Vista Del Mar Senior Living - Long Beach, CA

Vista Del Mar is a warm and inviting retirement community with the best in assisted living in Long Beach. Our large corner campus affords us the luxury of providing many hotel-like amenities for our residents and their families.

Our resident accommodations are the most spacious of any in the Southern California area! With ten foot ceilings, patios or balconies, kitchenettes and vanity areas, our apartments set us apart from the rest. All community common areas and most resident rooms have been recently remodeled with tasteful, high-end finishes.

Our residents an active activities schedules both in within our community; however, our 16 passenger shuttle with wheel chair lift or Vista Del Mar stretch limousine make outings some of our most popular events.

Conveniently located near the intersection of the 710 (Long Beach) & 405 (San Diego) freeways, one block from the Wardlow Station Blue Line light rail and 7 Line bus terminal.
Long Beach Memorial Medical Center is only a mile away and the greater Los Angeles area is at your doorstep!

Our well-trained staff and unparalleled living community help our residents maintain a comfortable, dignified lifestyle – one where they’ll find helpful, personal assistance with the activities of daily living or remain independent if able.

We are proud of our long and distinguished history of providing quality care to seniors in Long Beach and the surrounding area and we are devoted to creating a warm, friendly environment where residents, families and staff can all enjoy
being together.

We also have our "Memory Lane," a secured environment for those with Alzheimer’s Disease and other various cognitive impairment. We have individualized care plans to meet the specific needs of the resident as well as a low resident-to-caregiver ratio.

Wonderful care for my grandfather

Unfortunately, my dear grandfather needed more care than we could provide him in his home and we had to find a suitable home for him. After researching and visiting 9 other facilities, I settled on Vista Del Mar.

I chose it because:
The staff seemed very caring and warm
Amazing amenities and events for the residents (restaurant, bar, courtyard, music, prayer group, movie rooms, pets allowed and more - like a resident dog named Jake who was very calm and loving!)
He was able to have his own (very nice sized) room (with balcony!)

The staff provided dignified and thorough service throughout his last six months and contacted us often and let us know when services needed to be added on (as needed).

Open communication and professionalism from staff is all I ever encountered.

Thank you for giving my grandther the loving care he deserved.

I love Vista Del Mar... I’m retired from Los Angles senior court. Work for 30 years. The reason my pain. Because I have Parkinson, so please excuse my hand writing.

Great Tour

We had a great tour of this community.

My father is living here and I am very happy. With the care he is receiving. The facility is beautiful.

Nice place to live.

It meets my needs!
The food is excellent
The care givers are wonderful.

It has been great living here. I like the employees here and the food is real good. I would rate vista Del Mar as very good. Keep up the good work.

All service is excellent.
[Removed] / [Removed] staff is very cooperative and pleasant!
Food is also very good!
Same goes for all staff

Facility is well-maintained, fresh and clean; have a chef so meals are good and many use fresh ingredients (made from scratch everyday); staff is wonderful!

I could have never asked for a better loving, totally secure & safe environment for my mother. Thank you all and God bless each and every member of this staff & caregiver team

Great Facility!!!

I am very happy with the care giver to me here. The food is very good every meal. Everyone looks cared for and everything everywhere is clean. It was a good choice for me to live here.

Vista Del Mar Senior Residence is for everyone.

Our mother has been at Vista Del Mar for many years. Vista Del Mar is her "home". She has received the best of care everyday. The staff is very attentive, kind and remember the residents' names. The management is also attentive to residents and family's questions as they arise.

The lobby is people friendly with many sitting areas. The patio is inviting with sturdy chairs and tables. The walk ways are user friendly.

There is a posting for breakfast, lunch and dinner with an alternative menus to fit everyone's tastes.

The hall ways are clean and wide with some seats for resting. Each room is clearly marked with Room number and name of resident. Residents can put a decoration on their door, which makes it really like their own home!

Activities are posted in various areas for convenience. There are various activity rooms and and comfortable television rooms. There are monthly Birthday parties, music presentations, and special Holiday parties.

After all Vista Del Mar is really each residents home!

