caring to make sure that everything is going good for me. I like the community being so clean and maintained. They have a lot to offer and activities for the residents I would recommend this community for other families

Love @ first sight❤️

My 97 year old mother moved to assisted living from her home since 1952. [Removed] was a fantastic 1st contact for me as she knew the struggles I might have to convince her of the move. [Removed] is the kindest, caring, & most thoughtful director who takes personal interest in making sure my mother is happy & comfortable every day. Adjustment has been fantastic & she has only been here 1 week. Thank you to all the friendly & supportive staff for your love & care during this transition.

Wonderful place

Very helpful, kind, and very easy to communicate our needs.

Good Choice On Move

Moving to Bixby Knolls Towers
has truely been a good move.
The care, friendliness and overall
help from the staff has been exactly what was needed. Living here has been an easy adjustment and is now a place I can call home. I'm not familiar with other senior living communities in the area but BK has
met all expectations.

ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!

It's a BEAUTIFUL facility. Everyone very friendly.
My brother is now a resident at Bixby Towers and he is very comfortable in his new surroundings.
I recommend this place HIGHLY!

What you see is what you get!!

This community offered what we were looking for. The staff are very nice. The food is very good and they offer daily activities. The community is clean and the grounds are well maintained. My parents are doing well at this community and I would recommend it.

We Found A Jewel for Dad at Bixby Knolls Towers, Long Beach, CA

Bixby Knolls Towers in Long Beach was one of a few places that we looked at for independent living situations. I was not able to go the first time with my dad to Bixby Knolls Towers, but my niece's experience with her grandfather was wonderful. In fact, they offered a two night three day free experience at the facility which my dad used. He had an accident there, no fault of the facility, but before he left he wanted to make sure he had an application to Bixby Knolls Towers for their Independent Living tower. The marketing manager is amazing!! She has kept me informed of processes, I am in Texas, and this is in California. She suggested a moving company who knows the ins and outs of moving into this facility. They were good and worked well with my brothers and niece. I made a visit out to see my dad moved in and I could see that he was "at home" in this apartment, rather than rattling around in his large home alone. He is 95 years old and had lived in his house for 63 years. This same manager has answered any questions I have had even now after they have my dad as a resident. It was less than three months from the time he looked at the facility to the time he was relocated. And this was his idea! He doesn't participate in many activities and that is why I gave that part a good as opposed to great. We have been pleased to tell anyone who has asked about Bixby Knolls Towers in glowing terms. I hope that my dad will be able to live long in his new home. He still cooks his breakfast for himself when he feels like it or goes to play golf, but he is happy that there are three meals a day available. He has his laundry done and is pleased with the cleaning of the apartment, bed changing and the linens provided. We have been blessed to have found this jewel. It is a little older than the others we looked at, but that also made the space and cost better than the newer places.

Well-Kept Community

We had pleasant tour of this community. Everything went very well. The staff showed us all around the community. From what I saw everything looked well-kept. The staff I came across was very kind and courteous. I liked this community, but it wasn't the one for us.

A New Adventure Everday

I am very comfortable in this wonderful place! The staff are fabulous and they provide good care. The food is excellent. I get good variety entrees and it is fresh. The community has everything, services, and transportation. The residents are friendly and interesting. I would absolutely recommend to anyone.

Wonderful Management

I'am still getting adjusted to this community, but so far everything is going very well. It is a very nice community, they are treating me good. This community is very great when it comes to activities and entertainment. The food is excellent, I really enjoy the meals. They really bend over backwards for you. They provide transportation to my doctors appointments. The management was great to work with. They have been very accommodating.

Wonderful Well Trained Staff

I really like this community and everything is working out very well for me. The staff is wonderful, and very well trained. They are always willing to help, and they are very sufficient. I have tired a few new activities, and met some new people. The food is good, and I really enjoy the meals. They have a policy where you can come try out the community before you move in. So I would recommend for anyone to come try it out for week and see it you like it.

Newbie who loves it so far

Been here a month and am very happy so far. Great food nice staff and friendly residents.

Review of Bixby Knolls Towers - Long Beach, CA

Pamela was very kind and informative. She addressed residents by name as we toured. The community was clean and nicely remodeled. While there I observed maintenance staff efficiently upgrading a unit that had been vacated. Dining area was very nice with linen table clothes and plenty of employees. Residence were observed using the rec room for bridge. Seemed like a pleasant place to live with beautiful views from the upstairs apartments.

Going very well

Things are going very well so far. So far, I do not have any complaints with the staff or the facility.

