Glen Park at Long Beach - Long Beach, CA

Our family's experience

A Place for Mom helped me so much when I was in great need!.[Name removed], our counselor is so efficient and understanding
I recommend to all, as often as I can. Thank you very much

I really loved this place. The staff is so nice and I love seeing the people there because they look so happy.

Lack of quality care

After the short time that my loved one was here the experience has not been a great one. I’m not sure if it’s because of the structure that the facility goes by, but I believe that for such a large property they need more care takers. The facility itself looked nice with fresh paint and no bad orders. There is just a lack of quality of care here. I think some of the people there have awareness, but most don’t really care. To them it is just a job; there is no sense of hospitality.

The tour started late and the representative had to keep leaving the room to check on the room prices. Residents seemed happy. Excellent cook.

Didn't offer as much as other options

I was leaning towards Glen Park for my mother. It's older but they have recently painted and it's well taken care of. The bathrooms are older and only have tubs so some residents may need assistance. There was also no storage or kitchenette in the apartments.The price was comparable to other communities we looked at who offered more so we chose another option.

Please be aware that as a memory care facility, bed rails are not available at all which I find strange. Something to be noted if it is needed. Another thing to is that there was an incident where there was an injury and no formal verbal description was given until asked and it was very vague.

We have decided to place our father here. Impressed with the caring staff and believe this will be a good fit.

A great place

My friend likes the care that she is getting here. The staff is very helpful with her needs. She seems to like the meals that are offered. The community is always very clean. We recommend this community to others for good care and value.

My Mom Was Here For Awhile

It was a good experience for me and it worked out fine for the time we needed them. The meals seemed to be okay and they do offer activities. My mom felt they slowed down her recovery and she did not feel safe enough to walk around in her walker. We also struggled with the medication plan and that was frustrating. Overall, I think the environment was fine at the staff are attentive.