Truly a jem in Long Beach

I have truly found a gem for my grandmother with Alzheimer's to come stay .she originally stayed in the senior living section until her disease persisted they also have Alzheimer's care there .everything is clean in the place ,they have a really nice restaurant ,they have entertainment ,happy hour ,trips ,excursions ...unbelievable .all of the staff is friendly and helpful. the management knows what they're doing .I mean I just can't ask for better. the prices are reasonable unbelievable

A Place Called Home

My mom is a resident at Vista Del Mar and she is very happy. Thank you Mr Dehaan, Exec Director, Ms Silverio, Asst Administrator and Ms Cailao, Community Liaison for providing a safe, loving and caring environment. I highly recommend this facility. There is no place like home- I call it VISTA DEL MAR!

Love this place

the staff was friendly, the nurses are caring and everyone there seemed to be genuinely happy about staying there. I feel confident that my brother will enjoy his stay there.

Happy with my choice

The professional staff at Vista del Mar kept in touch with me during my search for accomodations for my 88 year old uncle. I visited more than a dozen facilities and kept hoping something would become available at Vista del Mar where the apartments are larger, the prices fair and the staff helpful and friendly.

Needs Improvement!!

Vista Del Mar Senior Living has a very strong odor in the community. I was not able to do a proper tour the odor was just too much to handle. Just based on the tour that i took it was clean and up-kept. The staff was nice. There are activities offered to its residents.

James B

Thank you for your feedback. We take cleanliness and oder very seriously and am sorry we fell short of your expectations. I encourage you to contact me directly to provide more information so we an look into what happened.

Love Vista Del Mar!

—My mom has been at Vista Del Mar for a couple of weeks now. I feel like I just sent her off to college and can't reach her now like I use to, because...she is so busy wiyh the activies every day. The first day there she was having lunch in the dining room and thought it was so beautiful she thougjt she had to pay for her meal. Thank you Vista Del Mar and to Charlene for making the transition easy for mom and for all uour wonderful caring staff.

A Pleasant Experience So Far

I'am doing very well here at this facility. They are caring for me and my needs very well. The facility is very well maintained. The staff is kind and very helpful. The only thing I wish they had more would be activities, they don't offer many. The food is fair, it depends on who the cook is. Overall everything is going fine and I would recommend it.

Wonderful Activities Offered

We toured this facility for my father in law. It is a nice community, very big. The staff was very welcoming and friendly. They showed all around the facility, and everything looked very nice and clean. There a wonderful activities like movies night, and fun outing. It was just to big for my father in law, but it was a very nice tour. I would recommend for anyone to go to tour it.

Mother In Law Loves It

My mother in law loves it here. She has adjusted very well to it and we are pleased. The community looks great, and everything looks nice and clean. The staff is great, they are very helpful and kind. She stays busy with all the activities they offer. The food is okay. They have great rates at this community. Overall she is happy and we are happy. I would recommend it.

Why isn't food a part of this overall rating scale?

I would have given a 'great' star in cleanliness if the dining area were cleaner. Food stuck in chair seats and tables not always cleaned before second seating.

Friendly and helpful. Everyone. A few go way above and beyond. I don't know if I should name names!

Value. I think its a good value as I looked at 10 places. They save money on the food. They save too much. More effort should be put in to meals. Twice I found the food to be horrific, three times I wasn't horrified and once it was o.k. and I've eaten there 6 times. Not good odds. I hope they are working on this.
Care services are expensive as they are every where. Luckily we don't need many yet.
Activities director is great! Outings fill up and that's not o.k. Everyone should get to go out if they can and they want. I think they are working on that though.

There are some things that could be better

My brother is staying at Vista Del Mar and the community itself is really nice. The staff are nice and very responsive when there are issues that come up. One thing that I don't like is that the residents don't get their mail in a timely manner. Other than that the staff are pretty good with the residents and we were hoping that my brother would be able to stay long term. Fingers crossed.

Great Place for Parents Who Need Assistance

The activities and amenities offered for residents are great. I was sold after my first visit. The prices are reasonable and the staff is very caring. They have a movie room, a library, a hair salon, and many opportunities for the residents to take day drips away from the facility. It was just what I was looking for.

Very nice place, not a good fit for our loved one

I thought Vista Del Mar Senior Living was a very nice looking place, and everyone seemed very friendly. However, it did not end up being the best fit for my loved one. He had wandering and exit seeking issues and was able to get out a few times, so we ended up having to find a more secure facility for him.

Great place!

Our experience with Vista Del Mar Senior Living has been great! It's a very nice looking facility, they keep it looking very clean and well kept. The staff is friendly and professional, and they take great care of the residents!