BKT, A GOOD EXPERIENCE

I've been here at BXT for 1-1/2 mos and my overall experience has been very positive. The staff personell seem to be very capable, curteous and prompt in satisfying the needs of the residents. I've been especially impressed with the maintenance response In fixing problems occurring in my apartment. The food menu is nourishing and well selected and and its preparation very good. Residents are very friendly and willing to help new arrivals. Billing is straight forward and more than competative with the going market.

Friendly

Both the staff and the residents here are very welcoming and friendly. The facility itself is always clean and it seems to be well run and organized. The food is pretty good and the residents seem happy and well taken care of.

good food

The food was institutional food. It was pretty good.

Review of Bixby Knolls Towers - Long Beach, CA

I toured this community on several occasions unannounced. The staff was always friendly and the residents made me feel welcome. I will be making Bixby Towers my new "Home" in May.

We are so lucky.

Bixby is the perfect home for my father. The staff and residents could not be more caring and friendly. He feels at home there and his needs are met immediately.

I looked at many facilities and BKT far exceeds any of them. It brings much comfort to me as well as his daughter who makes sure he is happy and taken care of.

sister loves it

My sister is staying at Bixby Knolls Towers and she really enjoy sit there. She is really happy with the services and everything overall. She is very happy with the place and is doing very well there.

above and beyond

Really great experience. They went above and beyond in personal attention and make sure it was a smooth transition. They also helped with furnishings which made a big difference. Not only does the staff look out for the residents, but the residents look out for each other. Everybody I saw is well cared for and doing well. Very impressed that the genuinely cared about the residents being happy.

friendly, warm, acitive residnece

This is a wonderful place for people you are looking for some assistance but maintains independence. The staff is beyond friendly, treating every residence with dignity and high regard. They sure know how to spoil the residence. The rooms are roomy and the view is spectacular. The food is wonderful and the wait staff is top dollar. The place is "alive" and active with most activities run by the very residence that live there. The moment I walked in I knew this was the place for my mom.

Bixby Knolls is a home, They truely care for each resident as a individual.

The staff goes above and beyond to make each resident feel valued, important, special and cared for. The grounds are kept well with the added touch of residence’s plants and interest. Bixby Knolls Towers makes the residences feel that this is their home and are welcome to add their personal touch to the place. Any complaint is taken care of immediately and suggestions are put into place.

Excellent move-in experience at the Towers

Following a stroke and hospitalization, we needed to relocate our mom fairly quickly. The staff at the Towers was very friendly and informative when we met. They showed us the assisted living apartments available and helped assist us in getting the necessary paper work and medical information together quickly. They also coordinated with the staff at the rehab facility at the hospital mom was leaving. Assisting us in identifying a mover to move in mom's furniture was another of those small, but very helpful services. We found everyone very accommodating. Mom has been at the Towers only a few days but is beginning to settle in. We are very pleased with our experience in making this decision.

Bixby Knolls Towers: the best!

My mom, I, and our family are very happy we chose Bixby Knolls Towers. The facility, services, residents and especially all the staff are so much better than we could have imagined. Thanks!

Very nice place!

Overall things have gone very Bixby Knolls! They were the friendliest community we saw by far! Both the residents and the staff seemed happy to be there! It was just a nice, clean, warm feeling community in general, and definitely worth a look if you looking into senior living!

MY VERSION OF A NEW HOME

AM STILL IN THE PROCESS OF "MOVING IN" BUT SO FAR HAVE FOUND THE RESIDENTS VERY FRIENDLY AND THE STAFF EXTREMELY HELPFUL AND PLEASANT. I
HAVE LOOKED AT A NUMBER OF SIMILAR COMMUNITIES AND FEEL THAT THIS ONE , WITHOUT DOUBT, IS THE BEST I HAVE SEEN. THE ROOMS AND SURROUNDINGS ARE ESPECIALLY NICE AND THE AMENITIES ARE PLENTIFUL. I AM GLAD THAT "A PLACE FOR MOM)" TOLD ME ABOUT BIXBY KNOLLS TOWERS.

Bixby Knolls Towers, independent living in Long Beach, California is a great place to live.

I am living at Bixby Knolls Towers , independent living, in Long Beach, California for almost 4 years. The apartments here are beautiful. There are Studios, 1 bedroom, and 2 bedroom apartments and all of them also have fully equipped kitchens even though they serve 3 meals a day in the main dining room. Lots and lots of closet space. Rent includes linens, towels, toilet paper, etc., basic cable TV, all utilities except phone. Cleaning lady cleans your apartmet once a week, 3 gourmet meals a day in a luxurious dining room. Laundry room on the premises. Car service to doctors appointments, shopping, etc., many activities.

If you become disabled and no longer can be independent you can move to the Assisted Living section which is next door to the towers.

This really is a very comfortable place to live and the surroundings are beautiful. The people are friendly. The staff is great.

I really like it here and I can highly recommend this place.