Terrific Place

My experience with the Vista Del Mar Senior Living was great. They were all just terrific. They helped out the entire family a great deal. My loved one was very pleased with the care that he was receiving.

Doing a bang up job

My Mother has been at Vista Del Mar now about
6 years, she has always been happy and well attended to.

She is not the strong silent type so we would be the first to know if her needs were not attended to. I personally would like to thank Denise and Sodonia for there continued care and keeping me informed about my mother.

Living out of state (family is in the area) it helps that they keep me in the loop.

Helpful and Positive

It was very difficult to put my loved one in a facility, but they were extremely helpful and very positive. They gave me constant updates and got her to take her medicine within two days, which is the main reason I put her there. I have just been blown away by the experience, they were ultra professional and I have been very impressed.

At present very competitive with other venues. our problem is the one time community fee makes it difficult to accept, but that seems to be the nature of the beast at all facilities.

I needed a quick place and toured this community. The staff were very helpful and friendly. They handled my application and conducted the necessary examination expeditiously. The community is neat and my loved one just loves it!

room to improve

One area they could improve a little more on would be the security, and watching over the patients. It is a little more open and free. It was also a kind of slow process getting my loved one set up in there.

The facility itself is very nice though and everyone has been very friendly and helpful.

very good

The staff is very good, and the activities are very good. The food is very good too.

The only complaint I would have is the price. The amount is a lot. The deposit fee is a lot and is nonrefundable.

It's still new and we are still working out some of the kinks.

It's still new and we are still working out some of the kinks. Our biggest concern is getting the care plan worked out. It's clean and nice, and we haven't had any complaints or issues with things like laundry services, or food. They were better price wise, and closer to us, which is one of the reasons we chose them.

My brother's stay

Nice staff
A bit run down
But they are renovating

4 stars

Everything has been going pretty good. The residents and the staff are all very friendly. They offer activities. The value is pretty good. I would recommend the Vista Del Mar Senior Living.

liked the fact that the unit mom got has a kichen very larg shows that she can do for her self very very nice she only been there for a couple of weeks or so but the staff and everyone is good....i would recommend this facility to others looking

Good job

So far it's been good dad checked in on the third and he fell three days later and has been in skilled nursing homeI will be going back to Vista on the 23rd
Everyone seems to smile and have patience and is very helpful.

It was the right decision!!!

At home he had no one to talk to all day and only read the newspaper or watched some TV. Now he is sociable and has regular meals. He is assisted in bathing even though he did it on his own before (but not very thorough) He still reads his paper every day yet now he goes to the lobby to visit and talks to others. His meals are regular, his laundry is weekly even including his own personal bedding. The caregivers, activity director, driver for outings, office staff and all the others are terrific. We especially love Suzette and Reggie. It is very clean and the meals are good. There is a salad bar every day and they can order something different if wished. The outings every week are supervised and fun. The cost is unbelievably affordable. His room is great. He is in a shared room and has a small patio. Does he agree this is where he should be? Absolutely not? Most people do not like change and this was a big change. But we know it is and know he is happier now and well cared for. They are right on top of his meds and diabetes care. With us it was a fight. He misses the dogs yet you can have a dog here. They will visit him often. One is over 135lbs so too big to live there really and too much for him to take care of. Great place and Great people. We saw a lot of places before making our final decision for him. Thanks to A Place For Mom and Ed Gay.

Content & Cared For

Our family had to find a new home for our 89-year old mom after she broke her hip. I searched 20 places on-line and visited 10 sites. Vista Del Mar was the best choice at our price point. My mom's room is large with its own private bathroom. It has a sliding glass door that opens to a balcony over-looking a patio. The dining room is attractive and there are numerous activities offered. What I like best about Vista is the caring attitude of the staff. They are respectful, attentive, and positive. Mom wears a pendant around her neck that she uses to summon attendants when she needs help. Vista Del Mar offers a variety of additional care options . My mom has adjusted well and is happy in her new home.

very good

My sister first went in to Vista Del Mar in December and it has been a really good experience. They have taken great care of her, and have proactively made changes where they can to accommodate her interest and do what is best for her. The medication management has been great. They helped to get her hooked up with a new doctor who is very good. All the staff members know not only the residents but also their family members by name. It has been a really good experience.

I don't think we could have been in a better place.

I don't think we could have been in a better place. The staff is great. They have alternative options if you don't like what they have to eat. There were a few bugs in the beginning, but they took care of it right away. I haven't found any extra or hidden charges, and this was one of the more reasonably priced places. This place is the best, the people there are just really good, from the front desk people, to the staff walking around. It's a beautiful place.

New resident doing well

Jim has MS, and although he hated to give up the "independence" of living in his own apartment, he knew that he just wasn't able to function on his own any longer. As his principal care giver, I am very much relieved that he now has the care he needs to function, and that the staff by and large respects his autonomy and treats him with care and respect. I feel that he is doing better in this environment than when he was in his own apartment.

I am particularly pleased that the residents seem more like members of a community than inmates at an institution.

I've had a very good experience with ...

I've had a very good experience with Vista Del Mar Senior Living. Staff is on top of things always. If there's ever anything that isn't quite on target, they jump right on the issue to correct it. I'm pleased with the cleanliness of the facility, the food is good, staff is nice, and my in laws are happy there. The laundry is always done as well. And an added bonus and reason I chose this facility is because it's close to the numerous doctor's they both have. They are transported to their appointments by the facility too.

So far So Good!

It has only been a few weeks but my mom loves it at Vista Del Mar. Everyone is very kind and helpful to her.

I am befuddled by the contradictory 'reviews'. Many essentially say, "It is wonderful" while others seem to go to the extreme and say, "Stay away! It's horrible".

Which is it? Without taking your personal tour - TWICE - once on a weekday and the other a weekend it is difficult to form and accurate opinion. Some makes me wonder if the person offering a 'review' even knows which facility they visited!

(QUOTE): "I wasn't too impressed with the facility overall-there was only one group activity going on while we were there-and a lot of residents just sitting around. There was a movie room, gathering rooms, a game room....all with nobody in them. We decided not to tour the Palmcrest Grand yesterday."

OK. They decided, "...not to tour the Palmcrest Grand yesterday." What does this have to do with the "Vista Del Mar Senior Living" facility? What DAY did they visit? Why not ask WHY "...there was only one group activity going on while we were there-and a lot of residents just sitting around."?? So folks DO "sit around" at times! Without more information from an inquisitive "reviewer" seeing little activity means nothing. ASK QUESTIONS and then form your DETAILED opinion.

What better 'review' than that of a RESIDENT? This individual surely seems quite content! Yes, perhaps they are easily satisfied, however, I doubt anyone would deliberately 'lie' and offer information as a 'resident' if they were not since (fabricated 'reviews' are always a possibility - so don't jump on that wagon. I give you that point.

This positive review is stellar: "We have professional, concerned Care Staff and Management Personnel. Transportation by limousine or bus is available for appointments and errands. There is good food with a variety of choices. I enjoy the numerous fun activities. There is a Beauty Salon, Laundry, Movie Room, Physical Therapy Gym, Library, Chapel, Family/Activity Room, Resident Store, Lounge Areas and Patio. Most importantly there is a real 'Family Feel’, we are like good friends and neighbors. We look out for each other. If someone is having a great or bad day, somebody notices. I have my independence and I am not a burden on my family, Vista Del Mar gives them peace of mind. Please come visit us soon, you will be real happy living here!"

VISTA DEL MAR verified the authenticity of the resident. Unless they are lying - it goes hand in hand with OTHER POSITIVE REVIEWS. NEGATIVES ARE ACKNOWLEDGED.

Attention Baby Boomers....I Love It Here!! (Review above)
After Looking At Many, We Chose Vista Del Mar.
The Best In the Long Beach area.
Staff Were Pleasant.
Friendly And Professional.
Getting Better All The Time.
A Nice Senior Living Facility.
Not Perfect But Much Improved.
Well Run Senior Living.
Top Pick. If Dad Moves To Long Beach.
This Was The Best Of The Places We Visited.

AND ......... THE NEGATIVES (to avoid the nit-picky folks):

Not Sure, The Place Didn't Seem To Be An Active Home.
Cheaply Furnished & In A Sketchy Area.
Could Be Cleaner. Much Older Area.
Too Institutional, 3 Stories. Too much walking. HUH(??)
Bad Meal Time Experience.
Not Sure About The Value.
Not The Best Experience.
Average, Nothing Special.

SO? The "good" and the "bad" are represented. Come on folks - take the TOURS (plural) as suggested above and see how YOU feel. ASK QUESTIONS! Keep an open mind and don't pre-form opinions based on 'reviews'; good or bad they can be biased. In the end - NO 'Assisted Living' and certainly NO 'Alzheimers' facility is good enough for our loved ones. I found Vista Del Mar to be quite 'adequate' and for my Alzheimer's afflicted brother it will do quite nicely when the sad time comes.

I traveled 850 miles to take an 'incognito-visit' and in the end I was MOST IMPRESSED by the SMILES I saw on the faces of not only residents - but, the STAFF as well. Certainly NOT EVERYONE is upbeat and cheery - but overall I left with good feelings. I KNOW that none of us work in a setting where EVERY EMPLOYEE is always showing that they LOVE working! It is NO different with the folks at ANY facility such as Vista Del Mar; after all this IS the 'real world'! We are not choosing a 5-Star HOTEL; we seek a place to ADEQUATELY care for our loved one!

Reviews - including my opinionated review MEAN LITTLE until a IN DEPTH VISIT has been made. CHOOSE as if YOU were going to be a 'guest'! You will get far more information and a far better "gut feeling" if you keep an open mind.

In the end I saw a clean facility, most of the staff was quite friendly and residents did NOT appear neglected or abused either physically or emotionally. Activity on WEEKDAYS was more obvious that on weekends; truthfully - don't we ALL slow down once in a while? The 'value'? Considering the massive facility and amenities offered (a la carte on some) the monthly 'cost' can be as high or as low as one chooses. It is not 'cheap' to run a facility where many residents need special care and I was most impressed with the REASONABLE COST for those who are no longer on top of their game mentally.

OK and OK! Enough of 'me'. I am simply trying to drive home some very important points and hope my attempt has made 'YOU' stop and think how to progress through the very difficult choice when it comes to placing a loved one in ANY facility. The more effort and the more open we keep OUR mind - the more apt we are to choose wisely based on FACT - not simply the 'reviews' on a web site.

I certify that this review is based on my own experiences and is my genuine opinion of this community, that I have no business relationship with this community, and that I have not been offered any incentive from this community to write this review. I understand that Senior has a zero tolerance policy for fake reviews.

Highest ratings

We looked at several communities and this one seemed like a good value. There seems to be a lot of activities going on. Parking is a little limited and could be an issue. I’ve heard the food is pretty good.

After Looking At Many, We Chose Vista Del Mar

Great staff! Very helpful and caring. Can't say enough about Ibrahim, Suzette, James and Sidonia, plus many more. Not a five star hotel. But we could afford it and they allowed my Mom's dog. Transitioning into assisted living is never easy and this is a big place. But, they see to keep it together. I wish the food was a little better. That's about it.

Average, nothing special

Vista Del Mar wasn't spotlessly clean, but it wasn't dirty either. The staff was nice, but they didn't make too much of an effort to actually be friendly. They don't offer very many activities. We thought the memory care was too small, however we did like that the residents wear wander guard. We considered if my mother could live in the assisted living part with a wander guard but that side is too big for her. She would get lost and confused. So, memory care is too small and assisted living is too small. This just won't work out for my mother.

She thinks food is okay.

It started as a good value, but ended up not so much. My experience were that we were looking for a shared room and had to take a single room, because the shared wasn’t big enough. That increased the cost and the costs are increasing because they are saying her care needs are increasing. She thinks food is okay.

went for a visit today nice...

went for a visit today nice place my mom thinks this is it. we are returning tomorrow for lunch and to figure out finances.

The best in the LBC

This was the 3rd facility in long beach we toured and by far the best. The faculty is clean and we'll run. We have placed a deposit for mom and hope we can move her in soon. Only drawback is there is not much activity on Sunday

Shared room $1250-1350 Room...

Shared room $1250-1350 Rooms not furnished - Rent @ $75/mo. Includes meals, activities, transporation, utilities, laundry facilities, housekeeping. No phone or cable. Beauty salon, fee Beautiful courtyard. Max. 209, current 196

Staff were pleasant and the...

Staff were pleasant and the outside ground were kept up. It would seem that the 3rd floor was remodeled last and is the most expensive, the third floor was the best of the other two floors. Although the cost for the third floor is high, I could somewhat see the value, but the first and second floors is not worth what they are charging in my opinion. I do not understand the one time charge of $900.00 that goes to the the community as well. There should be a chart and explanation of where this money goes. Since this is my first visit to a facility like this, I have no comparison to make at this time. Overall, I think the facility is well kept with the exception of high dusting, I feel they have potential to grow.

Not for Us

That one was kind of nice, but the clientele was a little more ghetto. It was more homeless style people as opposed to people who have it together. The rooms were really big and they had redone the top floor, but it was so big that my mom could have gotten lost.

Not The Best Experience

Some people were very nice and some were just not. I know that they are a little bit cheaper than other places so I guess the cost was okay. It's really for people who can take care of themselves. They had good housekeeping but the meals were not very good. My mother was just there for a respite stay. She did not participate in any activities but they did have them.

Before she was admitted I was told that my mother would get help with her bathing at least twice a week and someone would help to put her shoes on. She was there for 9 days and no one helped her with anything. Her English is not very good. One day she asked for coffee and the person just repeated what she said, mocking her, and never brought her any coffee. So there were some people who were not really nice.

Friendly and Professional

It is a great place. Everyone is friendly and professional. There are plenty of activities.They are doing things all day long. They seem to be very conscious about what they are doing, and aim to serve people. The food is very good. They are handling her medications and everything else that goes with it. They have a locked memory care unit.

Getting better all the time.

My dad lived in Vista Del Mar approximately a year ago. I have seen a lot of improvements since my dad was there. At the time he was living there I was very satisfied with his care as well as he. I have remained friends with some of the residents so I continue to visit. This past year a lot of improvements have been made to the interior as well as the exterior. The residents are happy and very friendly.

Care for my mother!

I was looking for a nice and reasonable facility to place my mother in.
I had been caring for her while she lived in her own place however things had changed for her mentally and I needed to find a place an take action quickly.
I toured the facility and fell in love right away! I met with the Director; Denise Gilroy and she was very pleasant and easy to deal with. I had several other facilities to tour but they were not a fit for my mother all I could think about was Vista Del Mar. I went for a second tour and made my decision immediately to place my mother at Vista Del Mar. I'm pleased with my decision and so is my mother and family members. I would recommend this place to anyone that's looking to place a loved one in, this is a clean and caring place with friendly staff members!!

Care and Class

Vista Del Mar is a senior living community not to be overlooked. I was hired to perform at an annual senior prom and was blown away by not only the community's beautiful grounds and plentiful common areas, but also how friendly and caring the staff were. Each member of staff was present at the after-hours special event, dancing with and cheering on the residents. It was adorable! Everyone looked so happy to be a part of the community of Vista Del Mar. I highly recommend a visit.

A Nice Senior Living Facility

My grandmother lives at Vista Del Mar. It is a safe, clean, and quiet senior living facility. They also have other forms of entertainment during the week. I enjoyed the family gathering events that Vista Del Mar put on like prom night. However, I wished there were more activities on the weekends.
The staff that I've met were helpful and friendly. I had lunch there and the food was good. Overall, my grandmother likes it here and she is well taken care of.

not perfect but much improved

I moved my mother in law in about two years ago after the new owernship had taken over. When she first moved in she complained about the food and activities. Recently they hired a new head chef who has drastically improved the food quality. They now have large bus and go on trips frequently. Her care charges have increased since she has aged but i guess that can be expected. I would like to seem more activities that are geared towards people with higher education levels...

I wasn't too impressed with...

James B

Thank you for your review. I am not sure what time of day you came to tour but I would like to invite back to take another tour. Sometimes directly after meals there is a break in the action when our residents return to their rooms to rest. We pride ourselves on having many trips and outings (recent excursions [removed] a trips to Disney, the botanical gardens, the OC Fair, and Pechanga). Our residents DO use the common area poker room and movie rooms their use. We invite you back to take a second look.

Mom loves it here

Mom's had a great time at Vista since she moved in last summer. Lot of new friends, activities, and events. Mom even takes the Vista limo to her appointments. Its real community here and she's been cared for better than I could've asked. I take the wife and kids by most weekend to visit and Mom is doing really well. Thanks to the workers for everything they're doing.

Well run senior living.

Professional staff assist at all levels of interaction with the residents. Well planned system of a la carte services. Not heavily subsidized by health insurance companies - more personal and affordable as a consequence. My mother was able to adapt and relax quickly in her new environment.

Not Sure About the Value

I don't really know aobut the value. Does every place charge $300 for incontinence care? It seems like a lot but I don't know! Room and board is only $1850 including furniture and it's a beautiful room but you have to add on the services. I certainly thing the room and board is reasonable and I think it's a good value given that everyone is friendly. The care service - they're there and we use them and they seem good.

The only activity my mom was interested in was Spanish classes. She went there 3 times and they said they were going to have them and the person didn't show up. She was disappointed with that.

There's always people moving in and out so there is junk in the hallways by the loading dock that my mom walks past everyday. I think that should be taken a little better care of and continuing improvements on the garden would be great. It's a real boost to the residents to have a beautiful courtyard and that means more plants and trees.

Bad Meal-Time Experience

My father-in-law is just sat down and given a meal. He is not given a choice unil he speaks up. They make him sit at a certaint able even though he's new and is trying to get to know other residents. The food is not great. He doesn't even eat it half the time. He asked for a male person to bathe him because he's a male and they couldn't get that together for a while.

The value, for what you get, it's good. The maintentance person has been very responsive and nice. We moved my father-in-law there becuase they accepted his two large dogs.

James B

We apologize for the unsmooth transition into our Community; however, we are pleased to report these issues have been addressed and rectified. Over the last month we have hired a new Dietary Director who has both improved quality of food and service. We have also hired additional dining room staff to create a more personalized dining room experience. Over the past month we have also hired additional male resident care staff so shower requests can be accommodated. If there issues with any level of service at Vista Del Mar Senior Living, please email us at [removed].

I chose it because it was the only on...

I chose it because it was the only one available that my mother like and was near where she needed to be. We may be over paying. You have a monthly rate and then everything else is a la carte, it becomes like a menu.

They have have events like taking them shopping on Wednesdays and occasionally they have holiday parties there.

My parents' life changes have been so...

My parents' life changes have been so difficult and challenging for the last two years. I never imagined that they would be able to adjust to assisted living, which I believed was an undesirable yet necessary solution. However, they are now doing surprisingly well and are enjoying being together, and we enjoy regular and pleasant family visits. This success owes to the amazing, wonderful staff at Vista Del Mar, and to the community's uniquely "young" décor (my mother could never have accepted the situation without it!). From the compassionate and fabulous director, Denise Gilroy, the very competent care director Sidonia, and the truly caring staff, to the great energy and follow-up of Suzette in Sales, they helped my parents -- and me -- more than words can possibly express. In addition, they even have great physicians who make house calls. I am confident my parents are in good care at Vista Del Mar.

Too institutional, 3 storie...

Too institutional, 3 stories,too much walking

Best Property For the Money

Toured many Emeritus buildings which were OK and toured Palmcrest Grand. Far and away best bang for the buck around. Newly renovated, staff was freindly, and mom loved the dining room.

Could be cleaner. Much olde...

Could be cleaner. Much older bldg. Slight smell. No parking. Long drive. Patrons did not look happy.

Love this place, Suzette wa...

Love this place, Suzette was very nice and had a good knowledge base. She engaged very well with the current seniors living on the facility. It is currently being renovated with beautiful landscape.

Cheaply furnished & in a sk...

Cheaply furnished & in a sketchy area. Felt like an SRO for seniors.

No this one is a definite possibility...

No this one is a definite possibility! Manager was great, just the kind of person she would "bond" with. Good divers community culture, plenty of access to bus lines and the usual good transportation to doctors, events and shopping. Also resident pets are a real plus. Spotlessly clean, large rooms. Will defintly be sure she sees this one.

***Best so far. Clean and recently re...

***Best so far. Clean and recently remodeled. Beautiful open garden area in the center of the building. Nicest dining room of any seen (as of 12/22). Prices start at $1700 a month. Should go back and take a second look. Exit 8 minutes South of Artesia Exit. Kitchenette can be added for $800.

I did not have enough time to do a fu...

I did not have enough time to do a full tour, but I like this place very much and it is on our list.

Was very impressed, large rooms.

Was very impressed, large rooms.

not sure, the place didn't seem to be...

not sure, the place didn't seem to be an active home

Mom like this one as well as Garden M...

Mom like this one as well as Garden Manor. This one is a little cheaper and offers the same. Not as nice as Garden Manor.

Best of Long Beach. Avocado green co...

Best of Long Beach. Avocado green color exterior with nice model rooms to show. $125.00 per day plus $500.00 fee.

Top pick. If Dad moves to Long Beach,...

Top pick. If Dad moves to Long Beach, he's going here.

This was the best of the places we vi...

This was the best of the places we visited